The Official Trade David Lee and Put Gallinari at Power Forward Thread

jpz17

Starter
D'Antoni likes Lee, the only way hes going is if we get a great player in return. Hes working with Nash this summer so we should see some offensive improvment. Lee has gret potential

Trin_Starr

Starter
something's maybe brewing - Donnie was just supposed to do an 11am interview with ESPN but he cancelled it cause something came up....
hmmmm

metrocard

Legend
Yo, just to drop some more knowledge.

Gallinari will play PF similar to how Rashard Lewis plays PF on the perimeter or Boris Diaw.

We'll have a center in the paint and 4 players out, Gallinari will spread the floor, assist, and create. David Lee would be a good center in a running team with his rebounding ability and outlet passing.

We could do this.

Penetrator and Distributor - Marbury(6"2)
Scoring Wing Player - Chandler(6"8)
Rebounding/Defensive Forward - Balkman(6"8
Pointfoward - Gallinari(6"10)
Run and Gun Center - Lee(6"9)

Thats an average sized line up, very similar to Phoneix, where Balkman would play like Marion without a jumpshot, Gallinari will play like Diaw with a jumpshot, Lee will play like a Missouri version of Amare, Chandler can hit a shot and is athlete...he'll do his own style. Marbury can penetrate and keep his dribble as good as Nash or anyone in the NBA, so he'll be good at PG.

I would ride out with that line, let go of Curry, Randolph and Crawford and build for the future.
-In 2009, we could draft a PG or center, to move Lee back to PF and Gallinari back to SF, where Balkman can come off the bench and provide energy

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
man i really gotta question ya for being knick fans, to say u want david lee gone and Gallinari startin PF shows alot about ya, david lee is probably the only knick that could fit in da 90's knicks, david lee plays hard every minute and ya talkin about replacing em wit a player we barely kno and most likely soft compared to david lee...dont get me wrong, david lee can go wit the right deal but to replace david lee in da depth chart wit Gallinari, im not up for dat

KBlack25

Starter
So...we fight all year to keep this guy, we don't trade him in any of the big deals that had him as a focal point, to draft some guy from Italy that no one on this board has ever seen play live so we can trade D.Lee? I think maybe we should see this guy play, you know, at least one second of NBA ball before we decide we need to ship the brightest part of our team out of NY.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
metrocard i like your line up. i have a feeling chandler will have a very good season under mike. Lee at center works aswell. Although undersized he can rebound like a bigger man. bringing nate on from the bench will add that extra spark and his energy, speed and athletisim will be a big factor. I know we always say this but maybe this is the year we start to get better.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
man i really gotta question ya for being knick fans, to say u want david lee gone and Gallinari startin PF shows alot about ya, david lee is probably the only knick that could fit in da 90's knicks, david lee plays hard every minute and ya talkin about replacing em wit a player we barely kno and most likely soft compared to david lee...dont get me wrong, david lee can go wit the right deal but to replace david lee in da depth chart wit Gallinari, im not up for dat

Please dont say david lee and 90's knicks in the same sentence. Wats the deal with no one jumpin all over lee for stoppin us from gettin another draft pick? If that was Marbury everyone would be killin him. I honestly believe if we find the right gm...preferably a white one whos a david lee stan....we can rape a team. We shouldnt try to force a trade or anything...but i really think we can get alot of value in return for david Lee. The 1st priority should still remain to get rid of the twin twinkies and crawful.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Please dont say david lee and 90's knicks in the same sentence. Wats the deal with no one jumpin all over lee for stoppin us from gettin another draft pick? If that was Marbury everyone would be killin him. I honestly believe if we find the right gm...preferably a white one whos a david lee stan....we can rape a team. We shouldnt try to force a trade or anything...but i really think we can get alot of value in return for david Lee. The 1st priority should still remain to get rid of the twin twinkies and crawful.

what did david lee do to stop us from gettin the 5th pick??

Trin_Starr

Starter
he told his agent to tell memphis that wasn't going to resign with them when he becomes a FA next year - and that scared them off right off the bat.
Didn't want to invest in a player who could bolt at any time.

first off metros lineup does not work at all
you only have one 3pt shooter and even his distance shooting isnt proven yet in gallinari

you have no rebounding ... lee wont out rebound other center standing at only 6'9
balkman is only an average rebounder
gallinari is not a rebounder ..yet plus he plays on the perimeter
chandler is definately not a sg nor does he have a decent perimeter game
marbury would be the only guy playing in position... is you have one or at most two guys playing out of position it isnt bad (ex sprewell) but if you whole team is out of position you will be defensive liabilities at every spot on hte floor

as of now there are two small rumors floating around about lee

the first one im not in favor of it is with the bobcats for ray felton and a future pick

the second has no details other than it involves lee and the blazers who apparently desperatly want lee
this may involve bayless and or one of the big men they drafted like dorsey or arthur
in order to make this happen we would have to give up oother pieces probably which would be perfectly fine
we gain a bigman who can rebound to take over for lee and a future pg/sg in bayless
i like it

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Yo, just to drop some more knowledge.

Gallinari will play PF similar to how Rashard Lewis plays PF on the perimeter or Boris Diaw.

We'll have a center in the paint and 4 players out, Gallinari will spread the floor, assist, and create. David Lee would be a good center in a running team with his rebounding ability and outlet passing.

We could do this.

Penetrator and Distributor - Marbury(6"2)
Scoring Wing Player - Chandler(6"8)
Rebounding/Defensive Forward - Balkman(6"8
Pointfoward - Gallinari(6"10)
Run and Gun Center - Lee(6"9)

Thats an average sized line up, very similar to Phoneix, where Balkman would play like Marion without a jumpshot, Gallinari will play like Diaw with a jumpshot, Lee will play like a Missouri version of Amare, Chandler can hit a shot and is athlete...he'll do his own style. Marbury can penetrate and keep his dribble as good as Nash or anyone in the NBA, so he'll be good at PG.

I would ride out with that line, let go of Curry, Randolph and Crawford and build for the future.
-In 2009, we could draft a PG or center, to move Lee back to PF and Gallinari back to SF, where Balkman can come off the bench and provide energy

Metro,

I like your idea. I have some very similar thoughts. However, I think the Knicks are not done making moves. So I suspect we are going to have to shuffle that line up a few times. I haven't been here for awhile (busy), so I don't know what people here think of Gallinari, but I've done some research and I think we got ourselves a very good player that NY fans are going to fall in love with in a couple of years. He can do a real lot of things very well and has the type of positive personality that will be infectious on the team after he proves himself a little.

metrocard

Legend
you only have one 3pt shooter and even his distance shooting isnt proven yet in gallinari

you have no rebounding ... lee wont out rebound other center standing at only 6'9
marbury would be the only guy playing in position... is you have one or at most two guys playing out of position it isnt bad (ex sprewell) but if you whole team is out of position you will be defensive liabilities at every spot on hte floor

It works.

D'Antoni believes in a 4 up and 1 down system. 1 Big man and 4 guys spreading the floor. You probably haven't watched Phoneix play.

Balkman is an average rebounder? You're a fool. Balkman averages 10-12 rebounds per 40 minutes. How is that average?
6"9 isn't small. Amare is 6"9, 6"10 and he played center for Phoneix. Lee is a better rebounder than Amare, so whats your point? You're not making any sense.

Chandler can play SG. He's a SG/SF.

Rashard Lewis plays PF for Orlando, Gallinari is as big as Lewis and is a better slasher. Gallinari likes to score around the basket and pass it off in the half court. Its a great line up because everyone in the line up has their own unselfish nature.

My line up creates diversity and BALL MOVEMENT, which is a big plus. You can't come up with a better line up so fall back.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

I didnt think about gallinaris softness on the boards...what did he average about 5 and a half rebounds a game right? I dont know about this.

GetRealistic

Starter
The lineup is a good lineup for spurts but it can't be your regular lineup.

Balkman provides absolutely no offense at all unless its a dunk in transition. Chandler hasn't proven hes a legit jump shooter. Also i hate to burst everybodies bubble hes not that great of a defender. Hes a nice help defender but hes nothing more then an average defender. He looks good defensive because the rest of the team is so awful.

Chandler hasn't proven he can knock down jump shots. I believe hes going to be a good player, but in your projected lineup hes either the number 2 or 3 option.

Marbury i hate him but he will be the point for one more season, i can't really argue that. I'm going to get one of those countdown meters as my sig that counts down the days until hes gone. He should be the point guard but he shouldn't be the number one option.

Gallo- I think he was a good pick but you can't expect right off the bat a 19 year old is going to be the number 2 scoring option from day one. You may be able to roll the dice and get away with his non rebounding but not all the time.

I know you and many others completely hate Crawford but if hes on the team he should start. I'd have no problem trading him, but if hes on the team hes the best shooting guard we have at this moment. In this system he could potentially put up huge numbers. Unless Gallo is lights out or Chandler really devolps a jumper hes unfortunately our best shooter.

Curry-- We all know he sucks but he could fit a 1 - 4 offense. Say what you want but he can score on the low block. Especially with the court spread. With the court spread even he could be able to pass out because it'll be so easy to see the double coming. I'm not saying he deserves 35 minutes a night more like 25-30.

My lineup

Marbury
Crawford
Chandler
Lee
Curry

I would have Gallanari is the primary backup for Chadler and Lee. And Nate as the main backup guard. And the combo of Richardson or Jefferies as the other guy off the bench.

With this system and a do everything 6'10 type player you could throw out a lot of fun lineups for short periods of time depending on the situation. In this system you could throw a lineup like this out for 5 minutes or so

Marbury
Robinson
Crawford
Richardson/Chandler
Gallinari/ Lee

Obviously the above lineup couldn't defend any team in the league. But you hope you could lure the opposing team into running up and down with them and getting out of there sets. The Suns and Warriors are great at doing that. They let the other team have fun playing their up temp style for 3 quarters or so but come late in the game the opposition is tired from not being used to playing this way.

We may not be great this year but we should be much more entertaining.