Don't hate the player.. Hate the coach

moneyg

Starter
While I totally dont hate O'antoni.. I am not of fan of his favortism of Gallo.

I think it comes down to a simple question..

Are we are gullable enough to think that....

....if Gallo wasnt his friends son (if not his own)

....if O'antnoi wasnt a hero in Italy

would he have been promoted for the All Star game
would he have been given such a long leash
would he still be in the staring lineup

facts show that if Gallo was some other pick in the 2008 and he wasn't connected to O'antoni.... he might not be a knick today

while i like gallo and would luv to keep him on the team... he is best suited off the bench.. and he is not better than chandler

its a shame how politics play out.. but we have to admit that its plays a major role in how gallo is viewed..

Dunlevey would do the same for his son
Allan Houston father did the same for his son

NOBODY can say that it doensnt have an impact on the way Gallo is treated.

....and thats just the facts

I often wonder how Gallo fairs in practice against Chandler, Walker and Williams. I think these guys abuse him. Gallo cant play defense. Cant get his own shot. He's basically a catch and shoot player. Stay on his jumper and you can render him practically useless.

moneyg

Starter
You guys are so stupid it's not even worth it.

so i am assuming you think O'antoni doesnt favor gallo because that his frined's son.. how gullable r u???

answer this..

Would you do the same for your best friend's son???

u cant say you wouldnt.... so dont act like it doesnt exist...dont be that foolish

moneyg

Starter
You should have made this thread a while ago ...

probably.. just didnt want to base this on a small sample..

the interesting thing will be when Gallo comes back from injury.. how we fare without gallo and how O'antoni reinsets him...

the next 3 weeks will show alot

but history shows the favortism will be present.. without a doubt

skisloper

Starter
He is 22 years old. His game has gotten better each season.

Blame the coach ?

What does Mike D get credit for ? is there anything at all ?

It seems on this board that
When Stat struggled in the first bunch of games it was Coaches fault for not getting him the ball it better positions. Now Stat shines and Coach gets no credit...

When we were losing Coach sucked. We are winning and now Coach still sucks because we cannot beat Miami or Orlando ?

Coach sucks for using chandler the way he has but just maybe chandler has evolved and shined due to this ? Is this not the same thing many of u are saying to do with Gallo.

The negativity about not playing Randolph or Mozgov again coach sucks...

Just seems like Coach and Walsh worked for 2 years to get us on track. We are now better then we ALL thought we would be in January. Lets not bullshit.
We have a strong bench, Felton has evolved into a star, stay is beyond anyones imagination and most important we have total salary flexibility at the end of the season to control our destiny. ( yes Houston trade was a mistake but u know what it was worth a shot and in the end if we trade randolph for a first rounder we lost Hill for a shot at Lebron and also had fun for Mcgrady's first game at the garden ).

Point is Love what we have....If u Hate Dantonio then hate Walsh...For that matter just hate...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Are you really suggesting D'Antoni would sacrifice his job and legacy for Gallo? That's what it comes down to. That he would rather play Gallo than win a game. SMH.

moneyg

Starter
He is 22 years old. His game has gotten better each season.

Blame the coach ?

What does Mike D get credit for ? is there anything at all ?

It seems on this board that
When Stat struggled in the first bunch of games it was Coaches fault for not getting him the ball it better positions. Now Stat shines and Coach gets no credit...

When we were losing Coach sucked. We are winning and now Coach still sucks because we cannot beat Miami or Orlando ?

Coach sucks for using chandler the way he has but just maybe chandler has evolved and shined due to this ? Is this not the same thing many of u are saying to do with Gallo.

The negativity about not playing Randolph or Mozgov again coach sucks...

Just seems like Coach and Walsh worked for 2 years to get us on track. We are now better then we ALL thought we would be in January. Lets not bullshit.
We have a strong bench, Felton has evolved into a star, stay is beyond anyones imagination and most important we have total salary flexibility at the end of the season to control our destiny. ( yes Houston trade was a mistake but u know what it was worth a shot and in the end if we trade randolph for a first rounder we lost Hill for a shot at Lebron and also had fun for Mcgrady's first game at the garden ).

Point is Love what we have....If u Hate Dantonio then hate Walsh...For that matter just hate...

why dont you read the thread????huh

its about O'antoni's favoritism for gallo.. which would exist if you coacjed your friends son..

wouldnt it..

gallo is good... but the favortism the coach gives him.. putting him in a postions and giving him added pressure for a role he may not be quite ready for..

thats the problem

can u honestly tell me that our coach doesnt favor gallo??

i think our coach is ok.. good offensively.. but lacks defensive strategy..

heck.. the only reason herb willams in still on thei staff is because of Dolan..

the only reason Allan Houston is assistant to Walsh is because of Dolan

The only reason Walsh gave Isaih props for STAT is because of Dolan

thats favoritism

i dont hate gallo... I hate the favortism he get for O'antoni

..and thats what this thread is about..

what r u blind?? or do you just have your own cliff notes version of this thread???

moneyg

Starter
Are you really suggesting D'Antoni would sacrifice his job and legacy for Gallo? That's what it comes down to. That he would rather play Gallo than win a game. SMH.

im sayin he would give gallo more opportunities than he would give a player not named gallo... its not like gallo cant contribute... but we are not a better team with gallo at the 3 versus chandler.. we r not..

we are better with the lineup we used with turiaf at the 5..

O'antoni is stuck between starting Turiaf and sending chandler to the bench.. or playing gallo and sending turiaf to the bench.. but stats show that we are better against good teams when turiaf starts...and chandler should be starting over gallo

favoritsm

so yes...O'antoni will sacrafice a win(s) for favortism...like most people would do in his situation.. but its favoritism.. and it pisses me off..

there is not one GM that would take gallo over chandler..
there is not one coach who would start gallo over chandler

not one.. so u figure it out

skisloper

Starter
im sayin he would give gallo more opportunities than he would give a player not named gallo... its not like gallo cant contribute... but we are not a better team with gallo at the 3 versus chandler.. we r not..

O'antoni is stuck between starting Turiaf and sending chandler to the bench.. or playing gallo and sending turiaf to the bench.. but stats show that we are better against good teams when turiaf starts...and chandler should be starting over gallo

favoritsm

so yes...O'antoni will sacrafice a win(s) for favortism...like most people would do in his situation.. but its favoritism.. and it pisses me off..

I read your thread and my point is the Constant Negativity towards Coach.
You actually are saying Gallo gets played even if that means us losing games.
So when we were losing and Gallo was benched what was your thought process regarding that ?
Now that we are winning and Gallo had alot of playing time what is your rational ?

Please remember who is on our bench.
Walker....DID NOT PLAY IN BOSTON.
Williams..Due to dope only Donnie gave him a chance.
Randolph..played little in Golden State and based on what we have seen we can see why......He will be traded for a first rounder.
Turiaf....we need to preserve what he has left...remember his knee can act up anytime and then he is done. The minutes he gets used have to be very specific.
Douglas...Playing injured....
Mozgov...Lost on the court...

Who's minutes has Gallo been taking ?

remember Chandler was busted ( charges dropped) for weed in his car....Not a sign of a smart dude....Mistakes happen but I am sure Walsh/D'antonio were not happy and not so sure of his future....

moneyg

Starter
I read your thread and my point is the Constant Negativity towards Coach.
You actually are saying Gallo gets played even if that means us losing games.
So when we were losing and Gallo was benched what was your thought process regarding that ?
Now that we are winning and Gallo had alot of playing time what is your rational ?

Please remember who is on our bench.
Walker....DID NOT PLAY IN BOSTON.
Williams..Due to dope only Donnie gave him a chance.
Randolph..played little in Golden State and based on what we have seen we can see why......He will be traded for a first rounder.
Turiaf....we need to preserve what he has left...remember his knee can act up anytime and then he is done. The minutes he gets used have to be very specific.
Douglas...Playing injured....
Mozgov...Lost on the court...

Who's minutes has Gallo been taking ?

remember Chandler was busted ( charges dropped) for weed in his car....Not a sign of a smart dude....Mistakes happen but I am sure Walsh/D'antonio were not happy and not so sure of his future....

im not saying play AR or anybody else.. im saying u cant sit here and say our coash doesnt favor gallo

why r u avoiding the question???

if u dont think its favoritism.. thats fine... but im not fooled

LJ4ptplay

Starter

favoritsm

I disagree. I think a lot of people blow this way out of proportion. I get the feeling D'Antoni would drop Gallo, or anybody for that matter, like a hot potatoe if it meant winning vs. losing.

He benched him for large portions of games this year, during our slump. He didn't even play him for an entire 2nd half of one game.

D'Antoni said he initially didn't want Gallo in the draft and it was Walsh's scouts that convinced both him and Walsh to draft him.

I think a lot of fans forget last year. Chandler was an awful outside shooter and just as inconsistent as Gallo. Gallo was tearing it up the last 20 games of the season. He was beginning to show what a lot of people thought he could be.

He plays Gallo because of the system. For spreading the floor to run the pick-and-roll and give Amare room. We started the winning streak when Turiaf went to the bench and Chandler played PF to spread the defense.

He only played Turiaf 20 minutes against the Spurs. He still went with Chandler at the 4 for the majority of the game, and the end of the game, to spread the floor.

It's about the system, spacing and giving the current team the best chance to win based on the system. Not because he would prefer Gallo over winning.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
While I totally dont hate O'antoni.. I am not of fan of his favortism of Gallo.

I think it comes down to a simple question..

Are we are gullable enough to think that....

....if Gallo wasnt his friends son (if not his own)

....if O'antnoi wasnt a hero in Italy

would he have been promoted for the All Star game
would he have been given such a long leash
would he still be in the staring lineup

facts show that if Gallo was some other pick in the 2008 and he wasn't connected to O'antoni.... he might not be a knick today

while i like gallo and would luv to keep him on the team... he is best suited off the bench.. and he is not better than chandler

its a shame how politics play out.. but we have to admit that its plays a major role in how gallo is viewed..

Dunlevey would do the same for his son
Allan Houston father did the same for his son

NOBODY can say that it doensnt have an impact on the way Gallo is treated.

....and thats just the facts

I and a few others have made the point about Gallo all season, but these people are obviously brainwashed by the Al Trautwigs of the world, they buy into the hype and the marketing and lets face it... Guys like Gallo, Nate Robinson are novelty players that put fans in seats and get people excited.

Let these kids enjoy him while he lasts as trying to argue with them is pointless, you get the same bs line every time.. hes young talented etc... You either know how to play basketball or not. Gallo skills are limited by his difficulty adjusting to the physical nature of the nba and his own lack of athleticism.

To be fair tho, I think its not his fault. To his credit he even said that he doubts he will be an all-star and he did not ask for all the attention and hype that was forced on him by MSG and the media. Gallo has demonstrated a desire to get better and seems very coachable so I got no real problem with him as its his job to shoot 3 pointers whether hes hitting or not. Its more the moronic Gallo-lovers who come with the same tired argument and literally look more and more delusional with each lackluster outing Gallo has. Luckily people have caught on finally, including the press which is now giving Wilson his f**king due.

The All-Star promotion is just that promotional marketing, Donnie and D'Antoni aren't stupid, if they could unload Gallo and AR for Carmelo they would pull that heist off in a NY Milli-second. As is your just going to put up with the ensuing cock-sucking party that goes on every time he does something remotely productive like hit a wide open shot, or do his best Ginobili impression to get to the line.

Gallo is not a great player, nor will he ever will be but its more the fault of D'Antoni and MSG marketing that pumped this kid up with expectations so average is not good enough.

skisloper

Starter
im not saying play AR or anybody else.. im saying u cant sit here and say our coash doesnt favor gallo

why r u avoiding the question???

if u dont think its favoritism.. thats fine... but im not fooled

I guess a coach has their favorites.
Does he have a soft spot for Gallo no doubt.
But to say you think he would give up wins just to let Gallo play is just silly.

Do you not see that ?

Why did he bench Gallo so much in the first 10 games ?

Coach spoke of Randolph as a great athlete and addition to this team. He knows he ate his words by not letting him crack the rotation. Point is D'Antonio owns up to his mistakes

YET U choose to believe that if Coach had a choice to win or let Gallo play an extra 10 minutes he would chose Gallo...come on ?????

pat

Starter
I disagree. I think a lot of people blow this way out of proportion. I get the feeling D'Antoni would drop Gallo, or anybody for that matter, like a hot potatoe if it meant winning vs. losing.

He benched him for large portions of games this year, during our slump. He didn't even play him for an entire 2nd half of one game.

D'Antoni said he initially didn't want Gallo in the draft and it was Walsh's scouts that convinced both him and Walsh to draft him.

I think a lot of fans forget last year. Chandler was an awful outside shooter and just as inconsistent as Gallo. Gallo was tearing it up the last 20 games of the season. He was beginning to show what a lot of people thought he could be.

He plays Gallo because of the system. For spreading the floor to run the pick-and-roll and give Amare room. We started the winning streak when Turiaf went to the bench and Chandler played PF to spread the defense.

He only played Turiaf 20 minutes against the Spurs. He still went with Chandler at the 4 for the majority of the game, and the end of the game, to spread the floor.

It's about the system, spacing and giving the current team the best chance to win based on the system. Not because he would prefer Gallo over winning.

Agreed 100%. All there is to say: Danilo Gallinari EFF + 15.03. Why would you not play him? And it isn't even a question of playing Gallo over Chandler. D'Antoni plays them both.

skisloper

Starter
Agreed 100%. All there is to say: Danilo Gallinari EFF + 15.03. Why would you not play him? And it isn't even a question of playing Gallo over Chandler. D'Antoni plays them both.

I think his point is that no matter what the scenario coach will call upon Gallo go into a game even if that means we lose....Based on our winning record the argument is mute.

He is a Gallo hater or for some reason has issue with the bond coach has with Gallo. Should they pretend they are not close ?
When we start losing and Gallo's on court performance worsens watch how quick Gallo is moved to the bench just as he was in the first 10 games of the season.

moneyg

Starter

first of all that win streak was not aaginst that many good teams... im lookin at our record when turiafs starts...do you know what that is... look it up..ok

and we are better.. when turiaf starts and chandler is a better 3 than gallo..

i cant go by these last years cuz we were a losing team....and i am not a fan of good numbers on bad teams...

we are good now.. and gallo should not be starting

felton
fields
chandler
amare
turiaf

gives us the best chance against good teams.. key word .. good

if we cant get melo..im using galo for a big... and id use williams off the bench becuse he more comaprable to gallo thand gallo is to chandler

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer

Tearing it up at the end of a losing season in meaningless games. Right so we should get back Mardy Collins and Earl Barron. Wilson is playing good on a good team in games that matter. Wilson as played well against the Heat, Celtics and was our best player in our best win of the season versus the Spurs. Gallo only really had a good game against the Celtics, in which he was horrible in the first half and then got it going down the stretch with clutch play. If he was consistently deadly from downtown and a little better rebounder then we can start talking, right now he is Matt Bonner.