D'Antoi Tells Knick Fans Chanting For Marbury "You've Gotta Be F...ing Kidding Me"

D'Antoi Tells Knick Fans Chanting For Marbury "You've Gotta Be F...ing Kidding Me"

http://www.nypost.com/seven/1031200...curses_as_garden_crowd_chants_for__136128.htm

With some in the Garden crowd surprisingly chanting "We Want Steph" with 11:10 remaining in the fourth (others booed the chant), a stewing D'Antoni was caught on MSG Network cameras Wednesday in a tirade, mouthing:
"You've got to be (bleeping) kidding me. You've got to be (bleeping) kidding me. What a bunch of (bleep) holes."
Yesterday after practice, D'Antoni acknowledged his frustration with the Marbury chanters, showing how strongly he believes the lightning-rod point guard does not belong on the court. Marbury received a DNP, his second of his career, and is out of the rotation indefinitely despite likely being the team's most skilled player.
"Sometimes I don't think the fans quite get it," D'Antoni said. "It's like who you draft. They're going to boo. When you make a big decision, someone's going to like it, someone's not. You'll hear from the people who don't.
"Did I look exasperated?" D'Antoni added. "I was into the game. You get so much adrenaline at that point and you react. I'm into the game, into the moment. Sometimes I can be better than that. I'll make mistakes. I'll do better."

First good sign I've seen from the new regime.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
pringles_mikedantoni.jpg
lost.

the ny post is reachin on that one

image004.gif

FUKK Haterburys

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I read an article where he denies saying that to fans. It came right as a foul was called on Collins. (i think) He claims he was referring to the ref's call.

Paul1355

All Star
I read an article where he denies saying that to fans. It came right as a foul was called on Collins. (i think) He claims he was referring to the ref's call.

False journalism is a growing problem in NY. Get some real stories and not accusations that are guesses.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I watched the game and he was clearly referring to the fould by Collins.
I even laughed at it when it happened.

Paul1355

All Star
I watched the game and he was clearly referring to the fould by Collins.
I even laughed at it when it happened.

Then this proved my point of false journalism. Journalist should have proof of something before they make it big. And go into specific details, not "oh he said something and it was "probably" referring to this event."

Not how you report, it can come back and bite you, publicly.

GetRealistic

Starter
Berman is by far the worst. I used to think Hahn was good but he's gone more and more into the tabaloid stuff instead of writing about basketball.

Even if D'Antoni truely hated Marbury (which he doesnt) he wouldnt' be stupid enough to say that stuff to the fans on opening night.

Berman is by far the worst. I used to think Hahn was good but he's gone more and more into the tabaloid stuff instead of writing about basketball.

Even if D'Antoni truely hated Marbury (which he doesnt) he wouldnt' be stupid enough to say that stuff to the fans on opening night.

I hear you about Berman but D'Antoni's quotes tell you that he probably did say that.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the new york media is already looking for off the court drama to surround us and we're only one game in.....they cant just let us have the win and move on....hop off our nuts and let us just play basketball this kinda shit disracts our team and we'll end up losing again...hopefully d'antoni gets his players to focus on basketball

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look Dammit, all I want to be this year is a basketball team! Is that really too much to ask for? Damn for the past three seasons we have been a Soap Opera. This sort of thing just makes us look really really dumb! And ofcourse our half witted journalist dont make it any better. What really pisses me off about the media is before I thought they wrote so bad about us out of spite of Dolan's media policy. But, Donnie has reworked it so they can actually start creating some quality stories and they still doing us wrong. I lost all respect for The New York post anyways when I found out they were owned by FOX, but now none of them seem crediable to me anymore.

Honestly I hope Steph plays relevant minutes tonight just so there is no story about this tommorow. But lets do our part and talk about the game only in our threads.

portega1968

El Cacique
Honestly I hope Steph plays relevant minutes tonight just so there is no story about this tommorow. But lets do our part and talk about the game only in our threads.

Don't fool yourself... there will be a story about Marbury tomorrow if he doesn't play and there will also be a story if he does play. The debate around Marbury will continue long after his children retire from the NBA. It'll follow us to our frikin graves... it will not end, never I tell you!!!!

I'd like to focus on Chandler, Gallo, Nate and Lee helping this team reach the promised land by 2012.

Don't fool yourself... there will be a story about Marbury tomorrow if he doesn't play and there will also be a story if he does play. The debate around Marbury will continue long after his children retire from the NBA. It'll follow us to our frikin graves... it will not end, never I tell you!!!!

I'd like to focus on Chandler, Gallo, Nate and Lee helping this team reach the promised land by 2012.

Exactly if they're not going to play Marbury they should just cut him cause otherwise a black cloud is going to follow the team.

That said I think D'Antoni should be playing him as long as he's on the team. The fact that he's not and he's still on the team is again not a good sign for the Walsh/D'Antoni regime. When they came aboard they said everybody has a clean slate, apparently everyone except Steph.