Beno Udrih To Sign One-Year Deal With Knicks

This is another not flashy signing, but it could end up being huge for us. Our third point guard is often our backup point guard when Coach Woodson decides to play Felton and Priggs together. If Udrih can be solid for us, it gives us so much more versatility than we would otherwise have with our lineups.

Absolutely Udrih is the best option.

Udrih,Murray, and Tyler would be fantastic to finish up the roster.

Well, now we've got 2 of the 3, not sure who's going to get that last spot though. Grunwald has quietly given us depth with upside without any damage to our ability to clear salaries in two years. Not too shabby.

CoolClyde

Update!! Beano will sign with knicks for 1-year vets minimum

Update: Beno Udrih will sign with Knicks

1068.jpg

Updating a previous item, Beno Udrih will sign a one-year deal at the veteran minimum with the Knicks.

It's a solid pickup for the Knicks and they have been able to maximum their dollars and exceptions with players like Udrih and Metta World Peace at relatively cheap deals. Udrih will backup Raymond Felton and will have to battle Pablo Prigioni for minutes. Prigioni was a key part of the Knicks' 13-game winning streak last year, so the 31-year-old Udrih has his work cut out for him.

Source: Al Iannazzone on Twitter
Aug 8 - 10:10 AM

FU*CK YEAHHHHHHHH GLENWALDO!!!

tiger0330

Legend
Devin Harris signed a 1yr vet min contract with the Mavs so it's possible that we could get Beno for a 1yr min deal. Grunny work your magic.
The Great Grunwald. Frigging guy is a magician signing MWP, Kmart and Beno to min level contracts. You can credit that new CBA, never have I seen so many guys sign minimum contracts before.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Teams shaping up nicely. We're deep at the guard position.

Look at the Knicks rocking some Euro flav

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
It is official, Knicks got Udrih

Finally a legit signing this off-season after a myriad of NOOOOOOOOOOOOOS's

Beno's signing in a vacuum proves just for this season New York may have gotten back the "MYTHICAL" lure.

About time, real talk Beno should start and I'm not kidding. LMAO @ Felton<--------(he should be on the clock...2015 is around the corner)

Broadway

All Star
The Great Grunwald. Frigging guy is a magician signing MWP, Kmart and Beno to min level contracts. You can credit that new CBA, never have I seen so many guys sign minimum contracts before.

He's not because every GM in the league did this. All of those signings came after the pickens became slim.

I mean we knew K-Mart wasn't going anywhere so his signing wasn't magical. MWP had to be amnestied something we had no clue if it was going to happen not magical

Beno okay, decent signing but several other team got point guards of equal to higher caliber for similar dollars.

Magical would have been getting someone like

Livingston/Mullens/Daye to sign here for vet min deals while still signing Pablo/K-Mart/Artest

Felton/Livingston/Pablo
Smith/Shumpert/Hardaway
Melo/MWP/Daye
Bargnani/Amar'e/K-Mart/Leslie
Tyson/Mullens

Trade Felton and Leslie for Andre Miller(A.K.A. Richard Pryor) and 2nd round picks(2014) in some type of 3-team deal to dump Felton's 2015 salary.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Teams shaping up nicely. We're deep at the guard position.

Look at the Knicks rocking some Euro flav

For the restrictions we had this summer I think Mgmt did a good job with the re-signings as well as the vet min. signings. Bravo front office. Now if we can only make sure the Andreas B trade is not a bust! :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
This is a great signing. I don't see Beno beating out Felton but the battle between him and Pablo should be interesting for that first PG off the bench.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I'm just thinking of all the possessions where Pablo would have a wide-open layup staring him in the face but rather pass it out for a tougher shot. Beno is more of a balanced threat and yeah we go small a lot during the regular season but come this postseason we won't be playing as small as we did last year, barring we stay healthy.

All I'm saying is if Beno really plays well then we may see a lot less of Pablo rather then more double PGs running around.

Last edited:
I'm just thinking of all the possessions where Pablo would have a wide-open layup staring him in the face but rather pass it out for a tougher shot. Beno is more of a balanced threat and yeah we go small a lot during the regular season but come this postseason we won't be playing as small as we did last year, barring we stay healthy.

All I'm saying is if Beno really plays well then we may see a lot less of Pablo rather then more double PGs running around.

its very simple, we lost Jason kidd, we needed to replace him to go small like woody likes to do against faster teams, now we have priggy smalls with a year experience and already very savvy and smart filling kidds shoes, and beno stepping into priggy smalls shoes from last year backing up both felton and kidd, and we all saw how things fell apart when kidd had to start and felton went down around mid season, we had that awful spurt of like 9-11 as our record, this insures us that if either prigs or felt goes down we have a serviceable pg to throw into the mix. I love this signing, we haven't lost anything from last year, and literally gained a solid rookie 2 guard, a full season of shump, and a crapshoot high reward low risk in andrea bargs based on the fact we gave up nothing to get him. overall we have improved significantly with regards to younger, deeper, faster, experienced, and hungry all in one summer. and if andrea bargs does what he is supposed to do he is our ex factor against the pacers this year , because him at center with hibbert at center, he essentially takes hibbert out of the game because there is no way hes guarding him on the perimeter, leaving the paint widdddde open for swish, shump, felton, melo, amare, beno, etc etc etc to penetrate and post up all day long baby. I love what the knicks have done, they refined an already 54-28 team with everything we were missing, and as far as shot blocking goes, we didn't lose in the playoffs because we couldn't block a shot, we lost in the playoffs because we couldn't make one. lol and when we couldn't make a shot, they clogged the lane on melo and took away our strengths, not this year.

metrocard

Legend
Udrih_Beno_mil_120604.jpg
Beno Udrih will sign a one-year deal with the New York Knicks, according to a source.
The contract will be worth the veteran's minimum.
The Knicks had made Udrih their top point-guard target to sign.
Udrih played for the Orlando Magic and Milwaukee Bucks last season.

Via Al Iannazzone/Newsday

tiger0330

Legend
Pablo had an outstanding season for the Knicks last year but Beno is better. He may be better than Felton.

I hope Woody has an open mind about the 3 and just plays his best team even if it means benching Felton for Beno or Prigs for Beno.

bigapple

Starter
Beno will not overdribbling this is key factor and can shoot IYF as only Knicks player in roster. He started in Spurs so very good beginning.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Pablo had an outstanding season for the Knicks last year but Beno is better. He may be better than Felton.

I hope Woody has an open mind about the 3 and just plays his best team even if it means benching Felton for Beno or Prigs for Beno.

Agree 100%

We really got a good player in Beno and I think people are disrespecting him in automatically slotting him as Pablo's back up. This dude can really ball and thats why I say he can sneak into some heavy minutes if Pablo doesn't start being more aggressive and if Felton ever goes into a lull. He's a pass first PG like Pablo but fall off him and he'll hit the shot... plus he loves the pick and roll which a lot of our players strive from.

My one knock against Felton is that he would sometimes wait too long before getting involved or even if he had it going still defer to JR or Melo too much instead of take charge himself. This move should if anything push Felton to bring it more this year.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Holy s*** I just saw this signing. Beno was and is the best option, great sign. This might be the smartest sign this season. I was nervous with all the rumors of signing other guards who should have not even be considered as a backup pg. The off season will be interesting in the PG position, Felton or Udrih. In my opinion Felton will win the job, but like I said before I believe the roster will be tested with mixing it up.

I believe Udrih should start just to level up the game from beginning to end. What I mean by that is Melo will be Melo hogging the ball, so does it matter who starts at pg. So with Udrih starting, he will feel comfortable, he is a better shooter, and will have open looks with Melo on the floor. Felton had great chemistry with Amare before Melo and before his injury. So with Amare most likely coming off the bench why not also have Felton come out with him.