i want you to watch this video and curse the names of those who screwed us over

ANU

Starter
at a chance at getting a superstar.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxhZiBy7ZSY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxhZiBy7ZSY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tylerdurdin

Rookie
This is the kind of excitement we should be seeing in the garden all the time. No worries, we will be getting some good talent, and I'm not talking about any of those bums from the bulls either.

clumsy

Rotation player
do all the young generations college players bite Iversons style? I don't mean Iverson's game but the arm wrap. I try not to follow college ball except highlights until March Madness, mainly because i feel it is an inferior product compared to the NBA (yes i know it is more team oriented, but skill level is much lower).

LMAO was Jamal Crawford trying to start a trend with the shoulder bandage he used to rock. Until he realized he wasn't a good enough player for people to be copying him.

Sorry i can't get mad at a player we have no shot at getting until he is 35 and broken down. I'm more mad about Jennings and Lopez

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
@ clumsy, allen iverson was probably the most influential nba player in terms of style since jordan.

tylerdurdin

Rookie
You cannot possibly believe that college hoops are inferior to the nba. If you do I have to believe that it is because you dont watch college ball. It kills me to say it but I would bet my house and all my vehicles that the Kansas J hawks would put a ass whipping on the Knicks the Nets the Bulls and a few other so called "PRO" teams. I'll go as far to say at this point that tha ncaa top 10 will probally give alot of nba teams at least a run for their money. Truthfully this kills me to say but the nba is not what it used to be.

tylerdurdin

Rookie
@SD21, Your right but the Wall is a badass. This is a player that we could build a team around. He aint no Jordan or Kobe yet, but I'd love to see him take any spot on the Knicks.

ANU

Starter
@OP, you got a mad John Wall fetish....

No need to offend you, but it seems like every post you make is about him.
i get a bball man crush every year.last year it as rubio.this year is wall.that's what happens when you love basketball and your favorite team blows.you look for a savior.can you blame me?

whateverrrrr, this is like rubio last year, all this hoopla around a guy we have noe 100 percent certainty in terms of NBA ability. Why are we even posting threads like this; we have much bigger fish to fry than John wall, he will end up in minnesota fighting with flyn and rubio for PT next year haha.

ANU

Starter
whateverrrrr, this is like rubio last year, all this hoopla around a guy we have noe 100 percent certainty in terms of NBA ability. Why are we even posting threads like this; we have much bigger fish to fry than John wall, he will end up in minnesota fighting with flyn and rubio for PT next year haha.
its simple.you don't like the thread? don't post in it.i don't understand what's so hard about that.

i thought the whole point of a forum was to voice your opinion; in either agreement or disagreement as per a particular subject, i.e thread.

I apologize for voicing my opinion anu.

yet again why are we talking about john wall again ?

doesnt he play for kentucky.

moving forward.

ANU

Starter
its one thing to voice an opinion, its another to act like a ****ing mall cop on KO.are you a mod? so what's it to you?again,its very simple, get the **** outta the thread if you don't like it.smh at this dude.

haha over react much. mall cop ? Mod ?
All I said was why are we talking about John wall lol.
Settle down. U could have just responded by talking about basketball, which is what I was trying to stimulate in the first place, good debate over why we should or should not be discussing john wall right now.
You took it to the other level not me.
Now
Back to basketball..any one ?

ANU

Starter
LeBron James building ties with Kentucky's John Wall: NBA Insider

LeBron James building ties with Kentucky's John Wall: NBA Insider

By Brian Windhorst

December 13, 2009, 2:01AM

At the mere mention of John Wall's name, LeBron James' eyes soften as he tries to swallow a knowing smile.
"Yeah, I have a relationship with him," James said. "A really good relationship. With not only John, but his family. We talk all the time."

For the past eight years or so, James' cell phone contact list doubles as a who's who in international basketball. Say what you will, but there are simply only a few people surrounding the game who can get Michael Jordan, Dwyane Wade, Nike founder Phil Knight, USA Basketball Chairman Jerry Colangelo, Warren Buffett, Carmelo Anthony, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, or famous behind scenes operator William "Wes" Wesley on the phone within a few minutes.

You can now put Wall's name in there. The 19-year-old is, as they say, "next." A seemingly can't-miss budding superstar at the University of Kentucky. He is certainly on track to be the No. 1 overall draft pick next June. And with apologies to Blake Griffin, had the NBA's age rule not been in effect, most around the NBA believe Wall would have been the top pick last June.

If he wasn't already there, the 6-4 ultra-quick point guard hit national consciousness last week, announcing his arrival with a 25-point, six-steal performance as Kentucky went on the road to beat Connecticut.

James met Wall a couple of years ago at the LeBron James Skills Academy in Akron, which is a star showcase that Nike runs at University of Akron every July. Not only is it a prime recruiting ground for the nation's top collegiate programs, but it's a golden meet-and-greet for James, who has been developing personal relationships with stars in the making by the gross.
It includes current top college players who serve as counselors and also get to know and even play with James. Stephen Curry, who also was an "it" college guard, had a chance mingle and play with James at the camp.
Last year, James got plenty of attention for getting dunked on during a pick-up game there. But getting shown up every now and then is probably worth it for the chance to get to personally know a bunch of young stars. Especially if you also own and operate a marketing company that seeks to sign new rookies when they turn pro, as James does.
James also recruits incoming rookies for his agent, Leon Rose. Last spring, his pitch helped Syracuse star Jonny Flynn sign with Rose. When the time is proper, it is a fair guess that James makes the same type of call to Wall, though there are probably several agents working more complicated behind-the-scenes angles for a chance at Wall as well.
"[Wall] came to my All-American camps so I got an opportunity to watch him a lot," said James, accidentally referring to the top Nike camp by its old name, which is what it was called when he was in high school and held in Indianapolis. When James was attending, it held a bit of a seedy reputation as a hunting ground for agents, leading Nike to change its location and operation.
"He was the No. 1 player as a junior and a senior. You could see back then that he was very good."
There's another high-profile name in James' cell phone. It's John Calipari, the new and already successful coach at Kentucky. James and Calipari have grown close over the last five years, a relationship that gained strength through intermediary friend Wesley.
In 2005, the Cavs talked unofficially to Calipari about their head coaching vacancy. A big reason was Wesley, who was unofficially consulting with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert at the time.
In July, shortly after the camp in Akron, James flew to Lexington, Ky., and let Calipari show him the facilities. James joked about the meeting, calling it his "recruiting visit." Shortly thereafter, Calipari hired Brandon Weems to be a graduate assistant. Weems is one of James' closest friends and a former high school teammate, who James calls a "little brother."
James has been closely associated with the Ohio State basketball program for the past three years. During Greg Oden and Mike Conley's year there, the Buckeyes started wearing James' personalized Nike gear. That's a distinction held by one other school right now: St. Vincent-St. Mary.
In October, before a preseason game at Value City Arena, Ohio State coach Thad Matta and his entire team honored James at center court with an honorary jersey because of the support he's given the program. But James, who now occasionally wears Kentucky gear, is showing a growing affinity for the Wildcats.
While James always pulled for Calipari when he was at Memphis, it seems they are closer now than ever. After doing a strong job developing Derrick Rose, the No. 1 pick in 2008, and Tyreke Evans, picked No. 4 this year, Calipari is probably going to keep attracting great young stars while at a legacy school. Stars that will likely pass through Akron and get to know James along the way.
"Coach Cal is family; it's a big family that we have and we're going to stick with each other," James said. "Where ever Cal is, for the most part, I'm going to try to show my support to him. He's a great coach and a great friend. It's good that we can have that kind of relationship."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/12/lebron_james_building_ties_wit.html

:rolling:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
sadly derrick rose looks like a steve francis reincarnation, i think he'll be fine once they get Vinny "i dont know how to coach" Del Negro outta there. and tyreke evans is a balla. i didnt believe bfore but i sure as hell believe in him now. once he gets a decent jump shot, he nd kevin martin will make sacramento a prime time team again. now when i hear that the coach of those two outstanding pg's says hes coaching someone even better, that definetaly got me curious. john wall is for real. john wall will be better than derrick rose. john wall will be better than tyreke evans. so yea im pissed at isiah,for trading our draft pick. but theres nothing we can do now, john wall will not be a part of the knicks, all we can do if move on (and hope ricky rubio comes to ny :D )