Game 2: Knicks @ Celtics 4/19

Is this game a must win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
So, right after the game my wife comes in from hanging w a girlfriend and asks me to take out the garbage AND take the dog out..

Talk about shitty timing smh :boohoo:.

knicksin60

Starter
I live in England, I've never been to a Knicks game and I only really get to watch them in the playoffs or the odd game when I'm not in work. I seem to have more of an emotional connection with the team than you. For that much I pity you.

I've been a fan of the Knicks for almost twenty years.Was emotionally connected to them until recently.I recently realized that if you allow yourself to be controlled by something it could destroy your emotional health, especially if you have high expectations for that thing.That's why I don't get too caught up in believing that some how the Knicks are going to beat the Celtics and determine my happiness in life.There are other things in this world that are more important than a basketball game.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
So, right after the game my wife comes in from hanging w a girlfriend and asks me to take out the garbage AND take the dog out..

Talk about shitty timing smh :boohoo:.

I groaned a bit and did what she asked of course... I'm hurt, not stupid.:gony:

WrongIslander

Rotation player
This is why Phil Jackson is a good coach... He wont let you take Kobe or Jordan away from him. He finds a way to design a play when his team needs it most.

Shelden Williams is ten times the offensive player than Jeffries. Shawne Williams better than Walker. Anthony Carter smarter than Douglas. Find a way to get Carmelo a look. Dude is having a career night and you use him as a decoy?

What options does Carmelo have when he gets the ball at half court with three men charging him?

Then, how do we know foul right away?

Team has a low IQ b/c the coach only knows 1 thing: run and shoot 3s.

What was wrong with the play? Nothing. JJ could have taken the shot or he could have executed on the pass, if he does we take the lead and more than likely win the game.

MDA did nothing wrong. You can second guess all day but that's the beauty of hindsight.

MDA has say 5 options. No matter which one he picks if the ball doesn't end up in the net you're all going to want one of the other four. Do you really think you are all so revolutionary that if you're not all agreeing on the same option it's not the most obvious and therefore easiest to read. Then you're crying he's too predictable.

Rewind to when we imbound to JJ and he off the dribble takes it to the hoop, none of you expect that but it works and thus no one is here moaning about it despite the fact not one of you would have drawn up that play.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I've been a fan of the Knicks for almost twenty years.Was emotionally connected to them until recently.I recently realized that if you allow yourself to be controlled by something it could destroy your emotional health, especially if you have high expectations for that thing.That's why I don't get too caught up in believing that some how the Knicks are going to beat the Celtics and determine my happiness in life.There are other things in this world that are more important than a basketball game.

If everyone bought into that kop out there would be no sport.

I'd rather die than never truly live. You cut passion out of your life in any walk of life and you're not living.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
What are they doing giving the ball to the team's worst offensive player in the first place. Just coz he scored one clutch shot in the previous play doesn't mean he could keep replicating that. Throughout 48 minutes of play, had our so called shooting guards demonstrated one tenth of the determination that Jeffries did on defence, the game would be won for the Knicks, regardless of whether Stoudamire and Billups were on the court. Fields, Walker, and Douglas made Rondo and Allen look like young Michael Jordan's. I'm not even going to go into detail regarding their non existent offensive contribution. That to me was far more tragic than Jeffrie's turnover.

You're right about everything you said, but if Jarred Jeffries makes a single basketball move, we're playing with the lead at that point and all of your points are keys to winning our next game, which they still are, but you know what's not a detailed and discussed key to victory? "Ok, when you're a 6'11'' professional NBA player under the rim....make sure you lay it up" You know why that's not a discussed detail in the gameplan? Because that's what you do when you're open and under the god damn rim.

You're asking me why they gave the ball to the team's worst offensive player when he's under the rim and wide open....because he was under the rim and wide open? I've seen Chuck Hayes hit that shot and Chuck Hayes is allergic to offense. There's no excuse for that. It directly led to us not having the lead with 4 ticks on the clock. DIRECTLY LED TO IT. As in Jeffries gets the ball under the rim, Jeffries passes up an open layup, we have an empty possession, and now we have to foul to stop the clock. Even with all of the faults of other players that you listed...we still have the lead with less than one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi, four Mississippi on the clock if JJ lays it up. And that's not tragic? You need a dictionary bro.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I've been a fan of the Knicks for almost twenty years.Was emotionally connected to them until recently.I recently realized that if you allow yourself to be controlled by something it could destroy your emotional health, especially if you have high expectations for that thing.That's why I don't get to caught up with believing that some how the Knicks are going to beat the Celtics and determine my happiness in life.There are other things in this world that are more important than a basketball game.

Yes but when they do win.., oh my what a feeling.

When you ride the downs, full experiencing them emotionally, the ups are that much sweeter.

You know you're a little hurt??

knicksin60

Starter
Yes, I am upset that we lost the game. You're an apathetic dbag obviously here to be incendiary. My emotion as afan on a site about said team is more than appropriate. Your snide baiting and bullshit is sadly not. You are a dbag and that much is clear. :thumbsup:

You could call me all the names in the book, can insult my intelligence, can hate me until you're blue in the face but at the end of the day I am happy with my life and glad to know that I am no emotional prisoner to something so trivial like a basketball team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You're right about everything you said, but if Jarred Jeffries makes a single basketball move, we're playing with the lead at that point and all of your points are keys to winning our next game, which they still are, but you know what's not a detailed and discussed key to victory? "Ok, when you're a 6'11'' professional NBA player under the rim....make sure you lay it up" You know why that's not a discussed detail in the gameplan? Because that's what you do when you're open and under the god damn rim.

You're asking me why they gave the ball to the team's worst offensive player when he's under the rim and wide open....because he was under the rim and wide open? I've seen Chuck Hayes hit that shot and Chuck Hayes is allergic to offense. There's no excuse for that. It directly led to us not having the lead with 4 ticks on the clock. DIRECTLY LED TO IT. As in Jeffries gets the ball under the rim, Jeffries passes up an open layup, we have an empty possession, and now we have to foul to stop the clock. Even with all of the faults of other players that you listed...we still have the lead with less than one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi, four Mississippi on the clock if JJ lays it up. And that's not tragic? You need a dictionary bro.

I'm inclined to agree w all of this post.

WrongIslander

Rotation player

Amen. How he can't just take it upon himself is ridiculous. I doubt MDA is saying "when you get open give it to KG, that should really lull them into a false sense of security".

MDA does his job he gets the shot, at worst he gets us one pass from the lead if JJ fakes first, or he draws a foul. Anything! Anything but defers responsibility confirming why most people don't want him here in the first place. This after he just answered his critics by making a much tougher play!

WrongIslander

Rotation player
You could call me all the names in the book, can insult my intelligence, can hate me until you're blue in the face but at the end of the day I am happy with my life and glad to know that I am no emotional prisoner to something so trivial like a basketball team.

Prisoner to emotion? When you start choosing your emotions, you're a prisoner to a lie.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

One can be be both passionate about the Knicks and happy with their life. I am a prime example. I know you think this line of attack is somehow cutting to the bone but I am proud of my passion and live my life that way and you are some troll baiting people while pretending to be enlightened. This is not the first time or thread and you have a pattern of passive aggression and idiotic statements.

I will take passion about the Knicks 10 times out of 10 over calmly, rationally and clear headed posting of illogical statements like we should trade our core for Bostons. :thumbsup:

knicksin60

Starter
If everyone bought into that kop out there would be no sport.

I'd rather die than never truly live. You cut passion out of your life in any walk of life and you're not living.

You could be passionate about the Knicks but not allow them to get you so emotionally dreary that it affects your everyday life.When you really look at it, they are just a group of men in basketball uniforms performing the profession that they love.It's foolish for a person to be in a state of emotional distress because a group of professional basketball players didn't come through as he wanted them to in their profession.Do you begin to consume alcohol or break things in your house when you find out that a doctor performed a malpractice or a lawyer lost a case?

TakMan

Rotation player

You've still judged a player's performance on one play. This wasn't Anthony, Stoudamire, or Billups taking the last shot of the game. It was Jared Jeffries. By the time this guy realises where on the court he is, Garnett is guarding him and that's that. Your short sightedness doesn't allow you to see past this play, and look at the greater picture which is Jeffries and Turiaf being our two best defensive players throughout this series. Based on their effort alone I will forgive one turnover, albeit during a crucial play. What I will not forgive is no effort, commitment, and passion which is what our three shooting guards demonstrated today. Did you want me to mention how many lay-ups and open threes Douglas missed; Or how many airballs Fields and Walker had? These are shooting guards right? Yet you place most of the blame on a player who was never expected to take on regular offensive plays in the first place, let alone clutch ones. Again I will look for culprits over 48 minutes of play. Jeffries is not one of them.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
You could be passionate about the Knicks but not allow them to get you so emotionally dreary that it affects your everyday life.When you really look at it, they are just a group of men in basketball uniforms performing the profession that they love.It's foolish for a person to be in a state of emotional distress because a group of professional basketball players didn't come through as he wanted them to in their profession.Do you begin to consume alcohol or break things in your house when you find out that a doctor performed a malpractice or a lawyer lost a case?

Such an oversimplistic view could be applied to everything in life.

What's congress? Bunch of old men getting caught with hookers and ****ing up "my" life. Why should I care?

What's love? An insipid human chemical reaction leading to less money usually as well as increased headaches.

What's happiness? It's merely a temporary delay of misery which is inevitable at some point.

Cheer the **** up misery guts.

knicksin60

Starter
One can be be both passionate about the Knicks and happy with their life. I am a prime example. I know you think this line of attack is somehow cutting to the bone but I am proud of my passion and live my life that way and you are some troll baiting people while pretending to be enlightened. This is not the first time or thread and you have a pattern of passive aggression and idiotic statements.

I will take passion about the Knicks 10 times out of 10 over calmly, rationally and clear headed posting of illogical statements like we should trade our core for Bostons. :thumbsup:

You obviously don't seem happy with your life when you are acting vulgar towards people who were minding their business and you definitely don't seem like a passionate person who is at peace with themselves when you're bringing up personal things about your life on a basketball forum.

You know nothing about my personal life to label me as a troll or a person who is pretending to be enlightened.I am a person who enjoys irony and dry humor.Just because you were having a bad couple of hours doesn't give you any right to start trouble that you could have easily avoided.If you know that my behavior on this forum is going to exasperate you to act in a way in which your feelings get the best of you then ignore me or seek anger management immediately.

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
great game but the last offensive possession was questionable,why give melo the ball with his back facing the basket so that the double can come,thus catching him off guard and in panic mode when you could give him the ball at the middle of the court and take our chances their with a shot off the dribble?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
great game but the last offensive possession was questionable,why give melo the ball with his back facing the basket so that the double can come,thus catching him off guard and in panic mode when you could give him the ball at the middle of the court and take our chances their with a shot off the dribble?

Because he had drawn up his play, it worked, the double team was enticed and we got a clear lay up opportunity that JJ bottled.