NBA Drops Bird Rights Appeal!

Wargames

Starter
Jason Kidd, Andre Miller, Raymond Felton and Jameer Nelson will all probably command more than $3M. Well maybe not Felton. I can see us getting Felton back and that's about it.

Raymond Felton would be lucky to get a 3 Million dollar offer now. He had some buzz before he had that one really good Half season playing in the D'antoni system in NY. He then went to the Nuggets who rather have Ty Lawson start and Andre Miller as a backup than him. In Portland he then came in out of shape and became (arguably undeserved) their teams whipping boy for the fans and the media.

If Felton was smart he would get in some shape and then come to NY for a one year vet minimum to back up Lin and use all the minutes he can to show he deserves a better contract in the 2013-2014 season from a team looking for a solid PG. He could maybe get that mojo back with Amare and the fact that he can play like a gunner when he gets in the mode would be great since it would mean another weapon on mobb deep.

OJ Mayo/Raymond Felton should be the goal this offseason. Move TD and offer mayo the full MLE and then promise Felton regular minutes to do his thing as a back up to Lin and maybe offer him a 1 year player option.

mafra

Legend
I think OJ Mayo should be our top priority. Looking at players we have a realistic chance obtaining, and measuring the value... This is the perfect player to hand the MLE over to. I believe he wants to play in NY (said as much to Walsh during draft process).

I would love Mayo & Hinrich... But that probably wont happen.

So take a chance on a guy like Jonny Flynn.

Both Flynn & Mayo are entering their prime years... Their best basketball is ahead of them. Knicks need to inject talent in the backcourt.

tiger0330

Legend
Jason Kidd, Andre Miller, Raymond Felton and Jameer Nelson will all probably command more than $3M. Well maybe not Felton. I can see us getting Felton back and that's about it.
The Knicks can spend the full MLE but that puts them above the apron with a hard cap meaning you can't sign anyone not even with vet min contracts. And you would be hurting if one or two guys went down and you couldn't sign anyone.

JKidd I think can be had for 3M which is plenty for a guy that says he can't play 35 mins anymore.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks can spend the full MLE but that puts them above the apron with a hard cap meaning you can't sign anyone not even with vet min contracts. And you would be hurting if one or two guys went down and you couldn't sign anyone.

JKidd I think can be had for 3M which is plenty for a guy that says he can't play 35 mins anymore.

This is why I suspect the best course of action is to give the full MLE to OJ Mayo. That may not be enough to get him, but it's within the ballpark, and if he truly wants to play in NY... then it might be enough.

After that, we give the vet min. to KIDD.

LIN, Kidd, Mayo, Shump is exactly the type of back court our BIG-3 need to compete.

Wargames

Starter

It is looking more and more likely Kidd will go and back up Deron for the Nets so he can retire as a Net. Also Like I said I hope the knicks can pull off some sort of cap clearing deal like they did for Tyson where they pay someone to take an annoying low contract for cap space.

I can see them making a run at Mayo if they can offer him the full MLE. A Shooting guard rotation in the future of Lin, Shump, JR, and Mayo should give the knicks options going forward. Then all they need is to try to find a decent backup who could if necessary start for a few games.