Game 7: Knicks vs Spurs 11/11 @ 8:30pm ET

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
keep preachin abcd, Duhon cant lead a D-League team to the playoffs, he gets alot of turnovers/near turnovers sloppy passes, dont let those assit averages fool you guy they were blown up by 2 games.were going back to the lottery.

Even Espn analyst on NBA Coast to Coast belive Marbury should be playing. I can't for the life of me figure why Dantoni wont play him! **** MAN!

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
What happened out there? I thought Marbury was a cancer. I thought the Knicks were headed in the right direction with Chris Duhon.

so you the think the sole reason we lost was because of Duhon?

Open you're eyes.. what about the shooting, shit defence, duncan

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
so you the think the sole reason we lost was because of Duhon?

Open you're eyes.. what about the shooting, shit defence, duncan
My eyes are open. Open yours. The Knicks had 9 total points from Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson combined(starters). Marbury could have score more than that by himself.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
My eyes are open. Open yours. The Knicks had 9 total points from Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson combined(starters). Marbury could have score more than that by himself.

I'd prefer my bigs to score. Duhon got 7 assists - I'd take that over 9 points. QRich, Chandler all didn't score enough.

Duhon only got 2 turnovers, and we were only -2 when he was on, compared to -15 for Qrich, n -13 for Zbo.

So the same question, would you blame this loss on Duhon, like you did above?

TunerAddict

Starter
I'd prefer my bigs to score. Duhon got 7 assists - I'd take that over 9 points. QRich, Chandler all didn't score enough.

Duhon only got 2 turnovers, and we were only -2 when he was on, compared to -15 for Qrich, n -13 for Zbo.

Obviously they would...They also seem to think this one loss will destroy our team...

smh @ the starbury crowd

Atleast I don't have to read their crap like you guys do...I just ignored them all ^.^:teeth:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Yes, I blame Duhon for the loss. He only scored 6 points. Nash averaged 18 points, on each of his SUCCESSFUL NBA seasons with the Suns.

All of D'Antoni's SUCCESSFUL Phoenix Suns teams have had at least 16 points per game from their starting point guard, Steve Nash.

Chris Duhon handicaps the Knicks, when he doesn't score. So does Quentin Richardson. The Knicks only lost by 10. Had Duhon and Richardson each scored 10 points, they might have won.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I thought I was missing out not seeing the game tonight, but I guess not. The Spurs on the road is still a tough game with no Parker/Ginobille because that's Duncan's team. All the rest are the supporting cast. That's why I still believe you need a man in the middle to win an NBA Championship unless you have Micheal and Scotty. I guess the old bad boy Pistons didn't have a dominant center, but they had a bunch of bigs like Lambeer and Mahorn to knock the snot out of you.

As for the Marbury thing, I can't believe a player on the INACTIVE list gets so much talk here. So I guess every game we win this season is because the other team sucks and every game we lose we would have won with Steph. I mean that's great to have your cake and eat it too. Right or wrong the Marbury era in NY is over. When D'antoni was brought in any realist knew this. I can't see any senario where Steph plays another game in a Knick uniform. SO GET OVER IT. This is going to be another long season crying about how great Steph is why he isn't playing. See the above posts of why he isn't. I mean how about discussing guys that actually get playing time??? Not every poster gets to see every game so the site is a great fill-in, but not if every thread is about Steph. Enough is enough. You always root for you current and past players, but when their time is up, you let them go and find new guys on your team to root for. The current roster has plenty. We have a diminutive back-up point guard who just happens to be a Slam-Dunk champion, a budding All-Star in Jamal, a comeback player in Q, D-Lee, Z-BO whoever just pick a couple. This site is seriously like the basketball bizarro world when it comes to Steph.....

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Yes, I blame Duhon for the loss. He only scored 6 points. Nash averaged 18 points, on each of his SUCCESSFUL NBA seasons with the Suns.

All of D'Antoni's SUCCESSFUL Phoenix Suns teams have had at least 16 points per game from their starting point guard, Steve Nash.

Chris Duhon handicaps the Knicks, when he doesn't score. So does Quentin Richardson. The Knicks only lost by 10. Had Duhon and Richardson each scored 10 points, they might have won.

but were not pheonix.

We don't have arguably the best young big (stouds) in the game to through it too, or one of the best defenders (marion), or even one of the best three point shooters (bell, barbosa)

Its not all about points, and this has been a huge problem in the past.

We thought Curry was God for a season because he got 20 points but he didn't do anything else. Theres a bigger picture.

With Duhon on the court we were only -2, I love this statistic as it shows the impact, and clarifies my point that there is more than scoring

anyone who supports duhon

save your breathe

i pointed out the strickland/jackson/anthony/childs/ward comparison to duhon in a past post and it went ignored

they all avg'd about 10ppg being generous per year..its about the supporting cast doing their job.

duhon is historically on point to be a great nyk's point guard...but he still has time to grow,and he's in the perfect position to do that.

chandler and nate rob took the night off...crawford didnt look for his shots all the time,and randolph seemed very sluggish..its all about the bounce-back

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
but were not pheonix.

We don't have arguably the best young big (stouds) in the game to through it too, or one of the best defenders (marion), or even one of the best three point shooters (bell, barbosa)

Its not all about points, and this has been a huge problem in the past.

We thought Curry was God for a season because he got 20 points but he didn't do anything else. Theres a bigger picture.

With Duhon on the court we were only -2, I love this statistic as it shows the impact, and clarifies my point that there is more than scoring
I never thought Curry was God. I was one of the few people on here that knew he sucked, even when he averaged 19 points.

D'Antoni's system does not make an emphasis on defense, so we need offense from Duhon and Richardson.

Ya'll are nuts. Duhon is killin us because he is offensively inept. It is 5 on 4 when he is out there because unless he gets a return pass for a wide open shot, he does not look for his offense. So when the other guys like ZBO, Chandler, Nate are off, it get magnified because Duhon is not helping the cause.

His handle is 10th grade level, and it should be way better for an NBA pg. He has no first step, or jumping ability, or pull up Jump shot ability. And he is slow.

No one is saying Duhon is the ONLY problem, that is far from true. But he is not part of the solution. Or at least I hope not, cuz then there will be no solution. Seriously, he sucks.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
I never thought Curry was God. I was one of the few people on here that knew he sucked, even when he averaged 19 points.

D'Antoni's system does not make an emphasis on defense, so we need offense from Duhon and Richardson.

As was I, but it fooled many people.

You're right it does place an emphasis on offence but yet, he had nash, marion and bell who are good defenders. I'm not arguing about Richardson as a starting small forward he needs to be scoring 15+, but the point guard doesn't necessarily need to score over 12 points if he's dishing the rock in an adequate way, which duhon is. Duhons doesn't turn the ball over, and his defence isn't that bad.

He has nothing on marbury talent wise, but yet is currently a better fit for this team, as we have seen in the last five years, that marbury can't win with the players we currently have.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Ya'll are nuts. Duhon is killin us because he is offensively inept. It is 5 on 4 when he is out there because.

His handle is 10th grade level, and it should be way better for an NBA pg. He has no first step, or jumping ability, or pull up Jump shot ability. And he is slow.

No its not. Do you watch basketball games, the other point guard will not leave any point guards, thus it is always 5-5.

What you should have said is that players like iverson, marbury, n parker drive to the whole, freeing up men, which duhon doesn't do enough.

His handle isn't bad either, he would be ranked near the lowest for assist to turnover ratio. is there a better statistic to judge handle than that?

Toons

is the Bo$$
So I guess every game we win this season is because the other team sucks and every game we lose we would have won with Steph.
this is the story of the life of a starburian

Why is everyone talking about duhon?? he;s not here permanently. he's gonna be gone by 2010. If dantoni thought duhon was a part of the future he would have said so. Duhons contract alone should assure knick fans that C.D. is NOT our starting pg. Coach D is trying to feel this team out this year. He never promised us wins, he said "we will be exciting to watch", which isnt far from the truth. how can we blame the game on duhon when only zbo lee, n crawford were in double figures? q played 22 mins and was 1 for 3. How is cd's handle questioned? and he rarely turns the ball over? dosent add up to me. He is a facilitator....the definition of a PASS FIRST pg....what we were looking for. Duhon was the "best person AVAILABLE at the time" - Coach.

Last edited: