Let's discuss available coaches

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Who's out there? One is Larry Brown.

I don't know much about coaching so I'm not blaming D'Antoni, but for all I know it could be him.

Who's out there? One is Larry Brown.

I don't know much about coaching so I'm not blaming D'Antoni, but for all I know it could be him.

BILL LAIMBEER. He needs to get a shot. The Knicks once overlooked Phil Jackson because he had never coached in the NBA. Lets not make the same mistake twice...

If Byron gets fired by that idiot Dan Gilbert we should pick him up immediately..

I also think Mark Jackson would be a coach who emphasizes defense and is well prepared.

la2ny

Starter
I like Mike Brown.

Look at what he did with the Cavs lol, granted with LeBron. They became one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
I like Mike Brown.

Look at what he did with the Cavs lol, granted with LeBron. They became one of the best defensive teams in the league.

He might be good defensively but all I saw was LeBron coached that team.. Like do you look at their huddles when their games were on ESPN. Nobody listened to Mike Brown. LeBron would be telling the players what they need to do while Mike Brown was talking.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'd totally be down with Byron Scott...

I'd also have no opposition to Mark Jackson, or Patrick Ewing, or...frankly anybody who can coach defense a bit better.

Hell I really just want D'Antoni to pick up a defensive assistant is all.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
I'd totally be down with Byron Scott...

I'd also have no opposition to Mark Jackson, or Patrick Ewing, or...frankly anybody who can coach defense a bit better.

Hell I really just want D'Antoni to pick up a defensive assistant is all.

I think if we bring in Patrick Ewing he could help us a lot. He might be able to help develop Moz and show Amare some defensive schemes. How to defend players without committing so many fouls, etc.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Pretty sure big Herb has a damn good record as our HC in his interim stints. I think he knows what is needed now, has been around in some capacity for some 16 years, and knows the pulse of the city and won't be overwhelmed. I think if Herb gets the job he brings Pat in as well as his lead assistant.

@SSj - I completely agree with you as well but, that's just not likely in the NBA. If the Pacers don't keep their interim guy, I say we at least take a look at maneuvering him onto our staff somehow this summer. Maybe getting some younger, new blood will reinvigorate the staff. Also any Spurs assistant would be a good candidate.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Pretty sure big Herb has a damn good record as our HC in his interim stints. I think he knows what is needed now, has been around in some capacity for some 16 years, and knows the pulse of the city and won't be overwhelmed. I think if Herb gets the job he brings Pat in as well as his lead assistant.

@SSj - I completely agree with you as well but, that's just not likely in the NBA. If the Pacers don't keep their interim guy, I say we at least take a look at maneuvering him onto our staff somehow this summer. Maybe getting some younger, new blood will reinvigorate the staff. Also any Spurs assistant would be a good candidate.

I've always wanted Herb to be coach but to me it doesn't seem realistic. Not saying he isn't qualified but he has been around for so long that if Dolan wanted him to be a coach it would've happened already

la2ny

Starter
He might be good defensively but all I saw was LeBron coached that team.. Like do you look at their huddles when their games were on ESPN. Nobody listened to Mike Brown. LeBron would be telling the players what they need to do while Mike Brown was talking.
yeah true, but you gotta remember it was either do what Lebron wanted or be fired so he was kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place there. Also we saw what Cleveland is w/o LBJ so thats another reason why almost every play that happened on offense he was involved in.

I cant believe you guys are overlooking Laimbeer. He has a winning track record as a coach. Played for a two time champion. Coaches defense. He'd be the perfect fit...

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
yeah true, but you gotta remember it was either do what Lebron wanted or be fired so he was kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place there. Also we saw what Cleveland is w/o LBJ so thats another reason why almost every play that happened on offense he was involved in.
Yeah i understand but on the other hand how do you expect players to respect you as a coach. I know for a fact if Phil Jackson was in that situation it wouldn't have went down like that or Gregg Popovich as well. I think it's the character of the coach. That is why I wouldn't want Mike Brown here, we need someone that can control this team.

la2ny

Starter
Yeah i understand but on the other hand how do you expect players to respect you as a coach. I know for a fact if Phil Jackson was in that situation it wouldn't have went down like that or Gregg Popovich as well. I think it's the character of the coach. That is why I wouldn't want Mike Brown here, we need someone that can control this team.
Yeah I thought about that I just didn't see anyone of our players having a "Lebron Mentality" when it comes to listening to the coach. Im going by what he did with the defense mostly in my choice of him, but of all the others named Mike Woodson would really stand out to me. He got the Hawks to improve every year since their 1st playoff run in 08.

Larry Brown didn't work the first time, why should it work now?

I'm ok with every defensive minded coach who isn't too old. Should be in his 50s maximum and have some experience. All I want is DEFENSE!

skisloper

Starter
How fun would it be to have Clyde Frazier....

dont worry Isiah will be back and he will appoint his son as head coach.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
I like the Bill Lambeer idea. He needs an NBA shot and this could be good. A true defensive minded hard knocking type (at least that's how I remember him in the Pistons days). As much as I love Herb something must have happened to put a cap on his ceiling as he has never been really considered by the FO to take the job on a perm. basis.