Shawne Williams takes his talents back to the Garden State

knicksin60

Starter
Don't have a link.But I just heard it on ESPN Radio NY.

I guess he really wanted a guarentee contract to play for the most irrelevant franchise in professional sports.

Last edited:

fender0577

Rotation player
At least I don't have to hear the broadcaster say the knicks are getting killed on the boards, and watch williams rip the warms ups off.I mean I know our coach is an idiot, but at least he has 1 less bullet in his stupid gun.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Wait so we might lose out on

JJ Barea to Minnesota
Reggie Williams to Charlotte
Shawne Williams to New Jersey

What is wrong with guys is winning not the most important thing to do in sports

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
Wait so we might lose out on

JJ Barea to Minnesota
Reggie Williams to Charlotte
Shawne Williams to New Jersey

What is wrong with guys is winning not the most important thing to do in sports

Money has always been the most important thing for athletes, especially young guys like those guys. Why do you think the "ring chasers" are always 30+ years old? Because they made their money, now they want to be on a championship contender.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Now that Jamal is not going to sign with the Knicks, Shawne will be re-sign. He is having dinner with Allan Houston tonight. I would imagine that means it is a done deal by tomorrow.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
"Marc Berman: Agent Happy Walters denying radio report Shawne Willliams has agreed to terms with Nets. Undecided.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1ga9e8Eg3"

Paul1355

All Star
Williams might take Nets offer

Marc Berman: Shawne Williams mulling #Knicks offer tonight. Told his ego was bruised with all the Jamal Crawford talk last few days. Twitter

Williams has every right to be pissed at us. He deserves the 2.5 mil per year mini mid level exception and instead we tried to convince Jamal Crawford to sign here for cheap.

We tried something unrealistic and hurt a good role player in the process.

If we lose Williams, then we lose a main part of our 2nd squad. Williams can defend well in the post and hits the open 3 which makes him valuable.

We need guys like Williams on our team. I'd rather have him play the 4 than Jeffries!

I hope we can sign Williams.

finestrg

Rotation player
Marc Berman: Shawne Williams mulling #Knicks offer tonight. Told his ego was bruised with all the Jamal Crawford talk last few days. Twitter

Williams has every right to be pissed at us. He deserves the 2.5 mil per year mini mid level exception and instead we tried to convince Jamal Crawford to sign here for cheap.

We tried something unrealistic and hurt a good role player in the process.

If we lose Williams, then we lose a main part of our 2nd squad. Williams can defend well in the post and hits the open 3 which makes him valuable.

We need guys like Williams on our team. I'd rather have him play the 4 than Jeffries!

I hope we can sign Williams.

Man I can't take it. Out of Jamal, Shawne, Reggie, and Baron Davis (herniated disc - out 8-10 wks), we may not get any of these guys now.

H20 & Shawne had dinner last night -- hopefully H2O can convince Shawne to re-sign here and it wasn't some glorified exit interview. STAT should be working this dude hard on the phone trying to convince him to stay. He really should've been at that friggin' dinner..D'Antoni also...This guy was an important piece from last yr. There's a way to do things and a way not to -- hopefully the Knicks didn't do too much damage with Shawne here. Offer him the 2-yr room exception and let's wrap this up..

I hope Shawne stays but if not, AND I KNOW THEY WON'T GO THIS ROUTE, I'd be prepared to go outside the box with a few guys currently playing overseas --- like I've been saying all along -- Jamelle Horne, Joe Alexander and DeShawn Sims are all viable options to fill this role.

quiggle

Starter
thought playing for the Knicks meant more to him in remembering his brother, see money can even make you forget and betray family

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
thought playing for the Knicks meant more to him in remembering his brother, see money can even make you forget and betray family

What a futile little existence you lead with your fingers tapping away. You pop in, make some asinine, hostile comment and then disappear.

But you never miss your chance!

Lurking around waiting for an opportunity to slander or shit on someone, because someone as morose as you couldn't possibly let them be glad about something. That just wouldn't be fair.

How many boards are you on doing the precise same thing?

You're a cunt.

An internet pest, cunt.

Just **** off and wait to die in a barrel so the world is rid of another haggard waste of negativity.

:ban:

And for any of you who think I'm overly harsh here, just go through his posts.

He's an absolute fruit.

REPEAT

Last edited:

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;190004 said:
What a futile little existence you lead with your fingers tapping away. You pop in, make some asinine, hostile comment and then disappear.

But you never miss your chance!

Lurking around waiting for an opportunity to slander or shit on someone, because someone as morose as you couldn't possibly let them be glad about something. That just wouldn't be fair.

How many boards are you on doing the precise same thing?

You're a cunt.

An internet pest, cunt.

Just **** off and wait to die in a barrel so the world is rid of another haggard waste of negativity.

And for any of you who think I'm overly harsh here, just go through his posts.

He's an absolute fruit.

REPEAT

i was gonna give you shit for a childish personal attack but after reading 10-15 of his most recent posts i feel this is warranted

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

Check the posts he made throughout the free agent bonanza when James went to Miami.

I guarantee you'll see the validity of my hate-spit 10 fold.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Shawne signed with the Nets:

@alanhahn: Shawne Williams decides to take better offer, starting role, with #Nets. Strike Two for #Knicks. Wow. #fb

@alanhahn: Shawne said in April he didn't care about money or years, just wanted to re-sign with #Knicks. But at 25, he can't afford such emotions.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Shawne signed with the Nets:

@alanhahn: Shawne Williams decides to take better offer, starting role, with #Nets. Strike Two for #Knicks. Wow. #fb

@alanhahn: Shawne said in April he didn't care about money or years, just wanted to re-sign with #Knicks. But at 25, he can't afford such emotions.
I don't blame the Knicks so much as him. We gave an offer for what he's worth and after he said it didn't matter you'd think he'd take it.
Good luck watching our success.