LeBron James and Dwyane Wade will torment the Knicks in coming years just as Michael

Red

TYPE-A
I too agree w the Pippen/ Jordan comparison. Wade and Bron are the best at their respective positions AND THEY'RE ON THE SAME TEAM, as were Jordan and Pippen. It's a fair parallel.

We'll need Chris Paul if we want to get past the Heat in a playoff series in the future. I'm really starting to think they'll win it all this year, to my utter shagrin. :barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Spoken like a true D'Antoni pundit.

You go boy!

I guess CP3 will improve our defense and rebounding. Or maybe we can be the first team to avg. 120 points per and still falter?

Smh.

Has not having a quality big taught you anything?

Yeah that's it... we were 2nd in offense and 28th in defense, so let's get CP3 so he can feed a soon to be broken down (in this joke of a system) Amare and get spelled by the players with the cheapest contracts.

That'll do the trick.:thumbsup:

Sold!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Spoken like a true D'Antoni pundit.

You go boy!

I guess CP3 will improve our defense and rebounding. Or maybe we can be the first team to avg. 120 points per and still falter?

Smh.

Has not having a quality big taught you anything?

Yeah that's it... we were 2nd in offense and 28th in defense, so let's get CP3 so he can feed a soon to be broken down (in this joke of a system) Amare and get spelled by the players with the cheapest contracts.

That'll do the trick.:thumbsup:

Sold!

Look at you coming at me sounding all hormonal..

Yes I want CP3..

That has been my stance since I started posting on KO and I haven't heard a better alternative to this plan yet.

Fact is if we got him he'd fill alot of holes on our team ()pause().

Defensively he's still awesome; averages 3-4 steals a game and stays infront of his man w ease.

He would ancor our perimeter D.

He'd also demand that everybody pull there own weight defensively, something neitther Amare nor Melo are capable of doing.

He'd have everybody in lock step.

Also, I don't know how you fail to grasp that a combo of Paul , Melo and Amare is unsolvable for opposing defenses. Offensively we'd be (which I care just as much as what we're able to do defensively) a major problem.

If there's some way to make a deal for Paul happen.. you do it. And that's it.

I know you don't agree. I also know you don't see the logic in my line of thinking. But when and if we get Paul you will fully comprehend.

I doubt you'll admit you're wrong. :thumbsup: It's just a good thing that it's impossible to move the goalpost past a championship.

P.S. : Don't we have the opportunity to draft a big or bigs this offseason?? Jerome Jordan may be able to help us also.

I'm confident we'll find the bigs we need. What's more important *(on this team)*is that we have the PG MDA covets and needs so badly.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Yes I want CP3..

That has been my stance since I started posting on KO and I haven't heard a better alternative to this plan yet.

Defensively he's still awesome; averages 3-4 steals a game and stays infront of his man w ease.

He'd also demand that everybody pull there own weight defensively, something neitther Amare nor Melo are capable of doing.

Also, I don't know how you fail to grasp that a combo of Paul , Melo and Amare is unsolvable for opposing defenses. Offensively we'd be (which I care just as much as what we're able to do defensively) a major problem.

I know you don't agree. I also know you don't see the logic in my line of thinking. But when and if we get Paul you will fully comprehend.

I doubt you'll admit you're wrong. :thumbsup: It's just a good thing that it's impossible to move the goalpost past a championship.

P.S. : Don't we have the opportunity to draft a big or bigs this offseason?? Jerome Jordan may be able to help us also.

I'm confident we'll find the bigs we need. What's more important *(on this team)*is that we have the PG MDA covets and needs so badly.
Which is a bad thing. Also sad. We shouldn't need to spend another max because of him.lol

Yeah, I know, he might be with us for the long haul, but yeah.

Red

TYPE-A

Yes I want CP3..

But D'Antoni won't be here.

And the reason you seem so as you say "hormonal" regarding CP3 is to further the D'Antoni error.

LOL is an understatement.

...after having Melo, Stat
...after squandering chances to acquire a quality big
...after witnessing three stright bottom of the barrell
Defensive rankings
...knowing Mike hasn't coached a team above 15th defensively, with ALL his previous team talent
...knowing we have no depth
...knowing a servicable PG like Felton looked fine

That's your stance? That's your plan? Considering the unknown cba? Hopefully when Mike leaves, you will too.

Which is a bad thing. Also sad. We shouldn't need to spend another max because of him.lol

Yeah, I know, he might be with us for the long haul, but yeah.

I thought it was just me.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
lol @ you sir..

But D'Antoni won't be here.

And the reason you seem so as you say "hormonal" regarding CP3 is to further the D'Antoni error.

LOL is an understatement.

...after having Melo, Stat
...after squandering chances to acquire a quality big
...after witnessing three stright bottom of the barrell
Defensive rankings
...knowing Mike hasn't coached a team above 15th defensively, with ALL his previous team talent
...knowing we have no depth
...knowing a servicable PG like Felton looked fine

That's your stance? That's your plan? Considering the unknown cba? Hopefully when Mike leaves, you will too.

I thought it was just me.

Now you're just being a douche..

Why be an a-hole because we disagree??

Ooooh... I get it you're salty because MDA is back, will probably coach this team to a 50 plus win season AND - if he gets Paul at the deadline - may coach us deep into the playoffs, or even to the finals..

Wouldn't that leave a stain on your closely held, conventional ideology?

And no, I'm here dude and I ain't going anywhere.

You mad?? :cool:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Another thing is, while Paul has defense, if D'Antoni is coaching would that matter?

Remember, the Suns had Nash, Amar'e, and Hill. Hill is a great defender, still is. Paul would have to keep every player from getting in the paint a LOT. The Hornets have a defensive-minded coach and defensive center.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
RunningJ

Obviously if your PG can stay infront of guys keeping them out of the paint it really helps your team.., whether MDA is the coach or not.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
RunningJ

Obviously if your PG can stay infront of guys keeping them out of the paint it really helps your team.., whether MDA is the coach or not.
Yeah, my point is he'd have to work extra hard at it, which might not help. Grant Hill is a very good perimeter defender, but the Suns aren't a good defensive team, despite having other good defensive players as well. Gortat might change the landscape of that team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Yeah, my point is he'd have to work extra hard at it, which might not help. Grant Hill is a very good perimeter defender, but the Suns aren't a good defensive team, despite having other good defensive players as well. Gortat might change the landscape of that team.

Aren't we supposed to be taking on a new defensive assistant? Won't that help the overall halfcourt schemes.. and Paul ultimately ?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Aren't we supposed to be taking on a new defensive assistant? Won't that help the overall halfcourt schemes.. and Paul ultimately ?
Well, hopefully we'd wait to see how that works out before a trade for another max, plus we'd have more chemistry on the offensive end.

Of course, you'd jump at the first chance at Chris Paul, but that's your side of things, so let's exclude that aspect.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Well, hopefully we'd wait to see how that works out before a trade for another max, plus we'd have more chemistry on the offensive end.

Of course, you'd jump at the first chance at Chris Paul, but that's your side of things, so let's exclude that aspect.

Yes, I would. You bring him here if it's possible because it would be counter-intuitive not to.

He makes a team immeasurably better. This is why you don't waste money on some stopgap big if it precludes you from acquiring a legitimately great player. It makes sense to prioritize having as many great players as it is possible attain.

Then you worry about finding specialized pieces as needed.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
people are talkin garbage about the heat...out of memphis, dallas, okc, chicago, and miami, miami are the favorites right now to win it

KingCharles34

All Star
We were all laughing at the Heat in January and February, we completely despise them, but guess what at the end of the season they're gonna win the trophy!

You know it's gonna happen! The Bulls can't stop them. Dallas are good, but they were good in 2006 aswell and got robbed. They'll get robbed again. Lebitch wins his first ring and the NBA is happy.

They're playing some quality ball aswell, just to make that clear!

And yes I'm afraid of them in coming years, I think we'll meet them in the Conf. Finals over the next 3-4 years and lose...the problem with Lebron and Wade is: They're great on offense and also quality on defense. That's what makes them so good. Bosh isn't a bad player either.

Real talk fam thats the difference between LB + Wade vs Melo and Stat

Carmelo can play great defense if he wants to, Amare puts in more effort then Melo but has less of a defensive iq/mentality

Both Wade and Bron know how to play defense and play very good defense all the time

For the record i dont have anything against Miami at least at this point, they have been very humble and they've showed alotta respect for other teams. People are just stupid, hating on Lebron because he didnt sign with the Knicks. I dont blame him for joining forces with Wade, that just shows hes in this game for a championship and hes making less $$ in Miami then he woulda in NY, i cant hate on him for that.

Things might change next year however when the knicks and heat meet in playoffs

petescud

Starter
THats the big obstacle. DEFENSE. Our guys need a defensive coaching group to work with these guys individually. Won't happen till Damphony is gone

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Real talk fam thats the difference between LB + Wade vs Melo and Stat

Carmelo can play great defense if he wants to, Amare puts in more effort then Melo but has less of a defensive iq/mentality

Both Wade and Bron know how to play defense and play very good defense all the time

For the record i dont have anything against Miami at least at this point, they have been very humble and they've showed alotta respect for other teams. People are just stupid, hating on Lebron because he didnt sign with the Knicks. I dont blame him for joining forces with Wade, that just shows hes in this game for a championship and hes making less $$ in Miami then he woulda in NY, i cant hate on him for that.

Things might change next year however when the knicks and heat meet in playoffs
Pat Riley is still with them. I will always hate them.

Wargames

Starter
So it looks like the Heat are about to be routed by about 20 points by the Bulls in game 1..... So instead of everyone worrying about Lebron and Wade they should be looking at the bigger picture. The Knicks have to get out of the East in the playoffs and then beat the best team in the West for a championship. Its not going to be automatic in 2 years because we will have CP3 and a bunch of scrubs. Even if the Heat come back and win this series. A team of 3 stars and some scrubs shouldn't be what we as fans clamor for. The Knicks do not need another star to do commercials and wear yankee hats.....

The Knicks also need defense because thats how you win against good to great teams.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
So it looks like the Heat are about to be routed by about 20 points by the Bulls in game 1..... So instead of everyone worrying about Lebron and Wade they should be looking at the bigger picture. The Knicks have to get out of the East in the playoffs and then beat the best team in the West for a championship. Its not going to be automatic in 2 years because we will have CP3 and a bunch of scrubs. Even if the Heat come back and win this series. A team of 3 stars and some scrubs shouldn't be what we as fans clamor for. The Knicks do not need another star to do commercials and wear yankee hats.....

The Knicks also need defense because thats how you win against good to great teams.
Yeah. And also, I think it's aesthetically better. Maxes don't always mean they make up for any few role players.

Does Melo make up for no Gallo and Chandler? Maybe, I think so, but we have two maxes! We need other players who know how to play and give the effort, and also the coaching needs to be a lot better.

Imagine this team with Kyle Korver or Ray Allen, that would be SIGNIFICANT. You absolutely can't let those guys open. They might not be great off the dribble, but there's no WAY you let those guys open. That leaves both of our max guys even more free.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Same here.

As a side note, I miss Brandon Tierney. I pretty much have no reason to listen to that station anymore (except for Bill Daughtry).

Yea BT and Bill DAughtry are ggreat.. I don't understand why Lupicca is considered this so-called grreat journalist. I've come to realize I disagree with. Him on just about every subject. Miami is a much different team than the 90s BUlls.. They got blown out last night by this years version of the Bulls.. Why not hold off Mr Lupica and his opinion until the Knicks add their final pieces to the roster. Lupica is a clown.. I haven't heard him on the radio yet but I've seen him on TV on the sports reporter and he's terrible on there.. I don't want to listen to him and his 'be all end all' in his own minds opinion. BT brings more to the table in the booth.. I didn't care much for BTs partner Jodi Mac though. But adding lupica to the 1050 rotation I hope turns into a flop because he sucks!

Wargames

Starter
Yeah. And also, I think it's aesthetically better. Maxes don't always mean they make up for any few role players.

Does Melo make up for no Gallo and Chandler? Maybe, I think so, but we have two maxes! We need other players who know how to play and give the effort, and also the coaching needs to be a lot better.

Imagine this team with Kyle Korver or Ray Allen, that would be SIGNIFICANT. You absolutely can't let those guys open. They might not be great off the dribble, but there's no WAY you let those guys open. That leaves both of our max guys even more free.

I agree man with everything you said. I do think the Knicks miss both gallo and Chandler because they along with Felton we're decent defenders. Especially Chandler who use to be the Jefferies of the team due to his ability to guard the 2,3, and 4.

I also agree with what you said about needing a sg who can catch and shoot. The good thing about that is there are a number of those around the league that while not great could be easily traded for and improved upon by D'antoni (give the man credit he can improve a decent shooter into a damn good shooter). Also I want to give fields some time to see if he can alter his game and speed up his release to play like that.

I just hope we buy 2 or 3 picks because regardless this team needs role-players and depth. 3 of the 4 last teams have really good depth. The mavericks I believe have the most depth of all. I doubt the Knicks will ever be that deep but we can definitely use a mix of young role-players (who don't need to develop over years) and vets looking for a title.

DEFENSE wins CHIPS. Just look at the playoff, they have always been that way and thats why D'Ant was always bounced out of the post season. If we play quality Defense we have a more than better chance at beating any team. The D will raise the level of offense (as if we needed it). Coach shouldn't get credited for our scoring because we already have players that can light it up under any coach.

All our coach cares about is getting to the post season, thinking that will be enough to satisfy the average Knick fan (or any for that matter). I don't see him beating any of the teams that made it this year....way too much Defense is being showcased...as always. D Wade And Bron learned that against the Bulls D. This may be a lesson in the making, It's all about the D.