SMH ESPN at it again

smokes

Huge Member
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-WorstNewcomer

Here we go again... While Amare came third place in the "best newcomer" he comes first place in the "worst newcomer"! Not only is this crap totally contradictory but just another pathetic attempt by ESPN analysts to down on NY...

The criteria for worst newcomer...

We're not talking about the worst player per se but the one who will have the most negative impact or the most disappointing season, relative to expectations, price, etc. Or the player who will wear out his welcome first.

Seriously, out of ALL the players who switched teams this offseason they think Amare is going to have the most negative impact or the most disappointing season?! What the hell are these idiots smoking over there?

shaolin

Benchwarmer

Here we go again... While Amare came third place in the "best newcomer" he comes first place in the "worst newcomer"! Not only is this crap totally contradictory but just another pathetic attempt by ESPN analysts to down on NY...

Seriously, out of ALL the players who switched teams this offseason they think Amare is going to have the most negative impact or the most disappointing season?! What the hell are these idiots smoking over there?

I noticed that. I think the reason why he made the best and worst newcomer is because the 90+ "experts" voted. So, where many voted him as number 2 newcomer, many others voted him worst newcomer. It may sound counterintuitive, but it is possible.

As far as voting him worst newcomer, I think the emphasis comes from injury concerns and "unknown" value without Nash as compared to his contract, most of which is guaranteed.

I think that Amar'e can score without depending on the pick and roll. But, he will get his opportunities with Felton running the point. Felton can average 8.5-10 apg with this lineup, and Amar'e will benefit as well. But, Amar'e will almost have a mismatch and will get plenty of isolation opportunities. Obviously, I disagree with the worst newcomer bit.

I think Amar'e, without his injury concerns, is a better player than Bosh.

Paul1355

All Star

seriously ESPN is anti-new york

Amare is back with Mike D who made him so good on offense! I don't see how they think he will be a bust.

Of course no Steve Nash but Raymond Felton is a goo point guard and the Knicks have a lot of outside shooters that would either free Amare in the post, or free the shooters up top.

Boozer will be good with Rose but not as good as he was in Utah so Booze has to go above Amare.

Lee is going to be good in Golden State. The team overall will suck on defense but at least Lee can play with a center and legit guards

Beasley is a feast or famon. He will either explode with 18 ppg or be dismal.

Shaq will be good in Boston depending on his minutes. Once Perkins comes back i see his production dropping due to teh log jam at Center.

Joe Johnson has to be top 3 worst. He choked in the playoffs and just got a bigger deal that will make him even more laid back now that he is not playing for a contract. The Hawks choke and they will be worse than last year.

I dont see Turkoglu being so good with the Suns. He was bad last year but with steve nash and a fast paced system i guess he will improve to 16 ppg. Turkoglu played with Bosh and couldn't even make open shots.

Maggette is a question mark but he can put the Bucks to the next level as the 4th best team in the East. With Jennings, Salmons, Maggette, Bogut...you have versatile clutch players that can mesh together. Defense on the perimeter is the only concern.

My ratings for worst arrivals

Joe Johnson
Hedo Turkoglu
Jermaine O'Neill
T Mac
Boozer
Rudy Gay
Luke Ridnour

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
amare's going to have the biggest impact. especially if NY plays like their supposed to he adds a new dynamic to the Knicks something we havnt had since Ewing was bruising downlow. Amar'e has what it takes to preform in NY and will surprise people and get some MVP votes ( not a lot but some ).

for the record :
**** ESPN:cool: