The Knicks Will Win The Nba Championship

smokes

Huge Member
That's not even a sentence. Mad because of Suarez? I love Luis Suarez, he shows the kind of passion and tenacity all over the pitch that should be the LEAST you expect from a professional star in any sport.

Don't blame me because you've never heard of the "because X" meme.

What a surprise, you love a racist, diving, classless, immature cheat.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Don't blame me because you've never heard of the "because X" meme.

What a surprise, you love a racist, diving, classless, immature cheat.

First off he isn't racist. The idea of completely ignoring someone else's culture (what he said is fine in South America) and saying that only your way matters, yeah that's RACIST.

Classless? Because he didn't shake Evra's hand? Brilliant. Keep being told what to think by the media.

Immature? He actually shows a maturity on the pitch beyond his years.

Cheat? In what way is he a cheat?

Diving? He's no more of a diver than any of the other top players in the world.

You can try and make this about "soccer" and Liverpool if you want, it just shows you're not doing well enough with your basketball argument.

I also love the irony of talking about maturity then having a pop at me for not knowing what a particular internet meme is.

smokes

Huge Member
First off he isn't racist. The idea of completely ignoring someone else's culture (what he said is fine in South America) and saying that only your way matters, yeah that's RACIST.

Classless? Because he didn't shake Evra's hand? Brilliant. Keep being told what to think by the media.

You can try and make this about "soccer" and Liverpool if you want, it just shows you're not doing well enough with your basketball argument.

I also love the irony of talking about maturity then having a pop at me for not knowing what a particular internet meme is.

Did I have a pop at you about it? No you had a pop at me for not constructing a sentence properly and I explained why.

I said because Suarez as a joke and instead of responding to my post re basketball you chose to respond to that instead, you're the one who has totally ignored my basketball related points.

About Suarez I'll not derail this thread any further, he apologized for a reason. Because he was wrong. Simple.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
He apologized for a reason. Because he was wrong. Simple.

You probably actually believe that as well. He apologised for not shaking hands, that's it and he did so because our directors made him. He has no reason to apologise regardless of what Liverpool or the media say. A handshake should not be forced upon anyone and the only two people who should be bothered and should decide on the matter are Suarez and Evra.

As per usual the media are making far too much of it.

Answer me this, what was worse Melo throwing punches or Suarez not shaking hands?

Yeah not quite so simple when I can turn it round like that is it.

smokes

Huge Member
You probably actually believe that as well. He apologised for not shaking hands, that's it and he did so because our directors made him. He has no reason to apologise regardless of what Liverpool or the media say. A handshake should not be forced upon anyone and the only two people who should be bothered and should decide on the matter are Suarez and Evra.

As per usual the media are making far too much of it.

Answer me this, what was worse Melo throwing punches or Suarez not shaking hands?

Yeah not quite so simple when I can turn it round like that is it.

It's pretty simple, an isolated incedent vs a player who has a reputation his entire career of having a terrible attitude, of cheating and being immature and disrespectful.

Ok since you don't want to leave it alone lets just break it down simple shall we?

LUIS SUAREZ IS NOT RACIST?

In the 62nd minute, Su?rez wins a corner and jogs into the United area, where he is being marked by Evra. The two players then become involved in a heated argument, in Spanish:

PE: ****ing hell, why did you kick me?

LS: Because you?re black.

PE: Say it to me again, I?m going to kick you.

LS: I don?t speak to blacks.

PE: OK, now I think I?m going to punch you.

LS: OK, blackie, blackie, blackie.

As Su?rez is speaking, he pinches Evra?s left forearm repeatedly. As referee Andre Marriner stops play, Su?rez uses the term ?negro? to Evra again, prompting an angry reaction from Evra, who tells Marriner he has been racially abused.

Marriner tries to calm the situation, but as the players walk away, Su?rez puts his hand on the back of Evra?s head and the defender knocks his arm away.

Marriner intervenes again; Evra says he does not want Su?rez to touch him, prompting the Uruguayan to say: ?Why, black??

SUAREZ IS NOT A CHEAT?

I must have missed the memo where he was cleared to play as GK in the World Cup...

Uruguays-Luis-Suarez-Hand-Of-God.gif

SUAREZ DOES NOT DIVE MUCH MORE THAN OTHER PLAYERS?

suarezg6ujn.gif

9scu3a.gif

suarezbeingsuarezmkvei.gif

suarez2yd0v.gif

suarezzxo00.gif

SUAREZ SHOWS MATURITY ON THE PITCH?

Why don't we ask the guy he headbutted/bit on the chest?

Or how Scott Parker feels after Suarez returns from his 8 match ban?

14bp2lx.gif

SUAREZ IS A CLASSY PLAYER?!?!

The handshake...or lack of

Suarez opting not to shake Evra's hand as the players conducted their traditional pre-match greeting when Liverpool travelled to Old Trafford - the Uruguayan's first start since serving an eight-match ban.

The fall out

Suarez's actions prompted Sir Alex Ferguson to brand Suarez a ?disgrace to Liverpool? before urging the club to ?get rid? of him. After the match, Kenny Dalglish claimed he ?didn?t know? Su?rez had refused Evra?s handshake before becoming embroiled in a feud with Sky Sports presenter Geoff Shreeves.

The apologies

Suarez issued an apology for his "mistake" in not shaking Evra's hand. His statement was followed by Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre saying the club was misled by Suarez and criticised the Uruguayan for failing to shake the hand of Evra.

Dalglish then said sorry for his conduct on TV before Manchester United published a statement on their site accepting Liverpool's apology.

Yes Suarez was wrong. Whether or not it was wrong not to shake his hand is immaterial. Suarez told the Liverpool management that he would shake Evra's hand then refused to do so when the game came. He lied and let down his team. He got his manager involved in the dispute because Kenny though Suarez would shake his hand and thus lashed out at a reporter.

Riddle me this Batman, if Suarez didn't racially abuse Patrice Evra then why did Liverpool not appeal his ban? Because he did, and everybody knows it, except Liverpool supporters :lol:

Now take your hands off the keyboard before you get hurt.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
So you didn't know what Lin was going to do.

You're dreaming if you think Chauncey, Rasheed and Wallace were considered stars. They were perfect for the team they played in and once again, who was going to put up the points?

They didn't have an Amar'e or a Melo and they did fine. You've basically just reinforced my point.

Smith and Chandler could dominate in the paint just as Wallace and Sheed did while neither would be all stars.

Lin could end up being mr big shot, you just don't know yet.

Batum's defense is vastly underrated and he'd put up more points that Prince.

The point (which still stands by the way) is they had the right players for the right positions with no one or two stars that took over completely and they won AS A TEAM with every player playing an important part on both ends of the court.

You didn't know what Lin would be and you don't know what he could be, same goes for Batum and Shumpert. For all you know they are all top 5 players in the future.

Once again, this was my point with Paul George. The clues were there and now he's living up to it.

TEAM > 1, 2 or 3 stars.

Did I not say the Piston players werent big names but had big games, it doesn't matter if they werent popular and considered stars by fans. They still had a top 5 PG yes in 04 Chauncey was one of the top 5 best PGs in the game, Rasheed was one of the best PF's in the game, Prince was the 2nd best perimeter defender in the game, Ben Wallace was the best defensive center, and Rip was the best off ball player.

Stop living in the now when the game slows down and Mia and Chi elite defenses key in on Lin, Smith, and Batum their not gonna be able to produce you need stars simple as that.

It's all great in theory having this great team work basketball but there's a reason why every champion in the last 30+ years have star power.

Red

TYPE-A
Anyone else on board?

No excuses now right?

Coach, scorers, bench, depth, defense, vets, size, variability, home crowd, hunger

portega1968

El Cacique
Anyone else on board?

No excuses now right?

Coach, scorers, bench, depth, defense, vets, size, variability, home crowd, hunger

Until we have a healthy and effective backup PG, we are still missing a piece. God forbid Lin is injured. Davis is not looking like he will be back strong enough to make a valuable contribution. So, I'm almost there but still hoping we can land an effective backup for Lin.

Also, we would be severely screwed without Chandler.

Red

TYPE-A
Until we have a healthy and effective backup PG, we are still missing a piece. God forbid Lin is injured. Davis is not looking like he will be back strong enough to make a valuable contribution. So, I'm almost there but still hoping we can land an effective backup for Lin.

Also, we would be severely screwed without Chandler.

The issue with this to me is the acclimation process for players and guards in particular.

1st we need a guard

Then we need a guard that's competent which comes with time, familiarity, and natural skill.

There's only half the season left.

By adding Davis and JR mid-season, there's little time left. At the least BD has practiced and should be familiar with the system. If not, then its yet another excuse why we can't win. And I for one am excused out.

I no longer want the "perfect" player to be successful because the odds (as we've seen) are extremely low. Rather at this point we need competent viable options...

Don't we have enough even without BD?

portega1968

El Cacique
Don't we have enough even without BD?

What you say is all good.

But, the way I see it, everyone needs a good plan B to backup the Plan A.

Our plan A looks great, but our Plan B still is not there. Specifically, our team would severely suffer if Lin or Chandler were not able to do their thing, and we need to cover that gap.

iSaYughh

Starter
If we stay healthy, and no bullshit happens with injuries....yes. By the time playoffs start, I'd expect us to match up pretty evenly against the NBA's upper crust, and be in every series.

With D'antoni at the helm, I'd expect a top3 offense at the minimum, and I think our already respectable D will only continue to improve.

You're being a little ridiculous, though, with the "anybody else in? no more excuses, right?", if your're inferring we are somehow *favorites* to win the title, or it's some manifest destiny.

Just because we can win, or that we "should" win (ie, we are the odds on favorite...which we won't be, but whatever), your likelihood of actually winning is still *never* far above 50%, even if you are the best team in the NBA.

ie, even if we were clearly the best team in the NBA going into the playoffs, not winning a title wouldn't reflect true failure, or missing out on expectations.

If we looked like shit and got trounced, it's a different story; but that's a more qualitative discussion. Our playoff series vs the Celtics last yr is actually a really good model of the contrast between qualitative and quantitative judgements of success and fail, and team performance.

TakMan

Rotation player

I just logged in to find out that the Suarez saga has made it all the way to the Knickonline forums.

Using someone's skin colour in order to insult that person is racist in whatever country. The only difference is that whereas in the U.K racism has become a covert practice (I'm not racist, but...) in countries like Uruguay it is still overtly embedded in society. It's still racism and Suarez is a dick. Decent footballer but still a dick. Let's not forget Di Cannio was a fascist; still a great footballer despite being an idiot. Liverpool fans have taken YNWA one step too far.

Red

TYPE-A
If we stay healthy, and no bullshit happens with injuries....yes. By the time playoffs start, I'd expect us to match up pretty evenly against the NBA's upper crust, and be in every series.

With D'antoni at the helm, I'd expect a top3 offense at the minimum, and I think our already respectable D will only continue to improve.

You're being a little ridiculous, though, with the "anybody else in? no more excuses, right?", if your're inferring we are somehow *favorites* to win the title, or it's some manifest destiny.

Just because we can win, or that we "should" win (ie, we are the odds on favorite...which we won't be, but whatever), your likelihood of actually winning is still *never* far above 50%, even if you are the best team in the NBA.

ie, even if we were clearly the best team in the NBA going into the playoffs, not winning a title wouldn't reflect true failure, or missing out on expectations.

If we looked like shit and got trounced, it's a different story; but that's a more qualitative discussion. Our playoff series vs the Celtics last yr is actually a really good model of the contrast between qualitative and quantitative judgements of success and fail, and team performance.

I just watched everyone, including experts say the NY Giants would not win anything @ 7-7... and we did.

I will continue to believe we can until we don't, if we don't. Until then I believe.

Any excuses parsed were addressed. We need:

A coach- check
A closer- check
A big- check
A bench- check
Some cheap rookies/role players- check
A PG- check
Time- check
Better GM- check x2
Stars- check
Better defense- check
Defensive assistant- check
Luck- check

Gaterade, Knick dancers, renovated building, world-wide spot light, belief! Check!

What the f*ck more do we need without looking like spoiled
Overzealous losers? Jesus? Yeah that's it, after all that we need Jesus to lace'em up right? Lol

****on another note... did I read correctly that you haven't watched any games not on ESPN? If so, oh' boy...

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
every year theres like 5 teams good enough to win it all, at least. the 80% of those teams don't need excuses, they just didnt do it.

p0nder

Starter
who gives a **** about soccer? why is it all over a CHIP THREAD FOR THE KNICKS??? GTFO WITH THAT WEAK FLOPPING SPORT BULLSHIZZ!

(fyi: I like soccer and play quite a bit, but this is not the time or place)

KNICKS FOR THE LIN

Championship qualities on this team:
As red said:
Add in: Hustle, star power, rebounding, ball movement, chemistry, versatility, Spike Lee, Best fans in the world, coming from a 8-15 start and knowing adversity, HEART, selflessness, strength, dunks, shooting, blocks, steals, a solid system and a ****ing giraffe.

Red

TYPE-A
who gives a **** about soccer? why is it all over a CHIP THREAD FOR THE KNICKS??? GTFO WITH THAT WEAK FLOPPING SPORT BULLSHIZZ!

(fyi: I like soccer and play quite a bit, but this is not the time or place)

KNICKS FOR THE LIN

Championship qualities on this team:
As red said:
Add in: Hustle, star power, rebounding, ball movement, chemistry, versatility, Spike Lee, Best fans in the world, coming from a 8-15 start and knowing adversity, HEART, selflessness, strength, dunks, shooting, blocks, steals, a solid system and a ****ing giraffe.

Lol. I forgot about the Giraffe.

Seriously what excuse can be made now? Every single one has been addressed.

Knicks for the Lin.

Lol. I forgot about the Giraffe.

Seriously what excuse can be made now? Every single one has been addressed.

Knicks for the Lin.

Agree with you!

Though we should keep two factors in mind before we break out in unconditional euphoria :smokin:

1) Give them time, there have been so many roster changes in the last couple of weeks and no real training camp and basically no preseason. The season might be too short to get everything and everyone 100% synchronized this year......but we might grab first seed next season and go to the Finals if everyone stays healthy and sticks around.

2) The LIn situation is too good to be true, I really don't want to be sceptical, but it's still very early in Jeremy's career. Right now his numbers and performances are unreal and while the talent is certainly there and I see no reason why he should turn into a bust all of a sudden....we still have to wait and see how his situation turns out when the first hype is over and everyday business kicks in for him and our opponents.
To quote Jeremy: "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst".

I really think we have a good team right now and we can make a good run in the not too distant future.

It's just a bit early to celebrate now, but the potential is there! (I think though that 90% of our success depends on Lin) Without him we were really bad, with him running the show (and the others of course) we look like a legit contender now.

I tell you something, I'll be the first one teared up when we win a championship, it might not happen this year though. I don't know at this point, but I have faith in this team.