NBA.com's MVP Ranking - STAT @ #5.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
header.jpg

Includes a good read about STAT and the record he's on the verge of breaking.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/12/10/race-to-mvp-week-7/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Amar'e, a 30-point machine, goes on an MVP-type roll

By Steve Aschburner, NBA.com
Posted Dec 10 2010 12:14PM

If clutch performance is one measure of an MVP candidate, consider this: Stoudemire leads the NBA in fourth-quarter scoring at 7.7 points. The next four in line are the Clippers' Eric Gordon (7.4), Golden State's Stephen Curry (6.8), Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki (6.8) and Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant (6.4).

In terms of past MVP support, Stoudemire finished sixth in 2008, ninth in 2005 (when teammate Steve Nash won the first of two MVPs), 10th last season and 14th in 2007. But he was surrounded by stellar players in Phoenix, most notably Nash. In New York, with a modest crew around him, Stoudemire has what sometimes is an MVP advantage of being his team's lone superstar.

Of course, back when the Knicks were maybe the NBA's consummate team, they had their only league MVP: Willis Reed in 1969-70. No New York player has finished in the top 10 in balloting since Ewing was eighth in 1997.

ap-fda1abb4dc4948668b1fca1fb7df1ef1.jpg

la2ny

Starter
holy shit my mvp answer in the other thread was right. lol i really am a basketball junky....

if NY somehow gets the 5th or even 6th seed and stat keeps his numbers with everyone else so jumbled up record wise with no clear "MAN" then he has 2 get MVP.either way stat is my mvp.

P.S. mvp is a media award so since miami are suddenly "dominant" 9x out of 10 they will slurp lebrons ball sack for the 3rd consecutive year.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
^

a mean if STAT keeps his level of play up like this for the rst of the season and gets us 45 -50+ wins and we get like a 6th seed... He got to get it.... I mean I beleive he will lead the elague in scoring this year and hes the man who has rerssurected the NEW YORK FKIN KNICKS who have been shit for the past 10 years.. He ressureccted a franchise hes gotta get it if he keeps it up

la2ny

Starter
^ :agreed:. any man brave enough to even take on NY as the star should win it on that alone. lol

KingCharles34

All Star
I think to this point hes gotta be the mvp, i dont know why they have him 5th. How many wins would we have without him?

Also, look at whats happened to phoenix. There a game below .500

iSaYughh

Starter
I think to this point hes gotta be the mvp, i dont know why they have him 5th. How many wins would we have without him?

Also, look at whats happened to phoenix. There a game below .500

Word. Definition of mvp. Sick stats, leader at his position and unequivocal the mvp of his team, made greatest impact all around.

No clue who these honky mongoloid lickin mofos put ahead him.

la2ny

Starter
like i said its a media award. if they have no one else to give it 2 then he'll get it otherwise he's gonna get shafted.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If it's a media award then you'd normally think we'd have a better chance, but at the same time, it seems that ESPN and whatnot hates us.