The Net Effect of Carmelo Anthony

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

Clearly, STAT isn't the only superstar on this team who needs to do a better job on defense. Melo looked downright silly on the defensive end in this vid.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Not to make an excuse but that is Rudy Gay....STAT got torched by "FAT" Boris Diaw twice this year

But yeah he's gotta sit down defensively and move his feet better, the effort is there not all the time but more than usual his technique is just off and good scorer and coaches now how to attack that

Red

TYPE-A

Clearly, STAT isn't the only superstar on this team who needs to do a better job on defense. Melo looked downright silly on the defensive end in this vid.

This video is a prime example of failure by design.

I don't care who it is, a coach sends the wrong message by allowing this type of defense.

Poor technique, body placement, and strategy (fronting, switching, over the screen, etc...)

and finally, poor decision making- influenced by "players standing around the perimeter" while a shot goes up, both instances as per what the coach has implemented.

I'd like to see an improvement, above a players natural ability, in technique and approach on defense, in order to rate 'Antoni anything better than menial as a coach.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Melo played pretty bad against Phoenix. Again, I saw him not running back on defense resulting to wide open mid range jumpers for Hill. On offense...... ugh, you know what happened. :boohoo:

He had one bad game.....he's still by far our best player this season. Without him we'd have won zero games.....people need to chill on Melo. It's not his fault that James Dolan ruined the team by acquiring him.
Melo is a very good player, the best on our roster and besides Jorts the only one I can stand at this point. I could name atleast 5 guys on this team who deserve more criticism than Melo....

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
He had one bad game.....he's still by far our best player this season. Without him we'd have won zero games.....people need to chill on Melo. It's not his fault that James Dolan ruined the team by acquiring him.
Melo is a very good player, the best on our roster and besides Jorts the only one I can stand at this point. I could name atleast 5 guys on this team who deserve more criticism than Melo....

Well, he was injured....but Melo tried to do too much in the game. forcing up pretty bad shots. I don't question his effort and heart out there. Its his decision making that worries me.

He needs to trust his teammates more. Landry, Shump, and STAT had pretty good games, no reason to jack up shots when you're clearly struggling and teammates are open and making shots.