David Lee

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I'm a big fan of efficient scoring. Lee gives us that in spades, but even I am just about ready to throw in the towel on him. It's getting a little too painful to watch whoever he's guarding turn into an all star overnight. Plus, he doesn't even help well when someone else gets beat. If it was Yao or Howard abusing him, well there's not much you can do about that because he's really a PF playing out of position. But it's everyone! And some of these guys are not even much bigger than him. They go right past or around him like he's nailed to the floor.

There aren't good stats out there for defense, but I've been trying to find some "objective" measurement of his defense. One thing I noticed was that his "Adjusted +/-" (which takes into account that the Knicks are bad and who was on the floor with him) is horrible and had been bad for several years. Since we know he scores effectively and can rebound, that must be telling us how horrid he is defensively that the Knicks do better when he's OFF THE FLOOR!!!!!

There's no way he's getting 12M as a free agent. Every team in the NBA knows he can't place "D" a lick.

(stats available at 82games)

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
we never were going to pay 12 mill for him. i like dlee, but smart knick fans realized that he never was going to be a defensive presence. to make things worse hes outta position, hes in a system that doesnt maximize defense, and hes not black lol. i like his offensive effiencieny, and if the price is right id still like to have him in 2010.

ANU

Starter
all this efficient scoring is bullshit when he's a ****ing doorman.i don't want to hear that shit.he sucks.in order for you to win, you're going to have to stop the other team from scoring.he does not do that.i just hope he snaps out of his funk before dec cause only then can he be traded.

al needs to get sent packing the minute he has a big game or two.duhon needs to get dealt for someone else not named duhon.

effires is a bitch so he won't be something we have to worry about.

as long as al, effires, duhon get dealt, i'll deal with the losing.

mafra

Legend
I'm a big fan of efficient scoring. Lee gives us that in spades, but even I am just about ready to throw in the towel on him. It's getting a little too painful to watch whoever he's guarding turn into an all star overnight. Plus, he doesn't even help well when someone else gets beat. If it was Yao or Howard abusing him, well there's not much you can do about that because he's really a PF playing out of position. But it's everyone! And some of these guys are not even much bigger than him. They go right past or around him like he's nailed to the floor.

There aren't good stats out there for defense, but I've been trying to find some "objective" measurement of his defense. One thing I noticed was that his "Adjusted +/-" (which takes into account that the Knicks are bad and who was on the floor with him) is horrible and had been bad for several years. Since we know he scores effectively and can rebound, that must be telling us how horrid he is defensively that the Knicks do better when he's OFF THE FLOOR!!!!!

There's no way he's getting 12M as a free agent. Every team in the NBA knows he can't place "D" a lick.

I think this is why we drafted Jordan Hill. Lee is a goner. Not only is Lee is a joke on defense. He also is a complete NON-FACTOR in the 4th quarter. Forgot about scoring points to win a game for you, or make big plays, he just disappears.

I only hope some team gets desperate come trade deadline and makes a run at LEE (so we get something for him).

for 7 mil for one year.

He could get picked up by any top ten team in the league.

He is a championship level player

and when i say that

i mean bench role 6th complimentary championship level player

get it.

got it

good.

mafra

Legend
for 7 mil for one year.

and when i say that

get it.

got it

good.

Send him to POR for Outlaw and Bayless. Maybe even DEN for Lawson (lol).

lee a championship level player.yeah.in the ****ing nbdl.

you didnt fully read my post I Guess.
I said he is a championship player meaning as a role player or a sixth man on a contender. He would get minutes on any contending team.

but just like chandler, or duhon, trying to push him into a star role on a shitty knicks team makes him look even worse.

paris401

Starter
i agree that lee could be a role player on a playoff type team...but i see him more of a 7th or 8th guy... not a 6th man...

the only guy who is a worse outside shooter... and by outside i mean 5ft out is jeffries... lee can't hit the side of a barn... and after 4years in the nba, he will not improve...

Kiyaman

Legend
for 7 mil for one year.

and when i say that

get it.

got it

good.

Agree 100%

What alot of peeps are not looking at.......is Knick Players with the caliber of Lee's talent (Nate, Duhon, and Chandler) are great role-players on any contender team.....I do not see any of them wanting to be the "sucker-player" traded with Curry or Jefferies to meet Donnie Walsh 2010 goal.
We all know Walsh is daily thinking of any way possible to get rid of or lower Curry & Jefferies contract before the 2010 offseason.

If Chandler were performing like he did last season the Knicks would have won at least 4 or 5 of their last 9 loss games.
I'm sure Nate and his family (new born baby) are not ready to packup and leave for the next state with Nate becoming a restricted FA next season.....finding a reliable babysitter is not easy. LOL

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Agree 100%

What alot of peeps are not looking at.......is Knick Players with the caliber of Lee's talent (Nate, Duhon, and Chandler) are great role-players on any contender team.....I do not see any of them wanting to be the "sucker-player" traded with Curry or Jefferies to meet Donnie Walsh 2010 goal.
We all know Walsh is daily thinking of any way possible to get rid of or lower Curry & Jefferies contract before the 2010 offseason.

If Chandler were performing like he did last season the Knicks would have won at least 4 or 5 of their last 9 loss games.
I'm sure Nate and his family (new born baby) are not ready to packup and leave for the next state with Nate becoming a restricted FA next season.....finding a reliable babysitter is not easy. LOL

Exactly kiyaman!

I myself think its funny that when Lee has a bad game or two(does'nt happen very often) that there are some posters on here can't wait to start a bashing Lee thread.I myself want to know why Chandler gets a pass all the time with his terrible play.He could'nt throw it into a ocean if his life depended on it.His defense is flat out terrible and he looks lazy half the time out there.

Why does Harrington get a pass after all the bone headed things that he does out on the court? He's not a team player! He shoots the ball everytime he has it!He does'nt know how to pass to his teamates when he is doubled.

Instead of blaming the jokers that are killing this team these posters would rather bad mouth a player like Lee that has played his ass off every single game.Yes his defense needs some work BUT BUT BUT EVERYBODY on this team can't play defense! So if thats your only excuse then you need to find something else to talk about.You guys don't want to bad mouth the players thats really killing this team but you want to bad mouth argubly the Knicks best player on the team.You sure you guys are Knicks fans?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Exactly kiyaman!

I myself think its funny that when Lee has a bad game or two(does'nt happen very often) that there are some posters on here can't wait to start a bashing Lee thread.I myself want to know why Chandler gets a pass all the time with his terrible play.He could'nt throw it into a ocean if his life depended on it.His defense is flat out terrible and he looks lazy half the time out there.

Why does Harrington get a pass after all the bone headed things that he does out on the court? He's not a team player! He shoots the ball everytime he has it!He does'nt know how to pass to his teamates when he is doubled.

Instead of blaming the jokers that are killing this team these posters would rather bad mouth a player like Lee that has played his ass off every single game.Yes his defense needs some work BUT BUT BUT EVERYBODY on this team can't play defense! So if thats your only excuse then you need to find something else to talk about.You guys don't want to bad mouth the players thats really killing this team but you want to bad mouth argubly the Knicks best player on the team.You sure you guys are Knicks fans?
I think it's the lack of grit on defense that make his bad performances seem so awful. He always teeters on the edge of SEEMING to be a good player, but I'm sure I speak for most of us quasi Knick fans when I say, he's a repeat offender in the crap defense department, but not a consistent player of his own game, So far, this year.

So it's not about dedication, we've all been there this decade.

Any Lee supporter, me included, must be wrapped that Walsh didn't cough up the cash Lee considered himself worthy of. Because, frankly, he's not even close to worth the $.

Walsh +1 rep point for that

Paul1355

All Star
Hill would be better at this point

good post...if you could provide his current +/- stats that would be an Awesome post. It basically proves that Lee is a huge liability right now on defense...so much to the point where you think about playing a guy like Hill in replace for Lee, atleast Hill won't hurt you on defense.

Give Hill 30 minutes a game which is what Lee gets give or take....Hill is known for rebounding so he would get atleast 7 or 8 per game...he can score, not as well as Lee but has a decent jumper and athleticism to help him in the post, I'll say with starter's minutes about 10-14 ppg. He would average about 2 to 3 turnovers a game because he always gives up the ball.

If Hill took Lee's minutes....10-14 ppg, 7-9 rbpg....and would average at least 1 block or 2 a game.

To me that is more efficient overall than Lee's numbers. I hope we can trade Lee now...we need defense and he kills us of making any attempt to be a defensive team.

ANU

Starter
you didnt fully read my post I Guess.
I said he is a championship player meaning as a role player or a sixth man on a contender. He would get minutes on any contending team.

but just like chandler, or duhon, trying to push him into a star role on a shitty knicks team makes him look even worse.
i know what you meant, and you're probably right, i was just saying that for effect.i just don't want avi on this team...if he played d, i'd love him on this team; but he plays no d.

and wvknickfan your opinion don't count.you beat off to lee on a nightly basis.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Exactly kiyaman!

Chandler has been terrible on offense so far but he's also coming off surgery. I think we need to give him another month or so before throwing in the towel. Plus his defense is not that bad. According to 82games.com. the Knicks are WAY better when he's on the court. So he must be doing something right.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
good post...if you could provide his current +/- stats that would be an Awesome post. It basically proves that Lee is a huge liability right now on defense...so much to the point where you think about playing a guy like Hill in replace for Lee, atleast Hill won't hurt you on defense.

Give Hill 30 minutes a game which is what Lee gets give or take....Hill is known for rebounding so he would get atleast 7 or 8 per game...he can score, not as well as Lee but has a decent jumper and athleticism to help him in the post, I'll say with starter's minutes about 10-14 ppg. He would average about 2 to 3 turnovers a game because he always gives up the ball.

If Hill took Lee's minutes....10-14 ppg, 7-9 rbpg....and would average at least 1 block or 2 a game.

To me that is more efficient overall than Lee's numbers. I hope we can trade Lee now...we need defense and he kills us of making any attempt to be a defensive team.

Here are the Knicks stats for offense and defense:

http://basketballvalue.com/teamplayers.php?year=2009-2010&team=NYK

I'm a fan of Lee. He lead the league in double doubles last year, he's a solid rebounder(the best we got) and his post game is getting better. I'd rather trade peepz like Duhon, Darko, Jeffries. Lee's all good. When he moves back to his natural PF position he'll do better. :thumbsup:

Paul1355

All Star
I'm a fan of Lee. He lead the league in double doubles last year, he's a solid rebounder(the best we got) and his post game is getting better. I'd rather trade peepz like Duhon, Darko, Jeffries. Lee's all good. When he moves back to his natural PF position he'll do better. :thumbsup:
He would do better at PF but if your talking about post game he is only good i the offensive post. He is a huge liability in the defensive post, his defense disgust me how he looks like he gives no effort to block shots.