Game Thread: NY Knicks vs Detroit Pistons 02/04/13 7:30

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Good start to February.

Must end up no worse than 8-2 this month, March is an insanely difficult month with games against Miami, OKC, Memphis in the Garden, home and away to the Celtics, and a killer west coast trip that sees our Knicks play 5 games in 8 nights against Warriors, Nuggets, Blazers, Clippers and Jazz.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Nice to have a fast start for a change. The first half was pretty exceptional with great ball movement and finding open shooters. The second half we really took the foot off the gas and but for continued good shooting, from Melo in particular, things could have become uncomfortable. I liked the way Woodson clearly wasn't happy with how they were playing even though we were still up by around 20.

Melo had a nice game, really good shooting after a run of games where even though he got his points his shooting percentage was low. His passing out of double teams continues to be excellent, a lot less forcing bad shots and getting some assists and "hockey assists".
Amar'e continues to be awesome coming off the bench with his scoring and rebounding, which has really improved IMO. Definately got the lift and spring back in his legs getting up for dunks and blocks.
Another 20 rebound game for Tyson, can't say mich more than that. When he rebounds at that rate I can't see us losing many games.
Felton's return has really helped too now he's shaken off the rust. I think yesterday he took about 5 shots and got around 10 assists, which is exactly what we need from him when we have Melo, Amar'e, JR and Novak hitting thier shots.

JoeBo21

Benchwarmer
JR's airball FT and Woody's reaction was the highlight of the game lol

ibi0xQKDjyK14I.gif

Kiyaman

Legend
Rank your top 5 most valuable Knick players in terms of importance and impact to the team.

Here are mine:

1. Melo
2. Chandler
3. Shumpert
4. Stoudimire
5. Smith

Metro .... u are real good, u know i have to add JR. Smith 34 minute performance in all 47 games this season, plus Melo's 29 point performance in the 5 most valuable impact players .. however .. Jason Kidd lockerroom discipline is first.

1) Kidd
2) Tyson
3) Melo
4) JR
5) Felton
6) Stat

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
JR's airball FT and Woody's reaction was the highlight of the game lol

ibi0xQKDjyK14I.gif

lol that was brilliant. All of MSG including both sets of players on the court were laughing their asses off and Woody is like "WTF?!?" Looks about ready to bitchslap JR to the bench.

nyk_nyk

All Star
lol that was brilliant. All of MSG including both sets of players on the court were laughing their asses off and Woody is like "WTF?!?" Looks about ready to bitchslap JR to the bench.

Things like this are why I appreciate him as our head coach.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
1 Melo
2 Chandler
3 Kids (leadership)
4 Stat (getting back in form)
5 JR (true 6 man)
6 Shump
7 Felt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
Metro .... u are real good, u know i have to add JR. Smith 34 minute performance in all 47 games this season, plus Melo's 29 point performance in the 5 most valuable impact players .. however .. Jason Kidd lockerroom discipline is first.

1) Kidd
2) Tyson
3) Melo
4) JR
5) Felton
6) Stat

1) Kidd
2) Tyson
3) Melo
4) JR
5) Felton
6) Stat
I forgot to mention the most important inpact player the 7th-Man

7) Team-Patience

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Was at this game, gotta say the highlights were the JR airball and the Tyson alley over 2 guys. Crowd noise was cool.

Also at halftime JR smith came out early and started running around during the Junior Knicks scrimmage, did anyone catch that?