Rotation player
Let's pull off the blockbuster trade!

tyson_chandler1.jpg

nba_dime_268.jpg

2431712678_307ab5ea8d_o.jpg

2431712708_1cac4db64b_o.jpg

GetRealistic

Starter
You want to talk blockbuster, why not throw the house at the Hornets who are a struggling franchise financially and go for Chris Paul.

Give them a Marbury type deal. Give them this years first round pick and 2012's first round pick. Along with Nate and some expiring contracts that make it work.

Tyson Chandler is an underachiever who apparently has a bad toe injury. He's really had 1 and 1/2 good NBA seasons so i wouldn't be getting all hyped up on getting Tyson Chandler.

Now going after Chris Paul i'd get excited about. Its probably about 5% chance of happening but its worth a shot.

Plus if we have a PG like Paul and superstar friendly coach like D'Antoni we'll have no problem recruiting players to play in NY.

Something like

Hughes
Chandler
Sign and Trade Nate Robinson
1st Round pick 2009 and other stuff

for

Chris Paul
Tyson Chandler

TunerAddict

Starter
You want to talk blockbuster, why not throw the house at the Hornets who are a struggling franchise financially and go for Chris Paul.

Give them a Marbury type deal. Give them this years first round pick and 2012's first round pick. Along with Nate and some expiring contracts that make it work.

Tyson Chandler is an underachiever who apparently has a bad toe injury. He's really had 1 and 1/2 good NBA seasons so i wouldn't be getting all hyped up on getting Tyson Chandler.

Now going after Chris Paul i'd get excited about. Its probably about 5% chance of happening but its worth a shot.

Plus if we have a PG like Paul and superstar friendly coach like D'Antoni we'll have no problem recruiting players to play in NY.

Something like

Hughes
Chandler

for

Chris Paul
Tyson Chandler

This......

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
obviously everyone would be for getting Chris Paul; chances of that happening are so slim almost not worth mentioning, but can wish can't we..

When can trades start happening / be talked about? Day after championship game or lottery or what

dave2138

Rotation player

Something like

Hughes
Chandler

for

Chris Paul
Tyson Chandler

Nah, the hornets would never trade Chris Paul. He is their franchise and there is probably nothing the knicks can offer that will interest them.

I'd rather wait until Tyson Chandler is a FA after next year since the knicks won't be competing anyway next season.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Nah, the hornets would never trade Chris Paul. He is their franchise and there is probably nothing the knicks can offer that will interest them.

I'd rather wait until Tyson Chandler is a FA after next year since the knicks won't be competing anyway next season.

I thought the same thing at once, but really what is the difference between adding him this year as opposed to next? I mean lets say he comes here this coming season, the team shows some promise and we are more attractive to FA's in 2010.

The problem is, if we did execute a trade it would for sure spell the end for either Lee or Nate. Adding Chandler fills the biggest need we have. Trade Q for him straight up, no need to throw in a pick because his numbers did dip this season and he did have a trade for him voided because of an injury

Stephen Curry (draft pick)/Duhon
Larry Hughes/Nate
Wilson/Danillo
Harrington/Danillo
Chandler/Curry/Jefferies

39 W 43 L possible playoff birth with some promise. Now package Harrington and Wilson for Prince, slide Danillo at the 3 sign AI to a MLE deal and now we're getting somewhere.

LeFlume

All Star
Chandler should pay 50% of his salary to Chris Paul. Without him, he is NOTHING. If The Knicks go after him they are dumb, besides I think we've had enough of those Bulls players, don't you?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Hornets originally wanted to trade Tyson Chandler to the Thunder, for Chris Wilcox, but Chandler failed his physical. The Knicks should just offer Wilcox for Chandler. Chandler would be a good addition to the Knicks, because he would provide defense and rebounding at the center position. At worst, Chandler would make a solid backup center, so I don't see anything wrong with trading Wilcox for him.

dave2138

Rotation player
[/b]

I thought the same thing at once, but really what is the difference between adding him this year as opposed to next? I mean lets say he comes here this coming season, the team shows some promise and we are more attractive to FA's in 2010.

The problem is, if we did execute a trade it would for sure spell the end for either Lee or Nate. Adding Chandler fills the biggest need we have. Trade Q for him straight up, no need to throw in a pick because his numbers did dip this season and he did have a trade for him voided because of an injury

Stephen Curry (draft pick)/Duhon
Larry Hughes/Nate
Wilson/Danillo
Harrington/Danillo
Chandler/Curry/Jefferies

39 W 43 L possible playoff birth with some promise. Now package Harrington and Wilson for Prince, slide Danillo at the 3 sign AI to a MLE deal and now we're getting somewhere.

Only difference is the Hornets wanted to trade Chandler for expiring contracts that ended after this season. Now that they were not able to make a trade they might as well keep him since he is an expiring contract.

Why would they trade him for another expiring contract with far less value to their team? The only reason they would is if they got young talent in return or draft picks. Something I really hope the Knicks don't do.

Just wait for Chandler to be a FA.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Only difference is the Hornets wanted to trade Chandler for expiring contracts that ended after this season. Now that they were not able to make a trade they might as well keep him since he is an expiring contract.

Why would they trade him for another expiring contract with far less value to their team? The only reason they would is if they got young talent in return or draft picks. Something I really hope the Knicks don't do.

Just wait for Chandler to be a FA.
The Hornets are in a financial shit heap though and are rumored to be trading both Chandler & Peja this off season for the sake of Johnny Ca$h. Apparently Mark Cuban is going to make a mad run at Chris Paul this off season while the Hornets are desperate to save/trade as much money as possible.

After they inevitably get bumped from a demoralizing first round, the want to trade is going to be boosted even more.

Collectively throughout 4 games, these are Chandler's accumulative stats:

18 points

18 boards

1 block

2 assists

4 or 5 turnovers

fouled out in the blowout of game 4.

And he's in bad condition health wise.

dave2138

Rotation player
yeah, but they can't save any money by trading Tyson Chandler since his contract expires after next year. The only reason they would trade him at this point is if they could include Peja Stojakovic and get 2 expiring contracts in return.

I don't know about you, but I don't want anything to do with Peja Stojakovic who is still signed for 2 more years. The knicks taking advantage of New Orleans financial issues would be something the knicks of old would do. Hopefully, things are different and they just worry about getting under the cap first.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Tyson Chandler

Tyson chandler's contract gives him $11.85M next year and he has a player option for 2010 at $12.75M. Given the questionable state of his health and the level of his play, unlike LeBron nd DWade, he is not likely to exercise his 2010 option to become a free agent. He will take his $12.75M with a thnk you. That, I am sure is one of the reasons the Hornets are likely to try to move him.

We are currently stuck with Curry through 2010. We are not going to move him, if at all, until, or perhaps short of, the trading deadline. And then only if comes into camp in shape and ready demonstrate some skills. As a result, I do not expect us to touch Chandler before we eliminate Curry. Otherwise we mess up the 2010 "master plan."

Red

TYPE-A
Chandler should pay 50% of his salary to Chris Paul. Without him, he is NOTHING. If The Knicks go after him they are dumb, besides I think we've had enough of those Bulls players, don't you?

LOL at Knick fans souring on players we could possibly get. "Beggers can't be choosers" and right now all we're missing is the cup and a piece of cardboard the stinch already exists! Stop thinking we're gonna acquire 5 all-stars in 1 season. Understand we have to BUILD through the draft, f/a, trades wheeling and dealing getting solid players, building their value ect... Reminder: We have one of the WORST teams in the league! Why are fans bitchin about acquiring different players? Why are fans "over-valuing" Lee and N8? Do you understand we could of achieved the same poor results had we started our players from the D league for less than half the price tag? We actually paid for what we got this last season and then some have nerve to bitch about who they don't want....SMH!!!!!!!!! nothing personal I know Chandler was hurt and isn't a superstar but maybe he's a stepping stone. And def better than any big we currently have.

ANU

Starter
it's highly doubtful, but if paul is ever in the market in his prime, this team better be the top suitor.f dallas.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
just a random thought, could the "coach of the year" curse strike again? who was the coty last year? u guessed it byron scott. if the hornets lose game 5 (which seems to be a given to many ppl) and start off next season a lil slow, scott cud be the next victim and lose his job. who wuda eva thought last year he cud possibly lose his job? seems like a possibility. is mike brown next?

TunerAddict

Starter
just a random thought, could the "coach of the year" curse strike again? who was the coty last year? u guessed it byron scott. if the hornets lose game 5 (which seems to be a given to many ppl) and start off next season a lil slow, scott cud be the next victim and lose his job. who wuda eva thought last year he cud possibly lose his job? seems like a possibility. is mike brown next?

Lets cross our fingers...

I highly bet that the Hornets would take Hughes' expirer straight up for Tyson Chandler. They want more younger pieces, I'm guessing.