Your expectations of our players is absurd

Didn't mention a PG whatsoever when talking about Melo and I never said anything about us needing an elite PG so your basically disagreeing with an assumption you came up with yourself...

Melo=You didnt, I'll give you that.

STAT=Well I guess premier doesnt mean the same as elite in your eyes.

Chandler=I do know that Solid doesnt mean elite, but its still a PG.

But lets stop dilly dallying with words. Basically its not anything wrong with the players at all. They are what they are. The coach needs to adjust...

smokes

Huge Member
Melo=You didnt, I'll give you that.

STAT=Well I guess premier doesnt mean the same as elite in your eyes.

Chandler=I do know that Solid doesnt mean elite, but its still a PG.

But lets stop dilly dallying with words. Basically its not anything wrong with the players at all. They are what they are. The coach needs to adjust...

All I was giving was examples of how STAT has previous performed well with a premier PG, he has always had one. Up until now. I wasn't stating he or they NEED one, they only need a competent one.

And yes I agree, the whole point of this thread is that there is nothing wrong with our players or roster just as a team we cannot come together at the moment.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm confident STAT would be scoring 25 PPG on 49% shooting or better if he even had a LEAGUE AVERAGE point guard.

The problem is that TD and Shumpert are so far beyond below average that it isn't even funny.

I'm confident STAT would be scoring 25 PPG on 49% shooting or better if he even had a LEAGUE AVERAGE point guard.

The problem is that TD and Shumpert are so far beyond below average that it isn't even funny.

I'm sure STAT would be the greatest player of all time if he was named Michael Jordan....

smokes

Huge Member
I don't like to say I told you so but, I think it's clear from how we are playing now that I was right about this.

People we're flaming Fields and Shumpert like crazy when I wrote this. Look at them now.

Some people have got to stop being so reactionary and jumping down our players throats at the first sign of weakness. Our roster is strong and our players are strong and they will bounce back.

Next on the list is Amare and Melo. Amare started to show signs of coming back to at least being a good contributor offensively. I'm happy with that, as these guys grow together as a TEAM which they haven't been doing until 1 week ago, they will only get stronger.

If I was on Twitter, I'd apologize to Landry!

I was a douchebag when criticizing him earlier this season.

Not neccessarily for the criticism itself, but the way I criticised him, like he was some idiot.

Like I said, if I was on Twitter or in case I should ever meet him in person I'd definitely apologize to him!

iSaYughh

Starter
I don't like to say I told you so but, I think it's clear from how we are playing now that I was right about this.

People we're flaming Fields and Shumpert like crazy when I wrote this. Look at them now.

Some people have got to stop being so reactionary and jumping down our players throats at the first sign of weakness. Our roster is strong and our players are strong and they will bounce back.

Next on the list is Amare and Melo. Amare started to show signs of coming back to at least being a good contributor offensively. I'm happy with that, as these guys grow together as a TEAM which they haven't been doing until 1 week ago, they will only get stronger.

+1, props where props due. :agreed:

Kiyaman

Legend
Red... Are you high? Why on earth are you attacking my posts when in the very first one it says clearly and simply that I believe the main reason this team struggles is due to MDA... Sometimes I think you really don't know how to read!

However these fans seem to believe Melo should play like Lebron, Shump should play like CP3, STAT should have Hakeem like post ability, TD is a PG not a combo guard, Fields should be a dead-eye shooter... The list goes on...

NO! Our players are who they are and for better or worse that's who we have on our roster. Our players are not going to change, only the way we play them. The sum of our parts could be so much better, if utilized correctly.

Red....was right, no matter how much make-up or paint u put on it....
u wrote to damn much....it doesnt really matter what round a player come
into the draft....a player is suppose to define his talent to the "role" his
headcoach give to him.
Our headcoach Dantoni "dont" give out any roles to rookies or veteran players....
any success Dantoni had/have comes from having "complimentary-players" in
a lineup. The Knicks 7 game win streak came from complimentary-defensive-
team-effort from certain (hungry 2012 FA) players....taken advantage of an
oportunity they didnt have in the previous 25 ISO games (think Woodson).

timeout.gif

****Buzzer sound!
Times up Smokes.

You wrote all of this but forgot...
You ALREADY used your "player" excuse. That's a technical foul... one shot and the ball.
Hahahahahahahah....

Now that we've seen this ineptitude for three years, with scores of different players...
We KNOW it's the coach.
Sorry. Better luck next time. Good try though.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

TakMan

Rotation player
headcoach give to him.
Our headcoach Dantoni "dont" give out any roles to rookies or veteran players....

Our offence also seems to have picked up since the arrival of a PG. We are probably shooting around the same 3pt%, however we are now able to add a variety of offensive moves to our repertoire which includes a dangerous presence in the paint. Any coach would suffer stagnation and offensive limitation if he had absolutely no playmakers on the team. I dare say when Davis is fit, we will definitely be a top 3 team in our conference. Woodson has definitely worked wonders on the defence.

smokes

Huge Member
headcoach give to him.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

Yes coach coach coach... In a thread that's not about the coach :rolleyes: you and Red just can't help yourselves!