Knicks:
NYK_Shumpert_Iman.jpg
4770.jpg
NYK_Anthony_Carmelo.jpg
3607.jpg
3512.jpg

Game Preview:

New York Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni is calling his team's poor play a "crisis."
Milwaukee Bucks coach Scott Skiles is doing his best to defuse the possibility of a feud with volatile shooting guard Stephen Jackson.
The Knicks have dropped four straight while the Bucks are 0-8 on the road heading into Friday night's matchup at Madison Square Garden.
New York stars Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire struggled in a 91-88 home loss to Phoenix on Wednesday, combining for 35 points and shooting 12 of 44.
"I know we're 6-8, I know we're in a little bit of a crisis here," D'Antoni said. "But we're playing hard, playing good defense. There's some good things we're doing. We've just got to figure out the one part and that's the part that should be easiest.
"It's become a problem, and if we solve it, we'll be pretty good. We just have to do it sooner rather than later."
Milwaukee (4-9) is off to its worst start on the road since losing its first 16 in the 1976-77 season. The Bucks' latest issue involving Skiles and Jackson, though, stemmed from a 105-95 home loss to Denver on Tuesday.
Jackson did not play in the second half after missing all six shots and scoring two points in 17 minutes. He later said that he would take the blame for the defeat if that was Skiles' intention after Milwaukee's third straight loss.
Both parties said at practice Thursday that the remarks were a non-issue.
"I know that Jack wants to win, no matter what he would say after a game," Skiles said. "I know he wants to win. I'm not concerned about him."
Jackson has totaled 18 points and shot 6 of 26 over the last three games.
"I wear my emotions on my sleeve, what you see is what you get and I say what I feel," Jackson said. "That's just me."
Both teams continue to struggle offensively. The Knicks have failed to reach 100 points in six straight games, their longest such stretch with Anthony and Stoudemire together.
"We can't keep making excuses," Stoudemire said. "We need to start pushing forward and get over the hump offensively."
The Bucks shot 41.8 percent Tuesday. Skiles also did not use Andrew Bogut over the final 17 minutes after the center had two points and five rebounds.
"We're not close to really understanding yet how hard we have to play and how hard we have to compete and attention to detail and a whole bunch of things like that," Skiles said.
Milwaukee has won 10 of 12 meetings with New York, taking three of four last season as Brandon Jennings averaged 20.5 points.
Anthony made his Knicks debut with 27 points and 10 rebounds in New York's lone win, 114-108 at home Feb. 23. He and Stoudemire combined for 53 points in the other matchup at MSG, but Jennings led Milwaukee to a 102-96 victory with 37 points March 25.
Biggest Matchup:

brandonjennings.jpg

act_iman_shumpert.jpg

Brandon Jennings is averaging a career high 18.7 points per game on a career high .450 FG %. It will be interesting to see how Shumpert holds his own against a lightning fast PG like Jennings.

Knick that needs to step up:
large_1.18img5.jpg

Carmelo had his worst game of the season on Wednesday against Phoenix, he shot 5 for 22 and we can't have that performance from our superstar if we want to be a contender. When he sees that his shot is off, he needs to start facilitating more and get everyone else involved instead of just iso,iso,iso.

Songs of the night:

Lets Go Knicks!!!
tehmeena-Knicks-hot.png

Last edited:

CoolClyde

way to go with the thread, AFP! good matchup, Shump vs Jennings.
damn Buckos have weirdest looking lineup ever, Flintstone-like.
hate Stephen Jackson. 8-game road losing streak? how can the Knicks possibly lose? oh wait... our coach can't play ball without a true PG.
However, I have faith in this game and this team: Shump ended last game on a 3-point tear, A'mare is almost back in the flow, Chandler is man handling consistently, Laundry is folding much neater than ever, and Melo cannot POSSIBLY have another sh*tty shooting game like that. KNICKS 106 - 98.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Dumbtoni said he'll be playing... the sad thing is even if I heavily criticize Carmelo right now nobody else on this team can win this game for us... another night of unwatchable Knicks playing iso again and again...

Dumbtoni said he'll be playing... the sad thing is even if I heavily criticize Carmelo right now nobody else on this team can win this game for us... another night of unwatchable Knicks playing iso again and again...

I know, but (healthy) fan favourite Stoudemire doesn't exactly play up to his role, does he? When a banged up Melo doesn't carry us on isolation plays you get 7/22 - 6 turnover nights by Stoudemire, ALL season long.

Eman

Benchwarmer
The Bucks have provided the Knicks with tough competition in the past (worked us hard in Carmelo's first game as a Knick and then even beat us later in the season at the Garden) so it should be interesting.

fender0577

Rotation player
Nice thread Amare, you my friend, are a true fan.Now as for the game, the bucks have played us tough since the days of MO Williams.That little dude, use to give us 30 at the Garden, so i hope we come to play tonight.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Nice threat brother, praying to not have a crappy weekend and an 0-4 homestand, and I have much more faith in this game than the Nuggets tomorrow but in any event, as pissed as I've been, let's go Knicks!!!

Nice threat brother, praying to not have a crappy weekend and an 0-4 homestand, and I have much more faith in this game than the Nuggets tomorrow but in any event, as pissed as I've been, let's go Knicks!!!

I actually think it's the other way round. Just a feeling, Milwaukee has been a bad matchup for us the last couple of meetings.
I think Denver suits us more and we'll beat them, especially because most people think we'll lose to them.

The Knicks always do the opposite from what people expect them to do it seems.

KingCharles34

All Star
Im gonna predict Stats stat line for tonight

14 points (4-15), 6 for 8 from the free throw line
4 rebounds
3 turnovers

Im not expectin much from Atari

I hope Melo's healthier then he was the other night, Shumpert and him will have to carry the offense tonight.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I just wanna see non stop energy and effort, if we bring that every game we'll barely lose. We get up for big games but shit the bed when we got gimmes right in our face. I hope STAT attacks their front court hard. Carmelo should go off hopefully he gets some easier shots because the team isn't helping him at all. I hope Fields plays the way he did last game. Tyson brings it every night and Shumpert is a rookie so he's up and down but always brings the D so hopefully he contains Young Money, guys love to go in at the Garden especially on a Friday Night

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Thanks for the thread AFP!! It's solid.

Neway, we have to win this game.

..have to.

We're not where we want to be but we should be able to beat this Bucks team half asleep.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Alright, Friday Night Knicks w/ Robert Randolph... check
Wings... check
Beers... check

Come on and give me some excitement Knicks!