JR Swish resigned

I wanted AI to be our Jason Terry

He won't ever come back to the league though, its obvious Stern is black balling him. Every owner in the league Quietly promised to never let him on any of their teams again. Why you think he hasn't even been on one D-League team.

Paul1355

All Star
AI in a Knicks uniform would make me cry in a good way.

I would also have tears of joy...just imagine the hype in NY.....

-First bball team in brooklyn
-D Will resigning
-Johnson getting traded
-Dwight probably being traded to Nets

-Lin probably resigning so more of Linsanity all year
-Kidd comes to stick it to Nets fans
-Camby has a home coming

-AI is a knick!

The many storylines all capped off with AI to the Knicks...that would be fantastic hahahah

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Boooooo. Should have gotten someone consistent on and off the court. Hopefully Kidd can tame this guy. He only gets hot when it doesn't matter...

STAT1

Starter
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
J.R. Smith done seeking offers and has accepted #Knicks 20-percent bump to $2.8M. Second year is player option.

Good news. All the pieces are falling together nicely. If we can now do a S&T of Gadzuric for KMart & sign Mo Evans to the vet min I will be doing cartwheels over this offseason. :peace:

skisloper

Starter
he is a streak shooter but when he is on the game is over.

For all of you that LOVE JR is now clear after all of these crazy contracts thats you have seen that we knicks fans are a bit nuts...

JR is signing for 2.8 million.....not a single team offered him anywhere near the deal Novak got or anyone else.......THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT....!!!!!

with that said with Kidd and Camby in the locker room along with Chandler I do think JR will be put in place....just hope woodson does not use him like a fool again.

we still need a SG ...melo and jr do not need to be on the court together

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
For all of you that LOVE JR is now clear after all of these crazy contracts thats you have seen that we knicks fans are a bit nuts...

JR is signing for 2.8 million.....not a single team offered him anywhere near the deal Novak got or anyone else.......THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT....!!!!!

with that said with Kidd and Camby in the locker room along with Chandler I do think JR will be put in place....just hope woodson does not use him like a fool again.

we still need a SG ...melo and jr do not need to be on the court together

How do you know what teams offered him, were you in the room when his agent were working on the deal.

Some fans would rather be right in there own mind then express happiness when our team clearly got the better end of a deal.

Lets keep it moving with good pickups:gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I really wanted Mayo

I would have very much liked to have Mayo on board, too. I think an added year of maturity under the guidance of Woody, I believe that JR Smith can become something more than Mayo. Circumstantial and resting on hope, but if he can be reined in, JR Smith can (hopefully will) become what he's always been capable of becoming, and I think that's something better than what Mayo can become.

If not better, then on par. They're both underachieving, IMO.

Crazy⑧s;241145 said:
I would have very much liked to have Mayo on board, too. I think an added year of maturity under the guidance of Woody, I believe that JR Smith can become something more than Mayo. Circumstantial and resting on hope, but if he can be reined in, JR Smith can (hopefully will) become what he's always been capable of becoming, and I think that's something better than what Mayo can become.

If not better, then on par. They're both underachieving, IMO.

Yeah it makes me a bit worried that we have to potentially rely on JR Smith for half the season. But he has shown strides.

mayo_art.jpg

WE CAN STILL HOPE!!!!

Great, I'm glad we kept him. We are going to need skilled players with some heart and durability at the guard positions. A very smart move in resigning JR.

mafra

Legend
Needed JR. Got him at a bargain price.

LIN, KIDD, SMITH, SHUMP is much better than what we've had... But still, there are questions. Def. could use Randy Foye. Dare to dream.

RealNYK78

Rookie
Proof NBA have a list of...

Knuckle Heads they won't give $$$$ too...but this deal make sense but again No one in 8 yrs let Smith start...They still need a defensive guard for the perimeter...Funny Lin 29 million..Novak n Fields over 10 million..and JR Smith deal is lowest but he most talented LOL...