MIKE D plays DEFENSIVE Players so STOPPP THE NONSENSE.

what cracks me up about you idiots ont his site, is the fact that Mike D who sticks with his philosophy gives burn and has given burn to a multitude of players who are not offensive gurus on the court.

whether it be kurt thomas who did play significant minutes in pho for him

or boris diaw who was a terrible offensive player when he came into the league, and mike D turned him into an all around special player for pho when amare went down

or jared jefferies who is the worst offensive player I have ever seen, who started for us due to his defensive skills

or rony turiaf, who has no legitimate post moves what so ever, but has played in just about every game he has suited up for because his defensive presence

we started timofey mozgof in hopes he can provide shot blocking and size in the paint

we drafted tony douglas because he was the defensive player of the year in the ACC.

Mike D pushed for the pick up of raja bell as a defensive stopper to match up with kobe in the playoffs

I remember mike D giving steven hunter alot of burn off the bench avg 1.5 blks per game, as a horrible offensive player, but a valid back up for amare because he played defensive.

same as bo outlaw, who they picked up that year for defensive, but bo was injured a majority of his time there, so that never panned out.

The point is, mike has consistently played non offensive minded, defensive gifted players through out his career as a coach in the NBA.

so please stop with this crap about he only plays offensive players, because its untrue.

When shaq went to the suns, that team was stacked, and mike played shaq well into his system, revamping shaqs statistical output, only to fall to the spurs in the playoffs, because shaq couldnt make his foul shots ( literally thats why they lost, I remember being at hooters watching the game in atlantic city, and couldnt believe how many he missed down the stretch, and Mike D's face was like ? )

Mike D plays defensive players, and gets the best out of them offensively.

our only issue is we just dont have enough players on our team to take us to the level we want, defensive or not defensive, we need more playable bodies, if randolph wasnt a head case, looking over to the bench after each miss, he would be playing, and if azabukie wasnt in street clothes same thing.

the fact is, we are still in "rebuilding" mode, although we are progressing, I myself didnt predict we would be locked into the 6th seed, and no one else did either.

if I remember our predictions were literally, 7-8 seed, 40-42 wins.

a few weeks ago when we hit that long hard stretch, every one was like

"we will be 10 games below 500 by february"

well , we beat the spurs by 13, beat the thunder, the bulls, dismanted the suns and blazers, lost a hard fought battle to the jazz, and like alot of teams coming back from a rough west coast trip, we had a let down game against the kings.

either way.

we are in good, if not better shape than expected

and I am still excited about the direction we are going .

Shaq

Steven Hunter

Jared Jefferies

Kurt thomas

Rony Turiaf

Timofey Mozgof

all listed as NBA centers

scouted as defensive minded players.

Any more stupid questions ?

oh and how can i forget

amare stat stoudemire is playing center for us and 3rd in the league in blocked shots.

because mike doesnt get the best out of his pl;ayers defensively.

the fact of the matter is, down the stretch, most likely 15-18 of our 22 wins were won because we got defensive stops, big shot blocking, and forced teams to take bad shots.

its just hard when you play this pace to hold opponents to less ppg, being there is more shots taken on both ends.

get your eyes cleaned, we are a good defensive team, with league leading shot blocking in the middle, between amare and turiaf, next to the lakers and celtics we are probably as dangerous in the middle with regards to shot blocking as any team in the league.

we just arent deep enough

hands down

our bench

SUCCCCCKKKSSS

Shaq

Steven Hunter

Jared Jefferies

Kurt thomas

Rony Turiaf

Timofey Mozgof

all listed as NBA centers

scouted as defensive minded players.

Any more stupid questions ?

Steven Hunter played 13 min a game in 04/05 and Mike D let him walk. He wasnt developed.

Kurt Thomas had a mid range jumper. His defense and rebounding were not the primary reasons he played.

Jared Jeffries isnt a center.

Moz is relegated to the bench. Have you noticed that?

Turiaf? Lets see what happens when Gallo comes back. His minutes have been sporadic at best.

You called me stupid (I'll let it pass) but if you think Mike D plays these guys major minutes because of what they offer defensively you're kidding yourself...

oh and how can i forget

amare stat stoudemire is playing center for us and 3rd in the league in blocked shots.

because mike doesnt get the best out of his pl;ayers defensively.

the fact of the matter is, down the stretch, most likely 15-18 of our 22 wins were won because we got defensive stops, big shot blocking, and forced teams to take bad shots.

its just hard when you play this pace to hold opponents to less ppg, being there is more shots taken on both ends.

get your eyes cleaned, we are a good defensive team, with league leading shot blocking in the middle, between amare and turiaf, next to the lakers and celtics we are probably as dangerous in the middle with regards to shot blocking as any team in the league.

we just arent deep enough

hands down

our bench

SUCCCCCKKKSSS

You know why we lead the league in shot blocking? Because no one fears going to the basket on us. If you've noticed its a parade to the rim game after game. Teams are abusing us in the paint game after game. Giving up 107 pts a game is not a good defensive team no matter what offensive strategy you use...

You know why we lead the league in shot blocking? Because no one fears going to the basket on us. If you've noticed its a parade to the rim game after game. Teams are abusing us in the paint game after game. Giving up 107 pts a game is not a good defensive team no matter what offensive strategy you use...

well my moronic mental midget

you failed to recognize the purpose of this thread

it was the idea that we wont get a big man who plays defensive because mike WONT play them

I never said we were a great defensive team, or that mike was a great defensive coach,

read the thread title fool

I said that he will play defensive players

if we get marc gasol or marcus camby or another good shot blocking center

they will play

I just provided evidence that make isnt so cut and dry that if a guy cant shoot he wontplay them

youre talking about their defensive prowess , im talking about if we get defenders we will play them

sad part is we arent deep enough right now to play 48 mins of solid defense, because once 2 or 3 startes come out, we cant score any more, and then things get rattled

READ THREADS READ WORDS

dont just respond on your own terms, when the purpose of the thread had nothing to do with whether we were a good defensive team or not

it had to do with whether or not mike will play defensive players

and I proved

he will.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^^ Best post(s) of 2011.:thumbsup:

Game Over on this one.

MD's only true flaw is some in-game coaching, meat and potatoes plays following time-outs and stuff. Mediocre. Maybe he gets overly infatuated with his evolutionary "system".

No defense, not liking defensive players, not trusting youth, not giving difficult players chances, etcetc. Pure myth and total bullshit; and disproven in his short NYC career alone.

it was the idea that we wont get a big man who plays defensive because mike WONT play them

I never said we were a great defensive team, or that mike was a great defensive coach,

they will play

I just provided evidence that make isnt so cut and dry that if a guy cant shoot he wontplay them

youre talking about their defensive prowess , im talking about if we get defenders we will play them

sad part is we arent deep enough right now to play 48 mins of solid defense, because once 2 or 3 startes come out, we cant score any more, and then things get rattled

READ THREADS READ WORDS

dont just respond on your own terms, when the purpose of the thread had nothing to do with whether we were a good defensive team or not

and I proved

he will.
...........get your eyes cleaned, we are a good defensive team, with league leading shot blocking in the middle, between amare and turiaf, next to the lakers and celtics we are probably as dangerous in the middle with regards to shot blocking as any team in the league........

My bad you said we're a "GOOD" defensive team not a "GREAT" defensive team. I guess being one of the worst teams in the league at giving up points is good in your eyes. But I gotta get my eyes cleaned.

Oh the title of your thread is true. If those defensive players can shoot from 15ft or more.

I didnt want to beat you down but I have no choice being that you want to hurl insults. Lets check the facts:

Mike D has never played anyone major minutes that would be considered a defense stopper.

Mike D's teams ALWAYS rank in the bottom of the league in points allowed.

Mike D has NEVER given anyone over 6ft 8 major minutes. Why? The taller you are the less likely it is that you can shoot from distance. THIS IS THE PRIMARY FACT ANNIHILATES your claim.

He never plays a player because of his defense. The title of your thread shows a lack of knowledge for the coach of the team you root for. Defense is a by product of him playing TD. If TD was shooting like Mason right now he'd get NO BURN. If you cant see this you're an idiot. I dont even know why I bothered to reply to this thread. I knew you were a numb skull when I started reading it...

moneyg

Starter
its called lack of defensive schemes..situational adjustments

they will play

READ THREADS READ WORDS

and I proved

he will.

O'antoni is not a good defnsive coach.. just because he occasionally play a defnsive player or two.. doensty mean squat.. he rather play mostly offensive player..

the simple fact is that.. O'antoni lacks a defnsive scheme for the team... ive seen worse defender play good team d...and ive seen good defensive player.. get abused.. becuz the team lack defensive attribute..likr no when to switch.. when not to...when to force a player baselin.. or towards the middle

who gonna cover this angle and that angel..

that he not as good at..

STAT admitted it.. O'antoni doenst preach dfense and lacks skills in comin up with a scheme from game to game

everybody in the league knows that..

his philosiphy is to outscore you.. which he does a good job of...if we are off on the offense.. there is no way we win...

at all

O'antoni is not a good defnsive coach.. just because he occasionally play a defnsive player or two.. doensty mean squat.. he rather play mostly offensive player..

the simple fact is that.. O'antoni lacks a defnsive scheme for the team... ive seen worse defender play good team d...and ive seen good defensive player.. get abused.. becuz the team lack defensive attribute..likr no when to switch.. when not to...when to force a player baselin.. or towards the middle

who gonna cover this angle and that angel..

that he not as good at..

STAT admitted it.. O'antoni doenst preach dfense and lacks skills in comin up with a scheme from game to game

everybody in the league knows that..

his philosiphy is to outscore you.. which he does a good job of...if we are off on the offense.. there is no way we win...

at all

EXACTLY!!! +1

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
...........get your eyes cleaned, we are a good defensive team, with league leading shot blocking in the middle, between amare and turiaf, next to the lakers and celtics we are probably as dangerous in the middle with regards to shot blocking as any team in the league........

My bad you said we're a "GOOD" defensive team not a "GREAT" defensive team. I guess being one of the worst teams in the league at giving up points is good in your eyes. But I gotta get my eyes cleaned.

Oh the title of your thread is true. If those defensive players can shoot from 15ft or more.

I didnt want to beat you down but I have no choice being that you want to hurl insults. Lets check the facts:

Mike D has never played anyone major minutes that would be considered a defense stopper.

Mike D's teams ALWAYS rank in the bottom of the league in points allowed.

Mike D has NEVER given anyone over 6ft 8 major minutes. Why? The taller you are the less likely it is that you can shoot from distance. THIS IS THE PRIMARY FACT ANNIHILATES your claim.

He never plays a player because of his defense. The title of your thread shows a lack of knowledge for the coach of the team you root for. Defense is a by product of him playing TD. If TD was shooting like Mason right now he'd get NO BURN. If you cant see this you're an idiot. I dont even know why I bothered to reply to this thread. I knew you were a numb skull when I started reading it...

Isn't STAT 6'10'?? He plays 37 min per game.. Ronny Turiaf is 6'10'' too dude. Your not making sense.:alert:

Edit*

And.. Jared Jeffries also received big minutes and he was 6'11''. I guess either reality means nothing, you don't actually watch the team, or you just "not really up on things". Which is it?

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
^^^ Best post(s) of 2011.:thumbsup:

Game Over on this one.

MD's only true flaw is some in-game coaching, meat and potatoes plays following time-outs and stuff. Mediocre. Maybe he gets overly infatuated with his evolutionary "system".

No defense, not liking defensive players, not trusting youth, not giving difficult players chances, etcetc. Pure myth and total bullshit; and disproven in his short NYC career alone.

Yep..

Unfortunately for us we'll continue to have to read Clydeandthepearl grind the sh*t out his proverbial axe; the same one he's been at since he got to the forum.

Isn't STAT 6'10'?? He plays 37 min per game.. Ronny Turiaf is 6'10'' too dude. Your not making sense.:alert:

Got the two threads jumbled. As I said in the other besides STAT, Kurt Thomas and McDyss (because they can shoot) Mike D has no use for bigs that can bring other things to the table...

moneyg

Starter

height means nothin.. turiaf is a better defender than STAT.. thats a fact

Ben Wallace is like 6-8 and he has always played center.. becuse he string and can handle bigs... he know how to play defense in the post without creating fouls... aight...

Stat is strong but more of a finese player

guys please use logic...

Yep..

Unfortunately for us we'll continue to have to read Clydeandthepearl grind the sh*t out his proverbial axe; the same one he's been at since he got to the forum.

You know why I'm grinding? I watch this team nightly and cant come up with a rhyme or reason why Mike D does some of the things he does. Its insanity. He does the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome against teams with size. We're getting abused in the paint. But he continues to try to outscore teams with a small lineup.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Got the two threads jumbled. As I said in the other besides STAT, Kurt Thomas and McDyss (because they can shoot) Mike D has no use for bigs that can bring other things to the table...

Yea but how can you say he has no use for defensive minded bigs when he plays Turiaf regularly.. Common dude seriously??

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
height means nothin.. turiaf is a better defender than STAT.. thats a fact

Ben Wallace is like 6-8 and he has always played center.. becuse he string and can handle bigs... he know how to play defense in the post without creating fouls... aight...

Stat is strong but more of a finese player

guys please use logic...

What do mean height means nothing?? Isn't that the point of Clydeandthepearl's bellyaching?

Secondly I was arguing a specific point w C&TP. He said Mike D doesn' play guys who are over 6'8''. All I did was post clear evidence that is not the case..

And you find fault w that?? SMH

Yea but how can you say he has no use for defensive minded bigs when he plays Turiaf regularly.. Common dude seriously??

I cant decipher this because Turiaf is injured so often. But, when he leaves the game and we're getting abused in the paint he puts in a 6/9 shooter (Williams) in the game. Matching him up against post players. Not a good move...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I cant decipher this because Turiaf is injured so often. But, when he leaves the game and we're getting abused in the paint he puts in a 6/9 shooter (Williams) in the game. Matching him up against post players. Not a good move...

Seriously>>? That's you're excuse for not acknowledging Mike D plays defensive minded players,"I cant decipher this because Turiaf is injured so often".

Are you watching the games??

When Turiaf is available he plays. Plain and simple.

He's not a shooter.

He brings defense and rebounding.

Mike D plays him. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.