Kobe wants to be traded

metrocard

Legend
Kobe value is higher than Lebron based on the fact that Kobe is a 3 time champ

Thats the past, I'm speaking of now. Kobe hasn't gotten out of the first round since Shaq left town.

Lebron advantages over Kobe
Size(Has the size to play the 4)
6 years younger
Strength
Verstility(Can play and guard 3 positions)
Explosiveness
Passing(Superior at getting his teammates involved, no matter if they're cold)
Defense(Kobe's defense year wasn't great, Lebron proved statitically and in game he's becoming an elite defender, shutting down PG's, SG's and SF', his preformance against Billups was clutch)
Leadership, Kobe hasn't lead his team out of the first round since Shaq left LA.

You showed Kobe's stats at 22. Lebron has superior stats in PPG, FG%, Assist, REBS, steals

I'll take Kobe's jumpshot over Lebron's though, Kobe's jumpshot is unstoppable.

Lebron is the better overall player, and he's 8 years away from his prime, thats how scary good he is.

Lebron should be next year's MVP, I can see him averaging over 30 points per game, 8 rebs and 7 assist.

Lebron's Cav won 2 game against Detroit in the Playoffs.

Kobe only won ONE game against the Detroit team, playing with Shaq, Malone, Payton and an experienced Lakers bench.

If Cavs defeat Detroit, it'll just validify my agruement for Lebron being a more valuable player than Kobe now and in the future.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
You showed Kobe's stats at 22. Lebron has superior stats in PPG, FG%, Assist, REBS, steals

Yeah. Why would you make a statement that Lebron is the superior talent at 22? You make the comparisson with Kobe now? Your frame of reference was 22 so that's what I used! If Lebron doesn't win this year, then I'm right. Kobe's assist numbers are down cause he doesn't have guys making shots. Your arguement is silly because Kobe plays the triangle. The SG is supposed to be your assassin. Kobe has done this better than all SG before him, save Michael Jordan. Right now, the Lakers only have 2/3 of a triangle anyways. Kobe has only Odom, and he shows up 2/3 of the time. Kobe is the best SG in the league. Lebron may be better ultimately one today, today however that honor belongs to Kobe. if he gets to 30 8 7 that's great. He has to remain healthy to achieve that, and nobody knows what the future holds. Again Detroit was the best starting five, in maybe the last 15 years? They also weren't coming apart from the inside. Guys on the Lakers weren't on speaking terms, how would anyone figure they'd win? They had zero chemistry at that point. For Lebron to surpass Kobe, he's gotta run the table...three years in a row. They you run the head to head at that point. Kobe's in his prime and still the best SG in the L.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Lebron right now is proving he's more valuable than Kobe. Kobe has Lamar Odom, who would be the 2nd best player on the Cavs, and young talented team. I can't see guys like Daniel Gibson scoring a career high being on Kobe's team. Kobe one on one is dominant, completely dominant and unguardable. I rather have Lebron's value, or Nash's value or Garnett's value over Kobe's one on one dominance.

Lebron leads the NBA at his position in holding his opponents to the lowest PPG. Lebron played shut down defense on Chauncey Billups in game 4which made the Pistons offense totally non productive. On top of that, Lebron is a triple double machine. Lebron is the most EXPLOSIVE player in the NBA, and one of the strongest perimeter scorers you can find. Not even an elite defender like Prince can stop Lebron. Lebron even has the ability to get his teammates involved. He isn't a selfish player and his potential is crazy. This isn't to you, but in general I'm sick off people turning Lebron away cause they don't want to buy the hype. Lebron is only about 22 years old and is already showing leadership ability, Lebron is way ahead of a 22 year old Kobe. Kobe's defense wasn't even that GOOD this season, even Laker fans will admit. Nash is the two time MVP, you have to put him on the top 3-5, no matter how bad his defense is. Dwight Howard isn't TOP 5 yet, I would agree, but the kid is an animal and will be a 26ppg/14 rebs/2blks per game type player if the Magic stop being fools and get a REAL PG cause Jameer is one of the worst starting PG's in the NBA, Dwight deserves better.

My point is, I would definately pick Lebron and Dwight over Kobe because they're high character guys loaded with immense potential, who are already good young defenders along with their ability on offense. If Kobe isn't happy in LA, why would he enjoy New York? Kobe needs to sit back, and give the Lakers one more year.

I enjoy reading trade proposals, but this one over the border line.

I can't see the Lakers giving away their draft pick, their franchise player who's a top 3-5 NBA player, and their best defensive big man for bench players and a Stephon Marbury.

No doubt... you make good points... but the lakers in the East would be a 50 win team... they won 45 (i think) in the loaded west... not shitting on Lebron... but the Cavs in the West would probably be no better than LA...and Kobe's D was so bad this season because NO ONE can handle the pressure of the entire scoring load AND the defensive pressure and make it... Lebron is a beast... he is going to be the best player in the league in 2 years max... but his man for most of the night (Rip) was running him ragged and scoring nasty fadeaways over him... Chauncy was guarded by Pavlovic, Gibson, etc for most of the game because Mike Brown realizes that Lebron is still foul prone on the perimeter... no disrespect to Bron or DHoward (the hype is real... haters accept it)... but at this stage... i would still take Kobe...

I think he's upset that the lakers lack direction... i think now that IT knows what he's doing... we might have a clearer path than LA... and you think Kobe could pass up the possibility of bringing a title back to NY after 35 years??? I think that's his incentive...

also... LA would probably pull the trigger on this one cuz it gets them cap space next year after Francis and Malik's contracts are up (21 mil total) that they can use to sign Garnett... if they take Steph... they get a quality 1 for a few seasons... they also get Mr. Energy Renaldo Balkman who I think is going to develop into a beast as well... AND... if you're gonna suck for a season... next season is it... it's the OJ Mayo sweepstakes in 09... I think LA would draft protect their pick too (not every GM is IT)...

This trade gives LA flexibility and youth at the end of the season... similar to the shaq trade (Brian Grant, Odom, Butler, chips and salsa) except with more emphasis on the cap room...

LA's Lineup would be:
Steph/Francis, Evans, Balkman, Odom/Brown, Bynum
Mihm, Smush, Radmanovic, Cook

Fran

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Yeah. Why would you make a statement that Lebron is the superior talent at 22? You make the comparisson with Kobe now? Your frame of reference was 22 so that's what I used! If Lebron doesn't win this year, then I'm right. Kobe's assist numbers are down cause he doesn't have guys making shots. Your arguement is silly because Kobe plays the triangle. The SG is supposed to be your assassin. Kobe has done this better than all SG before him, save Michael Jordan. Right now, the Lakers only have 2/3 of a triangle anyways. Kobe has only Odom, and he shows up 2/3 of the time. Kobe is the best SG in the league. Lebron may be better ultimately one today, today however that honor belongs to Kobe. if he gets to 30 8 7 that's great. He has to remain healthy to achieve that, and nobody knows what the future holds. Again Detroit was the best starting five, in maybe the last 15 years? They also weren't coming apart from the inside. Guys on the Lakers weren't on speaking terms, how would anyone figure they'd win? They had zero chemistry at that point. For Lebron to surpass Kobe, he's gotta run the table...three years in a row. They you run the head to head at that point. Kobe's in his prime and still the best SG in the L.

You're right about Kobe being better now... but the statistical comparison at 22 is pointless... Kobe was the #2 option on the team and didn't have the responsibility of bringing the ball up... setting up the offense and executing a play... Ron Harper/Brian Shaw took care of ball responsibilities... Shaq was the best player on the team in those years...

Lebron is bigger, stronger and faster than Kobe was at 22... he is a superior leader... and the closest thing to Oscar Robinson we've seen in a generation (Jason Kidd is 2 inches shorter than Big O)... Lebron will one day make history as a leader... Kobe made history as an incredible talent and a passionate player... but Lebron's game is more advanced at this age... you can't deny that...

metrocard

Legend

and guys on Clevand make shots for Lebron? Did you see game 1 and 2? Lets be fair here, Lebron doesn't have the greatest supporting cast in the NBA. Their 2nd best player at times was Sasha, Gooden or Anderson Varejao. Hughes has been a bum all season, but Lebron gives the other guys a chance to get involved regardless, which adds to his leadership skills. Lebron kept passing and getting guys invovled. Kobe dominates the ball in isolation, because he doesn't have confidence in his teammates. The difference between Kobe and Lebron is that Lebron is much more matured at 22 than a 22 year old Kobe. Lebron trusts his teammates, and this is why Lebron is in the conference finals and Kobe isn't.

Kobe is the best SG in the league, I'm not debating this because Lebron doesn't play SG. Lebron is the best wing player in the NBA, and the better all around player. Kobe is a superior SG and a superior scorer/jumpshooter. Lebron is more dominant all around.

Lebron is better NOW and will continue to get better than Kobe, that day already has come today today. Lebron has accomplish more as a player this season than Kobe has. Kobe is superior at his position, you are correct about that, but Lebron is the superior player. Give me a 22 year old powerful explosiveness defensive triple double machine over an 29 year old agile unguard dominant scoring machine, thank you.

Zero chemistry? well, how do you get the finals with zero chemistry? That makes absolutely no sense and didn't help your agruement. Do I have to remind you Lakers were the heavy favorites in that series? They got embarassed, Kobe got exposed in that series dude. They had four hall of famers in their line-up, there was so much hype around that team, no team in the West could touch them and most people in the NBA thought they would sweep the Pistons. That was the end of Kobe's golden career as a champion, now he struggles to get out of the first round on a yearly basis. He can't ride Shaq no more for championships. Lebron is facing the same Pistons team without Ben Wallace, a more matured Billups, Hamilton, and Prince with the addition of Webber. They may not have a bench of Mike James and Okur, but they're still in that caliber of being an elite team. Point being, Lebron has stepped it up like no one expected. We'll see tonight where the Cavs will take on the Pistons, a Cavs win would be HUGE, because no one expected the Cavs to win atleast 3 games against Detroit.

Its comical that you say Lebron has to win 3 titles in a row to be better than Kobe. I guess Kidd, Nash, Garnett, Duncan are all inferior to Kobe then, huh? Hell, I guess no one can touch Rick Fox either, dude got them rings, same with Horry, who probably according to you is the greatest PF of all time for riding Shaq for 3 rings.

What happends when Lebron averages 33 ppg 9 rebs 9 assist, wins the MVP of the league and makes all first defensive team and wins one title, but not 3? Oh wait, according to you...Kobe is still the GOAT.

Starks

Starter
people get back to topic!

anyway based on the latest reports, the whole Kobe trade drama is just smoke in mirrors. he's rescinded his remarks, and now it looks like he aint going anywhere. Reason???? Phil Jackson. thats why

metrocard

Legend
people get back to topic!

anyway based on the latest reports, the whole Kobe trade drama is just smoke in mirrors. he's rescinded his remarks, and now it looks like he aint going anywhere. Reason???? Phil Jackson. thats why

A cry for help

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
May 31, 2007

So, has Kobe Bryant's tantrum finally ended?

First, he wants to be traded. Nothing will change his mind.

Well, wait. He isn't sure. Maybe not.

Oh, never mind. He talked to Phil Jackson. He feels better. They'll figure this out together.

And on and on he goes, Bryant controlling the news cycle on an hourly basis now, changing course, causing re-writes, relentlessly manipulating his move over the Spurs and LeBron James as the story of these NBA playoffs.

Bryant is out of his mind right now, but in his element. This national debate over his future goes a long way to sooth his endless ego.

In the end, Bryant won't be traded. Nor will he want it. Mostly, this embarrassing episode has been a chance to blow off steam, flex his muscle and give everyone a good laugh with the signature line on his blog entries that says, "Strength and Honor, Kobe Bryant."

As much as Bryant wants to win, he wants everyone to empathize with him, acknowledge just how horrible he has it. Rest assured, it's been duly noted. In the end, there is no trade the Los Angeles Lakers can make to assure that they'll keep filling the Staples Center, that they'll have the star power necessary to stay relevant in Hollywood.

Jerry Buss has no inclination to ever trade one of the rare few ticket sellers in the sport, and Bryant doesn't want to leave Los Angeles.

Sure, he has his moments. He thinks about it. When he woke up Wednesday morning, he had gone back to that deep-seeded desire he's long had to take his act to Madison Square Garden. It was no coincidence that he chose Stephen A. Smith's New York radio show on Wednesday to say that he wanted a trade out of L.A.

Whatever. Bryant isn't leaving, but if he did, several league sources believe he wants to play for the New York Knicks. And that includes one high-ranking Western Conference executive, who said, "I think he would only go to New York."

Wherever he would go in the Eastern Conference, that team would immediately be a conference championship contender. Kobe with almost anyone would be comparable to the Cavaliers with LeBron. A third team, maybe even a fourth, would be needed to create a circumstance where Bryant could be traded to the Knicks. There's no way Buss could sell Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford, the core of a 30-win East garbage bin, as the Lakers' new era.

Perhaps the strongest suitor for Bryant would be the Chicago Bulls, whom he did talk with as a free agent three years ago. They could offer a combination of Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas and a lottery pick. Atlanta Hawks? Bryant would never go there. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban would have major interest in him and the assets to make a trade possible, but the Lakers would try hard to move him out of the West. And as one Pacific Division general manager said Wednesday night, "No way would the Lakers trade him to a division rival, (but) I don't think he'll get traded anyway."

For now, Bryant is raging over a so-called "Lakers insider" quoted in the Los Angeles Times saying that Shaquille O'Neal's departure was Kobe's fault. He wants this employee fired, because remember, Kobe has never manipulated his guys in the press to push his own agenda.

These Lakers, as lost as they are constructing a contender, supported him unconditionally through his rape charges, flew him back and forth on a team jet from hearings in Colorado, and his reward to them? Opting out of his contract, and threatening to leave for the Los Angeles Clippers. But now, Bryant says he has "trust issues" with the Lakers.

Anyway, he spent most of his late day on Wednesday backpedaling on his demand for a trade. He isn't going anywhere, and chances are, he'll stop talking soon. He has done enough damage to his name, his Lakers, and cost them considerable leverage dealing with the rest of the league this summer.

He'll be the center of everything this summer, probably all the way until he starts railing on Team USA G.M. Jerry Colangelo for his inability to surround Bryant with enough talent to beat Brazil in the FIBA Americas championship this summer. By then, Kobe will be calling for Colangelo to work a deal for Manu Ginobili.

Wow...Kobe is so dramatic.

Trin_Starr

Starter
nice post metrocard...i just about to throw that up there.

with this being the quote of the century:
but if he did, several league sources believe he wants to play for the New York Knicks. And that includes one high-ranking Western Conference executive, who said, "I think he would only go to New York."

metrocard

Legend
Lebron is incredible. Surrounded by mediocore talent and a dumbass coach yet somehow finds himself in the Eastern Finals. Marv albert has covered the nba for 40 years and even he was saying it was one of the best he's ever seen. this guy has seen everyone from wilt to jordan. Amazing, 25 straight points from everywhere, dunks, 3 pointers, mid-rangers, and anything you can think of. Essentially 29 straight points.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Lebron vs. Kobe....dag we all knew it was going to comedown to this one day.

Overall Kobe is a more dominant player...since he is probably the only player in the league that can constantly pull up and fadeaway from double teams 15-20 feet from the basket and knock them down everytime. The only weak spot on kobe is that he doesn't know when to pass the ball and defensive minded coaches know this. This is why he's always putting up big numbers because coaches are allowing him to get his 50 and not allowing him to get his teammates involved offensively. No one in NBA history can win a ring by himself...Jordan was the closest but even he had help. So until Kobe has faith in his teammates, he won't win another ring.

Lebron...after that performance last night I think half the country jumped back on the bandwagon. Lebron is a freakish athlete that has talent only God can give him. He's the type of player that comes every 25 years. Now, everyone wants to say that lebron is the best player in the league but he has so many faults and holes in his game that he should be considered in the top 5 just because of his athleticism. There is no doubt he will become the best player in the league. He has all the attributes to become the true "King" of the league. But his jumpshot and his decision making is still costing him games at times. Such as times he should penetrate but instead passes it or shoots a fadeaway jumper from 20 feet when we all know his jumpshot is suspect at times. There is no one on detroit that can stop lebron from getting to the basket...NO ONE. And he is starting to know this and that is why he was getting to the basket at will at the end of the game. If Detroit had Ben Wallace then they would stand a chance but now that Lebron knows he has detroit against the ropes and he can get to the basket at will...Detroit's odds aren't good.
1.Duncan
2.Kobe
3.Lebron
4.Nash
5.Nowitski

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I heard Kobe is backing down and saying that he didn't mean it that way, and will stay with the Lakers. I bet that the GM of the Lakers offered him somekind of bonus to stay with the team and back from what he had.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Nope, the trade talk is very much alive - but it is being kept under wraps.
After talking to Buss, Phil and Magic - kobe still said he wants to be traded.
MOST LIKELY DESTINATION: THE NY KNICKS!

Here's an EPSN chat with Chris Sheridan:

Phil (Chicago): Kobe isn't going anywhere, is he?

Chris Sheridan: (1:10 PM ET ) I disagree. I think he's getting traded, and I think the Knicks or Bulls are going to get him. There's going to be a colling off period here whether KB24 likes it or not because Jerry Buss is heading off to China on vacation, but I think Kobe is outtathere when it's all said and done.

Jon: Your Kobe destination list is pretty short. Why NY or Chicago? What will either team have to give up to get him? Also, I understand that Chicago has "all the pieces" to make a deal, but they don't need a guard.....

Chris Sheridan: (1:23 PM ET ) Kobe has a no-trade clause, which essentially means he can veto a trade to any destination he does not find desirable. So if he goes in there and officially demands a trade, he can also dictate to them which teams he'd accept a trade to. I don't see him going to any small-market team, and I don't see the Lakers trading him anywhere in the West. So you narrow the list down to major-market teams that are close to being championship contenders, and you get the Bulls and Knicks. (Philly wouldn't be close enough to championship level with what it would take for them _ Iguodala and Andre Miller for starters _ to get Kobe. Maybe Boston could get him for Pierce, but it'd be a huge reach to say that would make the Celtics an elite team in the East. so again, you come back to the Bulls and Knicks, and then it would be a question of which guy is more desperate to to whatever it takes to get him. And that would be Isiah, not John Paxson.

Sean: (Albany NY): what could the Knicks give up to get Kobe?

Chris Sheridan: (1:26 PM ET ) It could be something like Marbury, Frye, Lee and their pick for Kobe and Radmanovic, or if the Lakers didn't want Steph you could substitute Crawford and take Vlade out of the equation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DJ (Englewood): Yeah Isiah may be desperate but isnt Marbury the most untradeable guy in the league? Kobe or no Kobe, if the Lakers have to choose between a worn down Stephon and what Chi's offering, isn't it academic?

Chris Sheridan: (1:31 PM ET ) You don't know what Chicago would be willing to offer. It wpould take three of their core guys to make the Lakers bite, and I'm not including Ben Wallace (not a rebuilding piece) or Kirk Hinrich (base-year compensation) in the list of core guys who might be in any Bulls offer. You you'd basically be talking about a deal that would have Gordon and Tyrus Thomas and/or Deng in it, along with Nocioni (who would have to be sign-and-traded) to even get close to matching salaries. Would there be enogh left on the team to compete for a championship if they had to lump all that together to get Kobe? I think not, which is another reason why I'd take the Knicks over the Bulls as a likelier destination if and when a Kobe deal goes down.

John (Los Angeles): Chris, I don't why you think New York only has to give up role players in Frye and Lee; and a cap killer in Stephon Marbury for Kobe. While you are saying Chicago has to give up their three of their core young talent. Wouldn't the Lakers be better off with a choice of two from Gordon, Thomas, and Deng than if they took Frye and Lee. And nobody wants Marbury. Your New York trade scenerio doesn't make any sense.

Chris Sheridan: (1:50 PM ET ) If the Knicks had to bid against 28 other teams, the offer would be substandard. But again, if this thing goes forward, they're only going to be bidding against the other teams on Kobe's short list. That'll make a huge difference. And remember, the Knicks have a lot of other young, semi-attractive pieses they could sweeten a deal with (Renaldo Balkman, Nate robinson, Randolph Morris, next year's No. 1 pick).

Pat (D.C.): The Bulls could resign P.J. Brown to a one year deal to make up the cap difference if the Bulls only gave up two core players.

Chris Sheridan: (1:54 PM ET ) If you do a sign-and-trade, it has to be a three-year dea. That's why Nocioni, not P.J., would be the main sign-and-trade piece.

CL: Chris, is there something you're hearing other than what Kobe presented via his various radio interviews that makes you think he's going to be traded or is it a hunch? The last we heard from him, Kobe vehemently stated he wanted to stay with the LAKERS and was hoping they could work something out. Wouldn't it be far more likely that the LAKERS make a move to satisfy him? Moving the best player in the game wouldn't make too much sense and they really don't HAVE to trade him if they don't want to (Kobe wouldn't hold out).

Chris Sheridan: (1:58 PM ET ) The last thing Kobe said publicly and definitively was to Mike Bresnahan of the LA Times, and that was on Wednesday night when he said he still wanted to be traded. Go to his Web site, www.kb24.com, and read what he wrote that night about "a new road ahead." Now that's not the only piece of information I'm basing my throries on, because I'm pretty well-sourced. But if you read that entry, and you go back and listen to the tapes of Kobe talking out of both sides of his mouth all over the airwaves, and you factor in stuff I'm hearing about how this breakup has been building a lot stronger and for a lot more time than people realize, you'll start to come over to my side of the table on this one.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
There are now differences between rumors and actual happenings. The trade is dead. Lakers announced nothing, and Kobe took back what he said.

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2007/05/kobe_bryant_is_not_asking_for_a_trade.html
"Okay, so this has been all over the place in the past 24 hours. Let’s run down the sequence of events:

1) ESPN’s Ric Bucher says that Kobe Bryant will demand a trade if Jerry West isn’t rehired as the Lakers’ general manager.

2) Kobe says that’s not so to the LA Times. (The trade request part, not the Jerry West part.)

3) ESPN’s Steven A Smith, on Monday’s NBA Shootaround, says he’s talked to Kobe and Bucher was telling the truth. Kobe will demand a trade.

Now the latest - Kobe has typed up his own statement for release on his website. A portion is below.

I have NOT asked to be traded, I don’t want to be traded and I have given no ultimatums or demands of being traded.

I love it here in LA, my family loves it here. I’ve been a laker fan my whole life. A REAL Laker fan! I’m talkin Silk Wilks days, and know the history of the Lakers going back to George Mikan era. I WANT to retire a Laker and contend for titles.

It is my opinion that Mr Clutch, one of the greatest GMs the game has ever seen would b able to get us to back to that level sooner rather than later. If he is available, then it makes sense to give him the reigns and let him do what he does BEST. I KNOW I can trust him to build us an elite team.

Since there are typos in there, you know it’s real. It’s also in a section called “The Truth”, so it’s even like labelled clearly as not being “The Lie”. Not only that, but it’s next to a huge picture of Kobe’s head.

What can we learn from this?

Basically, that ESPN is trying to spice up both their NBA Playoff coverage and their summer trade rumor thingies. You know that Kobe’s name will officially be in play for rumored trades by guys like Sam Smith and Jay Mariotti (who’s already on it) no matter what now.

It remains to be seen how ESPN will refute Kobe’s insistance that they’re lying, but there’s no doubt they shall find a way."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18893597/
"Kobe talks to Phil, backs off trade request
Lakers star changes tune hours after saying he wanted to be dealt"
((Updated: 3:27 p.m. ET May 31, 2007 on msnbc.com))

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
There are now differences between rumors and actual happenings. The trade is dead. Lakers announced nothing, and Kobe took back what he said.

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2007/05/kobe_bryant_is_not_asking_for_a_trade.html
"Okay, so this has been all over the place in the past 24 hours. Let’s run down the sequence of events:

1) ESPN’s Ric Bucher says that Kobe Bryant will demand a trade if Jerry West isn’t rehired as the Lakers’ general manager.

2) Kobe says that’s not so to the LA Times. (The trade request part, not the Jerry West part.)

3) ESPN’s Steven A Smith, on Monday’s NBA Shootaround, says he’s talked to Kobe and Bucher was telling the truth. Kobe will demand a trade.

Now the latest - Kobe has typed up his own statement for release on his website. A portion is below.

I have NOT asked to be traded, I don’t want to be traded and I have given no ultimatums or demands of being traded.

I love it here in LA, my family loves it here. I’ve been a laker fan my whole life. A REAL Laker fan! I’m talkin Silk Wilks days, and know the history of the Lakers going back to George Mikan era. I WANT to retire a Laker and contend for titles.

It is my opinion that Mr Clutch, one of the greatest GMs the game has ever seen would b able to get us to back to that level sooner rather than later. If he is available, then it makes sense to give him the reigns and let him do what he does BEST. I KNOW I can trust him to build us an elite team.

Since there are typos in there, you know it’s real. It’s also in a section called “The Truth”, so it’s even like labelled clearly as not being “The Lie”. Not only that, but it’s next to a huge picture of Kobe’s head.

What can we learn from this?

Basically, that ESPN is trying to spice up both their NBA Playoff coverage and their summer trade rumor thingies. You know that Kobe’s name will officially be in play for rumored trades by guys like Sam Smith and Jay Mariotti (who’s already on it) no matter what now.

It remains to be seen how ESPN will refute Kobe’s insistance that they’re lying, but there’s no doubt they shall find a way."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18893597/
"Kobe talks to Phil, backs off trade request
Lakers star changes tune hours after saying he wanted to be dealt"
((Updated: 3:27 p.m. ET May 31, 2007 on msnbc.com))

but it is just as likely that the lakers told kobe to chill so they can get value from the deal... i still suspect they would want cap relief and would take malik, steph, frye/lee and balkman... kobe is basically in control of the situation... a no trade clause and an opt out clause in two years... kobe's a smart guy... he realizes this and is setting up his move to ny... first loud and clear... now quietly... i don't think he's losing his mind... i think he's frustrated and wants out before his two years are up... now the lakers asked him to chill so they can make it happen...

metrocard

Legend
Lebron vs. Kobe....dag we all knew it was going to comedown to this one day.

Overall Kobe is a more dominant player...since he is probably the only player in the league that can constantly pull up and fadeaway from double teams 15-20 feet from the basket and knock them down everytime. The only weak spot on kobe is that he doesn't know when to pass the ball and defensive minded coaches know this. This is why he's always putting up big numbers because coaches are allowing him to get his 50 and not allowing him to get his teammates involved offensively. No one in NBA history can win a ring by himself...Jordan was the closest but even he had help. So until Kobe has faith in his teammates, he won't win another ring.

Lebron...after that performance last night I think half the country jumped back on the bandwagon. Lebron is a freakish athlete that has talent only God can give him. He's the type of player that comes every 25 years. Now, everyone wants to say that lebron is the best player in the league but he has so many faults and holes in his game that he should be considered in the top 5 just because of his athleticism. There is no doubt he will become the best player in the league. He has all the attributes to become the true "King" of the league. But his jumpshot and his decision making is still costing him games at times. Such as times he should penetrate but instead passes it or shoots a fadeaway jumper from 20 feet when we all know his jumpshot is suspect at times. There is no one on detroit that can stop lebron from getting to the basket...NO ONE. And he is starting to know this and that is why he was getting to the basket at will at the end of the game. If Detroit had Ben Wallace then they would stand a chance but now that Lebron knows he has detroit against the ropes and he can get to the basket at will...Detroit's odds aren't good.
1.Duncan
2.Kobe
3.Lebron
4.Nash
5.Nowitski

I see Kobe dominant at scoring, but as a player, Lebron is the best all around.

As overall players

1. Duncan
2. Lebron
3. KG(why is everyone forgetting about the Big Ticket?)
4. Kobe
5. Nash

As overall value

1. Duncan
2. Lebron
3. Nash

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I see Kobe dominant at scoring, but as a player, Lebron is the best all around.

As overall players

1. Duncan
2. Lebron
3. KG(why is everyone forgetting about the Big Ticket?)
4. Kobe
5. Nash

As overall value

1. Duncan
2. Lebron
3. Nash

You right you right...after what Lebron has done this playoffs and the impact of his presence on the floor...you gotta put Lebron over Kobe. But no one hasn't forgot about the big ticket. He just can't win. And it's not all his fault. He has probably the worst GM tactic-wise to build a team around a superstar. McHale has surrounded KG with mediocre talent. The young talents he drafted aren't too bad but that roster in general is garbage. KG can only do so much. And it was another mistake to put KG below Dirk. Dirk doesn't deserve to be over KG.

Gods of the Game
1.Duncan
2.Lebron
3.Kobe
4.Jason Kidd

But if we're going on pure talent

1.Duncan
2.Lebron
3.Kobe
4.KG
5.AI

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
You right you right...after what Lebron has done this playoffs and the impact of his presence on the floor...you gotta put Lebron over Kobe. But no one hasn't forgot about the big ticket. He just can't win. And it's not all his fault. He has probably the worst GM tactic-wise to build a team around a superstar. McHale has surrounded KG with mediocre talent. The young talents he drafted aren't too bad but that roster in general is garbage. KG can only do so much. And it was another mistake to put KG below Dirk. Dirk doesn't deserve to be over KG.

Gods of the Game
1.Duncan
2.Lebron
3.Kobe
4.Jason Kidd

But if we're going on pure talent

1.Duncan
2.Lebron
3.Kobe
4.KG
5.AI

taking nothing away from bron... been down since the High School Diaries era (real heads recognize)... but he did play injury depleted washington and jersey without kristic... the only real threat he played was DET... and he dismantled them... but the cavs were clearly the better team in the series (and yes, i thought that going in to the series)... Lebron is a better rebounder, passer and leader than Kobe... he also has good anticipation on defense so he can play the passing lanes... Kobe is a better shooter, on the ball defender and overall scorer... so it's still close for me... KG ranks down with Dirk cuz he can't finish games off...

Best in the game...

1. Duncan
2. Kobe/Lebron
3. J Kidd
4. Garnett
5. Nash

technically this is a top six... but i agree with you that Lebron is launching before our eyes (against DET at least)... the real test is how well the team does against SA...