The Knicks will be taking on the Mavs
knicks.jpg

nba_dime5_268.jpg
johnson_289x171.jpg

_1190428_sprewell300.jpg

houston.bmp

Isiahisout01.jpg

p1.walsh.jpg

The Dallas Mavericks haven't played too well during a soft part of their schedule. A home matchup against the New York Knicks might help them get back on track.
The Mavs look for their ninth consecutive victory over the Knicks in Dallas on Thursday night when the teams conclude their season series.Dallas (21-13) is playing the last of six straight games against teams with records under .500, and while the Mavs are 4-1 thus far in that stretch, the last four performances have been less than desirable.They trailed by double digits in the second half of wins over Minnesota and Philadelphia last week before losing by 20 points Sunday at last-place Memphis, but they rallied to beat the Los Angeles Clippers 107-102 at home on Tuesday after taking an 18-point lead in the first half.Dirk Nowitzki's blocked shot and go-ahead jumper in the final minute helped Dallas win for the 11th time in its last 13 home games."Terrible. We had a good lead and we let up," said Nowitzki, who had 34 points. "They got whatever they wanted offensively. We couldn't get any stops."New York (13-20) felt the same way in its first game against Dallas this season. The Knicks allowed the Mavs to go on a 19-2 run over the final 7:26 of their meeting at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 16 before losing 124-114 in overtime.Nowitzki scored seven of his 39 points in the extra session and grabbed 15 rebounds, raising his career averages against the Knicks to 25.3 points and 9.0 boards.On Tuesday, Dallas needed a game-ending 11-1 run and went ahead to stay on Nowitzki's high-arching 11-footer with 37 seconds remaining."We're going to have to be a lot better on Thursday because New York is an improving team and they put a lot of pressure on you with their transition game and the 3," coach Rick Carlisle said. "We're going to have to be better on Thursday."New York opened a four-game road trip against Western Conference foes with a 107-99 loss to lowly Oklahoma City on Tuesday, two days after beating defending world champion Boston 100-88.The Knicks, who lead the NBA with 29.3 attempts from 3-point range per game, took 34 shots from beyond the arc against the Thunder because they fell behind by 23 points in the second half.New York hit 11 of those 3-point attempts and shot 39.8 from the field overall in falling to 5-12 away from home."We dug ourselves a hole and tried to climb our way out of it and just came up short," said forward Al Harrington, who scored a team-high 21 points and went 4-for-6 from 3-point range. "No disrespect to those guys, but we were supposed to win this game."Harrington is averaging 23.5 points and shooting 51.9 percent (14-for-27) from beyond the arc over his past four games. Nate Robinson hasn't had similar success for the Knicks over that span, making 9.5 percent of his 3-point attempts (2-for-21).New York was trying to post consecutive victories for just the second time since mid-November."It's a learning process, learning how to win two, four or 10 games in a row," first-year coach Mike D'Antoni said. "It's having that mentality that nothing else matters for the next two hours."The Knicks have lost 13 of 14 to the Mavs. They've dropped eight straight in Dallas since a 100-93 victory on Dec. 16, 1999. -espn.com

Dallas is a 81% favorite

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="8" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Gameday Matchup</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td>
</td> <td>W-L</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PA</td> <td>HOME</td> <td>ROAD</td> <td>STK</td> <td>L10</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">NY</td> <td>13-20</td> <td>103.9</td> <td>107.2</td> <td>8-8</td> <td>5-12</td> <td>L1</td> <td>2-8</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">DAL</td> <td>21-13</td> <td>99.6</td> <td>97.0</td> <td>11-6</td> <td>10-7</td> <td>W1</td> <td>7-3</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">2008-09 Season</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td colspan="3" align="center">Dallas leads 1-0</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>Sun 11/16</td><td> DAL 124, @ NY 114</td><td>Recap | Box Score</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>Jan 8, 2009</td><td> NY @ DAL</td><td>8:30 PM ET</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" bgcolor="#cccccc">? Complete Schedule: Mavericks | Knicks</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Injury Report</td></tr><tr class="colhead" valign="top"><td>NEW YORK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>? Tim Thomas PF - Jan 6: Day-to-Day
? Jared Jeffries C - Jan 6: Day-to-Day
? Eddy Curry C - Jan 6: Day-to-Day
? Stephon Marbury PG - Jan 4: OUT
</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" valign="top"><td>DALLAS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>No significant injuries</td></tr> <tr><td> ? Fantasy Injury News
in.gif

? View NBA injury report </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" colspan="2" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Last 5 Games</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"> <td width="50%">NEW YORK (ET)</td> <td width="50%">DALLAS (ET)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"> <td>Jan 06 @OKC Loss 107-99
Jan 04 BOS Win 100-88
Jan 02 IND Loss 105-103
Dec 30 @CHA Win 93-89
Dec 28 DEN Loss 117-110
</td> <td>Jan 06 LAC Win 107-102
Jan 04 @MEM Loss 102-82
Jan 02 PHI Win 96-86
Dec 30 MIN Win 107-100
Dec 28 @LAC Win 98-76
</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2">? Complete Schedule: New York | Dallas</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Depth Chart</td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>POS</td><td>NEW YORK (PPG)</td><td>DALLAS (PPG)</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">PG </td><td align="left"><nobr>C. Duhon 12.0</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>J. Kidd 8.4</nobr></td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">SG </td><td align="left"><nobr>Q. Richardson 11.6</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>D. George 4.3</nobr></td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">SF </td><td align="left"><nobr>W. Chandler 14.6</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>J. Howard 18.2</nobr></td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">PF </td><td align="left"><nobr>A. Harrington 20.6</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>D. Nowitzki 26.2</nobr></td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">C </td><td align="left"><nobr>D. Lee 14.8</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>E. Dampier 5.4</nobr></td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">? View full depth chart
? Team rosters: New York | Dallas</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Team Stat Leaders</td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td> </td><td>NEW YORK</td><td>DALLAS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Points</td><td nowrap="nowrap">A. Harrington 22.6</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">D. Nowitzki 26.2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>Rebounds</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Z. Randolph 12.5</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">D. Nowitzki 8.5</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Assists</td><td nowrap="nowrap">C. Duhon 8.3</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">J. Kidd 8.5</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>Steals</td><td nowrap="nowrap">N. Robinson 1.5</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">J. Kidd 2.5</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Blocks</td><td nowrap="nowrap">W. Chandler .8</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">E. Dampier 1.3</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">? Team stats: New York | Dallas</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" colspan="5" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Today's Line</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="center"> <td width="28%">FAVORITE</td> <td width="18%">OPEN</td> <td width="18%">CUR</td> <td width="24%">UNDERDOG</td> <td width="12%">O/U</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="center"> <td>@DALLAS</td> <td>-9</td> <td>0</td> <td><nobr>NEW YORK</nobr></td> <td>--</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead"><td>ATS</td><td colspan="2" align="center">New York</td><td colspan="2" align="center">Dallas</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>Record:</td><td colspan="2" align="center">13-20-0 (.394)</td><td colspan="2" align="center">21-13-0 (.618)</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>As Favorite:</td><td colspan="2" align="center">5-5-0 (.500)</td><td colspan="2" align="center">17-9-0 (.654)</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>As Underdog:</td><td colspan="2" align="center">8-15-0 (.348)</td><td colspan="2" align="center">4-4-0 (.500)</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>At Home:</td><td colspan="2" align="center">8-8-0 (.500)</td><td colspan="2" align="center">11-6-0 (.647)</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>On Road:</td><td colspan="2" align="center">5-12-0 (.294)</td><td colspan="2" align="center">10-7-0 (.588)</td></tr></tbody></table>
Game-Thread-Mavericks-2-1.jpg

LEADERSHIP WORKING
TOGETHER
NYK

Thanks for joining me for knicksonline I'm JPZ17
Stay classy New York
Go New York Knicksssss!
gamethread.png

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread JPZ....hope Chandler to have a nice game....and look for Nate Robinson to have a bounce-back game...he's gonna be huge for us today, we need him to be on point if we gonna pull of an upset.....

i wanna watch Eddy Curry and how he'll do in this system...

New New York

Quiet Storm
I like The Game Thread JP even on short notice.

Why is Q-Rich starting over Harrington still? Look I know he is an ol Dantoni favorite but enough is enough. Richardson has looke nice in the post at times, but we dont go to that enough. Slide Wilson to the 2 and start Al at the 3 so we can start getting off to better starts and not playing catch up.

Oh yeah... Go Knicks, Die Mavs!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If Nate plays another Crawford-esque game, I'll be starting the Trade Robinson chants.
It's funny how you can support scrubs like Mardy Collins and Anthony Roberson, but yet you bash Nate Robinson.

This game should be close. The Knicks are probably hungry for a win, after the loss to the Thunder. I don't know who's going to win, but I don't see a blowout. It should be close to the end.

latiger12

Rookie
It's funny how you can support scrubs like Mardy Collins and Anthony Roberson, but yet you bash Nate Robinson. <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0">

<embed src="http://www.latourgolf.net/la-tour-golf-nets/pages/1955/are-pro-golfers-afraid-to-comment-on-tiger-woods-and-that-the-mass-medica-will-construe-it-as-racism.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></object>

This game should be close. The Knicks are probably hungry for a win, after the loss to the Thunder. I don't know who's going to win, but I don't see a blowout. It should be close to the end.

:agreed:Yeah I agree. The lost to the thunder hurts. I think this game is going to come down to the last minute. Hopefully our guys can pull it out.

TunerAddict

Starter
It's funny how you can support scrubs like Mardy Collins and Anthony Roberson, but yet you bash Nate Robinson.

Once again, your closed mindedness keeps you looking like an idiot.

I have no allegiances. Only to the Knicks.

**** players. They come and go. I'll support then while they are on the team, but I don't follow them around through their careers and try to keep their dicks in my mouth as long as possible like you.

Funny though. You can't seem to grasp this concept of the team before the player. You just come and bad mouth me everytime I post about whatever you decide because you can't really fight my arguments...

Of course, the fact that you're following me around like this is kinda creepy...Sorry, you aren't my type. So no, I won't put it in your ass, even though that is apparently what you dream about everynight.

JayJ44

Starter
its good, just u put the knicks as 12-20 on the top when they 13-20. i got a question, is this game on TNT? they usually do games on thursday

No, no games on tnt tonight. Maybe it's because of Barkley's DUI, but probably just because no good games are on tonight.

I like The Game Thread JP even on short notice.

Why is Q-Rich starting over Harrington still? Look I know he is an ol Dantoni favorite but enough is enough. Richardson has looke nice in the post at times, but we dont go to that enough. Slide Wilson to the 2 and start Al at the 3 so we can start getting off to better starts and not playing catch up.

Oh yeah... Go Knicks, Die Mavs!

Harrington provides offense and energy off the bench. Plus, it provides a more defensive starting lineup. Wilson isn't a good enough ball handler or passer to be a 2.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Once again, your closed mindedness keeps you looking like an idiot.

I have no allegiances. Only to the Knicks.

**** players. They come and go. I'll support then while they are on the team, but I don't follow them around through their careers and try to keep their dicks in my mouth as long as possible like you.

Funny though. You can't seem to grasp this concept of the team before the player. You just come and bad mouth me everytime I post about whatever you decide because you can't really fight my arguments...

Of course, the fact that you're following me around like this is kinda creepy...Sorry, you aren't my type. So no, I won't put it in your ass, even though that is apparently what you dream about everynight.
Aw, I hurt your feelings? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said this on another thread, and I'll say it again. I don't start with anobody on here. If you don't want none, there won't be none.

But if you open your mouth wide open, in the same manner that you open your mouth when you simultaneously swallow Anthony Roberon and Mardy Collin's sperm cells down your throat, then you gonna have to get destroyed by a legend.

Sit down, Tunerfaqqot.. :lol: :lol:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I respect Abcd's policy. If you dont want none, there wont be none. But when you call him out what do you expect? If your gonna call ABCD out, at least show some respect. Hes an elite poster on here...

Anyways, who else likes Tina Cervasio? is Curry playing tonight?

JayJ44

Starter
Yall gotta check this video out, its hilarious

LMFAO!! That was the funniest thing I've seen in a while! Thanks man, I needed that.

We're actually playing really well. We're shooting well, and our defense is alright. Yay, Curry is in! And he got a bucket, I'm already impressed. lol

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont know who it is, but if you check the related videos, he did highlights a couple other celtics losses. The Celtics have so many haters...Im loving every second of this, they keep losing :lol:

Jose Barea looks like a good player for Dallas...I wanna see tim thomas step up his play. I think hes still capable of puttin points on the board especially in this system.