2013 NBA draft (rev 2.0)

metrocard

Legend
Agreed, this Schroeder kid is amazing, imagine him and Shump being our backcourt.

The most important players in this draft for the Knicks are

1. Dennis Schr?der
2. Shane Larkin

Dennis Schr?der

Spin move at 2:40.

6"2 PG from Germany
Pick and Roll Master
Lock down defender with Tony Allen footwork
Has Kemba Walker tight dribble skills, can go left and right with his dribble.
Carlos Arroyo ball fake skills, can dribble at slow speed and turn it up in a second to blow by his man.
Hits 3point shots like Leandro Barbosa...excellent spot up shooter, shot 56% from 3pt in his most recent season.
Great maturity for a 19 year old PG, passing skills are advanced for his age.
Despite his very good passing skills, he can also score the ball at will, 20 points are easy for him.
Many compare him to Rajon Rondo, he models his game after Chris Paul.
Weaknesses are his finishing ability and mid range game. Needs to add a floater to his offensive arsenal.

If Knicks get him before the Mavericks, Jazz and Bucks do...we'll have one of the most promising back courts in the NBA with Schr?der/Shumpert

Shane Larkin
Was considered an undersized guard who can't shoot and isn't athletic.
check out this interview

Consider this:
44 inch vertical leap. That's the second highest max vertical leap ever recorded in DX database behind Kenny Gregory's 45.5' jump in 2001. His performance places him a half an inch ahead of Nate Robinson and a full inch better than Vince Carter.

Ty Lawson speed Shane Larkin ran one of the top-40 times in the history of DX database, finishing right on par with the likes of Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, and Mike Conley.

Add that with his shooting ability and mastery of the pick and roll...you found our PG of the future.

Dennis or Shane...these should be our two top priorities.

Wargames

Starter
I really like Glen Rice Jr. I don't see any decent Bigs falling to the knicks at 24 so I hope they get the kid who due to being in the D-League will have the potential to help from the start since he is use to the NBA style format. I think on the low Rice Jr could be an Afflalo type player with the possibility of becoming a true second scorer.

Also I hope the knicks pull a move to grab another high second rounder (in the 30's) for next year that draft is going to be deep.

bigapple

Starter
its Olajuwon not Olajowan but they need to spend again 100k $ Hak will not do that 4 free so other way meet with Dirk.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
1st Round
There are two players that I think this team needs to target:

1. SG Alexa Brines
2. SF James Southerland

Either or could crack the starting lineup, depending if Shumpert stays at the 3 or they move him back to the 2...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I can only hope Grunwald will find a way to get us an earlier pick, what are the odds of picking some real talent at 24th? I checked all draft picks between 2005 and 2011 (2012 is too early to evaluate) and except of 2005 with 4 and 2008 with 6 great picks at 24th and beyond there was little or no talent, Millsap in 2006, Gasol in 2007 and pretty much nothing between 2009 and 2011.

metrocard

Legend
Mavs likely to trade No. 13 overall pick
By Tim MacMahon

The Dallas Mavericks might not actually use the first lottery pick they've owned in a dozen years.

Multiple sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that the Mavs are likely to trade the pick to help create the cap space necessary to make a run at Dwight Howard in free agency. The 13th overall pick has a cap hold of $1,655,300.

Grun, please buy that pick!!!!

CA7

Scoring Champ
By Tim MacMahon

The Dallas Mavericks might not actually use the first lottery pick they've owned in a dozen years.

Multiple sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that the Mavs are likely to trade the pick to help create the cap space necessary to make a run at Dwight Howard in free agency. The 13th overall pick has a cap hold of $1,655,300.

Imagine getting that pick and ending up with Schroder and Dieng

knicksince 93

Rotation player
By Tim MacMahon

That would be tremendous for us considering the state of our first round pics

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Schroder is really becoming my favorite for the draft right now. Really high on digeng and glen rice as well. But my no.1 prospect is schroder look at our team and how its constructed, when did offense come easy? More flow? When priggy was in the game and playing out his mind. That's what schroder will do for us, he has rondo type skills. The perfect fit on our team is rondo (outside Paul) and schroder can be that player. Let's get him over here gurnwald.

Dreams of a shroder/shumpert backcourt

metrocard

Legend
this guy has a 46 inch vertical leap

He's 22 and played for Memphis.

He's a 6"5 PF with a 7 foot wingspan and 8"7 standing reach.
College stats
23 mins
7.6 points
6.6 rebounds
2.2 blocks
0.9 steals
62% FG shooting

He plays with a lot of swagger and defensive intensity. (2.2 blocks in 23 minutes is Ibaka like)

Could be a steal in the 2nd round, if we could buy the pick and draft Schroeder/Dieng/Stephens

we just basically upgraded our youth, defense and athleticism by a mile.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
he moves like rondo,, maybe cause his frame and looks a bit like rondo. any defensive hl of schroeder? does he have any cons? bad tendency, attitude, weakness...etc

metrocard

Legend
he moves like rondo,, maybe cause his frame and looks a bit like rondo. any defensive hl of schroeder? does he have any cons? bad tendency, attitude, weakness...etc

Finishing at the rim. At the NBA Combine, Schroeder only got off the ground for a 34-inch max vertical, while many of the other point guards registered verticals over 40 inches...

Dennis also doesnt have a midrange game. He scores like Leandro Barbosa.

Wargames

Starter
I can't see NY becoming that trade partner with the Mavs unless they fall in love with a guy they think will be there at 13.

I am however really down for Reggie Bullock at 24. He could become the knicks version of Jimmy Butler a 2 way bench player who can defend. I remember the board was excited about the idea of Brewer being that 3 who alongside shump could make the starting line up a nightmare defensively on the wings and for Guards.

[video=youtube;hYP6kMVsec0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hYP6kMVsec0[/video]

If Bullock can shoot that 3 (and he was one of the best as it) The knicks should get him. If the knicks want to take a flyer in the second round and get CJ Leslie & Andre Roberson who at worse could both become Anthony Randolph type players as worse case scenarios but have the upside to both become heavy minute roleplayers.

Eventually I could see the Knicks could have a line up like this.

Felton
Shump
Bullock
Melo
Tyson

That is a tough defensive team that has some guys who can catch and shoot alongside melo and 3 guys who can drive between Felton, Shump, and Melo.

With Amare (health willing), JR, Cope, and Prig (Roberson or Leslie) come the playoffs they could be great.

I mean I don't see the knicks hitting a homerun at 24 in what a lot of analyst are calling a weak draft. However, maybe they could shore up their starting lineup and allow Shump to play his natural position where he can guard against the best 1 and 2's in the draft.

All the knicks would have to do after that is trade Novak whose deal at 3.75 is actually very movable.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Analysts always call the draft weak, but guys like Jimmy Butler aren't lottery picks so you can always find a gem in the 20s.

Wargames

Starter
can we land this guy? loves help defense , long ass arms, 11.1 rebs!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mike-Muscala-6520/

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/mike-muscala

I'm reading up on this kid and I think he might be the Big Man sleeper of this draft. Has an offensive and Defensive game but wasn't up to par with some other big men in college. He did get better every year he was college and Maybe the knicks should take a flyer on this kid and put him behind Chandler as an understudy. Come 2015 if he shows he can be the starter at Center the knicks will have a lot more options for what FA that year.

metrocard

Legend
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mike-Muscala-6520/

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/mike-muscala

I'm reading up on this kid and I think he might be the Big Man sleeper of this draft. Has an offensive and Defensive game but wasn't up to par with some other big men in college. He did get better every year he was college and Maybe the knicks should take a flyer on this kid and put him behind Chandler as an understudy. Come 2015 if he shows he can be the starter at Center the knicks will have a lot more options for what FA that year.

Teams are all over the map on Mike Muscala. Some thing he's a major sleeper. Others don't think he's a NBA player at all. I like him a lot.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2UWw3djGX
http://www.draftexpress.com