4. Gay
5. Granger
6. Pierce
7. Wallace
8. Iggy
9. Chandler
10. Galo

Just missed. Ariza, Beasley

Just my top players I would pick for my team.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Melo's my favorite player..... but, as much as I hate to say it, LeBron deserves some props. Although he is a douche, the gay can straight up ball!

1. LeBron
2. MeloMan
3. Durant
4. Gay
5. Granger
6. Gerald Wallace
7. Iggy
8. Gallo
9. Wilson Chandler
10. Batum

Kiyaman

Legend
1) Lebron-Point Foward
2) Pierce-Point Foward
3) Durant-Point Foward
4) Melo
5) Odom-Point Foward
6) Ginobli-Point Foward
7) Wallace
8) Josh
9)Granger
10) Iggy
11) Deng

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
1) Lebron-Point Foward
2) Pierce-Point Foward
3) Durant-Point Foward
4) Melo
5) Odom-Point Foward
6) Ginobli-Point Foward
7) Wallace
8) Josh
9)Granger
10) Iggy
11) Deng

Melo can be a point forward too, IMO. Given the chance to run the offense, he can get triple doubles any night. imagine him running the pick n roll with Amar'e! :beer:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
1. Lebron James
2. Carmelo Anthony
3. Kevin Durant
4. Paul Pierce
5. Josh Smith
6. Gearld Wallace
7. Rudy Gay
8. Danny Granger
9. Lamar Odom
10. Wilson Chandler

Off the top of my head

1) Lebron-Point Foward
2) Pierce-Point Foward
3) Durant-Point Foward
4) Melo
5) Odom-Point Foward
6) Ginobli-Point Foward
7) Wallace
8) Josh
9)Granger
10) Iggy
11) Deng

Durant is no point foward.. all that guy does is shoot.. Pierce I don't really consider a point foward either. Ginobili is a shooting guard last time I checked..Only ones who are truely point fowards are Lebron, Iggy and Odom. Melo can be once he gets more acclimated with the team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Durant is no point foward.. all that guy does is shoot.. Pierce I don't really consider a point foward either. Ginobili is a shooting guard last time I checked..Only ones who are truely point fowards are Lebron, Iggy and Odom. Melo can be once he gets more acclimated with the team.

^^^ Exactly what I was thinking, spot on. I dunno where Kiya gets this stuff..

Kiyaman

Legend
If Melo had Point-Foward skills him and combo-guard Iverson
(plus J.R. Smith) wouldve went to the WCF rather than just
win 50 games per season....Durant's point-foward skills with
Harden & Westbrook kept Thunders postseason oponents guessin
all the way to the WCF.

The more I watch Landry Fields I see he have the capabilities
to become a decent medium point-foward (like Ginobli) to throw
Knicks oponent a curve-ball suprise in transition.
I want Fields & TD to become Keepers throughout the "Amare & Melo"
contract. Both are HUNGRY!

I'm still wondering what the HELL happen to "Tazman" Balkman....the
Tazman (not this new Balkman) would be great for 18 mpg to give us
providing 5-rbds, 1-stl, 1 blk, 1-put back dunk, 4-fouls, and a helluva-
alot of screens/picks/boxout for all our scorers & rebounders.......
a unit of "SG-Fields/SF-Tazman/PF-Amare" could give rest to a unit of
"SG-Iman/SF-Melo/PF-Turiaf" as a strategic move vs strong competition.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

I agree with this, I remember in Game 2 vs bumston Melo was playing like more like a point foward and it was really effective. If Melo learns how to become more of a point foward and play better D rather than just being a downright scorer I think he can become the best player in the NBA(yeah I said it).

Kiyaman

Legend
^^^ Exactly what I was thinking, spot on. I dunno where Kiya gets this stuff..

u dont see Durant or Pierce point-foward skills untill the 4th quarter....
its the same as u dont see Kobe run the point untill the 4th quarter.
Its a great change of strategy to throw the defense off.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Damnphony dont have a 4th quarter strategy or plan!!!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Why Kiya? Why???

u dont see Durant or Pierce point-foward skills untill the 4th quarter....
its the same as u dont see Kobe run the point untill the 4th quarter.
Its a great change of strategy to throw the defense off.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Damnphony dont have a 4th quarter strategy or plan!!!

So Kobe runs the point-foward from the SG position??? Smh.. None of three guys you mention go into point-forward mode in the 4th quarter. They go into take-over-the-game mode in the 4th tho.

Yes they facilitate when the d-fense adjusts/helps to find open shooters, but this is something different Kiya. Durant, Pierce, Kobe.. they're looking primarily to score first (put Wade in this category too) in the forth which is antithetical to being a point-anything.

When I think of a point forward, I think of guys like Grant Hill, Pippen or Odom.

The guys you mention I wouldn't put in that category.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
James
Melo
Durant
Pierce
Gay
Odom
Granger
Caron Butler
Marion
Wallace

Gallo comes next @ 11

Alot of y'all forgot about a few heads.. :smokin:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
James
Melo
Durant
Pierce
Gay
Odom
Granger
Caron Butler
Marion
Wallace

Gallo comes next @ 11

Alot of y'all forgot about a few heads.. :smokin:

I dunno how I feel about Odom being on that list. It looks so out of place, but the same time, you can't argue against it. But I dunno, I think since he's officially listed as a PF, I'd take him outta there and slide Gallo or Batum in at 10.

I think my list would be:

James
Melo
Durant
Gay
Pierce
Granger
Caron
Marion
Wallace
Gallo/Batum (can't choose between the two)

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I dunno how I feel about Odom being on that list. It looks so out of place, but the same time, you can't argue against it. But I dunno, I think since he's officially listed as a PF, I'd take him outta there and slide Gallo or Batum in at 10.

James
Melo
Durant
Gay
Pierce
Granger
Caron
Marion
Wallace

I hear that.. It's just when I think of Odom's skill-set, even tho he's 6'10'' and become very good at cleaning the glass, he just seems to me to be a small forward. He has the handle, passing ability, range of small forward. He's became more of meat and potatoes kinda player later in his career.

He's like Magic. In that he's 6'10'' but isn't really a natural PF because of his uncharacteristic skill level. Same goes for Gallo.

Kiyaman

Legend

James
Melo
Durant
Gay
Pierce
Granger
Caron
Marion
Wallace

From HS to the NBA Odom has always been a Natural-SF.
It is the same as Wilson Chandler being a Natural-SF.
Do to Bynum being injury-prone throughout his NBA career
PF-Gasol had to start manning the center-spot, and SF-Odom
had to start manning the PF-spot.
As great as Trevor Ariza performance were on the Lakers it was
understandable on the trade between Ariza for Ron Artest who
is able to defend SG/SF/and the PF spots. But Artest is a natural-SF.

In the past decade Pierce has been one of the top-3 unstoppable
scorers in the 4th quarter. This is why I put Pierce above all players
except the elite super-stars like Lebron/ Kobe/ Duncan/ and Wade,
b/c these players under-pressure make stops and score in crunchtime.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
Odom isn't a SF at all. He has barely played the 3 for the Lakers, this season he only started at the 3 in Game 3 of the playoffs because Artest was suspended and the Lakers were desperate. Phil Jackson even said it this year, if I can find the quote. It basically said, "We may try Lamar there, but he hasn't played the 3 for us before."

So Odom should NOT be considered a SF since he plays PF about 99% of the time. He is a PF and usually subs in for either Bynum or Gasol and plays PF then. This season a Bynum/Gasol/Odom lineup only played together 2 minutes and 19 seconds before that playoff game.

Here's one quote: "I haven't played small forward in a couple years now, but it makes no difference, you know what I mean? It's not like [the Mavericks] play a lot of isolation ball with their small forward anyway, or anything like that. So defensively, I won't be on an island or anything like that."- Lamar Odom

82games.com SF usage stats for Odom the last few years: 0% (Which means he played SF, but for a very very short stretch, his other minutes were 65% at PF and 1% at center), 3% with the other 61% at PF, 0% again, 57% at PF, 4% with 66% at PF and 3% at center.

So based on all this, he is a PF. He hasn't played significant minutes at SF since 05-06 where he played 34% of his minutes at SF, and 44% of his minutes at PF. Also the %'s are based off of ALL the minutes you can possibly play (48 MPG), so basically he played 34% of total minutes at SF, and and 44% at PF with the other 22% being on the bench resting.

Last edited: