MELO : James Wade Bosh "join" forces Smart decision

bigapple

Starter
of 2 rings

i am keeping eye on T Wolves and Kevin L he is big guy can do a lot more things than Tyson .

He is exactly connection of Howard and Bargniani.

tiger0330

Legend
Anyone find what he said about rebuilding alarming?
Melo is definitely not sending the right signals to the Knicks that he's a lock to re-sign when he says he wants to win a championship. I don't think he wants to wait until 2015 to find out if the Knicks can sign the pieces to be in contention. The Knicks should be doing their due diligence to see what his trade value is instead of possibly losing him for nothing.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Melo is definitely not sending the right signals to the Knicks that he's a lock to re-sign when he says he wants to win a championship. I don't think he wants to wait until 2015 to find out if the Knicks can sign the pieces to be in contention. The Knicks should be doing their due diligence to see what his trade value is instead of possibly losing him for nothing.

I've been saying it for a while now, but I think it should be Rondo or bust.

If we can't get Rondo (which is not likely right now) then we should trade Melo and try to get some picks.

No one, other than Melo, knows what he's thinking. But to me, it wouldn't make much sense to hang around and struggle, and have no real pieces to build with. Very limited assets in terms of on-roster value & picks. He's in a market where he's carrying the team, but still gets the finger of blame pointed at him. Plus he's in an organization that's so starved for success, it tries to cut every corner imaginable to leap to the top; often hurting it's own chances for any sustained success.

Fans have to understand that players don't think like us. Players who were deemed "loyal" like LBJ and CP3 both left their teams as soon as they got the opportunity to go to a more promising situation.

While I can't exactly see Melo in another jersey, I'm not sure anyone could realistically see LBJ in another jersey until he said "I'm taking my talents to South Beach."

So like him, love him, hate him, the Knicks needs to do something to get Melo to stay. That something involves a plan that's comprehensive to both him, and the business minded people he has in his circle. We can't keep looking at it like he's some idiot that's just gonna be "all-in" for the organization, no matter what.

There's even rumblings of Rose wanting the Bulls to do something to help him when he gets back. He doesn't wanna be a part of a "rebuilding effort." People wanna win... not just make the playoffs and have a good seed to feel warm and fuzzy inside.

From a fan's perspective: Rondo or bust.

Kiyaman

Legend
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/51623/melo-lbj-wade-bosh-smart-to-join-forces

i hope that MELO will not join Heat otherwise there will be only 1 shooter in this leage KD.

Still for me

MELO have no company that plays no d totaly.
Question is WHAT if Knicks will make no trades this season?

Melo = Marbury & Marbury = Melo in New York .. 23 win season.
Dolan's #1 priority trade Melo before Christmas or the new year.....

Melo would be reduce to carrying Charmers & Ray Allen bags on the Heat

Broadway

All Star

That's not what's alarming IMO, because every player who wants to win should want to win a championship.

I can post an article what he said after his first half a season with us(if anyone gives me the go ahead I will)….

Which would blow what he just now said to smithereens. He's essentially pimp slapping himself

What's puzzling is the fact he said "when I first got here I knew we'd take a step back and this would be a 3.5yr rebuild process"…..What so called superstar goes to a team via trade demanding Max extension with an opt out clause(so he can demand a higher max) not expect a championship immediately? Keep in mind he made the statement when we were 3-5 while not a good start by any means, all but supports a throwing in the towel type of mentality. No wonder this team has no direction when there is no leader from within although he's dubbed himself a leader.

"We were starting over rebuilding upon your arrival?…What?"

^^^^^^^^^^Foreallydo!

So this Grease Ball is saying when he first arrived here, we were like any other team who just came off a lottery grab trying to rebuild to win a chip? This statement from him is also an indictment he knew coming via trade, dismantled the team and he was cool with it. What a "Paper Whore Glory Chaser!!!!!"

We need to administer a cure to the team and rid ourselves of this disease that is Melo….I'd feel so ashamed of myself if I was an avid supporter of his, thank goodness I never was. I knew what we were getting before we made the trade…A LOSER!

Last edited:

bigapple

Starter
MELO got 125m$ contract ready right now

other frachise will give him ~95m$

that is Lakers and can be Bulls

but i am curious can MELO play diffrent than ISO or its Coach style

Kiyaman

Legend
That's not what's alarming IMO, because every player who wants to win should want to win a championship.

I can post an article what he said after his first half a season with us(if anyone gives me the go ahead I will)….

Which would blow what he just now said to smithereens. He's essentially pimp slap himself

What's puzzling is the fact he said "when I first got here I knew we'd take a step back and this would be a 3.5yr rebuild process"…..What so called superstar goes to a team via trade demanding Max extension with an opt out clause(so he can demand a higher max) not expect a championship immediately? Keep in mind he made the statement when we were 3-5 while not a good start by any means, all but supports a throwing in the towel type of mentality. No wonder this team has no direction when there is no leader from within although he's dubbed himself a leader.

"We were starting over rebuilding upon your arrival?…What?"

^^^^^^^^^^Foreallydo!

So this Grease Ball is saying when he first arrived here, we were like any other team who just came off a lottery grab trying to rebuild to win a chip? This statement from him is also an indictment he knew coming via trade, dismantled the team and he was cool with it. What a "Paper Whore Glory Chaser!!!!!"

We need to administer a cure to the team and rid ourselves of this disease that is Melo….I'd feel so ashamed of myself if I was an avid supporter of his, thank goodness I never was. I knew what we were getting before we made the trade…A LOSER!

Whatever u got bring it .....

It wasnt a mystery that Chuancey Billups take-over in Denver cause Melo to demand a trade a month after the TOP Super-Star FA Market in decades.
No team just wanted an untrustworthy Melo after the untrustworthy 2010 offseason FA market. So Denver was force to throw Billups in the trade or watch Melo walk in 2011 offseason.
Melo did not want Billups in New York .... No Billups/player/coach/leadership means the Knicks are not a contender team.

Broadway

All Star
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8098948/my-time-coming

Now that LeBron James has done it, Carmelo Anthony is ready to shed the label of one of the best players in the NBA without a title.Soon.

"I believe that my time is coming," Anthony said Tuesday morning at Madame Tussauds New York during an unveiling of his own wax figure. "I'm a big believer in that, whether it's this year or next year. I truly believe that my time is coming and we're going to keep playing for that."

After the Knicks lost to the Heat in the first round of the playoffs, coach Mike Woodson suggested that Anthony, along with a few of his teammates, needed to get into better shape. Anthony has since undertaken a rigorous training program in the Los Angeles area that has helped him shed 12 pounds and feel lighter on his feet at 239 pounds.

Anthony has found inspiration in watching his friend James win a title with the Heat.

He said that James' accomplishment made him feel "extra motivated," especially because the Finals MVP was able to quiet the critics who said he couldn't win the big game. Those same critics haven't left Melo alone since he arrived in New York in Feb. 2011 after a blockbuster trade, simply because he's the Knicks' best player.

"The motivation is fun at this point in time just to see those guys and see how excited they were to win that championship and see LeBron overcome everything that he's been going through and that's been said about him," said Anthony, who talked to James and Dwyane Wade right after Game 5. "And for him to finally get it, I couldn't be more excited for him to get that. But for me, it's motivation and it's exciting."

Anthony reflected on the past season, calling it a "roller-coaster" and one in which "injuries were our downfall." But he's very encouraged by next season, saying it was a "great thing" that the Knicks re-signed Woodson. Melo said with a full season ahead, which would be his first in New York (with no trade or lockout), it'll give the team the needed time to jell.

"We've got to be together for a minute," he said. "All the teams that won over the years have been together for multiple years and they've been through a lot of stuff. We had three fourths of a season last year to deal with what we were dealt with. This year, we want to come in with a clean plate. We've got a full year. I'll be here for a full year, our team will be here for a full year, training camp. We won't have nothing to worry about. It's just basketball and locking in at this point."

Anthony wouldn't specify which free agents or kinds of players the Knicks need, but he hinted what could prevent new players from joining the team.
"Money always comes into play, so that's a big thing," he said.

If the Bird rights ruling stands, the Knicks can sign Lin and Steve Novak over the salary cap and will have a mid-level exception of $3 million to spend, likely on a seasoned veteran point guard. But that amount could still be lower than what Steve Nash, Andre Miller and Raymond Feltoncould fetch in free agency.

This interview took place in context of Lebron winning a Championship

So now these are the questions I have in regards to what's bolded and what this Slick Oil Car Salesman tries to sell….

1. Your Time Is Coming For What?……<-----------To Keep Rebuilding?

2. You're Going To Keep Playing For That… What Is That?…..<-----------To Keep Rebuilding?

3. All The Teams That Won Over The Yrs Won What?<-----------Rebuilding?

4. It's Just Basketball And Locking In On What?<-----------Rebuilding?

5. Money Always Comes Into Play For What?<-----------Rebuilding? You Getting Paid 2 Ridiculous Contracts From Us?