GT: Knicks vs Chicago March 12th 2012

ACHlLLES

Rookie
you can't win letting the other guy get 22 offensive rebounds.
the bulls just out-hustled and out-muscled the knicks tonite.

three rebounds for STAT? c'mon man.

maybe if the knicks had another 7-footer who can rebound
and pound, they'd have a chance. o yeah, they do, a guy
named Jerome Jordan who sits on the bench every game.

coach has no clue.

I have to give SOME props for STAT for the performance last year. Melo hasn't done shit for the knicks, and being a bitch about not getting the pass. His arguement would help if he was actually making some key buckets.

All I know is this. The Knicks have a tremendous amount of talent. I mean they literally have NO bad players in their rotation. I doubt there's ever been a team with this much individual talent that has lost 6 games in a row. I don't know. Maybe.

It is simply unacceptable for a team as loaded as this one is to have a 6 game losing streak, especially being down by 15+ pts in 5 of the 6. I mean they kept it close tonight but there's always something- 22 offensive rebounds? It's getting embarrassing. That's boxing out & effort.

This team should be a consistent winner and they can't beat anyone right now. If it continues, someone has to take the blame, and I think it has to be D'Antoni. Maybe the players are at fault as well, but a coach HAS to get more out of a group as talented as this one. It's as simple as that.

If this keeps up, D'Antoni has to go. Period. This is a joke.

skisloper

Starter
They play better when Lin is the PG and Melo and Stat are out of the game completly.............how sad but true...........

miked1958

Rotation player
Bucks

Game over, Melo gave up on the game after he didnt get it. Watch his body language and where he stands on the court.

How many games were up on them at the height of our winning streak with Lin? I think we blew a 6+ game lead on them and even had 7th place over Boston for awhile. Now we are in a tie with bucks for 8th spot. Soon Cavs catch us to if we don't right the ship

nyk_nyk

All Star
Last night it was horrible defense, tonight the defense was better but non existent rebounding. Can't catch a break with this team. Can't believe Antoni wasn't desperate enough to bring Jordan in the game.

3 rbs by Amare just diminishes whatever he did on offense tonight. Even Davis had 3 Rebs.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
The Knicks should take care of business against the Blazers at home. If they lose that game, then fire D'Antoni.

nyk_nyk

All Star
All I know is this. The Knicks have a tremendous amount of talent. I mean they literally have NO bad players in their rotation. I doubt there's ever been a team with this much individual talent that has lost 6 games in a row. I don't know. Maybe.

It is simply unacceptable for a team as loaded as this one is to have a 6 game losing streak, especially being down by 15+ pts in 5 of the 6. I mean they kept it close tonight but there's always something- 22 offensive rebounds? It's getting embarrassing. That's boxing out & effort.

This team should be a consistent winner and they can't beat anyone right now. If it continues, someone has to take the blame, and I think it has to be D'Antoni. Maybe the players are at fault as well, but a coach HAS to get more out of a group as talented as this one. It's as simple as that.

If this keeps up, D'Antoni has to go. Period. This is a joke.

Absolutely! :agreed:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I have to give SOME props for STAT for the performance last year. Melo hasn't done shit for the knicks, and being a bitch about not getting the pass. His arguement would help if he was actually making some key buckets.

STAT was playing center last year. Different circumstances, and you have to base everything on what he's doing this season.

Love him, hate him, being patient, indifferent, whatever.

It's unfair to compare center STAT running the spread PnR, with current STAT who's still trying to find a way to have an impact on the game next to Tyson.

Today his shots happened to fall, if they continue, then he'll be alright. But those were the same shots that he's been bricking all year.

It was FANTASTIC to see he and Melo running some 2-man game tho. They need to develop that a bit more. Your two best players operating on the same side of the court is dangerous, when they're involved in some 2-man game...only good things can happen.

skisloper

Starter
The Knicks should take care of business against the Blazers at home. If they lose that game, then fire D'Antoni.

Dantonio cannot force Stat and Melo to play defense or give 100% all game...the only thing he can do is bench them.............at this point he is screwed either way............Unless Phil Jackson is coming in I dont want another coach................George Karl struggled for years to maximize Melo and yet still had such misgivings............If melo is not the man that he is disnterested.......

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
That was a tough loss. We always seem to break down in crunch time. What is lacking for me is the presence of a go-to play when the game is on the line. Melo forcing up threes with a hand in his face is not going to cut it. Also, they have to feed the hot hand more often. Amar'e was 7/10. He was ON FIRE! They should have posted him up, attracted the double team, and kicked it out to the open man.

Heart breaking loss once again for the Knicks, but it seems that Stoudemire is slowly getting his game back. He's been blocking shots, hitting his jumpers, even has that pep in his step. Losing that 15 lbs of "muscle" seems to be working.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
That was a tough loss. We always seem to break down in crunch time. What is lacking for me is the presence of a go-to play when the game is on the line. Melo forcing up threes with a hand in his face is not going to cut it. Also, they have to feed the hot hand more often. Amar'e was 7/10. He was ON FIRE! They should have posted him up, attracted the double team, and kicked it out to the open man.

Heart breaking loss once again for the Knicks, but it seems that Stoudemire is slowly getting his game back. He's been blocking shots, hitting his jumpers, even has that pep in his step. Losing that 15 lbs of "muscle" seems to be working.

I agree with everything you said, except for posting STAT to attract a double team.

He hasn't been getting doubled quickly in the post this year. Teams are playing him straight up, and doubling him late if his defender forces him to re-route. It takes up time off the shot clock and then the Knicks seem to get into "oh shit, SHOOT!!" mode.

But they should have definitely kept feeding him the ball where he was getting it before. Keep going to the well until it runs dry.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Amar'e is back, for the most part. His shortcomings are ones that he's always had.

3 boards, seriously? Standing Short and Talented more like it

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
The way the Knicks have been playing lately, I realize this might sound like BS consolation, but if someone told me they'd lose by five points in Chicago, I would have told him what lay off the drugs...........

All this team needs to do is acquire a big time rebounder off the bench. This is one thing just about every opponent had during this losing streak. And in just about every case, it was the difference in the game.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer

In that "Lin for the win" game in Toronto, Melo would have taken the shot, and the game would have gone into OT..................

Wargames

Starter
F**K The Coach man. what set plays? how can the Knicks not know how to do any Zone Ever? F**King D**Khead Coach

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
I am not satisfied with this performance. Bulls were missing 2 key players and still took care of business. The knicks are just not that talented and it shows..

redarmy81

Rookie
you can call me whatever you want and disagree as much as you want but the way i see it is that our problem this season hasnt really been the offense. stat & melo have been good offensively and so has most of the team. we have one of the best benches in the league. fields is the one that has disappointed me the most offensively this year. sure they have had their bad nights, but that happens to anybody.

the biggest problem is that too few of our guys play D. this goes especially to our 2 stars, melo & stat. if they would start to really play D we would be up there with miami and chicago, considering our roster. and this also goes to some of our bench players, like novak, smith and davis. they need to step up on D too. as much as i hate to say this, but melo & stat need to take a look at lebrons game, and see how hard he plays D.

regarding all these people saying trade this guy or that guy, NO! we dont need to trade anyone, we have a team with great talent. if our stars could just realize that basketball is a 2-way street and play both offense and defense we would be good.

i dont know about coach, if this is his fault or not, maybe he should be responsible for some of this, maybe he should be able to get them to play d, i dont know. if theres a coach out there that would be able to get everyone to play defense, maybe we should fire d'antoni and hire that guy.