GAME THREAD: New York Knicks vs. Denver Nuggets 11/6/07

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
WOW what a great game!!!!! Great team win tonight again and everybody played a great game.The game ball goes to Balkman without a doubt b/c he played a great game.The turning point was in the third when Lee and Balkman came in early in the third and those two really brung the energy.That got the team going and got Curry and the other players pumped up and the Knicks won.

Thats exactly why I think Lee and Balkman should come off the bench b/c you see what they can do exspecially tonight againist a very tough Denver team.

I agree. Balkman and Lee are great options off the bench.
This was a good game becuase the team made solid adjustments in the 2nd half. They played very little D in the 1st half, but made some solid plays in the 2nd and EVERYONE was involved. Curry,Randolph,Crawford.
Marbury was a fantastic floor leader,hes improved his game, altho AI was a real hassle tonite, not much u can when AI is on his game.
Crawford's shot selection is better, with some def room for improvement,but hes been solid all 3 games.
Randolph has shown he can make those good passes off the double teams, as he found a cuttin balkman, who made the nifty wrap around pass to curry underneath.
If the big men can make those passes, we can be real dangerous. Curry has improved his double team passing as well so far.
Still early but they showed some real good things. Friday's game is important, Curry loves to play vs Howard, and the magic improved by gettin Rashard Lewis lighting it up.
Good night to be Knicks Fan, good vibe till friday, hopefully they win friday and take me into a good weekend...
GO KNICKS!

Another Key stat..

Camby 9 points 11 rebounds, and one block in 35 min

Curry 24 8 and 1 in about the same.

Camby was said to be a better center by some on this board and better head to head vs Curry.

Guess I was right again when I said Curry's size would nullify Camby's ability to roam and help defend. He is not a great on the ball defender. And Curry had a much bigger impact on the game than Camby.

And they tried to put Camby on Zach who killed him as well.

So maybe Curry isn't a top 50 player to some people... But he played like one today.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I agree. Balkman and Lee are great options off the bench.
This was a good game becuase the team made solid adjustments in the 2nd half. They played very little D in the 1st half, but made some solid plays in the 2nd and EVERYONE was involved. Curry,Randolph,Crawford.
Marbury was a fantastic floor leader,hes improved his game, altho AI was a real hassle tonite, not much u can when AI is on his game.
Crawford's shot selection is better, with some def room for improvement,but hes been solid all 3 games.
Randolph has shown he can make those good passes off the double teams, as he found a cuttin balkman, who made the nifty wrap around pass to curry underneath.
If the big men can make those passes, we can be real dangerous. Curry has improved his double team passing as well so far.
Still early but they showed some real good things. Friday's game is important, Curry loves to play vs Howard, and the magic improved by gettin Rashard Lewis lighting it up.
Good night to be Knicks Fan, good vibe till friday, hopefully they win friday and take me into a good weekend...
GO KNICKS!

I agree with you 100% man great post!!!

umynot

Benchwarmer
Balkman MVP!!!!

Wow wow wow !!! That was a great game!! We looked like a very good team!!! We played with intense passion for most of the game!!

Crawford and Curry have an amazing chemistry thats only getting more dangerous for our opponents! Some them opps were sick!! Crawford has been clutch and Curry was clutch tonight!! Big FT Big rebounds and one hell of a BIG Block!!

Randolph is just getting to know us yet 3 double doubles in his first three games!!! Ski is the limit how good he is gonna be for us!!!! Soft sweet shot MONSTER BOARDS!!!

Lee is David Lee!! ( Best Knick by far last year)

My Boy Marbury is Starbury again!! Getting to the hoop!!Passing!! Swishing 3's!! Playing hard nose D!!

But by far tonights MVP was Balkman!! Balk does not play we lose!! 3 blocks?? Are you serious??? How bad do we need that???? If not for his energy and D we lose hands down! Blowout!!

We looked good!!! We got a big W !!! But we still have work!!

Lets GO KNICKS!!!!

benwogu3

Rookie
Balkman's consistent impact on the game can't be ignored...all you need to look at is the (+/-) stat when he's in the game...today he led all Knicks at +10 and in the game against Minnesota he led the team with a +19 which is pretty ridiculous

I love this squad.

metrocard

Legend
Camby 9 points 11 rebounds, and one block in 35 min

Curry 24 8 and 1 in about the same.

Camby was said to be a better center by some on this board and better head to head vs Curry.

Guess I was right again when I said Curry's size would nullify Camby's ability to roam and help defend. He is not a great on the ball defender. And Curry had a much bigger impact on the game than Camby.

And they tried to put Camby on Zach who killed him as well. I guess you remember the ownage you recieved. I really broke down that post.

Anyway, forgetting about the meaningless past; Is this the set 8 man rotation now?

Marbury
Crawford
Richardson
Randolph
Curry

Lee
Balkman
Robinson

I mean, its not too shabby at all. I still feel like we're wasting alot of money on Jefferies, Rose and James...can we just drop them, they're not even suitable back ups, average to terrible at best. I rather have young hungry athletes that can be groomed riding the bench like Chandler and Morris. All I'm saying is that Rose's, Jame's, and Jefferie's faces spoil the win for me.

So maybe Curry isn't a top 50 player to some people... But he played like one today.

In previous match ups, Camby owns Curry.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
It was great to be at the Garden last night. NYC is a Knick town. They have to prove they can play with last nights intensity every night, though. I believe they will. Isiah looks like he finally has his guys. I love the 8 man rotation. The rest of the roster will prove useful in the future but for now the Knicks need to ride the best players and get some continuity.

There also is too much emphasis here on who starts. It doesn't matter. Play well and help the team win. Play selfish and take a seat, even Steph. I can't remember seeing Craw and Steph fighting to get over the top of screens. 2 years ago never. Bodes well for the future.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I was very impressed with Curry but one and only made it sound like he played a great all around game. He did have a big block in the 4th but his defense overall was average, which im happy with comin from him. If he can play average defense this year I'll be happy. I noticed immediatly he was making more of an effort on defense and thats what hes gonna do. OneandOnly, you probably didnt even see the game. You only saw the replay of the block and the stats. I dont respect your posts anyways. Curry looked very improved on offense and i was happy with what i saw from him. When he gets good positioning he is unstoppable.

Zach Randolph, I knew he was good with Portland. I saw him play against the knicks a couple times last year but I'm shocked by what i've seen from him. Hes not athletic but hes a very smart and skilled player.

Renaldo Balkmen is the man. His defense on Carmella was excellent. I love Balkmen (no homo). He gives it everything hes got every time he steps onto the court. His energy off the bench will do big things for the knicks all season long.

Q-Rich played good D on Carmella also. Hes struggling offensively but he'll start playin better soon. I'd still rather have him starting then balkmen cuz balkmens energy off the bench helps when the knicks are struggling. Hes good at gettin the team back into the game, along with Nate and Lee.

Marbury played a great game. I dont know why more people havent commented on Marburys play but he was very unselfish and he hit some big shots. Theres nothin that anyone couldve done to stop AI the way he was playin.

Crawford also played very unselfishly, and he also hit some big shots. I thought his defense was terrible. He is one of the worst defenders in the league. He better keep scorin to make up for his poor defense.

This was a great win and if they can keep playin the way they did last night, they'll be a very tough team to beat. They played like a team and it was nice to see after the past 6 or 7 years. I'm happy for Isiah, He looked very stressed out for a while but hopefully the team can continue to win. Thats the only way to quiet the critics. Denver plays the Celtics tonight, we'll see how the PGA tour (Pierce Garnett Allen) does against the Nuggets. Should be another good game.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Curry is much better than Camby. Karl would rather have Curry than Camby. Better believe it.

The 8 man rotation is set, plus one when Jefferies returns.

The former Knick fans who still follow Camby know that hes still more valuable then Curry. I'd rather have Camby for the next 2 years then Curry. We're talkin about last years defensive player of the year. You sound so sure that Curry is better then Camby but since when do you hear "offense wins game?" I think what they usually say is "defense wins games." Camby is one of the best rebounders and defenders in the league. Karl would much rather have Camby than Curry. Better believe it.

The former Knick fans who still follow Camby know that hes still more valuable then Curry. I'd rather have Camby for the next 2 years then Curry. We're talkin about last years defensive player of the year. You sound so sure that Curry is better then Camby but since when do you hear "offense wins game?" I think what they usually say is "defense wins games." Camby is one of the best rebounders and defenders in the league. Karl would much rather have Camby than Curry. Better believe it.

Of course Karl would say that, but he really wouldn't mean it. Camby is a 6'11 energy guy. He is a great help defender, good rebounder. That is it. I will never forget how TD Torched him in the finals. He can't guard the premiere scorers one on one. Evidenced by yesterday's outcome. The defensive player of the year saw the opposing front line score over 40 and 25 boards. And the Knicks scored 119 points. How valuable was his defense?

Like I said previously, Curry keeps his man busy all game. His man is not going to leave him to help defend, basically rendering his man's help defense useless. Add Zach to that mix, now you have two front line men who can't help defend. In this case, these two guys offensive ability almost rendered Camby and crew defenseless.

You are going to see the same thing happen Friday in Orlando when Howard (probably the best big defender in the league now) will be so busy with either Zach or Curry, he will be less effective overall defensively.

Curry>> Camby. All day.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I partially agree with you but its because of Zach Randolph and Curry. What team can stop those 2 guys? And if K-mart was playing it would've been easier for Camby. I thought Nene didnt look 2 good last night. He must be out of shape or somethin. At least for the next year and probably 2, Camby is more valuable to me then Curry is. I'll admit he didnt do to good against Duncan last year in the playoffs. Im not sure why, cuz the year before he did a better job defending duncan. The only player who did do a good job of defending duncan in the playoffs last year was Kurt Thomas. When TD torched camby in the finals that was 8 years ago. Even with all the injuries Camby is a better player now then he was then. With Jamal Crawfor (No D) bein our starting sg it would be nice to have a great help defender like Camby. Theres no room on this team for another starting Center cuz Currys gonna be the big man for NY for years to come.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yeah what a GAME! outscored the Nuggets by 17 in the 4th thats crazy. Its funny at the end of the game Isiah was complaining there was a foul with .2 seconds left. I thought that was great how he justed wanted to pat on to the lead. Balkman was all about the D. great job on offense too. I love the 8 man rotation!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
im a big knick fan but to say right now that curry is more valauble than camby, u must be buggin

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
True Curry is younger and can develope into a All Star. By the way he should of been a All star last season.