Carmelo's family issue...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Carmelo Anthony will not attend Thursday's practice due to an unspecified family issue, according to the Knicks. His status for Friday night's game against the Milwaukee Bucks is 'uncertain' at this point, according to the team.

Anthony left Madison Square Garden without speaking to reporters after the Knicks' loss to the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday.

A team spokesman said Anthony left because of the family issue.

Anthony's status for Saturday's game against the Denver Nuggets is also uncertain at this point.

Saturday night's game at Madison Square Garden would be Anthony's first against the Nuggets since he was traded from Denver to New York last February.

I don't know what his "family issue" could be, but it looks like he's playing his standard shit he was know of when he played in Denver. Namely, he avoid the media because he doesn't want to answer any questions about his shitty hoops last night (remember: it's never Melo's fault when we lose and it's always him when we win, that's how it worked in Denver) and if he's not going to play against the Nuggets it means right now he's shitting himself, because he knows that if we get blown out nobody will remember about that few 30+ poitns games, his lazy ass will be under heavy fire and almost everyone (national media included) will be talking about how the Knicks got screwed trading for him. I hope I'm wrong but this is how it looks now.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think we should reserve judgment until we know what the issue is. It could be something really bad, you never know.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I think we should reserve judgment until we know what the issue is. It could be something really bad, you never know.
I'm just saying how it looks at this point. If it's something serious I'll take my words back, but knowing Melo's behavior when he plays disappointing it could be just an excuse...

Carmelo Anthony will not attend Thursday's practice due to an unspecified family issue, according to the Knicks. His status for Friday night's game against the Milwaukee Bucks is 'uncertain' at this point, according to the team.

Anthony left Madison Square Garden without speaking to reporters after the Knicks' loss to the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday.

A team spokesman said Anthony left because of the family issue.

Anthony's status for Saturday's game against the Denver Nuggets is also uncertain at this point.

Saturday night's game at Madison Square Garden would be Anthony's first against the Nuggets since he was traded from Denver to New York last February.

I don't know what his "family issue" could be, but it looks like he's playing his standard shit he was know of when he played in Denver. Namely, he avoid the media because he doesn't want to answer any questions about his shitty hoops last night (remember: it's never Melo's fault when we lose and it's always him when we win, that's how it worked in Denver) and if he's not going to play against the Nuggets it means right now he's shitting himself, because he knows that if we get blown out nobody will remember about that few 30+ poitns games, his lazy ass will be under heavy fire and almost everyone (national media included) will be talking about how the Knicks got screwed trading for him. I hope I'm wrong but this is how it looks now.

Your accusations against Melo are an unbounded cheek sir!

His son could be sick or his wife/mother/brothers could be in trouble.

To claim he invented this to bugger off is not only stupid, but also abusive towards our franchise player!

I dont care about him not talking to reporters,

I dont care about his family issues

I dont care that he slaps and runs

I dont care that he avoids the media

WHAT I DAMN WELL CARE ABOUT IS THAT HE IS PLAYING GOD AWFUL RIGHT NOW AND AS OUR FRANCHISE PLAYER I PLACE THE BLAME ON HIM AND ONLY HIM FOR OUR CURRENT RECORD AND HORRIBLE TEAM PLAY

HE CHUCKS
Holds the ball
JACKS 3 points 3 seconds into the shot clock from 28 out when we are down
forces passes because he dribbles his way into double teams as opposed to getting rid of the ball quickly
he shoots fade aways over double teams
he bricks free throws
he doesnt play defense , instead he just reaches in and slaps at the ball while a player goes around him

Carmelo anthony needs a swift kick in the @ss

If not it is going to be a long season, and a long few years

because if our leader chucks threes

while shumpert and fields keep us in the game against a lottery team

we are in big big trouble.

fender0577

Rotation player
I'm not going to sit here and comment on a man's off the court family issues, that's just wrong.As far as on the court he looks a little hurt, watching the last game he was getting his shots and getting by people, but he had no lift, i don't know what's going on.Maybe he needs rest, or an offensive system where he gets easier shots in the flow of the offense, isolating an player all game wears him out.

CA7

Scoring Champ
1. Melo really cares about his family....he missed a few games a few years ago because of the death of his sister and it took a toll on his mind

2. So you guys want Melo to get the ball and do what pass it then get it back with 5 seconds left and is forced to throw up some nonsense. I mean watch the game look at when and where he gets the ball, look at what the team does when he gets the ball. If you notice he holds it because he waits for them to cut, when they cut he passes or are you not watching. Its just typical for us to overreact then thing is our team isn't build well around STAT and Melo, we got the Center they need, they need a PG who can command the offense and make things easier(Nash), a shooting guard who can consistently get off shots and knock them down(Ray Allen type)

3. Melo is playing the same way he played in Denver but why did it work in Denver because George Karl is a great HOF coach, D'Antoni is not. In Denver guys knew how to play off Melo and make sure he could go one on one when he needs to. In New York every time he touches the ball teams zone up and the other 4 guys stand still

fender0577

Rotation player
3. Melo is playing the same way he played in Denver but why did it work in Denver because George Karl is a great HOF coach, D'Antoni is not. In Denver guys knew how to play off Melo and make sure he could go one on one when he needs to. In New York every time he touches the ball teams zone up and the other 4 guys stand still
Couldn't have said it better my self, if you've been watching the knicks, you'll see exactly what CA7 is saying.Melo gets the ball and everyone just stands their watching, this is what a coach is suppose to explain to his players, when a teams star gets the ball, all the opposing players are watching him, and that's your chance to cut to get open.I'm not even sure Antoni knows this, it's simple basketball.Hell iv'e watched Princeton beat top teams in the country for years by using this simple philosophy.

petescud

Starter
Lets hope all is well. Good teams win even without their star players. We need our guys to step up. I would give Bibby more minutes this game to chuck up some 3's as well as Novak. Go Knicks

nyk_nyk

All Star
Melo is the least of the team's worries. He had a bad game as do all star players. Kobe recently had an atrocious shooting night. Melo will bounce back and continue his dominance. Not worried at all.

I'd worry more about Stat at this point since his game is so dependent on a true PG... unless he can expand his game some (post up).

nyk_nyk

All Star
2. So you guys want Melo to get the ball and do what pass it then get it back with 5 seconds left and is forced to throw up some nonsense. I mean watch the game look at when and where he gets the ball, look at what the team does when he gets the ball. If you notice he holds it because he waits for them to cut, when they cut he passes or are you not watching.

Agree. Melo is a willing passer and always shows this in the beginning of games. He will make the pass if guys cut and get open. Melo tends to prefer isolation when the team falls into a lull and stops producing points. This is what star players do! When the Bulls needed baskets, MJ got the ball and did what he does best. Same with Kobe, Dirk, Wade... It's not like Melo is being selfish all game... he takes over when he feels like he has to.

I can't believe the amount of stick Melo gets in here.....

He has been our best player this season for god's sake!!!!

While $100 million man Stoudemire sucks more than a Amsterdam brothel hooker.....

You guys wana criticize melo? Fine, but then critizice Stoudemire twice as hard or even three times as hard!

LeFlume

All Star
I agree with Spree, That rhymes by the way. :afro:

If someone needs to be criticized it outta be STAT. He's been light years from his talent level.