New Power Ranking: Knicks overatted?

How long do you think the streak will last for?

• Total voters

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/page/2

Number 16, kinda high dont you think?

I guess maybe it is just my superstition, but I like us being a lower ranked team. It means opponents will sleep on us more.

But it was nice to have to keep scrolling up from the bottom to find us and truth be told we are currently playing better than all the teams below us.

I would love if we ended the season the 16th best team in the league

they base the rankings literally on like the last week of play and the teams you won against.
The knicks beat the
hawks
suns
hornets on the road
and the trail blazers
they lost to the celtics by only 2
and the nuggets by 2

combine the winning percentage of those teams, and that explains
why we are ranked 16th

if our schedule was even keeled as opposed to so top heavy in terms of playing teams with winning records, our win loss column would be closer to a 500 team than 8-15.

metrocard

Legend
Imagine this team if we had a PG

Hughes at SG, C+
Harrington at SF, B-
Gallinari at PF, B-
Lee at C, B-

Duhon, fail.

We'll be top 5 in the East.

yeah I mean Duhon has been playing awesome on our streak, but we need a pg who plays awesome all the time, not just now. I mean if Duhon keeps this up the rest of the year and we make the playoffs then you gotta give him credit, but I believe half our losses are 75 percent his fault.

Kiyaman

Legend

Hughes at SG, C+
Harrington at SF, B-
Gallinari at PF, B-
Lee at C, B-

Duhon, fail.

Metro....I cant lie, the signing of Duhon was all mystery to me untill I seen Duhon being a fast learner. Getting pointers from Marbury & Nate the start of last season.
I heard no complaints about Duhon his first 51 Knick games....he even had u quiet.

Duhon & Nate shook the league up lastseason, and with Marbury coming off the bench the Knicks were sure to make the Playoffs.
The big steal we got out of this draft (Toney Douglas) next to Blair, the Knicks got one of the top rotation of "Guard-Play" in Duhon, Nate, Douglas, and an expiring contract Larry Hughes in the Eastern Conference.
Boston, Cavs, or Orlando Guards cant touch the combination of guards the Knicks have (their nucleus of bigmen dominate us).

Kiyaman

Legend
How long will the Knicks play hard to WIN?

How long will the Knicks winning streak last?
Or how long will the Knick-Players play hard to win each game?

Untill Celebrity coach Dantoni say or do something to upset the players collectively.

The Knicks last longest winning streak at 6 games stopped when coach Larry Clown publically called 2nd season player Trevor Ariza "delusional".

p0nder

Starter
Ariza is a bum. I watched him take a swing with an elbow directed at a rookies head in the T.O./rockets game. He didn't do shit all in the whole game, the kid stole the ball from him and he takes a swing? this is basketball man, get it under control you nut bag. No wonder the lakers were glad to trade your ass, you premadonna bitch. You aren't a #1 option on offense and you're proving it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
How long will the Knicks winning streak last?
Or how long will the Knick-Players play hard to win each game?

Untill Celebrity coach Dantoni say or do something to upset the players collectively.

The Knicks last longest winning streak at 6 games stopped when coach Larry Clown publically called 2nd season player Trevor Ariza "delusional".

More conspiracy rumors about players throwing games. This is getting to be too much.

The funny thing is, the more conspiracy theories you propose, the more reasons you give for not supporting the players. Even though your intention is to blame the coaches for players tanking games out of spite.

How do you support these players for intentionally losing games?

Since when does a coach need to treat players with kid's gloves? They're grown ass men. They should be able to handle criticism and not throw a game because a coach called them out.

I don't know if you do this for attention or this is just insight into your true personality. I don't know. But it sure makes you seem like a very vengeful person.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Violent Reminiscence

Ariza is a bum. I watched him take a swing with an elbow directed at a rookies head in the T.O./rockets game. He

Oakley, Mason, X McDaniel, Starks, Anthony.

90's thug legends.

Bring back the biff in NY.:canibal:

New New York

Quiet Storm

Hughes at SG, C+
Harrington at SF, B-
Gallinari at PF, B-
Lee at C, B-

Duhon, fail.

one more time....what do people really expect from a MLE PG? If Duhon was good enough to make us a top 5 team in the East then we would not have had him.

Duhon is giving us all that we can realistically expected from him

Truth be told 6 million for a PG who is in the top 10 in assist and has the 4th best assist to TO ratio in the league -third highest ast. average of that group of 4 players- is bout as good a deal you gonna find from a MLE player.

His shooting struggles to start this season was no worst than Nate's slump last season or Hughes in the Pre Season, of course it is magnified because we rely so much on our PG.

But Duhon was never thought to be a franchise savior

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah it's only a big deal because we have a bleh PG in a system that really relies on having a good shooting PG to make it work.

Although he's got a point, you can't really expect any better for Duhon considering he's a MLE player and all

p0nder

Starter
Oakley, Mason, X McDaniel, Starks, Anthony.

90's thug legends.

Bring back the biff in NY.:canibal:

There's a big difference in say Oakley, who was a beast of a man with prowess and skill and ariza who's a skinny bitch that basically requested a trade to a team where he'd be more of an impact player (instead of wanting to win championships).

Well there ya go Trev, you're on the rockets now who are struggling to find a scorer and a spark and you have the best opportunity in the league to light up your team and bring them around. So what do you do? You take a swing at a rook, completely miss and look like a chump in the process. You get ejected from a game that you could of won if you were the player you thought you were. Probably warrants a suspension too.

I'll take Spreewell over ariza for thug image with the skills to back it up.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
We're almost at .500!

Wow. The team is under .500 and still considered a bright spot on the East coast. ...

p0nder

Starter
lol wing you smartass. Obviously spreewell's career is done, but I'd still take him over ariza.

If you wanna talk about players playing right now, look no further then ron artest. He'd beat the shit out of ariza. and probably a few of his boys in the stands too.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Obviously I was just joking, lol.

But yeah I'd love to have a thug with the skills to back it up like Sprewell. Bring some badassery back to the Knicks like we had in the late 90's

Torp

Benchwarmer
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/page/2

Number 16, kinda high dont you think?

I guess maybe it is just my superstition, but I like us being a lower ranked team. It means opponents will sleep on us more.

But it was nice to have to keep scrolling up from the bottom to find us and truth be told we are currently playing better than all the teams below us.

I would love if we ended the season the 16th best team in the league

Well you have to understand that Hollinger's ratings are much different than all the other power rankings on the internet. Hollinger uses a specific formula to tabulate results. The computer spits out the results based on his formula.

His rankings are akin to technical analysis in stock trading, in comparison to fundamental analysis which is what all the other rankings use.

Overall his rankings are much more accurate than any of the other rankings in my opinion. Those other rankings are all a lot of crap in my opinion. Especially when it comes to rating teams on the bottom end.

metrocard

Legend
You sign a MLE PG to back up...not play 46 muthafukin minutes in a game to do absolutely nothing except jog up and down the court.

Duhon isn't that good.
Never was that good.
When can we realize this?

The organization failed in not giving D'Antoni a PG to work with.

Duhon is low quality...**** all the inflated stats, you guys know he's bad.

I don't know why people on this forum dare to defend a Louisiana version of Kevin Ollie.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
You sign a MLE PG to back up...not play 46 muthafukin minutes in a game to do absolutely nothing except jog up and down the court.

Duhon isn't that good.
Never was that good.
When can we realize this?

The organization failed in not giving D'Antoni a PG to work with.

Duhon is low quality...**** all the inflated stats, you guys know he's bad.

I don't know why people on this forum dare to defend a Louisiana version of Kevin Ollie.

pretty much....chris duhon = howard eisley 2.0.........chris duhon possible the worst starting PG in da league