Too many SF!!!!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Okay so we traded for Richardson during the 2005-06 season, signed Jeffries in the 2006-07 season, drafted Balkman in 2006, Chandler in 2007 and now Gallinari in 2008.

Although Jeffries can play the 3 or 4 and even the 5 depending on the opponent, we still have 5 SF who can make a good case for playing time.

Richardson may still be the starter just because he thrived in this system when in Phoenix and he was one of the few players that cared on defense last season.

Jeffries is interesting because although he's not a good scorer, he has the ability to stretch the defense and rebound. He can cause mismatch problems for a lot of teams with his size and quickness. Not sure how D'Antoni views him though.

Balkman is a high energy guy who I think fits in great with this new system. Every team needs a guy who will throw their bodies around just to get a rebound or block a shot. His intensity should get him playing time alone.

Chandler is the wildcard here. If he has truly progressed from last season and become more smarter in terms of the NBA game, he should probably get good minutes. The skills were already there, all he needed was confidence to reinforce it.

Gallinari is basically a pro being labeled as a rookie. He's played on a high level since he was about 14 and is one of the most NBA ready players in this year's rookie class. His father has ties to our coach and let's not forget he can flat out score. I believe he gets good rookie minutes next season.

Now I ask all of you Knick fans (and haters), who deserves to share the 48 min/gm? Two of these guys will not get any minutes!

nyk_nyk

All Star
turn Balkmen into a PF, Gally into a PF, and Jefferies into left bench
Balkman would have to bulk up and I wouldn't put Gally in the PF position in his 1st year. He'll have enough trouble guarding the opposing SF in this league.

metrocard

Legend
NBA is Soft.
Gallo can easily play PF
Rashard Lewis plays PF full time in Orlando.
and Gallo is much more physical than Lewis.

Marbury
Richardson
Chandler
Gallo
Lee

to be honest with you all, I would not be surprised to see duhon at the pnt some times, with chandler at the 2, DG at the 3 balkman at the 4 and jefferies at the 5 just running for days

nyk_nyk

All Star
NBA is Soft.
Gallo can easily play PF

Marbury
Richardson
Chandler
Gallo
Lee
Even if you did that, you still have 4 SF to figure out. I don't believe any of our SF are D-leaguers, so you have to do something with them.

metrocard

Legend
Even if you did that, you still have 4 SF to figure out. I don't believe any of our SF are D-leaguers, so you have to do something with them.

I want Jefferies and Richardson gone.

We could keep Chandler, Balkman and Gallo, where Chandler can be put at the 2, Balkman at the 3 and Gallon at the 4. 6"8, 6"8, 6"10.

jpz17

Starter
Gally Lee and Balkmen at 4, Chandler and Q at 3. Crawford and Nate at 2, Steph and Duhon at 1.. Now what about C? We need to trade either Zach or Eddy, personally I don't care who, because Zach we can get more for, and Eddy we get less, but Eddy's much worse.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I want Jefferies and Richardson gone.

We could keep Chandler, Balkman and Gallo, where Chandler can be put at the 2, Balkman at the 3 and Gallon at the 4. 6"8, 6"8, 6"10.
I would prefer to keep Jeffries only because he can guard multiple positions. I think he can be an important role player when surrounded by multiple scorers.

He may not be able to match a lot of PF in size, but at least he has the length to change some shots.

metrocard

Legend
The fact that Jefferies is an awful shooter makes it hard to keep him, if he improves on his shooting he would be a good player because of his ability to play multiple positions and guard them.

But shooting is what kills him, from everywhere; FT, Close Range, Long Range, Midrange. The man has no range.

dre48ny

Rotation player
In my opinion Q-Rich should be the odd man out, but he is untradable. He is the oldest and slowest so it's time for the new blood to do their thing. Balkman has to show something because he has stiff competition. Jefferies just for D I guess and because Isaiah gave him such a ridiculous contract must stay.

I honestly think Chandler or Gallo can occasionally play SG, T-Mac is mad tall and plays that position well.

If Randolph doesn't get traded than he is the starting PF.

Marbury/Duhon/Roberson
Crawford/Robinson
Chandler/Gallo/Richardson/Balkman
Randolph/Lee/Jefferies
Curry/James

There is talent on this roster but no chemistry. Let's c what happens.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The reason why the Knicks even have a dilemma, at the small forward position, is because Walsh drafted another small forward. This is how I think the minutes should be distributed:

PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Chandler
PF Randolph
C Jeffries

Bench: PG Robinson, SG Richardson, SF Gallinari, PF/C David Lee(Lee played center in college, he can do it in the NBA).

Forget Curry, he sucks. Stephon Marbury & Nate Robinson >>> Chris Duhon

The minute that Quentin Richardson gets one of his usual injuries, put Roberson as a backup shooting guard.

I know I left out Balkman, but it's impossible to fit 5 small forwards into an 8-10 man rotation, unless you want people to play out of position.

nyk_nyk

All Star
The reason why the Knicks even have a dilemma, at the small forward position, is because Walsh drafted another small forward. This is how I think the minutes should be distributed:

PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Chandler
PF Randolph
C Jeffries

Bench: PG Robinson, SG Richardson, SF Gallinari, PF/C David Lee(Lee played center in college, he can do it in the NBA).

Forget Curry, he sucks. Stephon Marbury & Nate Robinson >>> Chris Duhon

The minute that Quentin Richardson gets one of his usual injuries, put Roberson as a backup shooting guard.

I know I left out Balkman, but it's impossible to fit 5 small forwards into an 8-10 man rotation, unless you want people to play out of position.
So you would start Jeffries and leave Balkman out of the rotation? Balkman can help the team way more than Jeffries and he plays hard defense. I can understand leaving Q out but not 24 yr old Balkman.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
turn Balkmen into a PF, Gally into a PF, and Jefferies into left bench
Im very high on Gallo and really bealive he is gonna turn out to be a great choice but Power Forward he would be in the hospital he played one summer league game and got pounded so much at the Small forward spot they put him in traction and remember this is the East its a lot different then the West where other small guys play the power and are quick in the East they bang the whole game

Paul1355

All Star
NBA is Soft.
Gallo can easily play PF

Marbury
Richardson
Chandler
Gallo
Lee

Q can play defense but he wouldnt keep up with most SG theyll run around him he plays a good SF.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
So you would start Jeffries and leave Balkman out of the rotation? Balkman can help the team way more than Jeffries and he plays hard defense. I can understand leaving Q out but not 24 yr old Balkman.
Don't blame me, blame Donnie Walsh. He's the one that came up with the idea of having 5 small forwards. I only put Jeffries at center, because Curry sucks. Balkman is too short to play center. Quentin Richardson sucks, too. I only included him, because I know he's injury prone, and Roberson would get an opportunity to play afterwards. Also, you're talking about defense. D'Antoni isn't focussing on defense. I think it's stupid not to focus on defense on a team that's main weakness is defense, but I'm not the one to decide.