Starter
come on remember the good times

Dantoni.jpg

20080513-230042-pic-594065115_t607.jpg

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Word..

Wouldn't you love a coach who:

1. Says STAT I realize you can score but where you are really needed is on the defensive end. Let's work on your rebounding. Let's work on your post moves.

I don't want to see you taking on a whole team by yourself. We'll work on you getting the ball on the block with your back to the basket and impliment a two man game. When the defense collapses on you, swing it out and reset.

You are a beast at drawing fouls- but I want to work on your ability to still put up QUALITY shots even with contact. Once we get them in foul trouble or in the penalty, then your mid-range game will open up. Draw fouls, but still give yourself a chance to make the shot by putting up quality shots.

*then we see STAT at least TRYING THIS. He doesn't have to succeed, but show the effort and try to get better.

2. Melo you are our leader. Let me see you talking it up on both ends. We'll feature you but our strategy will be this:

Instead of giving the defense the chance to double and close out on you when you're hot or during game winning situations... we will establish your shots after coming off screens with the catch and shoot. You too can draw fouls and we will use this to our advantage.

We will game plan to entice mismatches with you. After you establish coming off screens or the two man game with you and either of our bigs, teams will target you. THAT'S when we will go into more of a motion cutter offense where you can easily find cutters to the basket once the defense over-commits on you.

We will enhance our strategy to have constant cutting under the basket on plays we feature you. You can use yur passing skills and decision making to take the shot or get the ball to a cutter if left open. Once we draw fouls, our strategy will adjust to more iso plays because by then they should be hesitant, or have a bench player on you.

*and we see Melo at least TRYING this. Maybe not completely successful, but getting better.

3. Toney I notice you are constantly looking for your shot. You seem comfortable doing this. Most passing pg's look to pass first and get players involved. You don't.

That's cool. You could be our 6th man. BUT realize Toney, just like a PG must use his savvy to decide who to get the ball to, you must use better judgement in what type of shots you take and when. Its counter-productive and obvious if all you do is come in and shoot.

Don't let me see you coming in and chucking threes right away. Don't let me see you chucking threes when we're down double digits. That's not a good approach and can hurt us more than help us. Even if you hit it, that will make you too confident and again your decision making will be to continue shooting. Not good.

I also notice your difficulty laying the ball up in traffic or contested. We'll work on your body position like with Stat in order to still put up a quality shot while drawing the foul, this way we still have a chance to score.

*then we see Toney AT LEAST making better decisions. Maybe not successful but getting better at it.

4. Team on defense, particularly man-to-man, we must understand our primary goal. NO UNCONTESTED SHOTS! If they can make shots over our defense or out stretched arms, so be it.

We will NOT switch off our man. If a player uses screens to get open WE MUST FIGHT THROUGH THE SCREEN! If our strategy is to go under the screen, we must communicate and recover as quick as possible. Switching while in m2m is counter-intuitive.

We will use more double teams and traps when we feel a certain players is getting hot, and use harder fouls so that at the least they have to earn their points from the line.

* and we see the effort

5. Fields, you are star struck. You are NOT a starting SG, but we can use your skills off the bench. We need to work on your on-ball defense so that at the least you can impact the game on the defensive end.

Its clear you lack confidence. What we can do is draw plays specifically for you to get you hot. We'll draw up plays for you to get the ball cutting toward the basket and make sure you at least put up quality easier shots when fouled. That way you can get your rythem at the foul line.

Just like coaches draw up short easy passes to get QB's in rythem, we will do the same with you.

6. Shump you're a god send. But I fear you will be painted into a corner and loose your skill set if we keep green lighting you.

So what we need from you is to become a great PG facilitator. The earlier you understand this and practcie this, the better you get to know your teammates, the better we'll be.

We reserve the 6th man role for TD who has a shooting mentality while grooming you fr starting PG duties. You going in feet first, but that's ok. I think you have the skills, confidence, and player respect to run this team, especially on defense.

We will STRICTLY work on your PG skills, let the shots come to you.

7. Tyson, we love you. You're just what we needed but... yu can improveon yu offensive skills. We will work on your foot work and post moves to give us more options. You are a natural leader but that means show and prove. Work ethic, communication, and sacrifice will trickle down to younger less experienced players.

8. Team we have little practice time. To maximize this time we will run more 2vs 2, and 3vs3's so at minimum we can get use to playing our two man game. One day it'll be Chandler and Shump vs Stat and TD. Next it may be Melo and Fields vs Shump and Stat.

We have to get use to playing with each other (no homo). Running 5 on 5 full scrimmages lessons our ability to work on our fundamentals and chemistry because too many things are happening in a short period that we can't evaluate and improve.

2on2's and 3on3's go by much quicker and can easily illustrate our faults.

We will work on these things all season so don't get discouraged. Our fundamentals will be solid SO AT THE LEAST WE MAKE TEAMS BEAT US AND NOT BEAT OURSELVES.

I don't want to see anymore ill-advised shots. I want to see good anticpation and boxing out for rebounds. No shooting while no one is under the basket. No camping out on the perimeter.

And again.... our goal is proper fundamentals and NO uncontested shots...EVER!

That's all for now.

*And we notice a different mor sound approach to the game. Maybe not complete success, but improvement.

KEEP DREAMING WE WILL NEVER GET THIS COACH TO DO ANY OF THAT. AND EVERYTHING YOU SAID WAS AWESOME AND ON POINT IF OUR COACH WAS DOING IT LIKE THAT AS HE SHOULD BE DOING WE WOULD BE 4-2 INSTEAD OF 2-4 AT BEST..... FIRE THIS BUM NOW

Red, you have my vote

New to this site but I've made my presence known on other forums. Been a Knick fan since 1992 and what I'm seeing now is the worst type of basketball I've seen in that period of time. Sickening to watch. Any other coach would slap STAT for even thinking of the "stretch 4" idea when he was so dominant in the paint. He's a F#CKING PF. And I don't give a flying sh#t if Melo is a great scorer, if I were the coach I'd input some discipline everytime he brings it down the court and chucks up the 3 with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

Don't even get me started with his post game interviews. If we get beat by a team even if it's the CAVS, RAPTORS, or WIZARDS, his one answer to poor play is that they're a "good team" MY ASS!!!!! These teams are getting blown out on a nightly basis but they go and play NY and not only can't we defend for our lives but we're making sh#tty defenders look like the Defensive players of the year with our poor offensive sets

This man needs to go and Woodson can follow along with him. I surely don't need the man who thought offense was Joe Johnson ISO ISO iSO.

Last edited:

NYK-Fan

Rookie
New Here. Couldn't agree more. add me to the list. Lately Iv been using alot of those words when melo shoots the ball but will save that talk for another thread.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
playbook.jpg

By parrish003 at 2012-01-05

lol its too funny and too true

put my tag down on the eviction list Red.

I just can't watch them fail anymore and shit needs to be changed up starting with the HC.

how f'in obvious is it that this chuck and hope perimeter shit doesn't work?

that and it doesnt work with 3 great players at their position

no inside game
no 2 man game for stat n melo

**** this shit

**** this coach

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy⑧s;193966 said:
It has been sporadically in NY.

He'll never be what he was behind his Suns roster.

Dude's just not the right coach in NY.

Who is? Who knows!?

It's not Mike - I don't think it ever was.

I've had enough of this team's offense and defense performing on a pendulum. If we're a team with STAT and Melo and Tyson that just needs a PG, then we're a good team with the wrong M.O.

I think we made the right move going after Chandler. Pursuing the piece that's been so pivotal (no pun) to success in modern basketball.

Now what we need is a game plan that accentuates our strengths in our front line - not one that divides them strategically.

Call me presumptuous, but I think you, my friend, have seen about enough of a square peg ~ round hole Knick team yourself. You're potentially just a week more patient than the rest of us.

Zen.

That's not a hint about Phil Jackson, BTW.

lol yea the losings annoying but its not all about this coach.

unlike most people on the forum i actually like MDA. the man can coach. he coached teams deep into the playoffs. you cant take that away from him.

as ive said before its his style of play that rubs most ko peeps the wrong way.

i don't mind it so much. as a bball junkie i like to watch different styles. is it the most intuitive/effective? no. we all know this.

if this coach cant get what we're seeing righted.he needs to go.

but i think he will.. and the ko haters will have to sit down again.

KingofNy

Starter
lol yea the losings annoying but its not all about this coach.

unlike most people on the forum i actually like MDA. the man can coach. he coached teams deep into the playoffs. you cant take that away from him.

as ive said before its his style of play that rubs most ko peeps the wrong way.

i don't mind it so much. as a bball junkie i like to watch different styles. is it the most intuitive/effective? no. we all know this.

if this coach cant get what we're seeing righted.he needs to go.

but i think he will.. and the ko haters will have to sit down again.

What have you seen from D'Antoni that makes you think he can fix this sinking ship? I haven't seen sh*t. Most of our problems are due to his coaching.

What does he do to help this team? I gotta hear this.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean, if D'Antoni could make this team look like the 05-06 Suns, we'd be in good shape.

He hasn't done anything close. The reason I was a fan of bringing Mike D in was because Suns' basketball was absolutely beautiful to watch. There was good flow on offense. They took good shots. They moved the ball. They ran plays such as the pick and roll. They made effective use of substitutions and mismatches.

And most importantly, though they were most certainly an offense-first team, the team wasn't bad on defense. They were a middle of the road team in defensive rating, which is way better than the Knicks are right now. They had good defensive players like Shawn Marion and Raja Bell. They had guys who, despite not playing for a defense-first coach, got stops and made plays happen when it needed to happen.

I don't know who the hell was coaching those Suns back then but watching the Knicks play it sure as hell doesn't look like the same guy who got burned on giving up easy shots on poor matchups 98% of the entire game. Seriously, expecting Landry Fields to successfully guard Boris Diaw is stupid.

Red

TYPE-A
Jan. 6, 2012

ITS THE COACH YOU STUPID F*CK!

FOUR CORNERS: Knicks coach, Anthony not a good matchBy JUSTIN TERRANOVALast Updated:*3:46 PM, January 5, 2012
It?s really not his fault.
But Mike D?Antoni may not be the right coach to manage these Knicks superstars. In Phoenix, D?Antoni had Steve Nash, who was perfect for the speedball offense and did not need motivation to play at an MVP level.
Carmelo Anthony is the antithesis of that. Anthony likes to hold the ball upon getting it, slowing things down instead of speeding them up. That was the concern when the Knicks traded with the Nuggets for Anthony last season. But the months of the Knicks fawning over Anthony, and the steep price they paid for him, has created something worse.
It?s created a sense of entitlement. You get the idea watching Anthony, and to an extent Amar?e Stoudemire, that they are convinced the fact they are superstars will be enough for them to prevail against some of the weaker teams in the NBA.
It?s how the Raptors and Bobcats stroll into the Garden this week and leave with wins. It?s how the Knicks? supposedly highly billed frontcourt gets embarrassed by Charlotte?s Boris Diaw. It?s why frustrated Knicks fans are chanting for Iman Shumpert.
It was obvious to everyone that Shumpert was giving 100 percent from the moment he stepped on the court. Ideally, Anthony would walk out on the court every night with that sense of purpose, but short of that, fans would settle for some nights.
But D?Antoni, at least publicly, is not doing enough to change Anthony?s mindset. When Anthony fired up a 3-pointer to try to tie the Raptors game Monday night in the final seconds, D?Antoni conceded that wasn?t the play he called. But he refused to call out Anthony for settling for a contested 3 instead of driving to the basket. Instead, the coach made excuses.

Notice how this ignorant asshole mentions "OFFENSE" when it comes to D'Antoni...

DON'T BE LIKE THIS SCHMUCK AND FALL FOR THIS GARBAGE.

I'm so f*cking sick of this conditioning. STOP and realize when you talk about 'Antoni you CAN ONLY REFER TO OFFENSE-

REALIZE YOU CAN'T BE GOOD OR GREAT WITHOUT DEFENSE. Everyday, every article, "speed ball offense", "offensive genius", Steve Nash =

OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE

NEVER once do these people in denial stop and think "damn, you know I never mention defense with this guy", he can't be good nor great without defense.

Please go!

quiggle

Starter
some of you wonder why Dantoni isnt gone yet I think you have the New York Rangers to blame. considering how much money was lost in the lockout and the need to recoup from MSG renovations, the Knicks are a lousy product now and why changes havent been made yet because it will certainly effect ticket sales eventually but since the Rangers are the buzz of the town now and have the best record in the NHL maybe Dolan is letter the baby brother take a back seat first.

KBlack25

Starter
some of you wonder why Dantoni isnt gone yet I think you have the New York Rangers to blame. considering how much money was lost in the lockout and the need to recoup from MSG renovations, the Knicks are a lousy product now and why changes havent been made yet because it will certainly effect ticket sales eventually but since the Rangers are the buzz of the town now and have the best record in the NHL maybe Dolan is letter the baby brother take a back seat first.

English please?

WOW, LOL. I'm feeling this sh!t here...

Enough is enough. This fake coach was giving too many chances, Too many roster changes and yet he still has supporters making excuses for him. Someone needs to garbage bag this dude and slam dunk him in the nearest dumpster. We got rid of his scrub son and now its his turn. If the bockers don't turn it around soon the fans and media will force him out of here. I almost sheded some tears watching the Bobcats make us look like some HS team...

as far as the list is concern...you already know what it is...

Toons

is the Bo$$
the knicks were trying to get lawrence frank to coach us, they even sent him baskets filled with gifts....he declined tho. so its not like our front office isnt trying to get a new coach...