knicks sign D league D nichols to 10 day

jam4nick

Rookie
Notes & quotes: With Cheikh Samb now in the fold, the Knicks will next sign guard/forward Demetris Nichols to a 10-day contract tomorrow . . . Chris Wilcox is promoting a bone marrow donor drive in Manhattan on Saturday to hopefully find a perfect match for a 6-year-old girl named Jasmina Anema, who on Jan. 20 was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of leukemia

well alot of you guys want this dude.. lets see what he worth....

is it me r they are playing the shit out of pat ewing jr?:alert:

Kiyaman

Legend
Did someone say, "Demetris Nichols".

What do D.Nichols bring to the Knicks.....a young athletic player with wise decision-making that will make Chandler & Gallo stay at the TOP of their game having D.Nichols on the roster.

Weakness: he's a 6.8 SG that fear injury of the bumbing/grinding at the SF position on defense.
The same as our 6.11 SF-Gallo that fear back injury if forced to play PF on defense.
This is why David Lee is so important to this Knick Team b/c his rebounding is a big-plus and a major factor of Gallo & D.Nichols peremeter offense spreading a lead wide open for a Knick WIN...
:beer:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
At least D Nich can shoot. We need shooters in the backcourt. Duhon and Hughes are too inconsistent.

Ewing Jr has not been very impressive in D-League. If he can't play well in the D-League we shouldn't sign him. Nostalgia is not a reason to sign a player.

Kiyaman

Legend
The behind the seen....Allan Houston probably had alot to do with the D.Nichols signing (both was cut in Isiah's preseason)....preparing both Samb & Nichols for the Knicks Summer League team this offseason is a wise move. Having Samb & Curry report to the Knicks bigman camp this offseason could give us some size next season.

We still have to make some room on the coaching-staff for a defensive-coach and a bigman coach.

LeFlume

All Star
I'm an SU man and I bleed Orange. Don't forget that Syracuse brought us a Super Bowl in 08. David Tyree's helmet catch is a classic and he is an Orange man. So is Coach Coughlin by the way. Orange in New York equal championships. Bring it Demetris :peace:

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
I'm an SU man and I bleed Orange. Don't forget that Syracuse brought us a Super Bowl in 08. David Tyree's helmet catch is a classic and he is an Orange man. So is Coach Coughlin by the way. Orange in New York equal championships. Bring it Demetris :peace:

Jonny flynn is a favourite of mine. Anyway, I dont think Nichols will make much difference. Hes just another Roberson in my opinion.

portega1968

El Cacique
now all we need are Patrick Ewing to coach the big men, Mike Fratello to install some defense and Renaldo Balkman to be the Tazman again and Kiya will call us a championship team.

JayJ44

Starter
At least D Nich can shoot. We need shooters in the backcourt. Duhon and Hughes are too inconsistent.

Ewing Jr has not been very impressive in D-League. If he can't play well in the D-League we shouldn't sign him. Nostalgia is not a reason to sign a player.

I disagree. He'll cost very little, and we have room on the roster. Why not do something to make the fans happy, when it causes no detriment to the team? Besides the fact he's a pretty good defender, and incredibly athletic.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Did someone say, "Demetris Nichols".

What do D.Nichols bring to the Knicks.....a young athletic player with wise decision-making that will make Chandler & Gallo stay at the TOP of their game having D.Nichols on the roster.

Weakness: he's a 6.8 SG that fear injury of the bumbing/grinding at the SF position on defense.
The same as our 6.11 SF-Gallo that fear back injury if forced to play PF on defense.
This is why David Lee is so important to this Knick Team b/c his rebounding is a big-plus and a major factor of Gallo & D.Nichols peremeter offense spreading a lead wide open for a Knick WIN...
:beer:
So Kiya,after you heard about D-Nic and had your "wet dream" did you smoke
A- a cigarette
B- a cigar
C- a blunt
D- have a second "wet dream"

jpz17

Starter
guys be easy on kiya, he may be the best poster on here. I always love reading his posts maybe more than everyone else's

33EWING6

Rookie

You don't think? His FG% isn't good, but he gets to the line & rebounds well. Not like we'd be bringing him in to lead the league in scoring. Sound defense is his game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Three Players for 3-Ball competition

So Kiya,after you heard about D-Nic and had your "wet dream" did you smoke
A- a cigarette
B- a cigar
C- a blunt
D- have a second "wet dream"

We needed D.Nichols as our backup SG last season to come off the bench with Nate and Balkman to spread the court wide open for Curry, Zach, and Lee down low.
Crawful and Fred Jones had to be the worst SG in the league last season.

Nate and D.Nichols on the peremeter is just like the old Bulls Steve Kerr and Kuko comming into the game to spread coach Jax Tri-angle offense even wider.

Having Nate, D.Nichols, and Gallo.....peremeter 3-Ball shooting says one thing....if D.Nichols make it through this season means we will resign him and Nate Robinson and have one of the deadliest 3-Ball shooting teams under Dantoni's offense for the 2009-10 season.