New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics Game Thread 10/17

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
New York Knicks (1-2) @ Boston Celtics (3-1)
Friday at 7:30pm ET, Live on MSG Plus

Welcome to the official MSG33 pregame show. I am the Gold Mac 10 and its time to break down Friday nights preseason game. The Knicks will be heading northeast to Boston where they will face the Smelltics, who they will see again next next Tuesday. The Celtics have beat Cleveland twice, and the Houston Rockets. Houston gave them a great game, only losing by once. Ron Artest was going at it with the entire Celtics team...or so it seemed like. He nearly injured Paul Pierce early in the game, and he hip checked Ray Allen out of bounds. Celtics fans did alot of booing, as expected from those drunk racist bastards.

The Knicks are coming off a 7 point loss against the 76ers. David Lee played very impressive in that game, scoring 17 points while grabbing 7 rebounds and he also dished out 7 assists. Mardy Collins scored 10 points off the bench and was perfect from the field (5-5). Zach Randolph (17pts, 10rbs) and Wilson Chandler (20pts, 10rbs) both finished with double doubles.

Stephon Marbury has received some hatred from angry fans for making the claim that he is a starter. But he also went on to say that if coach (Mike D) wants him to come off the bench, that is what he will do and all he wants to do is win a championship. Fans were also upset that this quote came after he failed to score a point in 20 minutes, but he did have 6 assists and only 3 field goal attempts. Marbury has had to defend and be defended by shooting guards who have a couple inches on him. To Chris Duhon's credit, he has shot better then he has in the past, and he appears to be a solid role player. On the flipside, he has been very turnover prone and while he might be shooting better the first 3 games of preseason, it remains to be seen as to if he will still have his touch once the regular season gets underway.

Starting Lineups

Boston Smelltics

At point guard, Rajon john doe
At shooting guard, Gay Allan
At small forward, Paul Pierced Pussy
At power forward, Kevin GarNOT (aka Gay G)
At center, Patrick O'bryant

knicks.gif

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER ZACH RANDOLPH

KNICKS BENCH: Wilson Chandler, Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson, Eddy Curry, Malik Rose, Anthony Roberson, Mardy Collins, Patrick Ewing Jr., Jerome James, Dan Grunfeld

QUESTIONABLE FOR TONIGHT: Allan Houston and Danilo Gallinari

Knicks_Dribbling_600_100605.jpg

Throwback Hip Hop Joint of the Day

Artist: Smif-n-Wessun
Song: Wreckonize
Album: Dah Shinin'

Download here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5C97B6F6

Thanks for joining me here on The Gold Mac's pregame show, catch me next time and enjoy Friday Nights game.

Last edited:

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Yeah it will be the real preseason test. Most everyone on this site hates the celtics and i do too! Hopefully the Knicks can go into the boston garden tomorrow and beat some celtic ass. Theres no doubt that the knicks can run, and just maybe if we play a little bit of defense and light it up from 3 point-land again, we will beat boston.

The only match-up worth watching in this game will be Rondo vs Duhon. I hope Chris can stay with a lightning quick Rondo and cause problems for the Celtics before they even get set up on offence. That would be a nice sign of things to come if he can (someone besides a playing time limited Steph playing perimeter D..... no way :p, we still need to get our post D worked out!) I don't expect much tonight, but I'd like to see Ewing Jr. at least get off the bench!..... and see Lee and Z-Bo post anoter double/double a piece :)

Kiyaman

Legend
The real test for Dantoni uptempo system with these Knick Players will be against coach Doc Rivers young running uptempo Bench-Players that are 4-1 in the Preseason Games.

The Boston Celtics Championship 5-Starters are only allowed 20 minutes of playingtime in the preseason game under coach Doc Rivers.

The only team that matched up to beat Boston bench players uptempo game was the 76ers. Inwhich Dantoni uptempo system could have beat the 76er's twice in a row but did'nt.

The Knicks best "seven second" uptempo players on the team after 3 games are:

Suprise to everyone (especially myself) Marbury steady pushing the ball and slashing to the hoop while fronting his man hard on defense has excelled in Dantoni's "seven second" uptempo run n gun system. Your damn right I'm shocked!

Nate Robinson finally shows his glow of delight in being able to do the things that made him a first round pick in the draft with CP3, Deron, and Felton.

Wilson Chandler the rookie that was forgotten on the bench, will get his first full season to start the high bidding when he becomes a FA. He is excelling in every part of the game. Need to be apart of a 3-guard rotation but the Knicks are using him to score, rebound, and defend bigmen.

David Lee happen to be the best part of this Knick Team, his chemistry performance makes all his teammates performance decent NBA players.

Malik Rose I'm not crazy about but he happen to be the best leader on court to guide his teammates in the right position for success in this uptempo "seven second" run n gun system. Plus he can rebound over alot of Bigmen oponents and look to throw the lob pass off of each rebound.

Duhorn the new guy on the block whom is looking for 5 to 8 teammates he can blend with to fit into a chemistry uptempo system. He only need to cut down on the two much dribbling and dominate more on his passing skillz.

Will coach Dantoni play the 6 players above in a lineup vs Boston Starters and Bench Players? NO!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The real test for Dantoni uptempo system with these Knick Players will be against coach Doc Rivers young running uptempo Bench-Players that are 4-1 in the Preseason Games.

The Boston Celtics Championship 5-Starters are only allowed 20 minutes of playingtime in the preseason game under coach Doc Rivers.

The only team that matched up to beat Boston bench players uptempo game was the 76ers. Inwhich Dantoni uptempo system could have beat the 76er's twice in a row but did'nt.

Suprise to everyone (especially myself) Marbury steady pushing the ball and slashing to the hoop while fronting his man hard on defense has excelled in Dantoni's "seven second" uptempo run n gun system. Your damn right I'm shocked!

Nate Robinson finally shows his glow of delight in being able to do the things that made him a first round pick in the draft with CP3, Deron, and Felton.

Wilson Chandler the rookie that was forgotten on the bench, will get his first full season to start the high bidding when he becomes a FA. He is excelling in every part of the game. Need to be apart of a 3-guard rotation but the Knicks are using him to score, rebound, and defend bigmen.

David Lee happen to be the best part of this Knick Team, his chemistry performance makes all his teammates performance decent NBA players.

Malik Rose I'm not crazy about but he happen to be the best leader on court to guide his teammates in the right position for success in this uptempo "seven second" run n gun system. Plus he can rebound over alot of Bigmen oponents and look to throw the lob pass off of each rebound.

Duhorn the new guy on the block whom is looking for 5 to 8 teammates he can blend with to fit into a chemistry uptempo system. He only need to cut down on the two much dribbling and dominate more on his passing skillz.

Will coach Dantoni play the 6 players above in a lineup vs Boston Starters and Bench Players? NO!!!

Kiyaman do you wanna join team starbury?

How do you think Miss Duhorn will do against Rondo?

Anyone else notice Duhorn really aint that good defensively?

Marbury guards shooting guards better then duhorn guards point guards

Ask Andre miller :lol:

GetRealistic

Starter

Is This game 30 of the regular season or the 4th game of the preseason? I'm confused....

Kiya if your honestly rewatching preseason games over and over you truely need to get a life.

Its Friday night fellas, watch the first half or use the great DVR invention and tape the game and check it out tomarrow afternoon. Its the preseason so don't worry about it. We get no extra wins based on our preseason record.

We beat the Celtics in the preseason last season.. What'd that get us? The goal tonight in my opinion is to stay healthy and just continue to progress. Really could care less about stats. Every game against the Celtics last year was a blow out 5 minutes in. So if you want to look at something hopefully we play a solid first quarter.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Is This game 30 of the regular season or the 4th game of the preseason? I'm confused....

Kiya if your honestly rewatching preseason games over and over you truely need to get a life.

Its Friday night fellas, watch the first half or use the great DVR invention and tape the game and check it out tomarrow afternoon. Its the preseason so don't worry about it. We get no extra wins based on our preseason record.

We beat the Celtics in the preseason last season.. What'd that get us? The goal tonight in my opinion is to stay healthy and just continue to progress. Really could care less about stats. Every game against the Celtics last year was a blow out 5 minutes in. So if you want to look at something hopefully we play a solid first quarter.

I remember when we beat them last year, we embarrassed them. They tried very hard to win that game. Garnett, pierce, and allan all played at least 40 minutes. I remember celtics fans feelings were hurt after that game. Yea, i know they just won the championship but i still think their overrated. If Gibson didnt get hurt in game 6 cleveland woulda beaten them. Game 7 was real close, the cavs needed one more scorer. I just hope they dont win again this year, i wont watch basketball anymore if they repeat. Same with baseball, if the red sox win.

GetRealistic

Starter
That Red Sox game was crazy last night. I went to bed with them trailing 7-0 and while i'm driving to work i hear that they won. Tampa is in trouble now, all those young kids are going to be nervous now.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
That Red Sox game was crazy last night. I went to bed with them trailing 7-0 and while i'm driving to work i hear that they won. Tampa is in trouble now, all those young kids are going to be nervous now.

They got me worried. I cant deal with them repeating. If they make it past tampa its all over. The phillies wont stop them. Is game 6 tonight?

portega1968

El Cacique
Id like to see Ewing and Roberson get some burn tonight.

Nate, Chandler and Lee should sit this one out 'cause they seem to be ready for the season.

I do want to see Duhon, Crawford and Marbury get at least 30 mins together on the court.

GetRealistic

Starter
Game 6 is tomarrow....

I know this will greatly upset Kiya because it won't be our top 6 energy guys providing us with a hugely important preseason win. But Eddy Curry should play 25 minutes tonight atleast. Were stuck with him so we might as well see if he can do something in the preseason. I think it comes down to Curry or Malik as our true big guy off the bench and Malik is far from a big guy.

I agree Ewing Jr and Roberson should play.....

I don't really see the necessity for Duhon, Crawford, or Marbury to play that many minutes.... I'd have no problem with say Marbury playing 25/30 minutes tonight and Duhon getting the night off. And then the next game doing just the opposite.

Unless theres a crazy trade/buyout these two are going to be on the team so lets see if Roberson is worth keeping around.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Ewing jr should play but i dont think roberson should. They should just cut him now, it was a mistake to sign him. Let someone else get those minutes. Id rather see the 6.6 Mardy Collins get those minutes.

Q.Rich off to a rough start, per usual

some nice passes, some hesitation it seems

Crawford does look lost without the ball sometimes

Lee's got the jumper starting up

midway first quarter

our D looks pretty bad honestly, we're not keeping with anyone ,its like last year ...always a step behind

only the first quarter,hopefully they'll pick up the intensity and start fighting through picks for once

knicks have picked it up on both ends of the court

ball movement has improved a lot since the first quarter

real low on turn overs tonight, esp compared to the previous games

they've been running chandler hard since the middle of the first, seems like the change is becoming pretty clear....rich may end up coming off the bench for chandler if he doesnt start sinking open 3's

no ewing jr yet

nates been goin petal to the metal, curry's been active, doesnt seem as lost as people have been saying previous to tonights game. i wish i saw him run with his head down ONCE. seems like he's always out for a jog..

midway 2nd quarter, just updating for those out early or stuck at work