Carmelo Anthony Playoff Timeline

CA7

Scoring Champ
It's more than that. MJ was one of the best two-way players, and a true leader on the court. Teammates believed in him and probably played for him more than they played for Jax. I know you dont like hear this but Melo just doesnt have it in him yet.

And back then iso was the main course of the offensive meals for many teams. Now scouting reports and statistics are far advanced, well-kept and easily retrievable by computers. No matter what kind of set of offense you have, scouts and statistics will be able expose its weakest points or low %. Keep away from high % and you will have better chances of beating them.

You cant do that in the regular season because teams have to change their plans 82 times in a season; you will only confuse the coaches and players.

Nothing holds more true to this than last year playoffs. Heat lost 0-3 regular season, but during playoff meeting, Bulls lost 1-4. All credit goes to the coaching and scouts of Heat and especially to Spoelstra. I hate the Heat just as much but he is one helluva coach!

Never in my post, I placed any blame of Melo for this series. IMO It's the coaching and scouting stuff and we got embassed like this. Heat a better team came well prepared. Knicks arent a better team but came toatlly unprepared.

You gotta admit Melo has really stepped it up on the other side and every other aspect

He's become a more complete player but still has a far way to go but he's getting there

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
You gotta admit Melo has really stepped it up on the other side and every other aspect

He's become a more complete player but still has a far way to go but he's getting there
He can't become complete, nor will he ever lead a team, if he doesnt work from within; his character and his mental approach to this game.

There is nothing wrong by admitting and apologizing to Knicks fans that he was dissappointed at himself for not playing up to everyone expectation. Or admitting he wasnt in his best physical shape due to lack of off-season workout.

The problems he had with George Karl, D'Antoni and his selfishness are only symptoms of his flaw character. He can never become a leader with this kind of character flaws.

Column conscience Ricky St. Jean counted numerous times ?Melo barely got over halfcourt, mostly to the 3-point line, where he does an abrupt about-face and heads back down to do what he does ? SHOOT.?

With this kind of behavior on the court, no teammates (except JR) will follow his lead and a good explanation for the poor performance by other Knicks.

If he can conquer his own demon from within, work hard during off season, transforms himself into Paul Pierce of Knicks, he can easily become one the most beloved Knicks. If he doesnt, the media and fans are ready to bash as soon as he has a poor performance.