Religulous

That's a good one. I've always liked that argument. It is essentially saying that since you cannot prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist, then therefore it must exist. As with all Gods: Krishna, Jehovah, Yahweh, Zeus, Apollo, Allah, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc etc....It's a nice way of making the point that none of those Gods exists and they were all created by man, like the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The difference between all of those God's and Jehovah is, Jehovah makes things happen. The rest of them, not so much.

Never heard of Krishna but the other two weren't real people. Big difference.

And don't say that Jesus never existed because Flavius Josephus, who was not a follower of Jesus, wrote about him in his writings and confirmed the crucifixion with Ponteus Pilate and the Jewish leaders.

He was real and he was crucified. Big difference.

Neither was Krishna.

The most fascinating part of this is that evolutionists fail to give thought to Neanderthal and such as human species that just died off. Instead, they try to make them a species apart from humans, though they won't go as far as to say they are anything else, just to fit their belief. But condemn the Bible, which has has factual events in our very modern human history, that no other book in the world has at the time of being written, as hog wash.

If credible scientist's can even fathom Neanderthal and modern humans breeding.. Even think it possible, then they'd also be conceding that Neanderthal is in fact human. Because no matter how closely monkey and human dna are, no one thinks they can interbreed.

The Bible says that God created all beings according to their KINDS. So why can't Neanderthal be a KIND of human, that just no longer exists?

Nope. But hey, there isn't much more in the Christian way of life. Its just live, die, and either suffer eternally or be chosen to be in eternal happyiness.

Actually, the Bible does not really teach eternal suffering. It is widely believed that Hell is for bad people. Jesus died perfectly faithful to God, yet the bible says he was in Hades or hell for 3 days. Why would God allow a person who never did any wrong to burn in hell for any length of time? Makes no sense. And no form of reasoning can make that make sense. Because that then means that even good people go to hell to burn. So then really, what is the criteria for escaping it, even if it did exists? And besides that, Jesus has no recollection of anything that went on while he was dead for 3 days. Why is that? Is not hell meant for those who have sinned against God? And are they not there to be in torment for their sins? Over and over and over and over... Eternally? Ponder that thought, with the fact that Jesus likened Lazarus death to sleep. Lazarus dead 4 days, one more day than Jesus was dead. You mean to tell me neither of them could write one sentence in the bible about the afterlife, while spending a combined 7 days dead, but the bible can record miraculous prophecy in remarkable detail? Or maybe it is just as ecclesiastes 9:5 says.. The dead are conscious of nothing at all. You're either dead, or you're alive. No in between.

Can I see god as a being that enjoys toying with his creations for his own amusement? Yes.
While I can completely understand your thought here, and have pondered similar a time or two in my life as well, the Bible explains why things are the way they are. And God finds nothing about humans living and dying apart from him in turmoil any fun.

Can I even remotely believe he is someone seeing if his own creatioins are flawed or not during their entire lives to see if they deserve eternal salvation or damnation? No way in hell....No pun intendeded..
Well even humans acknowledge that they are flawed. So God would have known that before we did. But why are we flawed? If the bible is not true, what is the answer to that? Why are humans flawed?

God knows that no human is perfect, and he wants all who love him to live forever. But Love is a two way street. Both parties have to want it. You show you love him by obeying what he as the maker says is best for us. The same way you'd listen to your parents growing up for showing their love by raising you the best way they knew how.

The issue of life and death with God is parralel to what we see in life from loving parents. As much as our parents try to protect us from the big bad world, it is up to us to heed the warnings and remain as free as possible from it. Parents say, say no to drugs, they can kill you, ruin your family, ruin lives even outside your family. If you go to binging, did your parents stop loving you, or did you just not heed their loving warning?

Jehovah deals the same way. He says the enemy is the cause of why things are bad, you can avoid being part of it if you abide in what he tells us will keep us as clean as an imperfect person can be from the perils of this system. And it will show that you love him enough to listen as the loving parent he is. And to top it off, he is going to fix what is wrong, for the VERY SAKE OF THOSE WHO LISTEN. But something has eventually got to give. The world can't continue to exist the way it is. There is no future in the way the world is headed. So choose your path. Because like it or not, things are going to change in this world, and it won't be because of Obama.

And fyi, not trying to run this in the ground, I think we all did a damn good job of expressing our views in other threads. So I will try to leave it here.

Go Knicks!

Paul1355

All Star
Nope. But hey, there isn't much more in the Christian way of life. Its just live, die, and either suffer eternally or be chosen to be in eternal happyiness.

Honestly, the afterlife is the most bogus part to the Bible for me. I could totally understand a creator or whatever and the majority of the Bible much more if the idea of an Afterlife wasn't in there. It is just too convenient for me. It just covers the need of people to avoid the fear of death.

Can I see god as a being that enjoys toying with his creations for his own amusement? Yes.

Can I even remotely believe he is someone seeing if his own creatioins are flawed or not during their entire lives to see if they deserve eternal salvation or damnation? No way in hell....No pun intendeded..

I know you think the Afterlife and another world like Heaven or Hell is bogus. But Jesus was crucified because he called himself the Messiah, King of the Jews, and the King of a Kingdom "not of this world." So you have Jesus, a man with everyone against him except for his disciples, ready to do the worst possible things to him, and he still stood straight in the face of Ponteus Pilate and said these words. Why would Jesus risk his life, suffer the most imaginable pain, and utter humiliation for a fantasy world that doesn't exist? You see what I am saying? It doesn't fit. Jesus knew he was right. There was no doubt in his mind.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Not this GOD bullshit again. For the last time there is no invisble sky daddy coming to rescue you from your ugly wife, pain in the ass kids, the boss you don't like, or that neighbor who you'd love to snuff in a dark alley. The Bible is the word of GOD?

So apparently this GOD thinks it's perfectly plausible to be able to create a planet before a universe. That it's perfectly acceptable that all races of human beings can come from 1 man, 1 woman..not to mention develop vastly different cultures and languages. That stopping the earth from rotating on it's axis will do no harm. That the earth is the center of the entire UNIVERSE.

Guy goes on a break around here and sure enough you folks start pulling this shit again.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
So theory is science now? When has science ever proven that something comes from nothing? Where is the evidence for that?

I'll surely take the bible over monkey ancestors. Growing that tail yet? lol...

Your attention span must be really limited...I could've sworn not to long ago I answered this myself in 2 separate threads...over 20 pages long each just about....not to mention others as well explaining the word "THEORY" to you.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Never heard of Krishna but the other two weren't real people. Big difference.

And don't say that Jesus never existed because Flavius Josephus, who was not a follower of Jesus, wrote about him in his writings and confirmed the crucifixion with Ponteus Pilate and the Jewish leaders.

He was real and he was crucified. Big difference.

Josephus claiming Jesus was real was not based on any credible evidence....

There are two extant references in Josephus on Jesus, the one directly concerning Jesus has come to be known as the Testimonium Flavianum. These passages appear in The Antiquities of the Jews, written in the year 93 by the Jewish historian Josephus.

All extant copies of this work, which all derive from Christian sources, even the recently recovered Arabic version, contain the two passages about Jesus. The authenticity of the Testimonium Flavianum has been disputed since the 17th century, and by the mid 18th century the consensus view was that it was a forgery. This consensus was questioned in the 20th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus

Paul1355

All Star
Josephus claiming Jesus was real was not based on any credible evidence....

There are two extant references in Josephus on Jesus, the one directly concerning Jesus has come to be known as the Testimonium Flavianum. These passages appear in The Antiquities of the Jews, written in the year 93 by the Jewish historian Josephus.

All extant copies of this work, which all derive from Christian sources, even the recently recovered Arabic version, contain the two passages about Jesus. The authenticity of the Testimonium Flavianum has been disputed since the 17th century, and by the mid 18th century the consensus view was that it was a forgery. This consensus was questioned in the 20th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus

You still think he never existed?

Your attention span must be really limited...I could've sworn not to long ago I answered this myself in 2 separate threads...over 20 pages long each just about....not to mention others as well explaining the word "THEORY" to you.

You are the guy who thinks it's ok for people of any age to have sex so long as they are being responsible by using condoms. Even kids.

Nothing you say has had any relevance to me since. Take care.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The difference between all of those God's and Jehovah is, Jehovah makes things happen. The rest of them, not so much.

That is false. Yet you believe the other gods do not exist and were created by humans, and not yours. You are an atheist in respect to Krishna, Zeus, Apollo, Buddha, etc. I've just taken it one god further.

That is false. Yet you believe the other gods do not exist and were created by humans, and not yours. You are an atheist in respect to Krishna, Zeus, Apollo, Buddha, etc. I've just taken it one god further.

Well let's see. We have the Alexander the great Prophecy, Tyre, Edom, Jerusalem 66-70 ce, we have the Kingdom message being preached today worldwide, Babylon the ancient city is desolate to this very day. To name a few. These are all things Jehovah said he would do, or would happen. All have come true. Only a fool would sit and argue they have not.

Tell me something that Krishna, Zeus, Apollo, Buddha have prophesied about that has come true?

1 thing.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Well let's see. We have the Alexander the great Prophecy, Tyre, Edom, Jerusalem 66-70 ce, we have the Kingdom message being preached today worldwide, Babylon the ancient city is desolate to this very day. To name a few. These are all things Jehovah said he would do, or would happen. All have come true. Only a fool would sit and argue they have not.

Tell me something that Krishna, Zeus, Apollo, Buddha have prophesied about that has come true?

1 thing.

Quran prophecies that have come true (written over 1400 years ago):

And after him We said to the Children of Israel, 'Dwell Ye in the promised land; and when the time of the promise of the Latter Days come, We shall bring you together out of various people." (17:105)

-prophecy of the creation of Israel

"It never happens that permissiveness overwhelms a people to the extent that they display their acts of sex shamelessly and they are not uniquely punished by God. Among them, invariably, pestilence is made to spread and such other diseases, the like of which have never been witnessed by their forefathers." (Ibn-e-Majah, Kitab-ul-Fitan)

-prophecy of sexually transmitted diseases

Mohammed existed. Yet you do not follow Islam. Why?

Hindu prophecies fulfilled:

In the Kali Yuga, wealth alone will be the deciding factor of nobility [in place of birth, righteous behaviour or merit]. And brute force will be the only standard in establishing or deciding what is righteous or just.

Mutual liking [and not family pedigree, social status, etc.] will be the deciding factor in choosing a partner in marriage; cheating will be the order of the day in business relations; satisfaction of sexual pleasure will be the only consideration of male or female excellence and worthiness; and the wearing of the sacred thread (Yajnopavita) [and not pious behaviour or Vedic or Shastric learning] will be the outward index of being a Brahmin.(2)

Last edited:
Quran prophecies that have come true (written over 1400 years ago):

And after him We said to the Children of Israel, 'Dwell Ye in the promised land; and when the time of the promise of the Latter Days come, We shall bring you together out of various people." (17:105)

-prophecy of the creation of Israel
Was this written before the new testament? And is Israel a various people, or are they Jews?

"It never happens that permissiveness overwhelms a people to the extent that they display their acts of sex shamelessly and they are not uniquely punished by God. Among them, invariably, pestilence is made to spread and such other diseases, the like of which have never been witnessed by their forefathers." (Ibn-e-Majah, Kitab-ul-Fitan)

-prophecy of sexually transmitted diseases
This is a prophecy?

Mohammed existed. Yet you do not follow Islam. Why?
Because God's word is the Bible, not the the Koran or Islam.

Hindu prophecies fulfilled:

In the Kali Yuga, wealth alone will be the deciding factor of nobility [in place of birth, righteous behaviour or merit]. And brute force will be the only standard in establishing or deciding what is righteous or just.

Mutual liking [and not family pedigree, social status, etc.] will be the deciding factor in choosing a partner in marriage; cheating will be the order of the day in business relations; satisfaction of sexual pleasure will be the only consideration of male or female excellence and worthiness; and the wearing of the sacred thread (Yajnopavita) [and not pious behaviour or Vedic or Shastric learning] will be the outward index of being a Brahmin.(2)

I don't know what Kali Yuga is. And the place of birth? This sounds more like vague philosophy than Prophecy. I cannot compare any of these to the Prophecies in Daniel alone, much less the other striking prophecies of the Bible. Seriously, it's a beat down of mammoth proportions.

Why is the Bible the only book that prophesies the demise of a once world powers, to the point of complete desolation? Why does no other inspired book of God go out on such a limb? Can you show me that from any of these books? If you cannot, then that is the separation from the Bible to any other book. Amongst others, but that is a glaring difference.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Ha! Tell the "hairy he-goat" and other vague prophecies to a Hindu scholar or a Muslim scholar and they will say the same things as you. But that's my point. You are all wrong. The only thing that is truth is science, and all of you want to believe these silly stories and disregard science when you have no knowledge whatsoever. The less educated a person is, the greater the chance for them to believe silly stories that are impossible. That is proven. The less educated a nation's population is, the more religious the nation is. Religion's purpose today is to block knowledge. That needs to end. Because the more you know about the universe and the natural world, the more you realize how wrong every religion is.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.”

-Steven Weinberg

Ha! Tell the "hairy he-goat" and other vague prophecies to a Hindu scholar or a Muslim scholar and they will say the same things as you. But that's my point. You are all wrong. The only thing that is truth is science, and all of you want to believe these silly stories and disregard science when you have no knowledge whatsoever. The less educated a person is, the greater the chance for them to believe silly stories that are impossible. That is proven. The less educated a nation's population is, the more religious the nation is. Religion's purpose today is to block knowledge. That needs to end. Because the more you know about the universe and the natural world, the more you realize how wrong every religion is.

There is nothing at all vague about the Alexander the great prophecy. After all, The prophecy does go onto say exactly who the great beasts stand for and what exactly it means, and what exactly will happen. When something is explained, then it cannot be vague, silly man. :) You claim to be the smart one here, remember?

And um, I believe I have been educated enough on Neanderthals by people that are smarter than the both of us here, and they believe that Neanderthals are a human species. They went from drawing Neanderthal as a straight up ape less than 100 years ago, to flat out having them look more and more modern human. That must mean that most of the scientific world believes they were much more closer to modern human that they ever were to Ape. In fact, some believe that Neanderthal and modern Man even mated at one point. If that is true, then they surely cannot be ape at all, as we know apes and humans cannot interbreed. Therefore, the evidence once again sways toward the Bible being right when God said he made each species according to their kinds. Neanderthal is a human species that died off. End of the story.

Have fun.

And by the way... This guy you have in this video who tries to reason with the man on the moon coming from the earths ocean... REALLY? And you have a problem with Christians believing the Noah's Ark story? REALLY? This just gets better and better LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
And by the way... This guy you have in this video who tries to reason with the man on the moon coming from the earths ocean... REALLY? And you have a problem with Christians believing the Noah's Ark story? REALLY? This just gets better and better LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I guess it's a combination of a lack of education and intelligence with you. You completely misunderstood what they were talking about. Now I'm LMAO! But we've had these discussions before, and you've also proven your irrationality. You believe in impossible stories and that life on earth is 6,000 years old. I've been cordial with you, but I'm sorry, I can't anymore. I feel sorry for your children. Teaching them things that are completely opposite of reality and hiding the truth is a form of child abuse. You promote a thought process that removes facts and evidence, and a philosophy of "closing your eyes and plugging your ears". This same thought process and philosophy is what leads to fundamentalism like Al Queda, and is what is wrong with the world today. Education and understanding of the facts and evidence is the only way we can shed this primitive part of the human society. But unfortunately you don't want to know the facts and evidence because they disprove your beliefs. What you want to believe and what is truth are two different things. Your irrationality leaves me no other choice but to give up on educating you any further. I'm sorry for this, but I will continue to educate those that are rational about the facts relating to our place in the universe and the natural world. Eventually, enough people will understand the facts and evidence and religion will eventually have no place in society. When that happens, it will be a great time of enlightenment and human society will finaly be able to reach its fullest potential. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
I guess it's a combination of a lack of education and intelligence with you. You completely misunderstood what they were talking about. Now I'm LMAO! But we've had these discussions before, and you've also proven your irrationality. You believe in impossible stories and that life on earth is 6,000 years old. I've been cordial with you, but I'm sorry, I can't anymore. I feel sorry for your children. Teaching them things that are completely opposite of reality and hiding the truth is a form of child abuse. You promote a thought process that removes facts and evidence, and a philosophy of "closing your eyes and plugging your ears". This same thought process and philosophy is what leads to fundamentalism like Al Queda, and is what is wrong with the world today. Education and understanding of the facts and evidence is the only way we can shed this primitive part of the human society. But unfortunately you don't want to know the facts and evidence because they disprove your beliefs. What you want to believe and what is truth are two different things. Your irrationality leaves me no other choice but to give up on educating you any further. I'm sorry for this, but I will continue to educate those that are rational about the facts relating to our place in the universe and the natural world. Eventually, enough people will understand the facts and evidence and religion will eventually have no place in society. When that happens, it will be a great time of enlightenment and human society will finaly be able to reach its fullest potential. Good luck to you.

Again, nothing you say negative or positive influences my life any, and I'm sure it's ditto. So you could have called me scum of the earth for all I care.

But the fact is, you keep spewing these words- Facts and Evidence- as if clearly Science has proven there is no God, and that Neanderthals are tweeners between Man and Monkey or vice verse. THEY HAVE NOT DONE SO SMART MAN! YOU BELIEVE THAT IT HAS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO. That is it. So the very thing you accuse me for being dumb for, you fall prey to. Even Richard Dawkins says science does not have the answer to everything. But let you tell it, they have all we need lol.....

Fact: Alexander the Great defeated the world power known as the Medo Persian empire. Fact: Alexander the Great died suddenly at 32 at the height of his reign. Fact: Alexander the Greats army was dispersed between his four generals. Fact: Only the Christians that fled from Jerusalem during it's desolation between 66 c.e - 70 were spared besides the prisoners the Roman army decided to take.Fact: Ancient Babylon, once a sprawling world power is now a desolate uninhabitable waste land. Fact: The good news of the Kingdom of God is being preached throughout the entire inhabited earth today.

Fact: The Bible said these things would happen before they actually did. This is indisputable. This cannot be debated. These things actually happened.

Fact: LJ4PTPLAY says Neanderthals are not human. FACT Erik Trankaus Thinks they are human enough to have breeded with us, modern humans. FACT: Some scientists seem to think that Cro-magnon and Neanderthals interbreeded as well.

Now, as you point out, I'm not the most educated individual alive or anything like that, but I know that species breed according to their kinds. So I know that a human can't impregnate a monkey. So if these very smart scientists even debate whether Neanderthal or cro-mangon and modern man interbreeded at one time or another, then the consensus is that they must agree that they are all the same species. Different is ways, but same species, or kind.FACT: The Bible says God made each species according to their KINDS.

Why should I believe like you, that Neanderthal is not human, when there are scientist's who say they are, and they may have even mingled a time or two with modern humans? Because you're smarter than everyone else in the world? You know something we all don't? Tell me, smartest man alive, are Erik Trankaus and others wrong when they conclude that Neanderthals and cro-magnon MAN are in fact a human species? I'm pretty sure they deal with more evidence on the daily than you do.

And you don't really have to answer this, because you already lost. Because as much as science tries to be factual about everything, a lot of it is theory and opinion. Earth's oceans made the moon...........