Raptors offer deal to Landry Fields

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I just don't get it, how can these teams justify giving a player like landry. Imagine if the knicks dumbly matched that, how could tell turn to another player like JR or Novak and offer him less when they do so much more than landry.

Question: If the knicks make an offer to a player and somebody offers more than us, do we get a chance to revise the offer? or we just lose out? maybe that's why we sit and wait for teams to offer our guys contracts, so we can match and keep them. I don't know, but would really like to see management start making some offers and not just let all the good free agents find a home.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Question: If the knicks make an offer to a player and somebody offers more than us, do we get a chance to revise the offer? or we just lose out? maybe that's why we sit and wait for teams to offer our guys contracts, so we can match and keep them. I don't know, but would really like to see management start making some offers and not just let all the good free agents find a home.

then every team would wait for us to make an offer and theyd add a tiny more to their offer they were holding back on to beat us

RealNYK78

Rookie
Relax People...

GM know going into off season what is the plan n obstacles...If Knick can turn Fields from 2nd Round Pick into trading Bargain chip for a vet..then fine..but you can over react or pay..cause what Brooklyn is doing..Field have up side but not at that price..Lin is even more a wild care cause there a need at PT...Let see what GM does..Not DOLAN..I HOPE>>> You can't match a crazy offer in a bidding war with RAPTORS that just silly lol We should be competing with HEAT n Boston...

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Landry Fields' Offer

Toronto's offer to Landry is too good. There must be a method to the madness. It does limit us as a contender for Nash, but as another poster noted, we were not Nash's likely destination.

We cannot match the offer without giving up on Lin who is likely to command an even better back loaded offer. This means the Knicks will have to pay Lin huge amounts in the third and fourth years of his contract.

Perhaps Toronto buys Landry to entice Lin. We still control Lin. Could Toronto be trying to induce us to sign and trade Lin to them? What would they have to offer in return?

I am having a hard time with this one. And I have not fully digested the Nets trade for Joe Johnson

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
$30m for Landry? Did the Raptors find gold? How can they afford to pay that much for a 6th man?

If they plan on giving him a starting job then best of luck to them....:boohoo:

Landry was fine at the 6th for us but if he leaves not too big of a deal. I would prefer to see JR Smith at 6th but that doesn't look likely either now.

It is looking more and more like the front staff is looking to make our starting five next year:
Tyson
Amare (if they can't deal him)
Melo
Nash
Novak

With Jerome Jordan being our 6th man. Rest of the team will be filled out by Harlem Globetrotters for minimum. Should be a good season...

(Sorry I forgot the corpse of Bibby will also be on the bench.)

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Landry Fields ‏@landryfields
No matter what, GOD IS GOOD. Beyond thankful and humbled for His blessings. His grace is sufficient! #ThatWillBeAll

CoolClyde

nolaundry.jpg

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
20 million? is this a joke? for landry fields? wht has the world come to? i hope the knicks aren't dumb enough to match this.

skisloper

Starter
Landry must have thought his agent was joking......
Its a verbal agreement I suppose if Nash signs elsewhere then toronto can withdraw the offer...

petescud

Starter
I like Fields for 4 mil a year, no more. My guess is Toronto sends Fields to the Suns for Nash. Lin might go there as well. I'm scared of overpaying for either of these guys. Lin only played 46 games. He was practically non existant against the Heat

Paul1355

All Star
Landry must have thought his agent was joking......
Its a verbal agreement I suppose if Nash signs elsewhere then toronto can withdraw the offer...

Teams never back out of verbal agreements like that unless the player does not pass a physical.

Imagine the view of any player looking at the Raptors as the one team that offered a player a big deal, only to back out of it. That would look too bad. Once you make a verbal agreement, odds are it goes through. No team would ever join the Raptors if they pull that on Fields

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
$19M!!!!????

What in the name of buggery is going on here?

Massive Fields supporter, thought he'd find his shot and find his niche here this season, but $19M is out of control.

Obviously it's Lin related. Why the phuck else would they pour that much in? Is there a large Chinese population in Toronto? After multiple seasons of ****tyness they'll have to attack the market to stay afloat, wouldn't they?

Landry Fields ‏@landryfields
No matter what, GOD IS GOOD. Beyond thankful and humbled for His blessings. His grace is sufficient! #ThatWillBeAll

I give way less of a **** about Landry Fields if that's all he has to say. :whatever:

dragon434

Rookie
You want a bunch of lemmings circle jerking each other around here? Put your hallway monitor pass down.

He's a fine poster. Definitely one of the most lively. A little overboard with the theatrics, but he is also constantly going up against opposition.

I hope you have a kleenex to wipe away some of Red's drippings from your hand.

hey hey calm your ass down buddy, your delusional if u think his rants are quality posts. people like you are the same reason I dont like to comment on these forums.

If u ask me your the one who needs the kleenex, I come on these forums almost daily and its a fact that most people think the guy is borderline retard...... the dude is just another quiggle

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
damn, when news broke i was upset. i like him as a player and always felt if he can improve that J he would be a great role/strarting player. But at the moment hes just not worth 6 mill a year thats a bit much most i was willing to go was 3-4 mil. if we match (dont see how) great, if not wish him all the best.

KingCharles34

All Star
DAMN that much for Fields? Knicks are definitely fools if we match. Dont the already have a couple of 2's and 3's that are similar to Fields in productivity?