Everyone is getting better, except the Knicks.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Knicks, Pacers, Heat and Bulls all pretty much stayed the same

Wanna know what they all have in common a strong core while the Nets added 2 dudes literally done playing at a high level

I would have more impressed if they added Kirilenko, Korver, Brewer and Boozer(rumored)

you guys forget that a team with defined roles and players who fit those roles will outplay a team that throws together names like Proky did and thinks he's got a modern day dream team

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Knicks, Pacers, Heat and Bulls all pretty much stayed the same

Wanna know what they all have in common a strong core while the Nets added 2 dudes literally done playing at a high level

I would have more impressed if they added Kirilenko, Korver, Brewer and Boozer(rumored)

you guys forget that a team with defined roles and players who fit those roles will outplay a team that throws together names like Proky did and thinks he's got a modern day dream team

At least some people still have some sense around here

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
First off the pistons are still gonna stink.... as for other teams getting better then teams got worse too. Atlanta lost Teague and josh Smith to 2 different teams instead of having and above average hawks team to compete with like last year we have the bucks and pistons who aren't factors. The nets aren't gonna be 2nd, they're making alot of moves but it's not gonna work out. Don't believe the hype. How are we not getting better when we traded a one dimensional player for a 3 dimensional one. Even if it's one player it's still an upgrade. I'm just gonna say this now. He will impact our team more then kg will impact the nets... how are we not getting better when shump will take leaps and bounds next year. A better shump makes us beat indy... people are comparing our last years team to teams Making moves now... don't believe the hype. We will be cool. We still got one power player to get. Maybe its mwp or someone else but we're still gonna be right there... the same people praising the nets were the same ones complaining that we were to old. Don't believe the hype. The knicks will still be the second seed.

u are drunk .. Detroit Pistons just took Atlanta Hawks 5th seed spot by adding Josh Smith and coach Billups to the Pistons.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
If they're 5th then we're are we? We're still superior to them therefore they aren't a factor... so did you cheer for the knicks? Did you cheer for melo?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Maybe i'm looking at things through Rose colored glasses (I don't think I am tho) but people who agree with this thread must not have seen all the things written last season about Nets being such a good team, and Celtics winning the division and the Knicks being a 6 or 7 seed in the East etc. "Il Mago" is an upgrade from what Camby and Novak brought to the Knicks last season, it just is, whoever believes its not doesn't know basketball. Unlike some of you, I think JR Smith will get better this season, Shumpert will get better, I think Stat will get better. and I think Woodson was humbled in the playoffs getting out coached by Rivers and Vogel, and I hope he gets better and smarter with his subs and hopefully hires an "offensive coordinator" . But, reports of the Knicks demise is greatly exaggerated.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Maybe i'm looking at things through Rose colored glasses (I don't think I am tho) but people who agree with this thread must not have seen all the things written last season about Nets being such a good team, and Celtics winning the division and the Knicks being a 6 or 7 seed in the East etc. "Il Mago" is an upgrade from what Camby and Novak brought to the Knicks last season, it just is, whoever believes its not doesn't know basketball. Unlike some of you, I think JR Smith will get better this season, Shumpert will get better, I think Stat will get better. and I think Woodson was humbled in the playoffs getting out coached by Rivers and Vogel, and I hope he gets better and smarter with his subs and hopefully hires an "offensive coordinator" . But, reports of the Knicks demise is greatly exaggerated.

All I can do is praise ones that state the obvious. Thank you for not getting caught up in that nets nonsense.... we win 54 games and upgraded our roster. Through the draft, even a rookie in th jr will be worth more then James white and via trade bargnani is waaaaaay better then camby and Novak so how are we nit better when we clearly are

Kiyaman

Legend
Can't sleep on Detroit either.

1. Heat
2. Nets
3. Bulls
4. Pacers

5. Knicks
6. Pistons
7. Hawks
8. Bucks

What happens if the Cavs sign Bynum this week? a healthy Bynum & Varegao with PG-Irving and the #1 pick Bennett run run game of young teammates will make the playoffs.

The Detroit Pistons signed a new coach in Chauncey Billups, plus sign Star Josh Smith .. GM Dumars is not finish if he want to make Billups his future HC.

Toronto Raptors have a full roster of cheap trade-able decent role-players at $2M to $6M to trade during the season to become a playoff team. The Raptors are no longer stuck with the silly idea of building around a 2nd-tier $12M per Bargani to win .. They made a dollar off a ten cent from the Knicks.

Then u have the Hawks, Bucks, Celtics, 76ers, Wizards, and Bobcats making deals the next 3 months ..
The Knicks have 7 players contracts that brings the team over the luxury tax bracket ($76M), and only 2 of those players play defense. The other 5 players (Felton/JR/Melo/Bargani/Amare) are easy to score and rebound on .. Coach Woodson is going to wish he was back in Atlanta...

Kiyaman

Legend
If they're 5th then we're are we? We're still superior to them therefore they aren't a factor... Did you cheer for melo?

HELL NO! I was mad as HELL when we made that Melo-Trade, u dont recall.
u still dont understand what Kidd and the OLD-HEADS brang to the Knicks (Superiority).
We are left with ISO-ISO-Melo calling all the shots ..
Stat will not b Stat untill Melo is out of the rotation ..

knicksince 93

Rotation player
u still dont understand what Kidd and the OLD-HEADS brang to the Knicks (Superiority).

Ok that's when the trade was made. I'm saying when you watch knicks games do you not root for them? Like cheer....fist pump.... Get excited?

erivera

Benchwarmer

so will stat be able to play at least 70 games a season and average 35 minutes a night? NO.

CA7

Scoring Champ

STAT won't get healthy til we trade Melo WTF is wrong with you

knicksince 93

Rotation player
He's so delusional he's blaming another man being injury prone on melo haha. That was the nail that took away all your credibility... can we ban him for stupidity

If Barg's is playing poorly he'll be able to get in 10 pts a night.
If he's on, look for 20-25 pts.

If he's healthy he can maybe give you 10-20 for the entire season and that's already a very positive sign in the offense.

kinein

Benchwarmer
What happens if the Cavs sign Bynum this week?

Jarret Jack - Earl Clark - Kyrie Irving - and a 50/50 Bynum.

Instead of just Kyrie Irving.

Regardless of whether Bynum makes it or breaks it ~ The Cavs are a much better roster now.

metrocard

Legend
If they're 5th then we're are we? We're still superior to them therefore they aren't a factor... so did you cheer for the knicks? Did you cheer for melo?

Superior how?

Detroit's front court ****s on us.

Josh Smith/Greg Monroe/Drummond >>> Melo/Stat/Chandler

We're a gimmick team, make the playoffs and get exposed. So are the Pistons. We're on the same boat. We don't have a team built for a championship.

Do you understand what ball movement and defense is?

Explain clearly how the Knicks improved these two basketball components with the addition of Andrea Bargnani.

adding more talent doesn't equate to winning.
understand that.

Knicks have glaring weaknesses...that haven't been addressed.

Andrea Bargnani
Tim Hardaway Jr.
CJ Lelsie...

not ball movers.
not defenders.

Knicks didn't improve, and if you think they did because they dropped crap for a streaky inefficient 7 footer then you need to recharge your mind.

metrocard

Legend
STAT won't get healthy til we trade Melo WTF is wrong with you

Kiyaman is saying STAT can't produce on the same floor as Melo.

This is obvious. They clutter the offense and kill ball movement. Having them on the same team was mindless.

I rather dead STAT than Melo. Melo is a top 5 talent easily, as good as Kevin Durant.

STAT is a shade of his former self...not as confident and mean as he use to be on offense. Very soft on defense. Atleast Melo is physical at times, even though Melo does show softness often on the defensive end.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I think alot of the defensive and rebounding problems we had last season was due to Woodson's rotation. He gave Camby no burn, whatsoever and Chandler was hurt and trying to hold **** down by himself. Kmart came in and defense improved.