Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

There is still nothing about Melo on the official Knicks website. Plus the roster still has Mozgov, Gallo etc. on it.

How slow are the Knicks PR guys?

I want an interview or video with Melo.

Something like ' Watch out the Knicks are coming! It's good to be home'

I have a very positive feeling about either CP3 or the Sheriff coming to NY in the Summer via trade.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Gallo would have no significant role w/ Melo on the team, Chandler wasn't going to resign since he's looking for a lot of $$, & who knows what Moz will become. The only one I would've wished they kept was Felton

my sentiments exactly.....but hey, u gatta give to get. We definitely will be calling either earl barron or jerome jordan in the next few days. The steal in this draft other than melo was the trade for corey brewer. he is a thief on the ball.

mafra

Legend
It's funny. Talking heads acting like we traded Charles Oakley... We dealt away Timofey Mozgov- the same dude who couldn't even start for a Russian D-league squad last season.

They forget to mention what we got:

Billups is better than Felton
Sheldon Williams is better than Mozgov
Melo better than Gallo
Brewer is pretty good (although not better than Chandler).

Brewer will help.

Shawne Williams will slide into Gallo's role. Brewer will assume Chandler's spot. Sheldon Williams will gobble up MOZ's minutes.

Come 4th quarter, and the playoffs.. I'll take Billups-Melo over Gallo-Felton.

tiger0330

Legend
Lupica makes a lot of sense in today's column
http://www.knicksonline.com/node/979
I respect Lupica but the excitement about the Knicks and Melo is undeniable.

Look at KOL, new members, more of them logging on, that Melodrama thread was the longest I've seen in 6 years.

DWill and CP3 saying they want to come to NY now.

MSG is going to rock every night.

The Knicks will be a regular on national TV like Miami, LA and Boston.

This one trade has made the Knicks relevent again.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Melo will wear #13

Point One.

We kept landry fields. Fields will develop into what rajon rondo is to the celtics for us.

Point two.
With melo playing, gallo will have nowhere in the rotation to play. Wilson chandler was leaving anyway if we were signing melo. so losing them both is not that big of a deal

Point 3.
We get corey brewer for eddy curry and anthony ''mr. potential'' randolph. brewer is a legit defender who is top 10 in steals despite coming off the bench playing 24 mins per game. Per 48 minutes, brewer leads the nba in steals. Everyone ahead of him are starters on their teams. With brewer and a returning azubuike, we are deep in the back court.

This was a good trade, a once in a decade type of trade that takes you from missing the playoffs for years on end, to championship title talks.

Thank god for dolan and isiah

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I respect Lupica but the excitement about the Knicks and Melo is undeniable.

Look at KOL, new members, more of them logging on, that Melodrama thread was the longest I've seen in 6 years.

DWill and CP3 saying they want to come to NY now.

MSG is going to rock every night.

The Knicks will be a regular on national TV like Miami, LA and Boston.

This one trade has made the Knicks relevent again.

That's true! Everyone will be talking Knicks. Doesn't change the fact that the process was inane.

The immediate is exciting. That can't be denied. I'm as geared up as, if not more so, for the home game V Milwaukee than anyone. Chauncey Billups, I think, will display his natural savvy in a game of 'feelers'.

Unfortunately, there are downsides to the rejoicing. Anyone who denies that is drunk on themselves. I know there were always going to be downsides, but it was the unscrupulousness of Dolan that made this a classless and over-costly affair.

A quick look at the issues:

-Walsh and MD undermined.
-Looming FO implosion.
-Dolan's going to think he's on a role and become more active.
-Isiah still broods in the dark.
-All those picks: gone.
-Balkman's contract
-And most dastardly is the unknown▽
-C.
-B.
-A.

We came out on the wrong side of the equilibrium, without a structural buttress for the future, IMO. That is for now, at least. Have to wait until it's dictated for us rather than prepare for it.

The most brilliant thing, aside from Melo and Billups, is that we kept Fields. I am loving that.

Could be a costly win.

Good sides and bad.

mafra

Legend
Crazy⑧s;160224 said:
That's true! Everyone will be talking Knicks. Doesn't change the fact that the process was inane.

The immediate is exciting. That can't be denied. I'm as geared up as, if not more so, for the home game V Milwaukee than anyone. Chauncey Billups, I think, will display his natural savvy in a game of 'feelers'.

Unfortunately, there are downsides to the rejoicing. Anyone who denies that is drunk on themselves. I know there were always going to be downsides, but it was the unscrupulousness of Dolan that made this a classless and over-costly affair.

A quick look at the issues:

-Walsh and MD undermined.
-Looming FO implosion.
-Dolan's going to think he's on a role and become more active.
-Isiah still broods in the dark.
-All those picks: gone.
-Balkman's contract
-And most dastardly is the unknown▽
-C.
-B.
-A.

We came out on the wrong side of the equilibrium, without a structural buttress for the future, IMO. That is for now, at least. Have to wait until it's dictated for us rather than prepare for it.

The most brilliant thing, aside from Melo and Billups, is that we kept Fields. I am loving that.

Could be a costly win.

Good sides and bad.

All true. Forget about the picks. We always deal picks. Sure, we dealt 2 second rounders... but the 1st round pick we got only b/c we were dealing it. We do have a first rounder this year at least.

Still, we got Carmelo. This was our only hope... if stopping MIA is a goal. Without 'Melo... this team is a 35-45 win team, a group that has no chance to win anything beyond a first round series.

Knicks now have 2 of the top ten/fifteen players... 2 of the best offensive players (at least scoring SF/PF). If you're going to have D'antoni as your coach, might as well arm him with lethal offensive talent.

LIKE WITH AMAR'E... dont underestimate the will of Carmelo, and his competitive juices. People cried that STAT was a product of Nash, but look at how he changed that perception.

Basketball has 5 players on the court. We know have 2 legit potential future HOF players IN THEIR PRIME.

Only DOLAN can screw this up, right.

So, the fear should not be what we gave up, it should be b/c we do not trust Dolan (and Thomas) to be able to finish the deal, and we're doomed for more heartache at the hands of CHI/MIA.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
So, the fear should not be what we gave up, it should be b/c we do not trust Dolan (and Thomas) to be able to finish the deal, and we're doomed for more heartache at the hands of CHI/MIA.

I think we both know that this goes beyond what Dolan and Thomas can control. Whether they're able or unable to do so.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Anyone know if Melo and crew will play on Wednesday? Or will we have like no players to play against the Bucks?

And still curious to see what number he chooses.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Anyone know if Melo and crew will play on Wednesday? Or will we have like no players to play against the Bucks?

And still curious to see what number he chooses.

Depends on physicals taking place in time and the NBA quickly approving the trade.

If not, it will be a very weird game tomorrow.

STAT1

Starter
24g6711.jpg

I read he's wearing #7... hope the people who bought that can get a refund. :)

Melo Is A Fraud

Superstar??? No Allstar, yea but he is surely not worth what we gave up and he is already acting like a Prima-donna. $65 Million extension Kid refuses to play D makes $1,600 a minute while on the court but doesn't want to pay attention for a full game. I'm tired of this Guy know and what's crazy Denver reconstructed their team the way we should have imagine AMARE on that team instead of KMART They are easily Finals contenders.

la2ny

Starter
Total Posts: 1,338 (9.13 posts per day) Dude get a life all these posts and nothing to show for i've been here 2 years you 1 why so much posts?

no life
Is that all you got, really?? When all you do is post fraud threads about everyone and I need a life woooooowww...

STAT1

Starter
Superstar??? No Allstar, yea but he is surely not worth what we gave up and he is already acting like a Prima-donna. $65 Million extension Kid refuses to play D makes $1,600 a minute while on the court but doesn't want to pay attention for a full game. I'm tired of this Guy know and what's crazy Denver reconstructed their team the way we should have imagine AMARE on that team instead of KMART They are easily Finals contenders.

The funny part of this sort of logic is that one could easily have argued that if you added Amare to the Melo Nuggets they would have been an easy title contender. You can't have it both ways. Melo is a great player he is universally regarded as such throughout the NBA amongst the coaches & players alike. So what that he acts like a primadonna so does Kobe Bryant so does Lebron James. Stars with that type of talent are all arrogant pricks.

The funny part of this sort of logic is that one could easily have argued that if you added Amare to the Melo Nuggets they would have been an easy title contender. You can't have it both ways. Melo is a great player he is universally regarded as such throughout the NBA amongst the coaches & players alike. So what that he acts like a primadonna so does Kobe Bryant so does Lebron James. Stars with that type of talent are all arrogant pricks.

KOBE AND LEBRON BRING THE WHOLE PACKAGE D, PASSING AND OFFENSE.

MELO BRINGS THEM WHEN HE FEELS LIKE. I SAID ADD AMARE TO THE ROSTER THE NUGGETS HAVE NOW INSTEAD OF KMART.. THAT'S WHAT WE WERE GOING TO DO