Time to Trade Chandler

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I think it might be time to consider trading Chandler.

IMO, Chandler has above average athleticism and the natural talent to be a very good SF, but he doesn?t have the matching basketball IQ. Right now, I picture him as a sort of Trevor Ariza type player if he was being used properly. He should use his athletic ability to get to the hoop, score efficiently, draw fouls (he?s a much better FT shooter than Ariza) and play defense. I?d much rather see him score 1o-12 efficient points per night, play defense, and rebound than 15-20 as a result of a lot of extra poor outside shots and way too many 3 pointers. He simply is not a very good outside shooter and he?s killing the team.

Perhaps at some point in his career he will improve his shot (as Ariza did). He?s still very young and didn?t have a good off season being that he had surgery and was on crutches for months. But still, at some point a good player must recognize his own limitations and stay within himself. He does not understand that at all and perhaps never will.

In addition, to me he?s a SF, PERIOD!. He?s never going to be a PF or SG.
IMO Gallo is already the the better SF now and will be WAAAY better by the end of the season. So for the Knicks, I think it might make sense to trade Chandler for a legit SG, picks, or as part of a deal to move Jeffries/Curry eventually.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Its only two games, don't exaggerate. Chandler is only 22 y/o, he has a long way to go. Plus he's a pretty good defender.

metrocard

Legend
Chandler is 22, but he has reached his ceiling. Not every young player has unlimited potential. Chandler just looks lost 90% of the time...only time he looks good is when he drives it strong to the basket (rare).

Chandler is average....teams will buy his age and potential, its the best time to trade him right now for a PG.

metrocard

Legend
Jose Barea is a sleeper PG who would be a starter if it wasn't for Jason Kidd...he can penetrate and dish...very quick with his feet and has a high basketball IQ....he can be D'Antoni's pet.

Dallas trades

Barea (future PG)
Williams(young SF to replace Wilson)
Gooden(expiring)

for

Chandler(Dallas' future SF)
Jared Jefferies(defense purposes)

Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and Dallas being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Dallas had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Dallas
Kidd/Beaubois
Howard/Terry/Caroll
Marion/Chandler/Singleton
Dirk/Thomas
Dampier/Humphries

New York
Barea/Duhon/Douglas
Hughes/Robinson
Gallinari/Williams
Lee/Harrington
Darko/Curry

TunerAddict

Starter
Jose Barea is a sleeper PG who would be a starter if it wasn't for Jason Kidd...he can penetrate and dish...very quick with his feet and has a high basketball IQ....he can be D'Antoni's pet.

Dallas trades

Barea (future PG)
Gooden(expiring)

for

Due to New York and Dallas being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Dallas had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Dallas
Kidd/Beaubois
Howard/Terry/Caroll
Dirk/Thomas
Dampier/Humphries

New York
Barea/Duhon/Douglas
Hughes/Robinson
Gallinari/Williams
Lee/Harrington
Darko/Curry

While we all know you're repping JJ because he is latino, I actually agree with this. JJ is a really good player. He'd be an upgrade.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Chandler is 22, but he has reached his ceiling. Not every young player has unlimited potential. Chandler just looks lost 90% of the time...only time he looks good is when he drives it strong to the basket (rare).

Chandler is average....teams will buy his age and potential, its the best time to trade him right now for a PG.

Even if he hasn't reached his potential, he's hurting us now (and did last year also with his terrible short selection). It might be worth sitting on him if he was a legit SG because we need one, but he's a SF. So he's behind Gallo and basically becomes useless over time other than as a backup. If we could get something we need now (a young SG or PG) or get rid of Jeffries/Curry and open cap space to sign a legit top player next year, then nows the time to do it. I was waiting to see more of Gallo and his back, but I think we've seen enough. He's the future SF.

iSaYughh

Starter
The time to trade Wilson was during the draft, when we'd have gotten the PG of the present and future we now need to *pray* we somehow get. Inanity. How righteous would this team look and feel right now if we had a stud PG talent loaded with potential, and Duhdonkey be coming off the bench as the decent backup he is.

We also need a PG and need one a-stat because the world knows along with every primo FA that we need one in our system.

7 player draft and we picked 8th? bullsht; that's just when it's time for the front office to be a mensch and make the basic powermove that our situation dictates; not to mention if you want to reach and play dice with a project could just take, i dunno, Jennings....

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

Dallas trades

Barea (future PG)
Gooden(expiring)

for

Dallas
Kidd/Beaubois
Howard/Terry/Caroll
Dirk/Thomas
Dampier/Humphries

New York
Barea/Duhon/Douglas
Hughes/Robinson
Gallinari/Williams
Lee/Harrington
Darko/Curry

i dont know much about barea, but i agree that if chandler ever does get traded it should be for a pg, and the shedding of eitha jeffries or curry.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
ive been sayin this since last year

isiah actually made a good choice for once in benching him ALL THE TIME :D

here's chandlers breakdown:

-very low 3pt %, also remember HE GETS MANY GOOD LOOKS or in other words he takes the open ones, so if u cant hit open ones then u shouldnt be shooting at all TO BE HONEST

- he dribbles like a tentative middle schooler, u'd figure he'd have SOME handles being bulk and tattoed up but instead he's YMCA handles at best

- on D he's good with blocks but NEVER steps up on the perimeter against the elite guards/forwards, easy shots for them and he's supposed to be our best man to man cover

overall it's not worth it and even with his stats i think there's very little chance we can get someone solid in return for him, i think teams see his confusion syndrome:barf:

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Chandler is a decent mid-range shooting SF at this point, and we need a 3pt shooting SG for this offense. There is just no chance for success in this offense if Chandler is chucking up multiple 3s every night. We can't afford to wait for him to develop a 3pt shot in a couple of seasons.

Paul1355

All Star
I think it might be time to consider trading Chandler.

IMO, Chandler has above average athleticism and the natural talent to be a very good SF, but he doesn?t have the matching basketball IQ. Right now, I picture him as a sort of Trevor Ariza type player if he was being used properly. He should use his athletic ability to get to the hoop, score efficiently, draw fouls (he?s a much better FT shooter than Ariza) and play defense. I?d much rather see him score 1o-12 efficient points per night, play defense, and rebound than 15-20 as a result of a lot of extra poor outside shots and way too many 3 pointers. He simply is not a very good outside shooter and he?s killing the team.

Perhaps at some point in his career he will improve his shot (as Ariza did). He?s still very young and didn?t have a good off season being that he had surgery and was on crutches for months. But still, at some point a good player must recognize his own limitations and stay within himself. He does not understand that at all and perhaps never will.

In addition, to me he?s a SF, PERIOD!. He?s never going to be a PF or SG.
IMO Gallo is already the the better SF now and will be WAAAY better by the end of the season. So for the Knicks, I think it might make sense to trade Chandler for a legit SG, picks, or as part of a deal to move Jeffries/Curry eventually.
good post.

I do agree with posters saying that Chandler HAS to realize that he is better at driving towards the hoop, drawing fouls, and shooting free throws. Chandler does not know how to approach a basketball game and his basketball IQ is very low even though his skill and talent level is very high.

BUT i agree with posters saying that if you trade him then use it as a way to get rid of Jeffries or Curry. No point in getting rid of a 22 year old cheap player in Chandler for nothing. He has potential but will take years to develope like Ariza did.

Ariza is a good comparison to Chandler.

And i do think Gallo is a better starting SF than Chandler. Chandler is better off the bench to provide that energy, hustle, and defense that Nate Robinson brings off the bench.

Personally i think Hughes should start at SG now that he has his shot back. He is one of the smarter players on the court and one of the best defenders on the team.

Duhon/Hughes/Gallo/Lee/Darko

Harrington-sixth man who plays 30+ minutes
Chandler-main role player
Douglas and Nate-main back court role players
Hill- defensive player that should play atleast 5 in a game

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
good post.

I do agree with posters saying that Chandler HAS to realize that he is better at driving towards the hoop, drawing fouls, and shooting free throws. Chandler does not know how to approach a basketball game and his basketball IQ is very low even though his skill and talent level is very high.

BUT i agree with posters saying that if you trade him then use it as a way to get rid of Jeffries or Curry. No point in getting rid of a 22 year old cheap player in Chandler for nothing. He has potential but will take years to develope like Ariza did.

And i do think Gallo is a better starting SF than Chandler. Chandler is better off the bench to provide that energy, hustle, and defense that Nate Robinson brings off the bench.

Personally i think Hughes should start at SG now that he has his shot back. He is one of the smarter players on the court and one of the best defenders on the team.

That is probably the best lineup, but I really like the idea of playing Gallo and Harrington at the same time, they are a matchup nightmare together. Unfortunately Lee needs to start at PF to not be a complete liability defensively. We need to try starting Hughes at SG, he is the only true SG on this team and a very good defender.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
good post.

great post, except i disagree with ur assesment on hill. id rather him just stay on the bench unless we getting blown out. hes not gonna help us out on offense or defense as he is right now, hes to raw. until our playoff hopes are all but shut, id rather not see him play. now if 25 games in we are 5-20 or so, then id get him some major playing time.

Edit: and im not to sure on darko starting just yet lol, he had one decent game at charlotte nd thts it

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
great post, except i disagree with ur assesment on hill. id rather him just stay on the bench unless we getting blown out. hes not gonna help us out on offense or defense as he is right now, hes to raw. until our playoff hopes are all but shut, id rather not see him play. now if 25 games in we are 5-20 or so, then id get him some major playing time.

Edit: and im not to sure on darko starting just yet lol, he had one decent game at charlotte nd thts it
Yea i can agree with your analysis on Hill and Darko but eventually Mike D wil have to play Darko alot more because Curry is not playing anytime soon and Lee is just not a Center and gets dominated.

On Hill, maybe you dont play him now because he has a low IQ on the court and makes some dumb turnovers but he is an aggressive rebounder and plays defense so I see him better than Jared Jeffries to be honest. And sometimes I watch these Knick game and they're getting blown out by 20 points with the starters and I just think Mike D should give guys like Hill garbage minutes. You have nothing to lose and you can really see if he is better than what you think.

Not playing guys like Douglas or Hill when your getting blown out is a bad choice. Get these guys some opportunities.

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Yea i can agree with your analysis on Hill and Darko but eventually Mike D wil have to play Darko alot more because Curry is not playing anytime soon and Lee is just not a Center and gets dominated.

On Hill, maybe you dont play him now because he has a low IQ on the court and makes some dumb turnovers but he is an aggressive rebounder and plays defense so I see him better than Jared Jeffries to be honest. And sometimes I watch these Knick game and they're getting blown out by 20 points with the starters and I just think Mike D should give guys like Hill garbage minutes. You have nothing to lose and you can really see if he is better than what you think.

Not playing guys like Douglas or Hill when your getting blown out is a bad choice. Get these guys some opportunities.

I agree about the Hill comments, Jeffries is literally worthless when he isn't defending the other teams PG, and even then he's god awful.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
chandler would be good under another coach. mike is preaching the 3pt shot as the be all and end all of this team. he needs to realise chandler is much better when driving to the basket, hes got a nice spin move which should be used more often.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Chandler + Jeffries to Washington for Mike James + Javaris Crittenton.

Due to Washington and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Washington and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

GetRealistic

Starter
You think we could trade Chandler for Balkman and the promise of signing Demetrius Nichols???? Think that would make Kiya happy.

Yea i'd trade Chandler without a second thought if we got a decent offer that doesn't hurt the cap. I don't want Berea but i'd consider many other possibilites.

How bout something like Chandler for Jared Bayless... Portland doesn't even play Bayless. We throw in Jefferies and take back one of the SF's they don't use. They have Batum, Webster, and another guy..

Doubt Portlant would be interested but we can hope.

GetRealistic

Starter
Chandler + Jeffries to Washington for Mike James + Javaris Crittenton.

Due to Washington and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Washington and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I'm down with that... Hopefully we could get them to throw in a draft pick or something though...