Grizzlies @ Knicks 2/27 7:30 PM

Would you still make the T-Mac trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnstarky

Rotation player
Why are teams with no real centers allowed to play in the NBA?

It's basically a handicap match whenever the Knicks go up against a team with a real center.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why are teams with no real centers allowed to play in the NBA?

It's basically a handicap match whenever the Knicks go up against a team with a real center.

The Knicks had a chance to get Brook Lopez, and they had a chance to play Jordan Hill at center with David Lee at PF, but they blew it.

I wonder why Jonathan Bender isn't getting any playing time. His defense was missed in this one.

johnstarky

Rotation player
The Knicks had a chance to get Brook Lopez, and they had a chance to play Jordan Hill at center with David Lee at PF, but they blew it.

I wonder why Jonathan Bender isn't getting any playing time.

What a shame! Those are the consequences of a general manager listening to his coach on draft night.

mafra

Legend
What a shame! Those are the consequences of a general manager listening to his coach on draft night.

Like how Larry Brown talked MJ out of drafting Lopez (b/c he wanted DJ Augustine)!

Lopez was never an option.... for me. My choice cleary was the BPA- Eric Gordon. I think EG running this offense would have been INSANE!

Anyway... what can you do?

Fate has been kicking our butts ever since Stern rigged the lottery to get us Ewing. We were T-H-I-S close getting Westbrook ('08) or Curry ('09). I think both those PGs were the #1 choice for Walsh-D'ant (Maybe T-Evans was 1st this year, but Curry was a close 2nd). What can you do? SAC & GSW screwed us.

Imagine how sweet we would be if we had one of those PGs!

Lopez never would have fit with this system. Would have been a wasted pick.

Isn't it funny though.... 2008 draft was full of C prospects, and 2009 had a bunch of PGs.... yet here we are with ZERO Pgs/C on our roster. Odd isn't it.

Well, at least Sergio gives us some hope right now, and we might have found a steal in Walker.

What are the odds Walhs finds a productive player in the 2nd rund this year (OK, stop laughing now).

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's really a miracle that the game was as close as it was. Getting outrebounded 52-32 and letting the Grizzlies pull 17 offensive rebounds is absolutely atrocious.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
'(0&'%$#"" #"#$&'( '0()'()&' (%%$$% &##"!#$% $'&%&' ()%%'##!

shat on by the ****ing front court again.

I've gotten to the stage where I'm thinking we should even play Tits Curry.

Look at Randolph basking in the glow of having a real center.

mafra

Legend
Ironic? We traded our 2003 1st rounder (Sweetney), 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks for Eddie Curry.

In 2007, we could have drafted Marc Gasol in the 2nd round... but we gave that pick to CHI (LAK would grab Gasol a few picks later).

We could use a center like Gasol right?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Ironic? We traded our 2003 1st rounder (Sweetney), 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks for Eddie Curry.

In 2007, we could have drafted Marc Gasol in the 2nd round... but we gave that pick to CHI (LAK would grab Gasol a few picks later).

Eddy Curry has ****ed us over in so many ways, your just stating the obvious. But Isiah is more at fault than Curry. **** Isiah, I hate him.

CoolClyde

so sad, having no center

so sad. Knicks were owned in 4th Q, again. F*cking gay dude was on fire!
amazing how lack of a true center exposes greatest team weakness when up against a rebounding combo of Gasol and Zebo, who took control of offensive boards. 52-32? man o man! DLEE was negated on boards by those 2. When he has an off night, what other rebounders do we have? Al Harrington is an offensive machine (when he's on), but only 4 rebounds? weak.

Overall, an exciting game up to final 4 minutes, I really thought we had it, especially after Gallo's 3. I guess those young Grizzly legs and those long Grizzly arms were too much for No-D'antoni cluelessness. I hated seeing Dan Dan laughing it up at end of game. oh well, this February sucked balls.

March on Knicks! March on to July 2010!
:barf::gony:
PS: props to those Knicks posters who realize Clyde is best broadcaster there is, who supports the team, knows what they need to do to win (defense), and does it all with pizazz. he's so damn cool.:smokin:

Blumatic

Rotation player

I agree, Coach is a coach, GM is a GM. Its rare that a coach can find talent unless its obvious.

Donnie knows what we need, dont listen to Mike. Mike wasnt big on David Lee at first, now he loves the guy.

Donnie dont listen to Mike.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Little late now. Walsh probably would've drafted Lopez over Gallinari. I don't blame Walsh for picking Jordan Hill, though - Brandon Jennings had too many question marks (and even right now Brandon Jennings hasn't been that great since the 50 point game), and who'd have known Darren Collison would be so good?

But still, I blame a lot of this on D'Antoni. Walsh traded Q-Rich and his veteran presence for Darko because he knew that good teams need shotblocking and tough defense in the paint. Too bad D'Antoni thought it'd be better to play our 6'9" PF who's already terrible on defense in the center position and allow any time with a legitimate center to ball all over us while we had a 7'0" shotblocker on the bench the entire time. D'Antoni's to blame for that one...

Exile

Rookie

Not to mention giving up our 2nd pick in 2006 when we could have had Brandon Roy (and signed Rajon Rondo instead of Renaldo Balkman) I know hindsight is a marvelous thing but a Rondo & Roy backcourt with Gasol at centre starts to sound like a pretty good foundation for a team.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
i agree hindsight/etc/etc.... but it seems we never catch a break...

It's not about catching a break, it's about hiring a GM that has good judgment. These other teams don't just have secret, inaccessible, knowledge.

The fact is that we continue to hire people with big names and reputations, instead of hiring management that might not have as much of a rep. but has good ideas, a belief in developing a defense-oriented team, without putting all of our eggs in this 2010 pipe-dream and a good ability to build a staff of basketball people that know talent when it sees it.