Stat will be a force next season!

Kiyaman

Legend
Come on man the pistons not picking Melo in tye draft that year was one of the biggest mistakes the pistons franchise ever made and any/every piston fan will tell you that. Also Billups wouldn't have been of been able to get through to anyone with passive agressive pringles as Head Coach.

Melo is a ball hog obviously but he wasn't nor is he the knicks biggest problem.

Get it right....it was who the Piston selected that pissed off the Pistons fans. The Pistons won the Championship Title that season by trading for a playoff experience F/C Bigman (Rasheed Wallace). In other words Bosh shouldve been the Pistons selection.
G.M. Layden were on the urge of trading McDyess for Rasheed Wallace to go with Mutombo/Doleac/and Kurt Thomas in our frontcourt. The trade was delayed bc the JailBlazers wanted Charlie Ward too, which $100M Allan Houston (buddy to Ward) wasnt having. So owner Dolan Fired Layden in Layden's best year as a GM. As if Layden was the one who force the trade of Ewing For Glen Rice, or the trade of Camby & Nene to Denver for a no-show Mcdyess.

P.S. Mcdyess was the Knicks biggest problem in the past, as well as Iso-Melo is the biggest problem of our future.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Ill believe it when i see it.. but their is no reason for him not to be a force. Lin will be under the most pressure next season figuring out how to keep our stars happy and get equal touches etc etc as well as getting chandler involved i hear he's working on his post up game.

I hope he plays more focused now that he is getting married to his babies momma. He gave her a custom made engagement ring worth over 1 Mil.:shock2:

I see splurging is nothing when you have a 100mil contract. Now that she's gotten her piece... hopefully us fans will get what we've been paying for soon enough. Good luck Stat and congrats.

Benchwarmer
I hope he plays more focused now that he is getting married to his babies momma. He gave her a custom made engagement ring worth over 1 Mil.:shock2:

I see splurging is nothing when you have a 100mil contract. Now that she's gotten her piece... hopefully us fans will get what we've been paying for soon enough. Good luck Stat and congrats.
A waste of money for a darn ring, in my opinion! :smokin:

*Not all women respect a man who will spend that
kind of money to prove his love. I know it's supposed
to be romantic, but I think it's foolish.

I hope they have a "smooth" relationship so he is
able to focus on the game.

Oh, and yes, Congrats, Amare. :mrgreen:

Agree Newbie, that's a whole lotta money that could have went to much better and meaningful things. When celebs/athletes spend their dough like this...it kind of makes them look like they are out of touch with reality and the rest of the world.

Sure, I could sit here and name a whole bunch of things he could have put that money to, but, it's his cash to spend and I don't want to look like I envy his success. For such an expensive ring...I just hope she's worth it to him/ his kids.................and the fans. Now I want her to put the clamps down on him and keep him focused on BBall next year. He had an awful 2011/12 season and I hope this romantic move will assist him in keeping his priorities in order. Most successful men have a strong woman in their corner, I'm hopping this relationship will bring about the same results.

KingCharles34

All Star
The OP has forced me to one star this sh*tty inaccurate thread. Hopefully that forces you to reconsider your opinion, Stat is garbage and so is this thread

trash.png

New New York

Quiet Storm
The OP has forced me to one star this sh*tty inaccurate thread. Hopefully that forces you to reconsider your opinion, Stat is garbage and so is this thread

trash.png

LOL, so says a Stephon Marbuary fan!

Stat's bad season last year still was better than what "King Starbury" did as a Knick overall!

Before you blast any (and I do mean any) current player on The Knicks roster go change your name....That's like having a name that suggest support of Isiah Thomas and complaining about how Donnie Walsh did as GM!

What's next? You gonna say that JR Smith is a bad teamate and distraction!

Give me a break!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You aren't the only one thinking that STAT is due for a big year.

http://meloshipofthering.com/2012/06/04/amare-aint-done-yet-folks/

First off, Stoudemire seemingly forgot how to shoot a mid-range jump shot, one of the staples of his offensive game. According to Hoopdata, Stoudemire’s percentage on jump shots 10-15 feet away from the rim dropped from 38.3% in 2010 to 30.9% in 2011. His field goal percentage on shots 16-23 feet dropped from 44% to 35%. In layman’s terms, the guy couldn’t shoot last season. Without his jump shot, life was very difficult for Stoudemire with Tyson Chandler in the fold. Stoudemire is best at the center position where he has the room to roam around the paint area without much interference. With Chandler on the team playing center, Stoudemire was forced to play the power forward spot. It isn’t that Stoudemire is a bad power forward, but with Chandler in the mix Stoudemire had to rely more on his mid-range game. Chandler is not a shooter and therefore does not space the floor all that well, leaving Stoudemire less operating room to get to the rim. With many of his driving lanes taken away, Stoudemire had to shoot jump shots. Obviously that did not work out well for him and the Knicks offense struggled. So how can this be changed?
I think this all has to go back to his health. It clearly took Stoudemire most the season to regain his legs and his explosiveness. He never regained his 2010 form, but as the season progressed there were clear signs that Stoudemire was beginning to regain his athleticism. Thanks to hoopdata, we can see Stoudemire’s splits from each of the months this season. Notice how his FG% increased as the season wore on:

(in link, WAY too big for this forum)

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Amar'e Stoudemire ‏@Amareisreal
6:30am-1pm and again from 4pm-6:30pm.Basketball never stops.Working on post and cardio. Then spoke with the youth @YAP Southside of the CHI.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
this is going to be his first offseason together with melo..i think people underlook that him and melo never had a training camp together

Hayato

Benchwarmer
do u think somebody photoshopped that pic?...although amare apologized, right?

people claimed to have secret messages melo sent to some asian chick on twitter

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Amar'e Stoudemire ‏@Amareisreal
6:30am-1pm and again from 4pm-6:30pm.Basketball never stops.Working on post and cardio. Then spoke with the youth @YAP Southside of the CHI.

Good to hear... We need a post presence for some easy buckets. He doesn't have to be Tim Duncan or Z-Bo on the block but something is better then nothing.