Is Felton the worse starting PG?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I've got sand in my vagina over the recent string of losses as well, but I'm not ready to bail on these guys yet.

They've both showed flashes of brilliance, but not as a tandem.

Do you think that if the 2 of them were to put their heads together and create plays for themselves and one another that they wouldn't be able to produce?

They're not frauds, they're pawns on a shaky chess board.

iSaYughh

Starter
Both ARE pawns on a shaky chess table.

However, while 'excusable' for Raymond, STAT wasn't paid 100M at his age, with his knees, with his ego, with his passing/turnover/rebounding/defensive flaws, to be SHAKY. Period!

He was intended to be an offensive force. No questions asked! And in turn elevate the games of OTHERS in tandem, due to his dominant, superstar, offensive wizardry.

IMHO, we got a 2nd fiddle not meant to be a 2nd fiddle and who doesn't see himself as a 2nd fiddle (contra, Lee..for example).

We playin like shit, and it's still a small sample size. So I'm reticent to make such sweeping assessments.

But I don't see these issues being terribly correlated to sample size one way or another.

It also disgusts me that Felton is getting lemoned for STATs woes. Smmfh. Lee beasted with Duhon and a worst surrounding cast. And we then made a signifcent investment to upgrade into Felton, AFTER Amare got signed.

It seems like Walsh made another gamble and it's not looking good.

STAT was so reliant upon Nash. Always a possible reality. We go to hedge ourselves by upgrading into Felton. And still...that possible reality looking more and more like a distinct reality.

Again. We couldn't afford this type of wishy washy shit. Defense? Rebounding? Turnovers? Passing? Knees? FINE.

But can't be a consistent offensive force? With Felton and Co? Child plz.

Like Ice-T has said about his acting...its hair, makeup, act mother****er. STAT has needed to lace up and produce motherfckr to make his contract and the surrounding circumstances close to worth it.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Not worth 100 million. At least with Houston you knew he can shoot. Sadly injuries got in the way.

Whenever I saw Amar'e on the Suns usually I never saw good ball handling from him. His game didn't impress me much. Then, came the pre-season. Looked great. Come regular season I don't know if he's worth near the 100 million.

Honestly I think David Lee is the better player. He puts those numbers up easy compared to Amar'e. Handles the ball well, very good passer, gets a bunch of rebounds, etc. People will say his stats were inflated in New York, and his stats are similar now because of the Monta and Curry, but enough. Lee can flat out play. We now don't have Lee because they wanted a big name, and also a big name to get another big name.

I'm tired of Amar'e trying to force himself to go to the rim and I'm tired of him taking shots he doesn't need to. Best thing about him right now is his defense. We need consistent offense from him.

I want Amar'e to succeed here. I haven't given up on him. Come on, Amar'e, start your dominance.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Best thing about him right now is his defense. We need consistent offense from him.

I want Amar'e to succeed here. I haven't given up on him. Come on, Amar'e, start your dominance.

Defense? He can only block shots, other than that, his defense is subpar. He cannot move his feet laterally, and he often times does not fight for position, only on the offensive side.

quiggle

Starter
I made a thread earlier that the Knicks have to explore options to trade this piece of garbage.

you could see his mediocrity a mile away but most if not all were blind with delusional hope he is the savior. keep pointing to how good he was in Phoenix but he was just padding up his stats to impress teams come free agency. now he got the big bucks so he'll just chill play okay because in the end of the day he still gets pay even though the team loses and Knicks fans are upset. you think this guy is going to hustle give it his all and risk blowing out his knee? what for, just give some decent looking effort and you still get paid the same at the end of the day.

he is not a true Knick and will never be dont think he chose New York to bring this franchise back. he aint here to deliver a championship, he came here to take care of himself, get the max and self promote himself. you cant tell me you were disgusted to see newspaper splattered with his shit ink not mink PETA ad. then he takes a Knicks hat and puts it over his jimmy in the ESPN magazine. it symbolizes saying the Knicks organization and fans are sucking his dick because of the desperation for a winning team and would give anything even to uninsured knees.

if he really cared about the Knicks winning he would have taken less money so the team can still spend and acquire other quality players. you wish nothing bad on anyone but with his creaky knees if he gets injured and becomes another Allan Houston how big of a burden will that be on this team again, not only won't you have more money to get another player but no other team would want to trade for him or take on his contract.

when all is said and done, he will be just like all of the recent Knicks before him milked the team and fans for their resources and delivering no titles. why do you want him here for then?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
of all the new pieces this is the biggest adjustment for stat give him time. he's the best player we've had in a decade and he'll come around at least he gives us that presence of a Double Team, his presence has gotten people open shots, he cant hit them for them

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Stat is not a fraud.

What would you do, if you got offered 100 million dollars to play basketball in New York City?

Donnie Walsh is the one who overpaid him by over 30 million dollars.

Amare Stoudemire is one of the best power forwards in the NBA.

The problem is not him. The problem is the D'Antoni system.

Have you noticed how everyone Walsh traded ended up on winning teams, after they left the D'Antoni system?

This is not a coincidence.

David Lee, Zach Randolph, Nate Robinson, Al Harrington, and Jamal Crawford are all playing on playoff level teams.

Raymond Felton was in the playoffs last year, under a half court system.
Amare Stoudemire was in the conference finals last year, dropping 40+ points on the Lakers.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Stat is not a fraud.

What would you do, if you got offered 100 million dollars to play basketball in New York City?

Have you noticed how everyone Walsh traded ended up on winning teams, after they left the D'Antoni system?

David Lee, Zach Randolph, Nate Robinson, Al Harrington, and Jamal Crawford are all playing on playoff level teams.

Amare Stoudemire was in the conference finals last year, dropping 40+ points on the Lakers.

Does anything else need to be said or can we close this thread now?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Stat is not a fraud.

First off it was Dantoni's systme that mad Amare into an All NBA player, so how is that it is now the blame for Amare not playing at the same level?!

Where I do fault Dantoni is him trying to turn Felton into a pick and roll player like Nash when he clearly is not that sort of passer, but the system as a whole plays into Amare's game perfectly.

Now about players being traded or singed by better teams being a fault of Walsh's is just ridiculous.

All the players listed above are nothing more than very skilled role players, so trading them to teams who already have go to players is going to be a great fit for naturally!

Plus Zach Randolph actually got traded to a team with a record so bad they ended up with the first pick in The Draft.

Furthermore, what GM really cares about where the player they traded ended up at? Thats some Isiah Thomas thinking right there! What matters is did you improve your roster by moving that player.

David Lee is the only of the above mentioned players where the Knicks did not make an improvement by moving or not re-signing them.

Really do you think we would be better right now if we still had Al Harrington?I mean why isnt Carmelo doing back flips about the acqusition?

Nate is better than Bill Walker compare their salaries and they are just about even.

Give Donnie a break!

You guys are going to catch on soon but these guys are frauds only came here because of the $ they DGAF if we win Carmelo will either come here for the money or will get a greater extension in Denver

AMARE = 60MIL player

Felton=5MIL

Yet we overpay both

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Defense? He can only block shots, other than that, his defense is subpar. He cannot move his feet laterally, and he often times does not fight for position, only on the offensive side.
Don't disagree with this. I haven't paid attention to everything with his defense. I said that because his defense was better than his offense most of this season which is a problem.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
First off it was Dantoni's systme that mad Amare into an All NBA player, so how is that it is now the blame for Amare not playing at the same level?!

Where I do fault Dantoni is him trying to turn Felton into a pick and roll player like Nash when he clearly is not that sort of passer, but the system as a whole plays into Amare's game perfectly.

:lol:

Wow, get off D'Antoni's dick.

It's one excuse after the other with you.

First of all, D'Antoni had nothing to do with Amare Stoudemire's success.

Stoudemire was already doing his thing with Stephon Marbury and Shawn Marion, way before D'Antoni came along.

Go watch the 2003 playoffs, where the Suns forced a game 6 on the same Spurs team that won the championship.

And go watch the 2010 playoffs, where Stoudemire dropped 40+ points against the Lakers, with ALVIN GENTRY as the coach.

Second, get off Donnie Walsh's dick.

Every decision Walsh has done has made the team worse.

In fact, since Walsh took over the Knicks, the team is yet to match Isiah Thomas' 33 win season that he had with Eddy Curry as the star of the team.

Wow, all that D'Antoni semen in your eyes is making you blind.

Last edited:

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
While STAT has not been playing well so far this season it is hardly his fault that the Knicks are losing. If anything he is the only reason why they are competitive as he is the only inside presence they got. Everyone else on this team is a serial three point chucker. If bums like Gallo and Randolph could pick up their games then Amare wouldn't see double and triple teams every time he has the ball. Amare is a not a play-maker and thats not what he was paid to do. His job is to finish strong at the basket and be a threat on the pick n' roll and the fact that he commands double and triple teams every time is a testament to that fact, that is his job. Felton is the one who can't hit Amare with consistent passing, Gallo is the one who can't space out the floor by knocking down 3's. You want to blame people blame the inept players around your 100 million dollar man. It's like nobody remembers how much kobe, lebron and even jordan struggled when they had no help. In fact take a look at Chris Bosh, you want to talk about overrated he is being manhandled every night and hes got Wade and Lebron to take the Heat of him, so get this weak ass argument that Amare is overrated or not worth every penny of his 100 Million Dollar Contract off the forums.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
We get STAT another star, like Melo or Cp3, and he'll shine. He has way to many defenders concentrated on him on every single play.