• Sixers

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Bucks

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
And? Recently we've show we're able to beat higher seeds on a regular basis, Indiana (twice), Philly, Orlando, so what's the big deal? Seriously folks, show some trust in this squad, because if you can count, count on yourself and don't look at what others are doing.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Okay gentleman tonight is the nigth we can get 1.5 games within Philly. We play Indiana and Philly is in Miami. Miami looks hungry after thier recent terrible play and Granger might want some revenge after not holding his promise a couple weeks back.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
creeping closer to the 7th spot a win tonight would be huge... then again a win every night is a huge night.

Heat vs sixers tonight.... Heat without wade lets see what happens

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
6ers got blown out by Toronto (and at home), 99:78 and they're 3-5 since this thread has been opened.

edit: SAS with 1 point lead over BOS with 4:50 remaining...

edit: MIL passing along CLE...

edit: ATL getting an easy W over CHA.

KingCharles34

All Star
Hawks and Bucks win, Celtics and 76ers lose. The Pacers also won :mad:

We're 2 behind Philly, 3.5 behind Boston, 4.5 behind the Hawks

Games Left:

Knicks-12
Celtics-13
76ers-12
Hawks-11

Looks like the Hawks are just about out of reach. If we cant catch the Celtpricks, It'd be in our best interest to keep 8th and play the Bulls instead of Heat. I think we match up better with Chicago, maybe we could even steal a game or two. I just dont wanna get swept again, my feelings are still hurt from last year :(

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Looks like the Hawks are just about out of reach. If we cant catch the Celtpricks, It'd be in our best interest to keep 8th and play the Bulls instead of Heat. I think we match up better with Chicago, maybe we could even steal a game or two. I just dont wanna get swept again, my feelings are still hurt from last year

I actually disagree with this.. i think we have a better chance facing the Heat, who have been very inconsistent lately..
If we'll have STAT and Jeffries back by 1st round, with Melo continuing to play his game, then we should want to face the Heat, unless the Bulls are minus Rose.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
I actually disagree with this.. i think we have a better chance facing the Heat, who have been very inconsistent lately..
If we'll have STAT and Jeffries back by 1st round, with Melo continuing to play his game, then we should want to face the Heat, unless the Bulls are minus Rose.

Except the Heat WON'T be inconsistent come playoffs.

Bucks are 1 game behind us. Knicks need to step up and win.

Pacers 3rd seed? ridiculous we destroyed that team

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
And? Recently we've show we're able to beat higher seeds on a regular basis, Indiana (twice), Philly, Orlando, so what's the big deal? Seriously folks, show some trust in this squad, because if you can count, count on yourself and don't look at what others are doing.

We've also shown that we can fold like we did in Indiana.

That's too nonchalant. Winners know their enemy - The Art Of War.

And besides, to say that we, as fans, needn't keep track on our biggest threat - separate to the players - doesn't really mean a lot.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Playoffs??

I do not mean to be negative, but I believe we have a better chance of missing the playoffs than moving up from the 8th seed. It is Orlando tonight and then two with Chicago. Milwaukee has much easier going. Milwaukee is likely to pass us over the next three games.

Perhaps this is blasphemy, but given our injuries we will not go far in the playoffs even if we make them. Perhaps we are better off in the long run missing the playoffs this year.

Although we have top 5 protection in the lottery this year, it is effectively only top 3 protected. Our chances of one of the top three is small, but because there will be three separate drawings, it will probably be something in the 8 to 10% area for one of those picks. That is not terrible. This year the draft is loaded and I fully expect we will make the playoffs next year.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I do not mean to be negative, but I believe we have a better chance of missing the playoffs than moving up from the 8th seed. It is Orlando tonight and then two with Chicago. Milwaukee has much easier going. Milwaukee is likely to pass us over the next three games.

Perhaps this is blasphemy, but given our injuries we will not go far in the playoffs even if we make them. Perhaps we are better off in the long run missing the playoffs this year.

Although we have top 5 protection in the lottery this year, it is effectively only top 3 protected. Our chances of one of the top three is small, but because there will be three separate drawings, it will probably be something in the 8 to 10% area for one of those picks. That is not terrible. This year the draft is loaded and I fully expect we will make the playoffs next year.

WE are not getting a top 5 pick, so forget about that. Why miss the playoffs when at least we have a long shot at an upset? I'd rather play so our young guys can get some playoff experience and it gives Woodson more time to prove himself to be a good fit for us. I really wanna see how he coaches the team in a series.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
WE are not getting a top 5 pick, so forget about that. Why miss the playoffs when at least we have a long shot at an upset? I'd rather play so our young guys can get some playoff experience and it gives Woodson more time to prove himself to be a good fit for us. I really wanna see how he coaches the team in a series.

Also the playoffs are a whole new season. Its a brand new begininng.

Why do you say it's only top 3 protected???

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Top 5 to Top 3

Why do you say it's only top 3 protected???

Once the top 3 picks are drawn, there is no further drawing. The remaining order reflects the relative standings. iI we do not make the playoffs, we will have the second, third or fourth best record among non-playoff teams. Thus if we do not get into the top 3, we will be somewhere around 13th or 14th. We cannot possibly be number 4 or number 5 given our current record and very likely final record.

KingCharles34

All Star
Playoff Race Update:

Knicks are:

2.5 games behind Philly
3 games behind Celtics*
4 games behind Hawks
4 games behind Magic

1.5 games ahead of Bucks

Games Left:

Knicks - 11
76ers - 12
Celtics -13*
Hawks - 11
Magic - 11
Bucks - 12

Celtics are tied at 63 with the Bulls late in the 3rd quarter

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Playoff Race Update:

Knicks are:

2.5 games behind Philly
3 games behind Celtics*
4 games behind Hawks
4 games behind Magic

1.5 games ahead of Bucks

Games Left:

Knicks - 11
76ers - 12
Celtics -13*
Hawks - 11
Magic - 11
Bucks - 12

Celtics are tied at 63 with the Bulls late in the 3rd quarter

Knicks are now 2.5 games behind the Celtics with the loss to Chicago.