I want Rip

CA7

Scoring Champ
Guys the more I'm thinking about it the more I hope we grab Rip Hamilton I mean he is the perfect 2 guard for us, Fields would be better coming off the bench since he struggles with Melo in and with Rip in the fold it makes more potent offensively, earlier I stated how Pierce/Allen compliment each other so well, well we can get an even better duo in Anthony/Hamilton while Shumpert plays the Rondo role and STAT and Chandler defend the paint, its the perfect situation for our team to be in, hopefully my fantasy becomes a reality, if not at least I can do it in 2K

smokes

Huge Member
Definitely but again, if he got amnestied then we have to hope that a lot of other teams pass on him which seems extremely unlikely.

He would be a great fit on this team, veteran, championship experience, pretty good 3 point shooter to help spread the floor, good defender, great height and length for a 2... You can't go wrong with him but it's just so unlikely :(

CA7

Scoring Champ
Definitely but again, if he got amnestied then we have to hope that a lot of other teams pass on him which seems extremely unlikely.

He would be a great fit on this team, veteran, championship experience, pretty good 3 point shooter to help spread the floor, good defender, great height and length for a 2... You can't go wrong with him but it's just so unlikely :(

He got bought out not amnestied so he can sign with whoever he wants, I'm thinking its between Chicago, maybe Dallas and possibly us

smokes

Huge Member
He got bought out not amnestied so he can sign with whoever he wants, I'm thinking its between Chicago, maybe Dallas and possibly us

What on earth? There must be something up there surely? He is owed 12 million for the next 2 seasons and from my limited cap knowledge that stays on their books until the contract expires?

CA7

Scoring Champ
What on earth? There must be something up there surely? He is owed 12 million for the next 2 seasons and from my limited cap knowledge that stays on their books until the contract expires?

He wanted to be free to sign with any team instead of being picked up by a non contender so he sacrificed some money in order to be on a contender either way amnesty or not they'd owe him so to save money he gets bought out and they save some cash since they aren't in the luxury tax anyway

Wargames

Starter
He wanted to be free to sign with any team instead of being picked up by a non contender so he sacrificed some money in order to be on a contender either way amnesty or not they'd owe him so to save money he gets bought out and they save some cash since they aren't in the luxury tax anyway

I really don't see him coming here after the whole billups "amnesty" move. But he would feast here as a scorer. Running through screens would work well because he wouldn't be the focus of the defense. Think open looks like Ray Allen had a few years ago. He wants to start thought and if fields is playi g better the Knicks won't guarantee him those minutes. The Bulls will though since Crawford is a Sixth man at his prime.

Also who is the Knicks sixth man now? TD, Jefferies Or S. Williams?

CA7

Scoring Champ
I really don't see him coming here after the whole billups "amnesty" move. But he would feast here as a scorer. Running through screens would work well because he wouldn't be the focus of the defense. Think open looks like Ray Allen had a few years ago. He wants to start thought and if fields is playi g better the Knicks won't guarantee him those minutes. The Bulls will though since Crawford is a Sixth man at his prime.

Also who is the Knicks sixth man now? TD, Jefferies Or S. Williams?

The thing is if Douglas is starting we need a 2 guard who can score to play with him see if him and Fields are out there together to start say the 1st 8minutes teams will play off of Fields and pressure Toney more, but if its Rip and Douglas/Shumpert teams will have to be honest when we run our pick and roll allowing them to better utilize their skills, I'd go with Shumpert/Hamilton starting and Douglas/Fields off the bench it just seems better to have a bench of Douglas/Fields/Williams/Jeffries/Jordan and let Shumpert role with the vets and since we have a new focus on D I think Shumpert should be our Point Guard I'm thinking his ceiling is Westbrook, at least as good as Rondo at worst Holiday