The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Smokes,

There's some damn, homospastic, tomfoolery afoot..:smokin:

Crazy or Cool Clyde can shed light on this.

It's about that time everyone learns about the Starmelo group.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Draft is on 10/19 at 8:00PM right? I don't know if you guys knew that, but the Knicks are scheduled to play the Raptors that day, the game starts at 7:00PM... isn't it handy to reschedule the draft to 6:00PM?

smokes

Huge Member
Draft is on 10/19 at 8:00PM right? I don't know if you guys knew that, but the Knicks are scheduled to play the Raptors that day, the game starts at 7:00PM... isn't it handy to reschedule the draft to 6:00PM?

We really need to get these last few details hammered out, I'd really like to find out about last years scoring system. Our current one bears no resemblance to any rankings I've looked at and thus some players are going to be vastly inflated while others are lessened.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Here's how I'd do the shooting scoring system

-.5 for a FGA
+1.5 for a FGM
+2.5 for a 3PM

so if they miss you lose .5, they make a 2 you get 1.5 in your FGM and still -.5 for FGA and if its a 3 -.5 for FGA and +2.5 for 3PM and 1.5 for FGM

smokes

Huge Member
This is how we had it last year:

PTS: 0.5
FGM: 1
FGA : -0.45
FTM: 1
FTA: -0.75
REBS: 1.5
3PT: 3
AST: 2
STL: 3
BLK: 3
TO: -2

The current scoring system you have set up is way out of whack. Inflates scorers, doesn't punish poor FG% or poor FT%.

Apart from Crazy's suggestion of adding a differential for Offensive Rebounds vs Defensive, I don't think we should stray too far from this scoring system. It's built that way for a reason because it's meant to be balanced based on overall performance.

I suggest we stick with the scoring above and perhaps give 1.75 or 2 for an Offensive Rebound.

Fouls should not give minus points either.

Let me show you why your current system doesn't work. Let's take a very basic statline, one guy goes for 20 pts another goes for a 10pt 10reb double double.

In your system:

10/10 guy - 50 pts
20pt guy - 40 pts

In the normal system:

10/10 guy - 22.75 pts
20 pt guy - 15.5 pts

As you can see the % difference between the two performances is vastly reduced with your system, meaning simply scoring points is a faaaaaar more valuable attribute in this scoring system you have proposed.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

The current scoring system you have set up is way out of whack. Inflates scorers, doesn't punish poor FG% or poor FT%.

Apart from Crazy's suggestion of adding a differential for Offensive Rebounds vs Defensive, I don't think we should stray too far from this scoring system. It's built that way for a reason because it's meant to be balanced based on overall performance.

I suggest we stick with the scoring above and perhaps give 1.75 or 2 for an Offensive Rebound.

Let me show you why your current system doesn't work. Let's take a very basic statline, one guy goes for 20 pts another goes for a 10pt 10reb double double.

In your system:

10/10 guy - 50 pts
20pt guy - 40 pts

In the normal system:

10/10 guy - 22.75 pts
20 pt guy - 15.5 pts

As you can see the % difference between the two performances is vastly reduced with your system, meaning simply scoring points is a faaaaaar more valuable attribute in this scoring system you have proposed.

If this is what we had last last season then this is the format I'd like to see.

I agree re raising the scoring slightly for offensive rebounds also.

Crazy8s was right, it makes sense to penalize players somewht for shots attempted.

metrocard

Legend

In your system:

10/10 guy - 50 pts
20pt guy - 40 pts

In the normal system:

10/10 guy - 22.75 pts
20 pt guy - 15.5 pts

Smokes, people are also awarded on rebounds and points, just not just FGM or OFF & DEF REBS

Last year's system is okay, I'm gonna make this year's fair and logical.
The two categories with the greatest distribution are the three pointer and the block. They also happen to be the least frequently occurring stats. For the fantasy basketball owner, it means it is easier to find a single player who can have an impact in that category than in others.

Games Started (GS) .5
Field Goals Attempted (FGA) -.5
Field Goals Made (FGM) 1
Free Throws Made (FTM) .5
3-point Shots Attempted (3PTA) -1
3-point Shots Made (3PTM) 3.0
Points Scored (PTS) 1.5
Offensive Rebounds (OREB) 2.5
Defensive Rebounds (DREB) 2.0
Assists (AST) 2.5
Steals (ST) 2.0
Blocked Shots (BLK) 3.0
Turnovers (TO) -1.5
Personal Fouls (PF) -.5
Ejections (EJCT) -1

I'm keeping it how it is, everyone just play to it.

I'm setting the draft time to 9:15PM EST time (That's 9AM for Crazy8s)

It'll be right after the Knick game.

NO MORE CHANGES!

metrocard

Legend
But that's 3:15AM for me...

god damn...., I'm trying to cater to everyone in the world. lol
Why does the Knicks fan base have to be so global.

If you work Saturday, then I apologize.
If not, drink a redbull and stay up for the fun! then knocked the f*ck out right after the draft and enjoy a good saturday morning rest.

smokes

Huge Member
Smokes, people are also awarded on rebounds and points, just not just FGM or OFF & DEF REBS

Last year's system is okay, I'm gonna make this year's fair and logical.
The two categories with the greatest distribution are the three pointer and the block. They also happen to be the least frequently occurring stats. For the fantasy basketball owner, it means it is easier to find a single player who can have an impact in that category than in others.

Games Started (GS) .5
Field Goals Attempted (FGA) -.5
Field Goals Made (FGM) 1
Free Throws Made (FTM) .5
3-point Shots Attempted (3PTA) -1
3-point Shots Made (3PTM) 3.0
Points Scored (PTS) 1.5
Offensive Rebounds (OREB) 2.5
Defensive Rebounds (DREB) 2.0
Assists (AST) 2.5
Steals (ST) 2.0
Blocked Shots (BLK) 3.0
Turnovers (TO) -1.5
Personal Fouls (PF) -.5
Ejections (EJCT) -1

I'm keeping it how it is, everyone just play to it.

I'm setting the draft time to 9:15PM EST time (That's 9AM for Crazy8s)

It'll be right after the Knick game.

NO MORE CHANGES!

Fair and logical? Sorry this doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

A steal is worth less than an assist? A free throw is equal to a field goal? A 3pt FG is worth less than a defensive rebound?

Fair and logical is the fantasy basketball scoring system widely used around the world and created by the experts of fantasy basketball. This system is completely messed up.

metrocard

Legend
Alright, I'll equalize it. But I'm not editing it again. and I don't want the system to be exactly the same as "fantasy experts". What the hell makes you a fantasy expert and who are these guys? That's not a real professional. Just guys with a lot of free time. Your logic is baseless.

smokes

Huge Member
Alright, I'll equalize it. But I'm not editing it again. and I don't want the system to be exactly the same as "fantasy experts". What the hell makes you a fantasy expert and who are these guys? That's not a real professional. Just guys with a lot of free time. Your logic is baseless.

I never said I'm a fantasy expert I'm saying this is a standard scoring system built by people who's job is to be in the know about fantasy basketball.

You seem to be pulling numbers totally at random and not realizing you're completely inflating the importance of certain attributes and negating the importance of others.

This kinda thing also puts the less active members of the league at an enormous disadvantage because the default rankings have close to 0 meaning when the scoring system doesn't make sense. Autopicking a team you may as well not even be in the league, you're going to get screwed so badly.

metrocard

Legend
You seem to be really reaching here for nothing.
If you have a problem with it, your team may get dropped and you can play in a league with standard numbers.
Don't come this league with a stick up your ass about every little stat.
I've tried my best to cater to majority of the members in this league, if you can't appreciate that, then drop.

smokes

Huge Member
If you have a problem with it, your team may get dropped and you can play in a league with standard numbers.
I've tried my best to cater to majority of the members in this league, if you can't appreciate that, then drop.

Boohoo, dropped from the league with the commish who will do anything to get an unfair advantage, what a tragedy that would be.

I'd rather play in a standard league than have to put up with your inept attempts at fixing this to your own advantage.

First trying to make trades with a guy who was inactive all season to give yourself a leg-up going into the playoffs, now setting up your own scoring system so you get an advantage with picking your players...

Honestly thought you would have grown up by now, I thought only kids found it fun to win by cheating.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Ahh common this is not necessary.

Smokes is right actually.

We should go w what we had last season w slight mods maybe.

And that was def some bull**** you pulled last season lolz! oh shet forgot about that.

Can we pls for the love if christ keep this league legit??

metrocard

Legend
It isn't unfair if the stats apply to everyone. You're being dramatic and acting like you're getting 0 value out of all stats. Stop stressing this out, it's not a big deal. Just have fun with the league.

From what I remembered, you weren't too successful last season. I don't know where you get this mouth to talk a lot about fair. Worry about actually being successful in this league before you start crying. You failed with the standard stats, so you really don't hold much weight here.

I'm sticking with what's been made. Let me know clearly and don't be soft spoken about it, I have no problem giving your position to a person who's more open to playing in this league with no problem. I don't need to take any sh*t from some loser who doesn't hold weight. Keep the negative crap out of here. This is a fun ass league, and I believe we'll have a lot of fun this season they'll be more strategy used to drafting as apposed to being lazy and letting Yahoo Rankings determine your choice. It's actually time for you to do your research and be a basketball guru instead of let fantasy experts think for you. Maybe this time you can actually win something in this league? How does that sound?

Boohoo, dropped from the league with the commish who will do anything to get an unfair advantage, what a tragedy that would be.

I'd rather play in a standard league than have to put up with your inept attempts at fixing this to your own advantage.

First trying to make trades with a guy who was inactive all season to give yourself a leg-up going into the playoffs, now setting up your own scoring system so you get an advantage with picking your players...

Honestly thought you would have grown up by now, I thought only kids found it fun to win by cheating.