Lee and Nate feel disrespected

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This is a Marc Berman article so I don't take it too seriously. He's had it in for Donnie and D'Antoni ever since they got rid of his "high-school love crush" Mebury.

Nate probably does feel disrespected. Donnie hasn't even made him an offer yet. That's pretty poor.

Lee shouldn't feel disrespected. He's been offered a reasonable deal but he still wants $10 mil per year.

SOURCE: NATE ROBINSON AND DAVID LEE FEEL 'DISRESPECTED'

By MARC BERMAN

July 17, 2009

Restricted free agents David Lee and Nate Robinson have spoken to each other during the July free-agency period and feel "disrespected" by the Knicks' lack of urgency in retaining their services, according to a source.

Perhaps Donnie Walsh can do something about it as he bolted the Las Vegas summer league for New York yesterday to hone in on his next moves, with the Carlos Boozer sweepstakes, Tim Thomas' free-agency, the Andre Miller situation and Lee/Robinson on his agenda.

The Knicks would love to arrange a three-team deal for Boozer, who has one year left on his pact, with Lee a pawn. Utah plans to match Portland's offer sheet for Paul Millsap, which would leave the Trail Blazers cap room to snag Lee in a three-team deal. Utah is bent on unloading Boozer's contract.

Agent Arn Tellem said yesterday he is talking to several teams about Tim Thomas, including the Knicks. The signing would make most sense if Lee is not retained.

Walsh's biggest regret last season was trading Thomas for Larry Hughes at the trading deadline and he could be had for the $1.9 million veteran's minimum. Walsh is also exploring whether to offer Miller a one-year, $5.8 million mid-level offer.

As first reported by the Post, Lee's unresolved contract situation will keep him on the sideline during next week's USA Basketball minicamp in Las Vegas. Lee will travel to Las Vegas but will not take part in competition.

[email protected]

moneyg

Starter
as a knick fan.. i feel disrespected.. due to the fact we havent been competitive in the 4 years they have been on the team....at least there rich.:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Blas

Benchwarmer
Its amazing that the titles article is that they both feel disrespected, but there are no quotes from the players themselves...

I rather not jump to conclusions.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
This is just a piece of shut from Breman to start some fire around knicks and walsh. I hate when they say ''acording to a source'' witch may be the guy that rode the train with him in the morning. Did not said lee, nate or their agents or someone close to them said that. I think he try to make it look like it's the same with marbury situation. So far lee and even more nate kept quiet. Idont think they feel disrespected by knicks not breaking the bank for them. They know it's business and in the end it will get resolved one way or the other. They and their agents are lokking for as much they can get and walsh is doing a good job of not bidding against himself. Also lee knows that a S&T is not easy in his situation because of his BYC salary and he can't get more then 9-10mill from any other team. That's when walsh was smart when he said he is looking to work something out with lee at 4/32mill( I dont think it was an offer on the table more like some indication on what he is willing to do) scaring teams away to tied up their cap and knicks matching. I also think knicks will sign lee as long as he is still marketable(around 8-9mill)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Even then, I say who cares?

Oh snap Lee, you feel disrespected? How about learning how to play DEFENSE before you start talking about how you should be respected? Hey Nate? It's great that you can jump over Dwight Howard (albeit while, you know, pushing off his back), but can you please learn how to pass the damned ball and listen to Mike D'Antoni before you whine?

I have my doubts about this being real in the first place, but...heh.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Cry me a river, build a bridge and GET OVER IT!

Its the nature of the buisness, by the way, maybe they should turn some of their anger on their agents as well.

Not to mention does David Lee feel equally "disrespected" by the rest of the NBA's lack of interest.

News Flash Lee, NY isnt the only team that doesnt think your worth 10 million per!

iSaYughh

Starter
And fans should feel disrespected for N8 playing like he's in a constant state of premature ejaculation; and Lee for raping the franchise out of Mayo to then pull a Benedict-Arnold and be oh so cool with playing for whoever can pay him the finest dollar.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And fans should feel disrespected for N8 playing like he's in a constant state of premature ejaculation; and Lee for raping the franchise out of Mayo to then pull a Benedict-Arnold and be oh so cool with playing for whoever can pay him the finest dollar.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Just imagine the team we'd have if we had OJ Mayo instead of Danilo Gallinari (not that I hate Gallo or anything but come on Mayo's a way better player).

But no David Lee decides to be a fag at the wrong time. Nice one there, Dave.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
More fabricated shit from an idiot.

If Lee feels insulted, he's gotta realize that he wouldn't even have led the league in double doubles if he were playing anywhere but here last season.

He played in the middle, out of position, raked in the PT and really didn't play any form of intimidating defense.

His stats were on steroids.

Clearly, the rest of the league is as aware of this as ko.com.

Nate really has nothing to complain about. Any Smurf whose name is as renowned as his should be happy. Every trade scenario he's been in (here and elsewhere) has touted him as a ticket selling gimmick.

He can score, he can dunk, he can dance....

He can't pass, has poor decision making and shot selection and can't honestly be wondering why no team has even feigned interest in him.

And then, as 2 of our most integral pieces, they need to remember that we won 32 games last year and lost 50. Pretty poor.

That said, I'm still a fan of both of them and would love to keep them on board

IF:

price-is-right%28logo%29.jpg

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
8mill/year=very good value
9mill/year=fair value
10mill/year=a litle overpriced
11mill/=way too overpriced
12/year=time to move on

Change 10 Mil a lil overpriced, to plain overpriced.

I Would give him 5 years 43 Mil or something like that, giving him the least money for the 10-11 season, which he said he did not mind doing.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Change 10 Mil a lil overpriced, to plain overpriced.

I Would give him 5 years 43 Mil or something like that, giving him the least money for the 10-11 season, which he said he did not mind doing.

I said a lil overpriced at 10mill/year because his contract will still be fairly easy to trade (if we need to) at 11mill/year harder to trade and at 12mill/year even harder.
But if you want I can agree 10mill/year is plain overpriced.:agreed:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Lee's contract

There are limitations in the CBA that restrict increases in salaries over the term of a contract. I believe that yearly increases cannot be more than 10.5% of the first year contract salary.

If we were to give Lee a 5 year contract that averaged $9M, then for its second year, 2010-11, if my arithmetic is correct, his salary would be a little over $8M for that cap season. If we add $8M to the 2010 contracts for Curry, Jefferies, Hill, Chandler, Gallinari and Douglas, we will be up to $35M for 7 players. The cap for 2010 is anticipated to be from $50M to $53M. A star player will cost at least 30% of the cap -- $15M to $16M -- and that will be an appreciable discount from what his current team can pay.

We had better count on eliminating Curry and Jefferies, if we expect to keep Lee and have anyhting left for the 2010 free agents.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Fukk that fat fukk berman...he don't know shit...he sounds like he's reaching with this one...reaching for some twinkies :lol: