Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

knicksin60

Starter
Raymond Felton was the missing championship piece for the NY Knicks. The Knicks would have won a championship 2 seasons ago had they found a way to have both Melo and Felton on the same roster. The Knicks now can go ahead and beat the Miami Heat in a playoff series. Felton has never played with a hall of fame PG like Jason Kidd who can teach him how to put up Rajon Rondo type numbers. Glen Grunwald by far has been the best GM in the NBA since he took over for Donnie Walsh.

metrocard

Legend
I don't believe in Felton being the missing championship PG for NYK. Chalmers would of shut him down IMO.

Head to head stats, Chalmers defends Felton very well.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I don't believe in Felton being the missing championship PG for NYK. Chalmers would of shut him down IMO.

Head to head stats, Chalmers defends Felton very well.

People questioned Chalmers ability to be the PG for Mia. which is why they signed Mike Bibby last year, and which is why all season long you heard rumors about which PG they would bring in.

When you have offensive talent like we have all you need is a PG to get them the ball.

Avery Johnson has an NBA Championship because he set up his team's offense and got the ball to Duncan and Robinson.

and I'l go on record saying Felton is a better PG than Avery Johnson

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Lins contract whether we accept has no relelvence on us getting another player with that money....

Will Dolan pay the luxury tax or let an asset like LIN who can only make us more of a contender to the Heat go......

My Vote is after the Larry Brown fiasco, the 9 million dollars sexual harassment its a no brainer....spend the money on LIN.....

Still feel like this ?

NewYork

Benchwarmer
I didn't know just how good Raymond Felton is. I still don't think many people do. Raymond Felton is already pretty consistent and if he stays in NY I believe he will only get better. Raymond Felton is definitely the answer to the knicks puzzle at the point guard position. Here's something to watch before game time.
Its a documentary about Raymond Felton in 2002. For those who don't know, He played alongside Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire in the McDonald's All-American game over a decade ago. Heres an article about it.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/15421639/mcdonalds-allamericans-where-are-they-now Its awesome how the coach in the documentary is like "I belive Felton is North Caronlina's next "Saviour" after Michael Jordan.", and How Felton was part of the team that brought the championship back to the Tar Heels in 2005.

metrocard

Legend
Felton is overrated as hell.

Never seen so much hyped for a PG who's ranked 27th in the NBA in terms of efficiency.

What he did in the NCAA is irrelevant especially since he played with 3 other lottery picks in Marvin Williams, Sean May, and Rashad McCants.

Felton is not the answer at PG. He's average as hell and will limit this team's potential from being the best in the NBA. We live in an era of PG's...Felton stands amongst the bottom.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
I disagree, although I understand why you think that way because I did also before I knew about Felton's championship mentality and skill. We have our superstars in Melo and Stat. Even if a point guard like CP3 and Deron Williams came to NY, points would have to drop for these players somewhere. Felton can be a top scorer too. He has the skills, hes just an unselfish player and that's EXACTLY WHAT THE Knicks need to win the championship. You think Derrick Rose would put up the numbers he did on the same team as Carmelo given the fact that they both demand high number of posessions? I do believe Felton is up there in terms of skills, I believe his conditioning can be better and his defense is solid along with prigioni, which is a reason why the knicks got better in defense as a team this year.

metrocard

Legend
First of all, Felton has no championship mentality. He spent most of his career on 20 and 30 win teams. Only team he made the playoffs was with a loaded Bobcats squad of Gerald Wallace, Tyson Chandler, Boris Diaw, Stephen Jackson and Raja Bell, all great defenders and helped the Bobcats to be one of the best defensive teams in the NBA.

Stat isn't a superstar anymore.

Felton is a career 41% FG shooter. If he takes more shots, his FG won't get higher. Yea, Felton can be a "big time" scorer on a 10 win team. Felton's offense is coming off the fact no one is guarding him in Boston, everyone is focused on Melo in the interior and on the perimeter.

Derrick Rose is 200X what Felton is plus Rose plays defense and just dose everything better by far. Rose doesn't need to average 25 ppg on the Knicks like he does with Chicago, but if you don't think Rose can mesh with Melo and Felton is a better fit then you're clueless. Rose's penetration is above 25 levels above Feltons. Rose's ability to break down the defense and take pressure off his players is elite. Felton can penetrate but only to attack the rim and attempt a shot. Defenses aren't concerned about Felton going off. Celtics can live with Felton scoring 20 points.

Recognize this.
Felton has been the WORST defensive PG in the NBA in the regular season. He played two good defensive games in the playoffs against a team that doesn't have a PG and all of a sudden he's a good defender. I don't believe one BIT Felton can play consistent defense, especially a Jeff Teague, George Hill or even Mario Chalmers. We already know how bad Felton is at defending the pick and roll.

How many times have we seen Felton guard Paul Pierce?
Who's fault is that?
Chandlers? For picking up Felton's man who Felton failed to stay on?
Felton is the primary reason why we always switch on ball defenders and we see so many mismatches against the Celtics. Pierce is going to have an easy time scoring on Felton and as long as they keep on running the pick and roll, Felton will fail to fight through it and stick to his man. LEAKY DEFENSE. It leads to easy offense for Boston.

I never liked Felton, and he's not on Melo's talent caliber so my verdict on Felton won't come close to changing. Theres 25 better point guards in the NBA and theres only 30 teams. Felton is a bottom feeder amongst starting PGs. Can't wait to move on from him and I say this now when Felton is playing at his best because I know who Felton is and what he will come back to. I've seen it too many times in my life time to know better.

I disagree, although I understand why you think that way because I did also before I knew about Felton's championship mentality and skill. We have our superstars in Melo and Stat. Even if a point guard like CP3 and Deron Williams came to NY, points would have to drop for these players somewhere. Felton can be a top scorer too. He has the skills, hes just an unselfish player and that's EXACTLY WHAT THE Knicks need to win the championship. You think Derrick Rose would put up the numbers he did on the same team as Carmelo given the fact that they both demand high number of posessions? I do believe Felton is up there in terms of skills, I believe his conditioning can be better and his defense is solid along with prigioni, which is a reason why the knicks got better in defense as a team this year.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
You don't need 5 superstars to win a championship. Last time I saw in this series, Melo is the one that's messing up, not Felton. CLEARLY if it wasn't for Felton's championship mentality the knicks wouldn't have even been close last game. The only reason Stat isn't a superstar anymore is because he hasn't been playing much. Once he gets in the groove, he will be back to where he was. Melo is a superstar but it takes more than skills to win a championship. You need the mentality of a champion. Do whatever it takes to win. If that means lowering your ego and passing the ball better or getting on defense with more heart and forgetting about your ego, then do it. Felton has that, Melo doesn't.

metrocard

Legend
I think 2 superstars is enough for a championship.

We only have one at the moment.

Felton isn't good enough to have an ego though, that's the problem.
Melo layed some bad eggs, but we seen Melo lay and egg and come back into MVP caliber.

Problem isn't Melo. Melo is an asset.

skisloper

Starter
I think 2 superstars is enough for a championship.

We only have one at the moment.

Felton isn't good enough to have an ego though, that's the problem.
Melo layed some bad eggs, but we seen Melo lay and egg and come back into MVP caliber.

Problem isn't Melo. Melo is an asset.

We lose this series and Melo is no asset.......a Trade asset yes but the critics will be right and Melo is just not a winner...

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Felton single handly brought the Knicks back in game 4 and has been the most consistent player in this series. His ability to break down a defense and attack is exceptional and he's arguably our MVP so far during the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk