Carmelo AndNoD is a Fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Gotta give Metrocard credit...as much as I disagree with him on Carmelo the whole "add 'sexual' to the name of any disliked person and make it an insult" is actually pretty funny.

Isiahsexual...etc.

This a dumb post. Metro doesn't want to be pinned down to naming 3 players Melo is worse than cause he knows I'll kill his sh*t.., so he doesn't answer and he resorts to calling names like a third grader. And your cheering him on. Nice.

Last edited:

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I always felt like Melo is overrated. Then again, I always felt that way about Amare and he has certainly proven me wrong. In the end of the day, he is the closest thing to a superstar available at the moment but I still would not give up anybody for him except for maybe Curry and Chandler (probably can't resign) because we have the opportunity of getting him for nothing over the summer. I want the Knicks to become a DYNASTY and getting Melo and possibly CP3 or Deron next summer will bring us closer to becoming one. Getting Melo and giving up all of our assets will not get us past Boston or Miami. Sorry, I don't see that happening unless Melo suddenly steps up his game even further which is a big if.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This a dumb post. Metro doesn't want to be pinned down to naming 4 players Melo is worse than cause he knows I'll kill his sh*t.., so he doesn't answer and he resorts to calling names like a third grader. And your cheering him on. Nice.

...I'm not cheering him on, I merely said that his insults are pretty funny. Note that I also disagree with him as I said in the post above...Melo is a superstar, period.

iSaYughh

Starter
Amare, Felton, and one or more of Chandler/Gallo/Fields would be the overall players better than Melo if he came.

I'm assuming he meant their games, or skill sets, are more diverse and rounded than Melos. Which may be true, but a lot of bench players n backups would also be superior in this way. Don't think it means that all them actually impact the game or their teams in a more impactful/ better way.

If that were the case itd be declaring trading any of them straight up for Melo wouldn't be worth it.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Stop.. just stop. Overall, the best player on our team is Amare. If we got Melo he be the second best player "overall" on our team. Period.

Not Fields, Gallo, or Chandler are even in the discussion, yet. To me this is not even debatable. I can't believe some of you guys. Ridiculous.

KingCharles34

All Star
Stop.. just stop. Overall, the best player on our team is Amare. If we got Melo he be the second best player "overall" on our team. Period.

Not Fields, Gallo, or Chandler are even in the discussion, yet. To me this is not even debatable. I can't believe some of you guys. Ridiculous.

I gotta agree with this but i still dont see why we need Carmello, even if he would be the 2nd best player on our team. And maybe some of the other players are better for our team then Melo is. Fields and Gallo give us 3 point shooting, something Melo wouldnt. And Felton....well if it came down to Felton or Melo, I wouldnt hesitate to say Felton. Hes been the perfect fit for our team on both ends of the court.

iSaYughh

Starter

Hahaha. No, no, I agree. I wouldn't even be surprised if Melo became the 1a versus 1b on our team. But whatev. I'm just trying to get it out there what exactly Melo being the 4th overall best player on our team means.

I'm saying, I don't *think* Metro saying declaring Felton/Gallo/Chandler/Fields are "better", like he wouldn't do straight up trades. I could be wrong, but I think he was referring to their skill-sets or diversity of abilities -- for whatever that is worth.

la2ny

Starter
Im hoping everyone that were pointing out negatives were looking at it your way isayughh because thats what it comes down to.
There are many teams to use as an example for a group of players equal stats but do not have the same impact,presence, and overall threat to the court.
My example of this would be the KG trade a few years ago:
"My Quick Take: Blockbuster trades are complicated. A mega-deal, like the one the Wolves and Celtics completed, influences the landscape of the entire league. The fates of players, fans, general managers, and teams all change with such a massive transaction taking place.
This trade is slightly different than the one reported by HoopsVibe this morning. Telfair and Green are heading to the Wolves instead of Rajon Rondo.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
Instead of examining Telfair and Green's impact, we have analyzed who wins and loses with Garnett heading to <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE><ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>Boston</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY></ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY>.<O:p></O:p>
Winners:<O:p></O:p>
<ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE><ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>Boston</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY></ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY>: The Celtics paid a hefty price for Garnett. But the club clearly wants to win now, so it makes sense to leverage developing players and chase an NBA Title with the trio of Garnett, Pierce, and Allen.

The <ST1:pLACE><ST1:pLACENAME>Boston</ST1:pLACENAME> <ST1:pLACETYPE>Garden</ST1:pLACETYPE></ST1:pLACE> is no longer standing, but in a funny way, it’s back. In fact, the ghosts of the Garden are most certainly smiling.
<ST1:STATE><ST1:pLACE><ST1:STATE><ST1:pLACE>Minnesota</ST1:pLACE></ST1:STATE></ST1:pLACE></ST1:STATE>: The Wolves win, too. They couldn’t rebuild with KG still in the fold. Now the club can focus on the future. <ST1:pLACE><ST1:pLACE>Jefferson</ST1:pLACE></ST1:pLACE> is a future star, while Green has upside. Telfair could find his way(look familar) in the frozen-tundra of Minny and Ratliff’s contract provides financial flexibility. It's a start, especially when you combine these incoming players with what the Wolves already have.<O:p></O:p>
Kevin Garnett: The Big Ticket is a basketball historian, so he gets what it means to play for the storied Boston Celtics. With this trade, Garnett has been freed from obscurity and dropped in a basketball mecca, where the spotlight will rest firmly on his shoulders. Great players should relish these circumstances.<O:p></O:p>
The NBA: The league wins in a couple of ways. First, they get a break from all the negative press surrounding the Donaghy scandal. Second, the NBA thrives when fans are interested in historic teams. And fans will be interested in watching Garnett suit up for the Celtics."

The parts I bolded show that Boston had the future talent and "potential".Where is Green? What has Telfair done besides get traded like 4 times? Al gets stats but would Boston be where they are with Ray,Paul,Al?
Hell no.Lastly Fields would be our Rondo in this situation,not in the sense he's inexpensible but that you don't trade him if you don't have to.
In no way shape or form am I comparing Garnett to Melo,but you have to realize at some point, even if you put Gallo-Chandler together to average 32.6ppg,and 10.8rpg. Don't forget that Gallo can sometimes be nowhere to be found or Will takes questionable shots and isn't Ray Allen from 3 either.

In conclusion I still don't think this rests in any teams hands.It all ends w/ his sig on the dotted line so like I said a million times if he wants to be a Knick he will be.Just not traded for.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Hahaha. No, no, I agree. I wouldn't even be surprised if Melo became the 1a versus 1b on our team. But whatev. I'm just trying to get it out there what exactly Melo being the 4th overall best player on our team means.

I'm saying, I don't *think* Metro saying declaring Felton/Gallo/Chandler/Fields are "better", like he wouldn't do straight up trades. I could be wrong, but I think he was referring to their skill-sets or diversity of abilities -- for whatever that is worth.

No, Metro said "Melo would be the fourth best player overall" on the Knicks.

Now you tell me the above idiocy doesn't mean what it sounds like it means.

That he won't even elaborate on what he "meant" should tell you something. He's had the opportunity which he's used to spout insults.

We'd like to think Metro is not that stupid, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Bleedblueandorange even recognized his statement for what it was-- pure lunacy. Stop making excuses for him isayughh..

la2ny

Starter
I gotta agree with this but i still dont see why we need Carmello, even if he would be the 2nd best player on our team. And maybe some of the other players are better for our team then Melo is. Fields and Gallo give us 3 point shooting, something Melo wouldnt. And Felton....well if it came down to Felton or Melo, I wouldnt hesitate to say Felton. Hes been the perfect fit for our team on both ends of the court.
but would you say that before you saw him play for this team? it wasnt a garauntee that he was going to run this system perfect.He struggled early on and still does some questionable things out there.No ones perfect for anything.
In the draft do I take Kevin Durant or Greg Oden?Greg is the better fit because I have Brandon Roy,but Kevin Durant is the better player.See how that has put Portland into mediocrity. Sometimes you go with what you actually know is better vs a particular fit.

la2ny

Starter
No, Metro said "Melo would be the fourth best player overall" on the Knicks.

Now you tell me the above idiocy doesn't mean what it sounds like it means.

That he won't even elaborate on what he "meant" should tell you something. He's had the opportunity which he's used to spout insults.

We'd like to think Metro is not that stupid, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Bleedblueandorange even recognized his statement for what it was-- pure lunacy. Stop making excuses for him isayughh..
as stated before, he has personal reasons of why he has a gripe against melo.So as I said before to him thats his emotions,but as a fan I know that this isn't Stephon-Zach-Jamal-Steve part 2.

iSaYughh

Starter
but would you say that before you saw him play for this team? it wasnt a garauntee that he was going to run this system perfect.He struggled early on and still does some questionable things out there.No ones perfect for anything.
In the draft do I take Kevin Durant or Greg Oden?Greg is the better fit because I have Brandon Roy,but Kevin Durant is the better player.See how that has put Portland into mediocrity. Sometimes you go with what you actually know is better vs a particular fit.

That's a great point. Teams try to get too cute sometimes; not that this was their entire reasoning, but POR wanted that Ideal center to put into their roster so it'd be all neat and tidy with Roy and Aldridge.

I sense this with us. I fall prey too. Try to get too cute and slick in getting a team Perfectly built and balanced.

That is much harder to truly achieve and make work into a dominant winning force, than getting and having sheer firepower and blunt force skills when you can.. Greatness has a way of working itself out, too -- look at MIA, and that's the archetype of guys who shouldn't he playing together. And Melo/STAT are arguably a good tandem anyways.

I'd rather win ugly in this case than lose (ie not truly contend and compete wit the absolute best) pretty.

KingCharles34

All Star

I agree with that but not in this situation. Its been said many times already that we already have one of the best offenses in the nba...and what is carmello's biggest strength? His offense. He plays defense when he wants to and hes a poor 3 point shooter. The more 3 point shooters we have, the better off we are. It opens up the paint more and makes it tough to double amare.

As for your first paragraph, it depends on what your definition of perfect is. Im using it in a different way here, considering where the knicks are coming from and the fact that there winning now, this is perfect to me. Do I think Carmello will make us a better team? No, we have 5 players contributing right now and we will most likely have to lose two of them to get him. Fields, Chandler, and Gallo...I'd say two of of these 3 are gone if we trade for Carmello. Aside from what I said already, he does alotta his scoring within the same range as Amare. I personally think we're better off looking to improve at the center position but what it all comes down to, something i do agree with you about, is that Carmello does have control over where he goes and if he wants to be in new york, he will be here

metrocard

Legend
lol...wait till I get my keyboad working, its gonna be a wrap.

The penalty is death, especially when I'm mentally stressed
My enemies hang with me 'til I eventually flip
I never reject an offer to battle
Slap a coffin on the saddle
and rattle like a wooden horse to el barrio
homorania talk but he babbles cause he ain't sayin nuttin
If ain't blazin somethin with the mac I'm in the shack bakin muffins
Fake the funk and get your rump roast
One dose of the toast'll make you jump if you come close
Metro spoke, ain't no more debatin; my Squad been waitin
for the perfect time to give you what you all been waitin

:lol:
:smokin:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'm not going to get into the childishness w u Metro.

If you want to have a debate/defend what you've said I'd be more than happy to oblige you. It's obvious you don't want to take it there tho..

Last edited:

la2ny

Starter
That's a great point. Teams try to get too cute sometimes; not that this was their entire reasoning, but POR wanted that Ideal center to put into their roster so it'd be all neat and tidy with Roy and Aldridge.

I sense this with us. I fall prey too. Try to get too cute and slick in getting a team Perfectly built and balanced.

That is much harder to truly achieve and make work into a dominant winning force, than getting and having sheer firepower and blunt force skills when you can.. Greatness has a way of working itself out, too -- look at MIA, and that's the archetype of guys who shouldn't he playing together. And Melo/STAT are arguably a good tandem anyways.

I'd rather win ugly in this case than lose (ie not truly contend and compete wit the absolute best) pretty.
exactly.

Most of the guys on here know that great players figure it out.I said it before,I think some of the guys on here are pretty much shell shocked from the bad years.Don't want to lose the good.A Center,granted it's what we need, can be had down the road.You fill in your team after your core is set.This team's core can't be set especially if you have a chance to add a player of his caliber w/o losing a heap of your team. Idc who trys to tell me otherwise in no way shape or form do they think OJ Mayo,Marc Gasol,Glen Davis or any other servicable role player will make us contend with Miami or any TRUE title worthy team.
That team will also not be an attractive destination for any free agents willing to ring chase for less because they know they have no chance of getting past the better teams.I mean this is what it comes down to.

Would you want to go to: Chicago-D.Rose(3rd best pg in the NBA),Boozer(top 5 PF), and Joakim Noah(top 5 Center)
Miami-LBJ(reigning MVP),D.Wade(arguably best SG in NBA),C.Bosh(top 5 pf)
or us when were pretty much at best a little better then Atlanta.

la2ny

Starter
I agree with that but not in this situation. Its been said many times already that we already have one of the best offenses in the nba...and what is carmello's biggest strength? His offense. He plays defense when he wants to and hes a poor 3 point shooter. The more 3 point shooters we have, the better off we are. It opens up the paint more and makes it tough to double amare.

As for your first paragraph, it depends on what your definition of perfect is. Im using it in a different way here, considering where the knicks are coming from and the fact that there winning now, this is perfect to me. Do I think Carmello will make us a better team? No, we have 5 players contributing right now and we will most likely have to lose two of them to get him. Fields, Chandler, and Gallo...I'd say two of of these 3 are gone if we trade for Carmello. Aside from what I said already, he does alotta his scoring within the same range as Amare. I personally think we're better off looking to improve at the center position but what it all comes down to, something i do agree with you about, is that Carmello does have control over where he goes and if he wants to be in new york, he will be here
I understand that but going into what I mentioned in another thread,are we looking at just Mike D being here or long term where he might not be in the cards? Because we all know a team is usually built for a coaches system,but will his win?

Again Not saying trade for Mr.Anthony but if you can obtain him for MINIMAL cost you do it hands down

Status
Not open for further replies.